Monster Girl Noir, Re-Recruitment

Started by ShadowFox89, October 24, 2012, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Is there anyone out there interested in running a game using the Legend system? I would run one myself, but, well, I'm not exactly the most consistent DM out there.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

You can count me in as a second player if there's anyone out there wanting to run a game. ^^

Well, assuming you're referring to Rule of Cool's Legend, and not Mongoose's Legend, anyway.

ShadowFox89

I am talking about Rule of Cool's, yes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

And if we don't get anyone then... eh, I'll run it. I have a couple of ideas that would work with a small group.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

That would be awesome. ^^ I can come up with plenty of character concepts with this system, myself, so I should be able to work with whatever plot you throw my way.

ShadowFox89

Well, primary idea is a game set in Sengoku era Japan with gender-swapped historical figures where the characters pursue their own plots...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Sengoku era sounds fun. I am woefully unfamiliar with the rule system, though.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

It's either that, or Old Republic Era Star Wars, with the tracks fluffed up as needed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 26, 2012, 12:45:04 AM
It's either that, or Old Republic Era Star Wars, with the tracks fluffed up as needed.
Not familiar with that, but, I ended up looking through my collection of books and pdf's, and found Rule of Cool's Legend. So I could play that. I'm even already working on a character concept.
Check out my poet tree!

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Gender-swapped Oda Nobunaga...

*ponders build possibilities*

ShadowFox89

I was thinking they'd be NPCs, but having them as PC's is entirely possible as well.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Ah, I see. ^^; That also works.

ShadowFox89

Depends on what people want, could be cool with PCs picking someone to make. I'd still rather be playing :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

I'd prefer they stay npc's.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Could do a compromise- If someone wants to play a historic character, they can.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Yeah, but wouldn't that mean that the PCs would have to be intrinsically linked to them? I mean, say someone plays Nobunaga... then, if I'm playing anybody but an Oda vassal or mercenary, or an ally, then it doesn't make too much sense for my character to be involved, you know? I'm mostly just worried about it having a limiting effect on others creativity. Though if their's a work-around, I wouldn't mind it, then.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

This isn't history. This wouldn't be a strict historical game. If you want to play an assassin who travels around Japan killing warlords, go right ahead. Hence why I said if I'd run it it would be player driven.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheHangedOne

Oh. Alrighty then. :-)
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Well, I'll give it a week. If no one wants to run by then, I'll edit the OP.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Since it looks like I may end up running this....

Seongoku era Japan with Gender-swapped historical characters or Old Republic era Star Wars?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Hmm, tough decision...  Do you have a preference?  I'm kind of leaning towards the gender-swapped Sengoku era, myself, but only because that seems like a setting that would allow for more freedom in character builds...

TheHangedOne

Star Wars is a no go for me, so Sengoku is what I'd like to see, too.
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Okay. I'm gonna do some background building, as I want to add some fantasy elements in. I'll work on everything and have it up by the weekend...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Game started, then the two initial interests left. Have two players currently, but I'd like to have around 3-4 players. What I'm interested in getting is a detective character or two, to keep with the Noir theme.

Character Creation: Starting level 6. Abilities are as in the pdf, either Array (16, 14, 14, 12, 10, and 10), 26 point buy, or 5d6 best 3.

The world: A semi-post apocalyptic setting, as in some unknown event two hundred years ago changed the world a great deal. Tech is 1920's, with some advanced stuff as relics of the time before the disaster. Monster girls make up the largest population percentage, followed by human males. Human females and monster men are relatively uncommon. Knowledge of the Legend rules is not needed, but some experience with the D20 system is preferred.
Call me Shadow
My A/A