The Fictionals: The Phantom of the Theatre (Villain and Axenia)

Started by Villain, June 18, 2011, 03:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

The Fictionals: The Phantom of the Theatre

Larry had never understood why patrolling the school theatre was such a big responsibility. In his ten years of service at Woodmore high school Larry Kent had never once been ordered by a member of staff to patrol the theatre stage so thoroughly before he locked the school up.
  Apparently there had been talk of people vandalising the set and it had gotten the drama teacher, Ms Vander, quite riled up.
  He could still see the fury in her eyes when he had been called down to inspect props and backgrounds which had been sprayed over with black paint.
  ‘Be sure that this never happens again! We cannot possibly do a performance of Romeo and Juliet if our set is destroyed by these blaggards!’ She had screeched at him before storming out of the room and leaving him to wonder what a blaggard was.
  He stepped out onto the stage and shone his flashlight over the set. Everything had now been covered with a large white blanket and had a sign in front of it saying; do not touch without permission, in big black letters before being signed by Ms Vander. He let out a sigh and shook his head.
  ‘It’s not like a vandal is going to pay any attention to that’ he jeered before patrolling the rest of the backstage.
  As he double checked the props he couldn’t help but think that the arts department of the school had out done itself. They had always had a talented bunch of students work on costume and props but this time they seemed to go the extra mile. The costumes were authentic handmade Tudor clothes and the swords for the fighting scenes looked as if they had been taken right out of a museum. The set itself had been painted with buildings, vines, flowers and all sorts of wonders with absolute detail.
  ‘I can see why the old bag is so hissy about it all.’ He said to himself, before letting out a loud sneeze as the strong smell of fresh paint filled his nostrils as he passed by newly painted backgrounds.
  It was at this moment that he realised he was not alone. He was certain he had heard something loud clang above his head.
  ‘Hello?’ He called out, running a finger through his bushy grey moustache to clear the smell of pain that irritated his nose. He listened out for a response, but heard nothing.
  ‘Anyone there?’ He called out peering through the darkness to try and locate the source of the noise.
  A second clanging noise was heard. This time he knew where it had come from; the lighting rig, the large metal bridge that hung high above the curtains and allowed the technicians to manually alter the spotlights.
  His flashlight pointed upwards, cutting through the darkness like a sword as it cast a large circle of light on the metal grate.
  At that moment Larry’s heart almost stopped.
  A shadowy figure wrapped in a long black cloak dangled from the metal bridge. Violent red eyes staring out from behind a large white skeleton mask which shone in the light of his torch. The masked head cocked to one side as if judging whether Larry was a threat before he chuckled maliciously in a tone that seemed to echo through the silence of the theatre.
  ’They send you here to guard what cannot be saved’ It spoke to him, laughing cruelly as he stumbled back in fright.
  ’You will tell them that they will cancel this abomination that plagues my stage...or my next victims will not be mere toys and pretty outfits’ It whispered and before Larry could say anything in response a piercing light illuminated the room. He let out a cry of surprise and discomfort as he covered his eyes. For a moment he thrashed wildly as he was blinded by the sudden change in light.
  Soon his eyes adjusted to the scene and he let out a roar of frustration.
  The stage was a wreck. The blanket that covered it was now gone revealing the remains of a once proud set that was now illuminated by the bright spotlights which hung above his head. The phantom was now nowhere to be seen. He sighed and shook his head, trying to process the madness of the situation.
  ‘The old bats going to have my head when I tell her we got a Phantom in our theatre.’ He spoke before turning off his flashlight and making his way to the lighting desk to turn off the spotlights that had been used to blind him.

Monday

School had barely started at Woodmore high school, but the news of vandalism in the school theatre had already reached every student. Some people were horrified, some laughed, some were saddened and some pointed fingers, but no one talked of the Phantom. That had been kept a secret from the school. Well that was what they believed.
  ‘It couldn’t be more obvious if they put his picture on the front cover and had him handing out photographs of his work by the school gates’ Alistair muttered as he looked over the copy of the school magazine. He was sat on the front steps of the school building, circling sentences with a pen as his eyes scanned the article again and again for more information.
  ‘He’s not getting sloppy though.’ He mumbled to himself before sucking on the end of the pen as he thought over the facts of the whole mess before sighing and shaking his head.
  He so did wish that his friend Lulu was about. Even though she never listened to him due to constantly having her head in the clouds her silence often helped him concentrate even when hundreds of school kids were walking past him to attend their lessons.

Axenia

Casey stood looking in the mirror, wondering if dieing her hair dark would make her less noticeable.
"Well, you know the routine Case, time to be the new freak again." With a last glance at her reflection she grabbed her schoolbag and headed out the door.
"Casey wait a minute, I thought we agreed on me driving you today. It is you first day after all" Her mom was standing in the doorway, going through her handbag trying to find the car keys.
"It's okay mom, I'd rather take the bus." She could see the disappointment and worry on her mothers face. It wasn't like she couldn't handle herself, she was 16 after all. Sure sometimes she had difficulties controlling parts of herself, but she kept telling herself that she was getting better at it.
She stopped for a moment to look at the school, in many ways it looked the same as all the rest. She took a deep breath and lowered her head before walking to the front steps. She noticed a tall boy sitting on the steps reading a paper, but thought nothing of it. Walking past him she was pushed and nearly fell into his lap.
"Sorry," she muttered as she steadied herself and hurried inside.

Villain

Alistair raised his head as he felt someone collide with him. He glanced at the stranger, his sharp eyes looking her up and down, but he didn't look as if he was doing this because he believed her to beautiful. He stared at her like a person would stare at a puzzle. For a moment she would be able to see the wheels turning in his head as they came to a conclusion.
  As she brushed past him he got to his feet and headed into the school he made his decision. Alistair got to his feet and combed his messy dark hair with his finger tips before briskly jogging inside. He spotted her immediately despite the large crowd of kids that surrounded her as they made their way to their first lesson.
  'Kansas City.' He spoke to her as he walked up beside her, 'Kansas city is where you're from right?' He asked, trying to keep eye contact as he walked beside her.
  'No wait that's not right. You don't have the look of someone who supports the Kansas city T-bones, you would look more stern if you did.' He continued looking her up and down again with his sharp hazel eyes, 'No no no very wrong, your not a city dweller, your a military girl. Or someone in your family is military, your dad most likely judging by your looks.'

Axenia

Casey looked at the boy, how could he know those things, was it that obvious? She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at him with an annoyed glance, hoping he would leave her alone.
   "Look, I don't really think it's any of you business." Why was he talking to her? She heard the sound of a lighter and as a reflex her eyes went to the small flame. She forced her eyes to return and look up at the boy. She wondered how old he was, his clothing so unlike anyone else here.
   She looked down at her schedule, trying to figure out where to go next. The boys eyes were on her she could feel it, trying to stay in control of her temper she looked up at  him once again.
   "You were right, military dad. I lived in Kansas City for about two years, but then we had to move." She didn't wanted to smile at him, fearing that might make him try to keep the conversation going.

Villain

"I know." He replied before circling the girl. His piercing eyes never leaving her once. It was as if he was staring straight through her, like he could see every secret that she held. He had noticed the look she had given the lighter. That helped support the conclusion he had reached before he had started talking to her.
  "The way you hold yourself it says military." He spoke before tapping her on the back, "But your slouching a little so it can't be because of a military school, they would have drummed that out of you. You've learnt to hold yourself based off example. You must admire your dad very much."
  He stopped circling her and stepped out in front of her, "Is that why you feel so guilty? Do you hate yourself for making your family move?" he asked before cocking his head to look her in the eye. His messy hair falling over part of his face as he watched her next reaction.

Axenia

She clenched her fists, he had no right talking to her like that. She could feel the urge to slap him, wipe that irritating look of his face. But she couldn't help noticing that he was kinda handsome, with his hair like that.
   "What do you want?" That wasn't what she had wanted to say. She wanted to tell him to mind his own business, to leave her alone and never talk to her again. What was it about him that made her curious, it had to be the way he looked at her, like she was an open book. She straightend up, pushing some of her red hair behind her ear.

Villain

'I want to know more about you my dear.' Alistair replied in a soft voice as he stepped back and gestured to her, 'You spark my curiosity greatly. You're a person who intrigues me to no end and I feel a kinship to you.' He spoke before raising a hand to silence her before she could ask anything else.
  'Let me start from the beginning of my deductions.' He spoke before pointing to her chest, 'Look at your shirt, it has a swear word on it. Not a very friendly word, not a very friendly shirt, you want people to look at it and stay away. You want people to know you don't want them to talk to you. An odd thing for you to want on your first day.'
  He paused and looked over her again before shaking his head and pointing to her face.
  'The shirt is aggressive but you're not. You look at the floor while you walk. You're scared. You don't want people to notice you because that means they'll talk to you and if they talk to you that's bad because something bad will happen.
  When you were pushed into me you didn't shout at the guy who did it even though you seem to have a temper, your clearly angry with my questioning and have a rather dark look on your face and a sharp tone in your voice, but you don't raise it anymore than that. That would get you angry.'
  Alistair was now talking faster. He did not pause for breath and did not stumble his sentences. Every word he said he said with confidence. He knew that he was on the right track. That he had cracked the mystery of this girl, this fascinating girl.
  'It's anger isn't it? That's what can set you off. That's what made you and your family move. I saw in your stance the suggestion that you are a military mans daughter, but you don't have a look of worry because your afraid your dad is in the military, no, you have a look of guilt. You know it's your fault that you've moved here and why?' He asked and moved in a little closer to her, staring deep into her eyes and searching inside of them.
  'What happens when you're pushed too hard? Do you lash out? No. You're not a brawler your knuckles aren't scraped from forming fists and your hands haven't been trained to hold weapons. You use something else.' He spoke before taking a step back and scratching his head with one hand.
  'What could possibly be so dangerous? After all it would have to be big to get you to move, especially after two years of living comfortably' He spoke before clicking his fingers and pointing past her.
  'And that's when I noticed the lighter you looked at. I wondered if you were a pyromaniac. Then I realised that's not right. Pyromaniac's that have been released back into schools wouldn't look at a flame with fear. They wouldn't look at it at all. They would have conquered their dangerous impulses.' He spoke before his eyes narrowed on her. His hazel eyes growing dark as he asked her his final questions. The questions he was sure she would hate.
  'So why do you fear fire? Is it because you can do things with fire that no one else can? Do you have the power of a god running through you? And is it because of that gift that you burned down your last school because a bunch of brats tormented you?' he asked and paused to let the poor girl absorb every part of his deduction.
  'Alistair Croft' He spoke after a few seconds before offering his hand for her to shake, 'If what I have said makes any sense to you then you'll tell me your name and then tell me your true name. If you do I shall return the favour and tell you mine if you haven't already guessed it.' He spoke quietly. The corridor was now empty except for the two of them. Alistair was sure he was late, but he didn't care.
  This girl was like him and Lulu and he needed to find out more.

Axenia

"Stop it!" Her voice rang through the corridor, when she looked down at her hands the were each holding a small ball of fire. She closed her eyes and forced herself to breath calmly, trying to regain control over herself. She couldn't believe what she had done, letting this strange boy press her far enough to make her reveal her ability. She closed her hands, suffocating the fires.
   "Never talk to anyone about this, I swear I'll." She never finished the sentence, it was an empty threat and he would know it. Insted she let a hand glide trough her hair, then she took his hand.
   "I'm Casey Valentine, as you can see I'm pyrokinetic." She had never said that to anyone, why did she trust him. He was a pain in the ass, no question there, but there was something else. She couldn't explain it, she simply trusted him.
   "I'm late for class and it is my first day, really not a good start. If you want to talk some more, meet me by the front steps after school." She turned her back on him, pausing. "Please don't tell anyone of this." She hurried away from him, looking for the right classroom. It took a while, she opened the door and entered. Everyone was looking at her when she stepped into the classroom, the teacher, a stern looking woman gave her an icy look.
"You must be the new student. I don't know what you were used to at your old school, but here class begins on time." She turned her attention back on the class.
   As Casey walked to the back of the classroom, she could feel the eyes of the other students on her. All through the day she thought about that boy Alistair. Was he always like that, or did he reserve that specially for the new students. She only talked to the others if she had to, when the day was finally over she went outside, curious if Alistair would be there.

Villain

'So she doesn't know her true name' Alistair spoke to himself as he watched her walk away. He and Lulu would have to offer what little they knew as an introduction to their world. He felt a stab of regret at the thought that it wouldn't be enough. He couldn't give her a real answer.
  He set off to class and for the rest of the day thought about the girl he had met. A pyrokenetic, now that was something for the books. He and Lulu had assumed that their powers came from novels, but to his knowledge he couldn't recall any classic literature which contained people who weilded fire.
  'Perhaps its something more...perhaps she's a fantasy' He mumbled as he sketched down idea's during class while he completed all his other work with his opposite hand. It wasn't too hard to complete lessons on the first day back when you had the intelligence of a mastermind.
  As the day ended Alistair took out his mobile phone from his coat pocket and text Lulu the news followed by an instruction. Hopefully she would be able to set up the club house by herself while he answered any questions Casey had.
  He walked outside and took off his trench coat before sitting down on the steps. He was dressed in a grey vest with matching grey pants and a long white sleeved buttoned shirt that wasn't tucked in and had its sleeves rolled up above his elbow. It was a strange outfit for a school that demanded no uniform. He looked like he belonged to some fancy boarding school.
  'You're not alone Miss Valentine' He called out as he recognised the sound of her feet against the concrete floor. Being able to keep a hold of minor details was one of his favourite perks.
  'Believe me you are not the only giant amongst mortals' He spoke as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a stick of gum before unwrapping it and tossing it into his mouth. He reached behind him and offered the gum to her but did not turn to face her.

Axenia

"You know, it's really annoying when you do that." She sat down beside him, turning the gum over in her hands. Her knees showed when she sat down, her armes resting on them. All through the day she had thouht about what she would ask him, what answers she needed, but now she was completly blank. She tousled up her hair a bit, then sat quietly by his side for a moment.
   "So I'm not the only one? If you think you know so much, then please tell me who else has this curse. Do you know how I can get rid of it? She hid her face in her hands for a moment, then looked at him.
   "I don't like being like this, constantly being afraid that I will loose my temper and burn everything down, forcing my family to move again. I want to be normal." She unwrapped a piece of gum and handed the rest back to him, then she smiled. Her smile was sweet and charming, it had a playfulness to it. She leaned towards him.
   "But it is a really cool partytrick, and it comes in handy if you like to scare the local girlscouts." She hoped for a smile, he looked so serious.

Villain

His expression was grim as he listened to her pine for a normal life. Free of the curse of abnormality and fear. he couldn't say it was a burden he shared. He only felt the weight of responsibility. He had the mind of a detective so thus he felt that was what he needed to be. Any crimes he saw or knew of were his responsibility to solve. There was no other choice.
  It was only when she made the joke that a smile crossed over his face. He chuckled at the joke, his laughter timid and warm, like that of an old happy man. It strangely suited the boy even if he was only sixteen.
  'Your fire is not a curse Miss Valentine' He spoke before standing up and stuffing his school bag and jacket under one arm, 'It is a responsibility, a tool for good and even if you don't believe it makes you a hero. Believe me when I tell you that because it's the most important thing you'll ever know.'
  He walked down the steps before stopping at the end and chewing on the gum, the taste of peppermint filling his mouth before he looked back at Casey.
  'The school library. Ever been there?' He asked before motioning for her to follow him before walking off.

Axenia

She liked the smile on his face and the laughter, made a note to herself to try and make him laugh more often. The words he had said stuck with her, planting a seed of hope in her mind. A hero, the words sounded so strange to her ears. but she couldn't help wonder if he were right, if maybe her ability wasn't necessarily an evil thing as she had always believed. She started following him.
   "No not yet, why?" She caught up with him. Even though she still hadn't decided wether she liked Alistair or not, she enjoyed the company. This was the first time she had ever spend time with anyone after school, until now she never realised she had missed it. She also knew that her mother would demand an explanation when she got home, as to why she was late. Worst case scenario was that her father would start looking for her, she loved him, but she would rather face a fiering squad, than her father when he was angry.

Villain

'Well here's a bit of an unknown fact about Woodmore School. It has two library's; one which everyone uses and one which everyone barely uses' He spoke with a small smirk, a tone of arrogance in his voice; 'It's because that part of the library is full of books which have long words in them like; automysophobia and xenodocheionology.' He chuckled as they walked around the building and across long paths which seemed to stray away from the main school building.
  They walked for ten minutes; traipsing corridors, walking through doors and walking up and down various stair cases. Eventually they came across a large doorway that had two stone lions placed on either side of it's entrance.
  Alistair nodded at the two lions, as if asking permission to go through, before striding past them and through the doorway.
  'The other reason why no one comes down here is because it's a very long walk and nobody can be bothered to try and find the place' He spoke and chuckled again at the lack of initiative the other students showed. He reached out to the right side of the doorway and flipped a switch.
  The room before them was filled with light revealing row after row of book cases. Some of the books cases had fallen over and some had simply collapsed leaving books spread all over the red carpet floor of the library. The room almost resembled something from a fantasy book. The light was dim due to large lanterns which hung from the ceiling and glowed orange like burning torches. The walls were a musty yellow and there were big red curtains covering the windows.
  'That's a bit odd...I would have thought Lulu would already be-' Alistair began before being suddenly cut off as a light haired blond girl suddenly climbed on top of one of the book cases and punched her arms above her head.
  'Welcome to the jungle!' She yelled before giggling with glee and grinning widely at the two of them. She was wearing a large frilly dress that made her look like a ballerina and over that she wore a coat with lots of patches sewn all over it.
  There was a silence as Alistair stared at the girl. Then there was a creaking sound and then the book case bellow the girls feet collapsed.

Axenia

The look of the library med her speechless, this must have been the most beautiful place she had ever been. She had never cared for pretty flowers or paintings, her life had been dedicated to reading. To see all those books, and the way the colors mixed and books all over the place. She had jumped a little when the girl had called out. Casey couldn't help smiling when she saw the girl, there was just something about her. The giggling and the way she looked. She was just about to ask Alistair if that was the girl he had meant when the bookcase collapsed. Casey didn't think about it but ran to the girl.
   "Are you alright?" There was a worrying tone to her voice. She knelt beside the collapsed bookcase, looking back at Alistair.
   "Are you sure this is a safe place to hang out, you could get seriously hurt if you get caught under one of those bookcases." She started removing the books on the floor, looking shortly at the title before putting them in a pile beside her.

Villain

Alistair tutted at the girls behaviour. Not phased by the amount of wood and books covering his dear friend. This had been the fourth book case Lulu had destroyed. It was starting to become a habbit.
  'I'm fine thank you Miss, I fell from greater heights than that when I was in my diapers' The girl chuckled as she emerged from the heap of books. She beamed at the stranger, her face was so white it almost shined in the dull light of the library.
  'Honestly Lulu when are you going to learn that you are not immortal' Alistair asked as he joined Casey in pulling the girl to her feet before brushing her strange outfit down. It was almost like watching an older brother looking after his sibling.
  'Oh you worry too much Alistair. You know as well as I do that danger doesn't mean anything to us.' She chuckled before rolling her eyes playfully at him and winking at Casey before stepping out from the carnage of literature that lay around her.
  'I swear the great Sherlock Holmes has really gotten paranoid of heights ever since he fell off a waterfall with that looney professor.' Lulu chuckled and grinned at Casey before pausing as she felt Alistair freeze up behind her.
  'Oh...you haven't told her your true name yet have you?' Lulu asked timidly before looking back at Alistair who had now grabbed his head between his hands in frustration.
  'No but you seem to have taken care of that quite well.' Alistair spoke with a sigh before dropping his arms and looking towards Casey. He smiled grimly at her before pointing to himself with one hand.
  'This is surprise number two' He said before offering her his hand again 'Good evening Miss Valentine. My name is Alistair Croft, but you know me better as Sherlock Holmes the great detective.'.

Axenia

Casey could see that he meant it, this boy really believed he was the great detective Sherlock Holmes. This had to be some kind of joke, someone playing a prank on her. Before she could stop herself she started laughing. It really wasn't that funny, she knew that, but she just couldn't stop herself once started. The tears began running down her cheeks. This was the first time in years she had really laughed, and now she couldn't stop. After a while she regained control of herself, the laughter subsided to a small giggle.
   "You're serious? Do you really expect me to believe that you the great detective Sherlock Holmes? He's just a character from a book. What's next, you want me to believe that this girl, Lulu is actually Hermione Granger form the Harry Potter series?" The words had barely left her mouth when she regretted them, Lulu seemed like a sweet girl, and she honestly didn't wanted to offend her. She looked from Alistair to Lulu and back again.

Villain

'Hermione? Oh no I'd probably be Luna Lovegood if I was a character from Harry Potter' Lulu spoke, not taking the slightest offence from what Casey had said. Instead she just seemed to beam contently at her. Annoyance seemed to be unknown to her.
  'I assure you I'm quite serious.' Alistair spoke as he dropped his hand and crossed his arms over his chest, 'I know it's impossible to suggest but unfortunately rational explanation isn't a luxury we have. I possess an interlect that knows the process of deduction and observation more than any other person in this world-'
  'Al your deductions are only right eighty percent of the time'
  'Yes but that's eighty percent more than anyone else in the world'
  'What if we encounter an incarnation of Sherlocks brother Mycroft?'
  'It doesn't matter!' Alistair snapped, his pride obviously hurt by Lulu correcting him. He breathed in and exhaled calmly as he turned back to Casey and pointed to her.
  'This morning you got a look at what I can do. I know it's not firm evidence, but it's a start. I do plan on presenting something more solid' He spoke before looking towards Lulu who was now staring a a fly that was buzzing around in the air above them.
  'This girl is my friend Lulu Carol, but she's also a very famous character that has been in thousands of childrens stories, games, activities, merchandise, films, television shows and every other form of media entertainment known to man.' Alistair spoke, his voice firm and serious despite the fact they were staring at a girl who found a fly more fascinating than them.
  'I'm Alice' Lulu spoke before looking at Casey and grinning, a curl of blond hair falling over her face; 'Alice from Alice in Wonderland....hello!' She spoke before going back to examining the fly.

Axenia

"So what you're saying is that I'm in the presence of Sherlock Holmes, and Alice from Alice in wonderland?" Casey had to sit down, and lacking a chair she placed herself on the pile of books removed from the collapsed bookcase.
   "So why am I here, do you think I'm from a book? Am I Charlene McGee from Stephen Kings 'Firestarter'? She hid her face in her hands, but a thought had begun to stir in her mind. She knew that she wasn't from a Stephen King novel, but another name came to her, like a whisper in the back of her mind. She wouldn't say it out loud, couldn't.
   "Alistair or Sherlock, whatever you prefer. I think I better go, this is a bit too much, and whatever you're up to, I won't be a part of it. She turned to Lulu, smiled at the girl, not knowing if she noticed it.
   "It was nice meeting you Lulu, please be careful in the future." Before any of them could answer she hurried out the door and past the stone lions. But her head was full of different thoughts, and that name, sounding louder and louder in her ears. She didn't even notice that she had left her schoolbag at the library, she was confused and she could sense the fear again. Someone knew her secret, what would happen if he decided not to keep quiet.
   She had barely entered the front door when she wished for the fiering squad. Her mothers voice drowned out all her thoughts.
   "Where have you been, I've been worrying sick when you didn't got of the bus. Your father is out looking for you, I was just about to call the police."
   "Why?" She looked at her mother "I was only about an hour late, why would you call dad and the police?" She thought it was a fair question, after all, wasn't it normal for teenagers to be late?
   "You know why," her mother shouted. "The things that you can do, God knows what could have happened." This was too much, her own mother didn't trust her. She didn't say anything to her, she simply left the livingroom and locked her in her own room. She didn't answer when her father asked her to come out and explain herself, she didn't want to talk to them, feared that she wouldn't be able to control her temper if she did.

Villain

At this moment Casey's phone went off as she recieved a text. The number was unknown to her but the way that the text was written would be all too familiar to Casey.

You can't run from what you are Miss Valentine. You may not believe us but you know that there are few that understand what you are going through. If you want further proof that we are who we say we are please meet us outside the school library at midnight.

Sincerely, Alistair Croft

PS. I added my number to your phone when you went to help Lulu out from under those books, so don't be too amazed by how I know your number.

For a moment all was quiet as the text sat in her phone unanswered. Then mere seconds later her phone went off again as her phone recieved another text.

Hello Casey (is it ok if I call you that? Alistair's manners brush off on me. I get sick of being so formal)
I really enjoyed meeting you today. Al tells me you're special and probably one of us, but he won't explain why. Apparently you asked him not to tell anyone? Well I hope you can trust me. After all I'm a weirdo too
:P
Hope we meet agin, Lulu Carol

Axenia

Casey sat staring at the two messages on her phone for a while, then she got up. Alistair was right afterall, she couldn't run, god knows she had tried that for many years now. She got up and jumped into a pair of tight jeans, a green shirt and a black jacket. She waited for her parents to go to bed, then she climbed out the window and walked towards the library. It was dark she freed her left hand from her pocket and formed a small ball of fire to light the way for her. She was early, suffocating the fire she leaned against the library, waiting in the dark.

Villain

'You know you're rather strange Casey' Lulu finally spoke. She had been waiting outside the library for the last ten minutes. When Casey had arrived she had been tempted to greet her, but for some reason she hadn't felt quite comfortable with greeting her early. She had hoped that Alistair would show up, but she knew that Alistair rarely showed up early or late. He was always on time.
  'I was sure that you wouldn't talk to either of us ever again, but here you are.' She spoke, obviously sounding pleased that she had come. She was wearing exactly the same outfit that she had worn when Casey had saw her last except entirely black. It was as if she had spray painted her clothes black in a fool hardy attempt to be sneaky.
  It looked as if it had worked considering Casey hadn't seen her.
  'What made you change your mind?' She asked as she stepped out of the shadows and stood next to the fire weilding girl.

Axenia

Casey looked at the odd girl, couldn't help smiling when she saw the clothes. She opened her right hand, palm up, and ignited a fireball. She looked at i for a moment, then turned it into a rearing horse and next into a phoenix. Then she closed her palm and the fire disappeared.
   "Alistair was right, I can't run from who I am forever. Besides, I never had friends before." She smiled at Lulu, then looked around to see if Alistair was coming. At that moment she knew that she had made up her mind, she wouldn't run anymore. The confident boy and the strange girl was the closest thing she had to any kind of friends, and she wasn't ready to let that go.
   "What's the deal with Alistair, he doesn't seem to like anybode. And does he always analyse people like that?" She let her hands glide through her hair and gathered it in a tight bun.

Villain

'Oh don't mind him he analyses because he's hoping to meet Watson' Lulu spoke before smiling sadly, 'Alistair has always felt a loneliness when he realised what he was. He feels...incomplete.' She spoke before shuffling uncomfortably on the spot.
  'We've been friends for a while now.' She said, managing to keep the positive tone in her voice, 'Infact we've been on adventures you wouldn't believe. We've taken down witches and criminals and mad scientists and-' She paused as she realised she was getting carried away.
  She paused and cleared her throat before continuing her explanation.
  'Alistair just doesn't know how to act around people that don't appreciate what he is' She said with a frown 'Think about it. You're a girl that can summon flame and, if you're willing to believe it, I'm a girl that can stumble upon an alternate dimension full of magical creatures that can do amazing things'
  'Alistair on the other hand is just smart.' She sighed 'Smart in a way that makes people paranoid of him. That makes people hate him. In the stories of Sherlock Holmes, Watson was someone who admired his talents. Alistair has always wanted that'
  She turned to Casey and managed to beam at the girl as she had done before, 'He also has no idea how to talk to girls. I swear that brainiac may be able to figure out what I had for breakfast just by looking at my shoes but he has absolutely no idea how to read through the lines and figure out a girl is trying to ask him out.'

Axenia

At that Casey started to laugh, holding a hand to her mouth trying to muffle the sound.
   "That just proves that there are different ways to be smart. Alistair is very hansom, the way his hair fall in his eyes sometimes." She shook her head, trying to rid it of the picture in her mind. The handsome serious boy, his head slightly to one side and the hair falling in those wonderful hazel eyes that saw right through your pretence. She could feel her cheeks blush and was suddenly grateful for the dark hiding it. She cleared her throat and look at the girl once more.
   "I do believe you Lulu, who you really are, but I just can't see how that i possible." She took a deep breath in the cold night air, gazing up at the stars.

Villain

'Hopefully I'll be able to show you tonight. Al usually needs my help when it's dangerous so it's likely I'll have to show you what I can do.' She spoke cheerfully, a strange thing considering she had said that what they were doing would be dangerous.
  'Until then just forget about the impossible and be a normal teenager breaking into a school at midnight' She spoke mischeviously, not even bothering to hide her excitement. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a brass pocket watch and checked the time.
  'Its midnight. Al will be here right about now.' She spoke and as if on cue the sound of foot steps echoed through the dark night as Alistair walked down the stairs before the libraryl. He hadn't bothered to change since she had seen him last. The only thing that was different about him was that he was carrying a large leather bag in one hand and was wearing a pair of rubber gloves..
  'Good evening Lulu. Miss Valentine.' He spoke and gave the two of them a curt nod, 'It's good to see that you've joined us. I trust that you still don't believe a word I've said? I also trust that you've realised you're not a character from a Stephen King novel?'.