A Dynasty of Games (Closed for Recruitment - Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, September 30, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Hey everyone!

I am recruiting whoever is interested in to my new RP. This will be using the same thematic elements from Game Protagonists at War. However there are quite a lot of story, and mechanic differences that I hope will make it feel unique in it's own way. I hope you are interested!

Map of the Video Game Universe

The Story

Centuries ago the whole of the Video Game universe fell under threat by a terrible enemy remembered only now as The Dominion. It's power was unrivaled, it methods merciless, and it's goal simple. The complete destruction of the Video Game universe. For the first time in known history, Heroes and Villians stood side by side with one another in the despearte attempt to repel an enemy that meaned to end their very existence. The Champions (Heroes & Villians) fell by the thousands in a desperate attempt to repel an enemy they were wholly unprepared for.

During the peak of these great events, a council was called between both Heroes and Villains which would determine the fate of all Champions. If they were to survive, then there must be complete unity between both good and evil. All Video Game characters and empires would need to rise underneath the complete rule of a single, all powerful monarch. One who could be trusted with the fate of all Video Game worlds. An Empress was chosen, and the Dynasty was born. With absolute power, the Empress used the whole of the magical artifacts and technologies at the disposal of all Champions. She sacrificed entire worlds for single victories. Decimated whole systems of planets and stars just to halt the oncoming march from the Dominion's ceaseless forces. Though now little is remembered about that time, one fact has lived on about that long-ago enemy. Used to terrify young Champions in to their beds at night. The Dominion, whatever it was, needed to harvest the living in order to quench it's awesome hunger. In order to continue this war. The losses were great, the battlefields were littered with the dead. But in the end the Dynasty succeeded. The Dominion was destroyed, or repelled back to whatever place it came from. And has not been seen or heard from since.

In the aftermath of the war, the Empress was quick to establish the Dynasty as the supreme ruler of all worlds. Her castle, and seat of power was established in Anor Londo from the Dark Souls universe. Many had said that once the Dominion was vanquished the absolute power the Dynasty held would return to the many smaller governments, Kings, Queens, gods and nations of each respective video game world. This was not the case. The Dynasty destroyed all easily accessible recorded data or written text regarding the Dominion. Supposedly in order to prevent their return from ever taking place. Likewise, the Empress decreed that Heroes and Villains would be equally stationed within the ranks of the Dynasty, so long as they were loyal to the will of the Empress. Each could find equal reward. Finally, a great peace followed where Video Game Heroes and Villains were allowed to return to their homes and continue their own agendas. So long as none threatened the Dynasty, and all paid homage to it's infinite rule through artifacts, slaves for their armies, and monetary tribute.

In the present day, the Dynasty's control has diminished. Corruption in both Heroes and Villains has run rampant. Though still enormously powerful, several rival factions with their own agendas have grown in power. Establishing their own seats of power in one world or another. The Black Veil, the Galactic Federation of Trade. The Coalition of Adventurers. Most tired of living beneath the thumb of a tyrannical government. The many Video Game universes are simply too large to hold completely for the Empress and the armies of the Dynasty. If any of these groups are found to be directly working against the will of the Dynasty, they are met with bloody conflict.

The story begins with a group of Heroes and Villains who have been accused of crimes against the Dynasty on their way to their own execution.

The Game

The idea of this game is that everyone will be playing video game characters, whether a Hero or Villain in the universe that you choose to pick! Think of the Dynasty a lot like a Nazi Germany who the world allowed to take control when the need was most dire. Now that the immenant threat has passed, over several generations people have begun to rebel against this monarchy. This will be a large theme of the game, rebelling against the Dynasty. However there will be a great deal of things going on that the players can choose to pursue instead! In fighting with other factions, Video Game universes at war with others. New enemies, quests for powerful artifacts, it could go a lot of different ways depending on player choice! Because the Dynasty has created this environemnt of “Hero or Villain, it does not matter” you will discover that the world has both good guy characters and bad guy characters interacting together in relative peace. Chun-Li might be sharing a drink with Albert Wesker, who is very poorly trying to flirt with her.

The Heroes and Villains

You can play any character that you want, pending that it has not been reserved by another character who is in the process of creating them, or they are not already devoted to something story wise. This includes picking video game villains. It is important to remember that there really are not good guys and bad guys. In this world, you could find that Jim Raynor is the head of the Dynasty Death Squad. Or, that Ganondorf is the heading an anti-Dynasty resistance organization. How Champions act determines whether they are good or bad. Not who they are in their respective video game. All characters must come from a video game world. You are allowed to roll your own OC from a MMO or a game where you are allowed to design and play a unique character right off the bat. You will find additional information on constructing OC also in the next section.

The Powers

One of the first things to keep in mind is that video game characters are not immortal. Some characters have an automatic immunity to aging (undead types) but they can still be killed. Video game characters have an average lifespan of roughly 500 years before they die of old age. Video game characters are extremely resiliant (can heal most non-lethal wounds, including limb loss) but they can die in battle through extraordinary levels of damage. These Heroes or Villains who die are often replaced by what is known as a Reborn. A Reborn is someone who takes up the mantle of that previous dead character after they've passed on. Adopting all of their powers, fighting techniques, and magical or technilogical arsenal. Thematically, these will be played out as Original Characters. So, if you want to play a female Scorpion for instance, you can roll that character. You just need to explain that Scorpion died, or was killed at some point in the past, and you have taken up his mantle and become the Reborn – Scorpion.

You are also welcome to play a monster-type character, and choose for them to appear human. All Protagonists and Villain's share certain powers. One of these powers is the ability to turn into a humanoid version of their character. That way you can travel more easily, and converse or have sex without it being crazy weird.

Unless I say otherwise you can also assume that you have the max-level powers and items of your respective characters. There will be some magical artifacts that were confiscated by the Dynasty during the war with the Dominion, or have just been lost over time. I will make special note to tell you if you select a character with one of these limitations.

All characters will start at equal level. Even if you select a character who in the universe of their video game might seem more powerful than someone elses, they are not. The Minecraft guy's hammer hits just as hard as your death ray.

The Sex

We will have threads specifically dedicated to sex and smut scenes for players! You can also feel free to PM your smut scenes with your partner if you would rather not let the entire party see it.

The Threads

There will be two types of threads in this game. A Main Story Thread, and a Side Scene thread. The Main Story thread will be where the story for the arc we are playing progresses. In those, you may only post 1 time before a GM post. There will be rules around post frequency inside of this thread for Active players. The Side Scene threads can be constructed by players with GM approval. You may post in these however much you'd like, but nothing that happens inside of these threads will be canon to the story as a whole.

The Rules

First and most important rule, be nice to one another. If you have a question and are unable to determine the answer in the OOC, please PM me. Second, there will be an expected post rate for Main Story threads. Please post at least 1 time every 3 days in the Main Story Thread.

More to come as I think of them!

Active Threads:

The Character Sheets

A lot of this will be self-explanatory if you choose a more famous video game character. What I am primarily interested in is what your character did to warrant attracting the anger of the Dynasty. The game begins with all of the player's characters being karted off to their execution. Maybe you were falsly accused, maybe you actually did something against them! You can feel free to decide, and make up some stuff in your backstory to support it.

Feel free to post your character sheets in this thread. Do not transition them over to the OOC section until you have received approval from me. If you want to get your sheet out there, but leave in a note that says you are going to discuss pre-existing relationships with other characters after approval, that is fine with me as well.

Because this Video Game universe, and the control of the Dynasty extends across fantasy and science fiction worlds, you can really go wild.

[center][size=12pt][b]Name Here[b][/size][/center]

[float=right][img padding=10]Character Image Here, Duh[/img][/float]

[float=right][img padding=10]Human appearance if monster[/img][/float] *Not required*

[b]Current Occupation:[/b] [Your character's current day job.]

[b]Home World Information:[/b]

[b]Appearance/Style Description:[/b] *You can make your appearance more modern, or completely different from the game character. Also, feel free to add something changing how they look to make them more physically attractive.

[b]Sexuality[/b]: (List your O&O if there is something specific)

[b]Personality:[/b] [The most important part. Try to make it interesting and believable.]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Current Situation:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b] You may have a weapon that is not in your canon, just explain it in your backstory. Maybe you picked it up while helping one of the organizations, collected it during some past adventure, or during your time in the Dynasty military. For instance of Mario wanted to have a Covenant Plasma Sword. Go nuts.

[img]Flavor image[/img]

[b]Special Powers:[/b] You may feel free to invent a appropriate amount of custom powers for your character, that fit with their theme and game. I would not pick more than 3.

[b]Strengths:[/b] This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] This can also be anything, but note that [b]you must[/b] have at least 1 combat weakness. Try to shy away from just having personality related weaknesses, these need to be actual limitations of your character that can be used in the story. If you would like to PM me for discussion on this, because you want it to be a story element that's fine! Or potentially something related to your artifact weapon or home world.

FAQ

How is this game different from Game Protagonists at War?
- Format wise it is very similar for obvious reasons. The story however will be completely different. Nothing from the Game Protagonists at War game will be canon in this game. Also, it will not take place in the Game Protagonists at War big game status board.

If there are no stats in the game, how do fights work?
- Basically you will post what you do with your character during the fight. For instance, my character jumps forward and slashes at the enemies neck. The GM will inform you as to the result of that attack during their post. Players will not determine the effectiveness of their own abilities in their posts.

Are video game characters based on some movie or anime acceptable?
- Yes

How is this game going to progress?
- One of the big things that I like to do as a GM is present the players with options and see which one they take. After the introductory events that I have set up, the players will be given options for what the next arc could be during in character posts. That choice will determine the next arc, so on and so forth. All the while a larger storyline will develop around them.

How do we get stronger?
- As characters, you will earn loot in the game during your adventures. Very much like an actual roleplaying game. Also, at the end of each arc, each character will be granted a Level Up. You can use these to give yourself a new power, which will be added to your character sheet.

What is a Reborn?
- Basically a mechanism that you as players can use to create a original looking and acting character, but have the power set of a famous video game character. I will be a bit more hardcore in approving these characters.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Lustful Bride

Pink Professional

BruceTheCat

Great to have you Pink and Lust!

You two are fantastic RPers, and I would be lucky to have you in the game.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Laughing Hyena

Rel Mayer

I'm trying to decide between Mia Fey and Sylvanas... It's such a hard choice!

BruceTheCat

Great to see your interest Hyena!

Hard choices Rel. Maybe brainstorm the backstory for both and see which one you like better?
- scribus1000

Pink Professional

Well, I've made my choice of character. Revan will be joining the fray.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Pink Professional on October 01, 2015, 12:22:18 AM
Well, I've made my choice of character. Revan will be joining the fray.

Time to Rev those engines! Woo! Woo! :P

Laughing Hyena

BruceTheCat

I am heavily leaning on playing Shepard. But I want to give it a day or so to see if I suddenly get a burst of inspiration for a different character.
- scribus1000

Laughing Hyena

Rish

I'm joining. Just really sick at the moment so I can't think straight.

Laughing Hyena

Warframe Armour and Recon aka W.A.R.

Current Occupation: {No amount of affirmative action is going to give me a job outside of what I do.}

Home World Information: Warframe

Appearance/Style Description: To make himself (and others) more… comfortable outside of his war frame, he has adopted a human form in order to better communicate with others. Within a Warframe he is in essentially pure energy and is tied directly into the suit of armor he wields.

Sexuality: Unknown ; He is new to having an actual body and as such he is in fact quite unsure save for he favors the company of females.

Personality: He prefers actions over words and is not the type to mince them unless needed. He is ruthless in combat and focuses intensely upon the mission. Serious and not one to make jokes or snark, he is more than liable to misinterpret otherwise obvious social banter.

History: The Tenno originated from far in a distant future where humanity is all but extinct and after the deposed orokin empire was betrayed during a war for survival by their trusted guards, warriors and assassins called the Tenno. Beings that have been changed when traveling through the void and engineered to be agents of death. However the Lotus usurped the Tenno with a promise to make and forge their own destiny rather than be subservient to the Orokin Empire. After which they were sent into stasis and in the Orokins place, the Grinner Empire now control the Solar System, essentially an infinite army of xenophobic cybernetic clones ideally seeking perfection of their own cloning process for the glory of the queens and the Corpus, merchants whom seek profit however they can. No trade is too deplorable, no act too low so long as it makes them money. The Tenno have reawaken in this time span acting as mercenaries and trying to keep the Corpus, Grineer and Dynasty in check.

Current Situation: Currently undergoing a contract to liberate several heroes and heroines at an execution by posing as one of those to be executed… The motherly figure and handler of the Tenno, the Lotus intends to overcharge the Tenno during the execution to allow him to break free of his bonds and liberate as many heroes as possible alongside another squad of rebels. For the Lotus, it's time to make their presence known.

Weapons and Inventory

The Warframe - The Tenno don these battle suits like a man does with clothes. Each Warframe comes with its own unique strengths, weaknesses and special abilities and powers. Each suit is unique and the arsenal is ever expanding however each operator only ever starts with one Warframe of their own. There are over twenty Warframes in total and yet this newest Tenno has but one to his arsenal. Each Warframe has several perks and four abilities to make use of in battle. Warframes are capable of providing life support to its user to perform at peak efficiency and are capable of surviving within the vacuum of space or in toxic atmospheres indefinitely though they gradually become weakened without auxiliary life support to refresh their supply when in such environments. These Warframes can be modified to suit the users need and improve upon the default systems parameters. For obvious reasons one can only wear one suit at a time. Each Warframe shall be fleshed out as they are acquired.

~Warframes Acquired~

Volt - Weak Armor, Amazing Shields, Moderate Health, Amazing Speed and Maneuverability (Shocking, efficient and deadly, Volt is a tactically advantageous Warframe, making full use of electricity to change the course of battle to his favor. Shock unleashes a powerful surge of chain lighting that jumps to nearby foes surrounding the intended target and can stun those it does not kill. Speed allows Volt to overcharge his suit to run at breakneck speeds and improved dexterity which also allows his nearby team members to improve in mobility as well. Electric Shield creates a barrier that stops incoming projectiles whilst charging Volt and his team members outgoing projectile weapons with electricity. Overload allows Volt to release a powerful wave of energy around his immediate vicinity which overloads all electrical devices and brutally shocks all enemies within the area.) 

The Archwing - This is mechanized pair of wings that allow the Tenno to engage space born enemies and can also function underwater. It is however not a terrestrial based type of equipment. Similar to a stunt fighter crossed with a mech, but much more durable when properly modified and cared for. It is meant to deal deathblows to dreadnaught class ships such as star destroyers and similar warships. Capable of engaging an armada of small class fighters, it is equipped with a primary gun and melee weapon which are variable. It is also, like all Tenno Warframes and Armaments, capable of being modified. Equipped with its own shields and armor, the Archwing is a formidable answer to the battleships the Dynasty might throw. An important note is that when the Archwing is under use the loadout of the Archwing (Weapons and Mods) takes priority over the Warframe (Weapons, Sentinels/Kubrows, Mod) loadout.

Archwings Acquired

Odonata - [Moderate Armor, Moderate Shields, Moderate Health, Moderate Speed and Manuverability] This Archwing is a well balanced start to a Warframes space combat arsenal. Bolsters with a deployment of scramblers to avoid lock on missiles, a frontal over shield that can be activated to stop most incoming projectiles, along with an battery of short range image recognition missiles to clear an area along with a deployable repulser sphere to force nearby enemies away from the Archwing. Primary and Secondary Weapon Slot is the Imperator, a Heavy Machine Gun with Anti Material Rounds meant to destroy targets along with the Veritux a giant sword capable of slicing through enemy drones and small ships.

Tenno Armaments - The Tenno are armed with an array of weaponry with each one fully customizable with mods. From hand cannons and machine guns to kunais and bows to even grenade, shotguns and laser based weaponry, there is very little the Tenno can get their hands on with enough time and resources. However like every single weapon and armament they are all needing to be acquired or created in the foundry. As such the Tenno dedicate a significant amount of time to their weapons. Each Tenno starts with a primary weapon which is an auto rifle or bow, a pistol or kunai, or a skana or bo staff all of mark one quality.

Armaments Acquired

Burston MKI - [Primary] A basic auto rifle capable of being switched from burst fire to auto fire with quick efficiency. 

Lato MKI - [Secondary] A semi automatic hand cannon which is deadly at point blank range.

Skana - [Melee] A short sword capable of slicing through Grineer cybernetics and armor. Can have energy channeled through it for even greater sharpness

The Liset - This is the Tenno's primary means of travel throughout the galaxy. A one man crewed stealth ship, this serves as a Tenno's base of operations and his primary means of extraction and deployment during missions. It is also where all weapons and equipment are created and modified. Capable of wormhole jumps to allow rapid navigations amongst the stars, the primary function is to ensure the Tenno is able to get into a location and back out again swiftly. Each Liset has it's own Artificial Intelligence which is expressly loyal to the Tenno and pilots and navigates the ship for the Tenno when they are not actually inside of it. This Tenno in particular has an AI by the name of Cephalon Ordis whom requires maintenance after having been tampered with by the Grinner. He is missing several bits of data and can glitch out at times into bizarre and sometimes volatile mood swings. Ordis often tells the Tenno "to return - COVERED IN BLOOD - safe and sound." Needless to say Ordis takes exception to those whom have tampered with him and also those whom might cause harm to his Operator.

Special Powers

Basic Biology - Tenno have no special attributes of their own save for the fact that they are beings of living energy capable of undertaking human form outside of their Warframes. Their 'superpowers' if one can call them that is that they can interface with an incredible assortment of technologies. No one knows if they started off as beings of energy or flesh. This is supposedly their own sacrifice made for the power of the Warframes they control. They lack the ability to reproduce and do not physical age.

Strengths

Ninjas in Space - Tenno are highly trained combatants, cunning hackers, and nimble space shinobi. They are capable of setting themselves up for any mission and thus succeeding. They take out high ranking targets, steal secrets be it information or items of significant value, destroy and sabotage vital points and harvest resources from enemy mining facilities. Capable of ripping mechanical monsters in half with their bare hands, capable of wall hiking and amazing variable feats of agility they are some of the best free agents one can ever find. As such they are often sought after by ally and foes to handle problems.

Safety in Numbers - The Tenno have a various number of contacts and many contracts are given to the Tenno to sabotage, assassinate and steal valuable resources even amongst friend and foes. They are mercenary and everyone seeks the Tenno out. The Tenno's true loyalty is to their own. When Tenno leave on a mission they can usually call up to a four man squad of fellow Tenno for very important missions if the incentive is properly made or the mission mutually benefits the other Tenno he calls upon in some way. But Tenno can count amongst their own to back them up in a mission.

The Lotus - Deep within the Void, within an unknown location remains the handler of every single Tenno, the Lotus. She is their mother and they are her children. She was the reason the Tenno sought their own liberation from the Orokin and systematically assassinated their leaders. When it came time however for the Lotus to turn on the Tenno she did not. She does not have any children of her own and cannot have any due to her sacrifice in the void. As such she views the Tenno as her children. She is their handler in combat, their intelligence and co-ordinator outside of it. She sets up the mission parameters and can directly help the Tenno in various ways such as over clocking their Warframes to put them at peak fighting conditions should they be debilitated or sending life support when the enemy has shut down life support systems.

Weaknesses

Limited Versatility - The Operator of the Warframes is limited in what they can bring to the battlefield and have to prepare and adapt to what lies before them. At the start their versatility cannot factor in because they lack the resources to change weapons and frames. However regardless of how much they acquire, they are limited to wearing one Warframe, and three weapons with a companion (sentinel or kubrow) and arch-wing as support. Furthermore the Archwing is under use it's stats and load out takes priority over the Warframe's load out. Thus there is no way to circumvent this drawback.

Self Reliant Armaments - Each Operator is essentially on his own for procuring weapons, mods and new warframes. Using the foundry to create new weapons of wars after procuring blueprints and resources, only then can the Tenno truly be a forced to be reckoned with. They are an island unto themselves and each armament and mod acquired must be earned. As such he only starts with one warframe, one primary weapon, one secondary weapon and one melee weapon. This is not pay to win after all, this is free to play.

Socially Repressed - The Operator has no true form to call it's own and the Tenno have no sense of identity beyond their lives as Assassins. Socially this makes him yet to bloom in his own fashion and presents a number of social issues. He for instance cannot seem to come down from his mindset of always upon a mission. He will solely focus on it and has yet to ever let his guard down. This also means he will remain within his own sort of bubble in terms of employment. An assassin is an assassin after all.

TheBlackThrone

Joining. I'll put up a character sheet but I want to also ask how many characters are we allowed.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Mac84

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on October 01, 2015, 05:05:58 AM
(Work in Progress yes but I wanted to show what I had concept wise.)

Warframe Armour and Recon aka W.A.R.

Current Occupation: {No amount of affirmative action is going to give me a job outside of what I do.}

Home World Information: Warframe

Appearance/Style Description: To make himself more… comfortable outside of his war frame he has adopted a human form in order to better communicate with others. Within a Warframe he is in essentially pure energy and is tied directly into the suit of armor he wields.

Sexuality: Unknown ; He is new to having an actual body and as such he is in fact quite unsure save for he favors the company of females.

Personality: He prefers actions over words and is not the type to mince them unless needed. He is ruthless in combat and focuses intensely upon the mission. Serious and not one to make jokes or snark, he is more than liable to misinterpret otherwise obvious social banter.

History: TBD

Current Situation: Currently undergoing a contract to liberate several heroes and heroines at an execution by posing as one of those to be executed… The motherly figure and handler of the Tenno, the Lotus intends to overcharge the Tenno during the execution to allow him to break free of his bonds and liberate as many heroes as possible alongside another squad. For the glory of the Lotus, tis time to make their presence known.

Weapon

The Warframe - The Tenno don these battle suits like a man does with clothes. Each Warframe comes with its own unique strengths, weaknesses and abilities. Each suit is unique and the arsenal is ever expanding however each operator only ever starts with one Warframe of their own. There are over twenty Warframes in total and yet this newest Tenno has but one to his arsenal. Each Warframe has several perks and four abilities to make use of in battle. These Warframes can be modified to suit the users need and improve upon the default systems parameters. For obvious reasons one can only wear one suit at a time. Each Warframe shall be fleshed out as they are acquired.

~Acquired Warframes~

Volt - Weak Armor, Amazing Shields, Moderate Health, Amazing Speed and Maneuverability (Shocking, efficient and deadly, Volt is a tactically advantageous Warframe, making full use of electricity to change the course of battle to his favor. Shock unleashes a powerful surge of chain lighting that jumps to nearby foes surrounding the intended target and can stun those it does not kill. Speed allows Volt to overcharge his suit to run at breakneck speeds and improved dexterity which also allows his nearby team members to improve in mobility as well. Electric Shield creates a barrier that stops incoming projectiles whilst charging Volt and his team members outgoing projectile weapons with electricity. Overload allows Volt to release a powerful wave of energy around his immediate vicinity which overloads all electrical devices and brutally shocks all enemies within the area.) 

Special Powers You may feel free to invent a appropriate amount of custom powers for your character, that fit with their theme and game. I would not pick more than 3.

Strengths This can be anything, related or not related to your character's fighting abilities. My recommendation would be to pick 2 things that make you a badass Protagonist, and 2 things that are not related to combat.

The Lotus - Deep within the Void, within an unknown location remains the handler of every single Tenno, the Lotus. She is their mother and they are her children. She was the reason the Tenno sought their own liberation from the Orokin and systematically assassinated their leaders. When it came time however for the Lotus to turn on the Tenno she did not. She does not have any children of her own and cannot have any due to her sacrifice in the void. As such she views the Tenno as her children. She is their handler in combat, their intelligence and co-ordinator outside of it. She sets up the mission parameters and can directly help the Tenno in various ways such as over clocking their Warframes to put them at peak fighting conditions should they be debilitated.

Weaknesses

Limited Versatility - The Operator of the Warframes is limited in what they can bring to the battlefield and have to prepare and adapt to what lies before them. At the start their versatility cannot factor in because they lack the resources to change weapons and frames. However regardless of how much they acquire, they are limited to wearing one Warframe, and three weapons with a companion (sentinel or kubrow) and arch-wing as support.

Self Reliant Armaments - Each Operator is essentially on his own for procuring weapons, mods and new warframes. Using the foundry to create new weapons of wars after procuring blueprints and resources, only then can the Tenno truly be a forced to be reckoned with. They are an island unto themselves and each armament and mod acquired must be earned. As such he only starts with one warframe, one primary weapon, one secondary weapon and one melee weapon. This is not pay to win after all, this is free to play.

Socially Repressed - The Operator has no true form to call it's own and the Tenno have no sense of identity beyond their lives as Assassins. Socially this makes him yet to bloom in his own fashion and presents a number of social issues. He for instance cannot seem to come down from his mindset of always upon a mission. He will solely focus on it and has yet to ever let his guard down. This also means he will remain within his own sort of bubble in terms of employment. An assassin is an assassin after all.

He sounds like a character from Full Metal Panic lol.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Vaulera

Sooo, is this specifically video games, or does it also extend to things like Warhammer? I have a billion and a half choices, as far as the characters I love go, but I am wondering!

Mac84

Speaking of Full Metal Panic....

My (WIP) character!

Jack Archer

Game: Robotech: Battlecry

Current Occupation: Mercenary.

Home World Information: The Home Universe of Jack Archer is a very technologically fluctuating state. The Humans of Earth had a Goldmine dropped into their laps with the Arrival of Zor's masterpiece, The SDF-1. Within it, the greatest power source the universe has ever known, The Protoculture Matrix, was stored. There are many powerful Alien Races that are veying for control of this limitless power source. Causing the Earth to nearly be destroyed several times over.

Appearance/Style Description: Jack stands 6'2" tall, weighs at 184lbs, Hazel eyes, and dark blue hair. His style is conservative trendy. Generally Jeans with a button up shirt, and jacket.

Personality: Jack is a friendly, out going person. Some would say confident. In the skies, he is like many other fighter Pilots. Confident, on the border of Arrogant. However, he is very lethal.

Sexuality: Hetrosexual.

History:
The Global Civil War:
Born 14 September 1980. Jack was born before the start of the Global War, and his parents died shortly into the conflict, leaving him an orphan. His country's military drafted him at a very young age, a disposition which he was not against as the position kept in him off of the destructive and horrific ground of his home land. His government soon dissolved, and he eventually became a mercenary. He fought for both sides of the conflict, depending on who he was offered the best pay to fight for. He briefly met another famous pilot of the war, Roy Fokker, multiple times in this position, sometimes as an enemy and sometimes as an ally.

After the Macross Incident forced the war to a close, work dried up for Jack, and he soon became able to enjoy his life once more. He began working on Macross Island on reconstructing the crashed battle fortress. It was during work one day that he was recognized by Roy, who was now working with the RDF on Project Valkyrie. Roy described the project to Jack, and entailed descriptions of the VF-1's great feats, which Jack only believed when he was given the chance to fly alongside Roy in his own fighter. Shocked an intrigued, Jack began to learn the secrets of the Veritech along Fokker.

Jack graduated from the Robotech Academy in record time because of his capabilities as a combat pilot, although had less than spectacular grades (he hated to study). He was given a combat assignment with Wolf Squadron based on Macross Island.

The Robotech War:
Despite his reputation for being a rebel, Jack joined the military as soon as he was old enough to ensure his survival during the wars of the late 20th century. In the cockpit of a fighter jet, Jack quickly found that he had a natural gift for flying and combat. A protégé of Roy Fokker, Jack was one of the first pilots of the new Veritech Fighter and proved to be a valuable clutch in the first face-off against the Zentraedi invaders.

Reconstruction Era:
Where Jack Archer's military career really shined was during the Reconstruction Era after the climactic battle with Dolza's fleet

Jack Archer spearheaded covert missions against rogue bands of Zentraedi forces under the command team of Lisa Hayes and Helen Chase. Also, He formed team work alongside Rick Hunter to rescue Lynn Minmey. During this campaign, Archer pursued the warlord Zeraal, who was working to sabotage Earth's rebuilding efforts.

Later in that year, Jack was trapped in a space fold with Zeraal. Zeraal was killed by Jack, and was left to suffocate in space, likely to die.

Jack would be spared his fate by the one time Zentraedi Commander that he spared whom turned Double Agent for the RDF, Skard. Folding in with a Quiltra Queleual Class Landing Ship Tank with only a few minutes of air left within Jack's Veritech Fighter.

Dynasty Era:
After the War with the Dominion, to which Jack distinguished himself with his skill as a Veritech Fighter pilot, He fell into with the Dynasty's vision of a grand future. Flying for them for decades after the war. However, as time past, he saw more, and more free worlds come under the tyrannical thumb of the Empress, and her Dynasty. Countless worlds that were forced to disarm at the threat of utter destruction. The last straw was his own world. Seeing the proud Zentraedi, and their fleets being forced to abandon their culture. Their once proud faces now so lost, they're merely a shell of their former selves. It made him happy that his Rival did not live to see what became of her people.

Jack Refused to turn over his VF-1S Veritech Fighter to the Dynasty to be destroyed, and escaped his world. Moving from place to place. Taking odd contracts like he did during the global Civil War. Anything to keep his baby flying, and food in his belly. However, It was only a few short years before Jack was nearly killed in a dogfight. He narrowly avoided dying by ejecting from his beloved Veritech before it crashed into the ground.

For a while he was without a plane, and a way to make a living. However, he kept his ear to the ground, and followed rumors of a place where there was still a Variable Fighter. In the Macross Game World. What Jack found was a world eerily similar to his own in many respects. It was also where He found his new Fighter tucked away in the back of a dusty hanger on an abandoned base. It was only a prototype, but it was leagues ahead of what he knew. He would come to find out that the Fighter was the Prototype VF-19 "Eagle One" Fighter.

Current Situation: In route to his own execution.

Weapon:
VF-19 Variable Fighter "Eagle One"

Equipment Type: UNAF/UNS prototype main advanced variable fighter

Unofficial codename: Alpha One, Eagle One

Government: U.N. Air Force, U.N. Spacy

Manufacturer: Stonewell Bellcom (Shinsei Industry)

Introduction: 2034

Operational Deployment: 2040

Accommodation:
pilot, and Passenger in Marty & Beck Mk 12a g-endurance zero/zero ejection seats (pilot wears Tactical Life Support System with upper and lower g-suits and pressure breathing. Passenger wears standard EVA suit)

Dimensions:
Battroid Mode: height 15.48 meters (without cannon)
Fighter Mode: wingspan 14.87 meters [14.89 meters]; height 3.94 meters; length 18.62 meters
GERWALK Mode: wingspan 14.87 meters

Mass:
empty 8.75 metric tons [8.73 metric tons, 8.759 metric tons]; max T-O mass in atmosphere 37.509 metric tons; max T-O mass in space, with fold booster 46.102 metric tons.
Structure: space metal frame, energy converting armor, stealth composition.
Power Plant: two Shinnakasu Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2500E thermonuclear turbine engines, replacing two Shinsei Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2200B engines in initial specifications

Propulsion:
42,700 kg [x g] x 2 class maximum instantaneous thrust in atmosphere (67,500 [64,700] kg [x g] x 2 class in space) (662.18 kN x 2 in space); initial specifications featured 56,500 kg [x g] x 2 class maximum instantaneous thrust in space; engines utilize air as coolant/propellant in atmosphere, but problems with cooling efficiency (attributed to exceeding output and melting the core) limit maximum thrust to 40% to 60% of thrust in space; 2 x vertical two-dimensional vectored exhaust nozzles; many x P&W HMM-6J high-maneuverability vernier thrusters.
Thrust-to-weight ratio: (empty) 15.43 (ratio is 9.26 when limited to 60% thrust in atmosphere)

Performance:
Fighter Mode: standard cruise speed 15,000-22,000 m Mach 1.8; max cruise speed 15,000-22,000 m Mach 5.1 [Mach 5.1+]; max cruise speed at 30,000+ m Mach 21+ [Mach 24+ (8.1 km/s)]; max rate of climb at S/L 65,000 meters/minute; min time to aerodynamic ceiling (over Planet Eden) 48 seconds.
g limit: +31.0/- 18.5

Design Features:
3-mode variable transformation; variable geometry sweep (VG) main wing featuring forward-swept standard cruising configuration and overswept high-speed configuration (mode also used for storage); canard forward wing; two-section double-hinged cockpit canopy glass with rear canopy air deflector panels and retractable segmented canopy cover (for rear seat ejection); vertical take-off and landing (VTOL); supersonic cruise and maneuvering in region of Mach 5.0+ below the stratosphere; two-dimensional thrust vectoring (independent pivot); capable of attaining unassisted orbital velocity over an Earth-class planet; wrap-around imaging monitor system in cockpit (all modes); anti-projectile (bulletproof) shield; internal pallets for various weaponry (engine/leg sections); fighter-scale pin-point barrier system (PPB); active stealth system; 3 x special equipment hard point stations for optional 2 x all-environment FAST Pack conformal propellant tanks (mounted dorsal aft in Fighter mode, atop shoulders in GERWALK/Battroid modes) and optional 1 x Shinnakasu Industry/OTEC FBF-1000A external prototype fighter fold booster (not certified for performing folds beyond a one-way limit of 20 light years; by the end of the 2040s improvements had been made to reliability and accuracy of the system); optional 2 x all-environment FAST Pack weapon packs with micro-missiles (mounted ventral side fuselage in Fighter mode, lower legs in GERWALK/Battroid modes); the hard points compromise stealth capabilities so are limited to use in space for long-distance ferry propellant tank and other special equipment; option of yf-19 protoype arm armament unit.

- Armament - [/size]

Guns:
1 x fixed rear Mauler REB-30G anti-aircraft laser gun turret (mounted center dorsal section in Fighter/GERWALK mode, becomes head turret in Battroid mode)
2 x semi-fixed internal Mauler REB-20G converging energy cannons OR Mauler REB-23 laser cannons (mounted in both leading wing roots with exit ports)
1 x Howard GU-15 new standard external gatling gun pod in Four hard point weapon stations (mounted ventral fuselage in Fighter mode or in manipulator in GERWALK/Battroid modes); spare magazines stored underneath shield
1 x fixed Howard PBS-03F fighter-carried pin-point barrier system (pin-point barrier system needs 60% of the output and thus cannot be used in fighter-mode)
1 x standard bulletproof (anti-projectile) shield (mounted center rear dorsal fuselage in Fighter mode, mounted on arm in GERWALK/Battroid modes)
Bombs & Missiles:
2 x Stonewell/Roice B-7 standard internal pallets (mounted ventral side fuselage in Fighter mode, lower legs in GERWALK/Battroid modes) featuring air-to-air/air-to-ground general-purpose micro-missile pallets, Bifors BMM-24 all-regime high-maneuverability micro-missile cluster, OR 2 x [4 x] B-19A YF-19-exclusive internal weapons pallets.
4 x chaff dispensers (mounted aft)

Optional Armament:

2 + 2 x all-environment FAST Pack conformal propellant tanks and weapon packs with micro-missiles, conformal-type to avoid adversely impacting stealth performance (each main body hardpoint for FAST packs can hold 4,500 kg)
1 x optional FAST pack arm armament unit with high offensive ability tested but not included with FAST pack that features: 1 x double-barrel beam cannon, 1 x large-bore cannon, 5 x missiles (mounted on right arm in Battroid mode)

Special Powers: N/A (Unless you're talking about attracting Psychotic Female Zentraedi)

Strengths: Military Training/experience, Physically Fit, Loyal

Weaknesses: Standard Human Weaknesses, Can be overconfident/Over reaching, [/spoiler]

Mac84

Quote from: Vaulera on October 01, 2015, 10:35:26 AM
Sooo, is this specifically video games, or does it also extend to things like Warhammer? I have a billion and a half choices, as far as the characters I love go, but I am wondering!

I know a couple of War Hammer Video games. Space Marines immediately come to mind.

Ork: SPICE MAHRINES!?

BruceTheCat

Happy to see your interest guys! I will review the submitted sheets as soon as possible and let you know if I have any feedback!

To answer your question Thorne, only one character is allowed for right now.

Vaulera, only video game characters are allowed, but there are tons of Warhammer video games so that would be totally applicable!
- scribus1000

Vaulera

I know! Luckily enough I managed to find what I was looking for! I want to play an Adeptas Sororitas, but they aren't very heavily featured in games. Thankfully enough, I found them in Dawn of War soulstorm. A pertinent question. Does it have to be a specific named character (there is one, lovely enough,) or can it be generic? Either way, I think I'll get a Battle Sister in this thing, with power weapons and bolters.

Rish

Feeling a little better, and I would like to play Ganondorf if that's possible? And would he still have the triforce of power or would that be taken from him?