Midnight Forest

Started by Jaydon, September 01, 2010, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaydon

<Its summer time in the northern farmland of Malshire.  Malshire is a thriving Kingdom on the northern part of a large continent.  Its bordered on the southeast by the Kingdom of Upper Gont.  To the Southwest its bordered by the great Orange Sea.  The western border is shared with the Kingdom of Ellington, and East by the massive Onyx Mountains.  To the north of Malshire is a vast pine forest that stretched back to the foothills and finally the northern part of the Onyx Mountains.  Between the farm lands and the mountains is a dark and cold forest the people of Malshire have known as the Midnight Forest for as long as anyone can remember.  Parents tell their children if they are bad they will be sent to the Midnight Forest.  Very few people have ever dared to venture into the great forested north.  Of those that have, even fewer have ever come back to tell the tails of great monsters, ghosts and even worse.  In the past fifty years only seven people have been known to venture into the Midnight Forest.  Of the Seven, only three came back, and only one was not insane when he came back.
The Kingdom farms at the southern edge of the Midnight Forest report occasionally seeing monsters and ghosts, but for the most part the threats stay within the forest and leave Malshire alone.  That was the norm, up until this late spring.  Reports from merchants who went to the farms on the southern edge of the forest reported signs of struggle but a lack of people on the farms.  By mid summer a handful of terrified residents had reported sitings of hideous creatures attacking the residents or farms and small towns on the northern part of Malshire.
The King of Malshire is aging rapidly on his death bed.  His eldest son is power hungry.  There has been a long war with Gont that has remained only in the summer months, but the Prince hungers for true glory.  He is massing the troops on the western edge of Malshire to invade Gont as the autumn leaves fall.  He believes that if he attacks during harvest season, that Gont will not be able to pull enough farmers away to mount a defense to his forces.  This also means that the King can not spare many troops to defend his northern boarder against these new invaders.  The Prince has dismissed the fear of the presents that the Midnight Forest is attacking, as childish story telling.  Yet someone in the castle, someone with enough influence has sent word to a small number of hand picked warriors and would be heroes to go to the Midnight Forest and put an end to the invasions.  This is not well known in the kingdom, but a few people have found a letter under their door, in their carriage, on their desk.  The letter calls on secrets of their pasts, or motivations for their futures, all letters call on the readers to action to meet at one location in the northern town of Rockcreek.  This will begin the epic story of their new lives....>

Jaydon

<The town of Rockcreek is not much more then three streets.  A main east-west street and two smaller north-south streets.  A few dozen shops, homes and religious centers hug the packed dirt streets.  The main reason for the town is the regional trading post and government town hall in the center of the town.  A young man of 22 years rides into the town down the north-south road on a stout brown mare.  He's medium height, around 5'10, with a strong athletic build and a young looking face, even for 22.  He wares a gold helmet that fans out slightly on the back of the neck, has a protruding nose protector and a small red stripe on top.  His red tunic is tucked neatly into his brown pants in the style of Malshirian infantrymen.  However, he wares a large broadsword on his back with a large red stone on the end of the pummel.  This is not the normally issued short sword and gold shield of the infantry.  The sword fits diagonally on his back with a bow fitting the opposite way on his back.  A stack of arrows sit in the quiver to left on his horse.
He rides through town quietly watching the townspeople.  many of them are packing up.  Much of the population in these northern parts are leaving in fear of the brutal attacks from the Midnight Forest.
The young soldier rides past the town hall to a small shop for medicines, drugs, and alchemy.  He stops, looking for a moment at a letter and then back to the shop.  He grunts and then folds the paper up into a pocket in his pants and dismounts from his horse.  Tying up his horse he walks into the shop to found out what he's been called to do in the letter.>

Jaydon

(( For those that see this story and might be interested in playing with myself, Lypiphera, and peteythegreat we welcome your participation.  Please introduce yourself with (( and )) so that we know you are out of character.  We have a post open on "Non-Adult Role Playing Requests" where we can talk about new characters for you and get you involved in the story without interrupting the story in this thread.  The more players the merrier I always say.  Please enjoy our little story.  Thank you.))

Jaydon

Quote from: Jaydon on September 01, 2010, 07:58:55 PM
<Its summer time in the northern farmland of Malshire.  Malshire is a thriving Kingdom on the northern part of a large continent.  Its bordered on the southeast by the Kingdom of Upper Gont.  To the Southwest its bordered by the great Orange Sea.  The western border is shared with the Kingdom of Ellington, and East by the massive Onyx Mountains.  To the north of Malshire is a vast pine forest that stretched back to the foothills and finally the northern part of the Onyx Mountains.  Between the farm lands and the mountains is a dark and cold forest the people of Malshire have known as the Midnight Forest for as long as anyone can remember.  Parents tell their children if they are bad they will be sent to the Midnight Forest.  Very few people have ever dared to venture into the great forested north.  Of those that have, even fewer have ever come back to tell the tails of great monsters, ghosts and even worse.  In the past fifty years only seven people have been known to venture into the Midnight Forest.  Of the Seven, only three came back, and only one was not insane when he came back.
The Kingdom farms at the southern edge of the Midnight Forest report occasionally seeing monsters and ghosts, but for the most part the threats stay within the forest and leave Malshire alone.  That was the norm, up until this late spring.  Reports from merchants who went to the farms on the southern edge of the forest reported signs of struggle but a lack of people on the farms.  By mid summer a handful of terrified residents had reported sitings of hideous creatures attacking the residents or farms and small towns on the northern part of Malshire.
The King of Malshire is aging rapidly on his death bed.  His eldest son is power hungry.  There has been a long war with Gont that has remained only in the summer months, but the Prince hungers for true glory.  He is massing the troops on the western edge of Malshire to invade Gont as the autumn leaves fall.  He believes that if he attacks during harvest season, that Gont will not be able to pull enough farmers away to mount a defense to his forces.  This also means that the King can not spare many troops to defend his northern boarder against these new invaders.  The Prince has dismissed the fear of the presents that the Midnight Forest is attacking, as childish story telling.  Yet someone in the castle, someone with enough influence has sent word to a small number of hand picked warriors and would be heroes to go to the Midnight Forest and put an end to the invasions.  This is not well known in the kingdom, but a few people have found a letter under their door, in their carriage, on their desk.  The letter calls on secrets of their pasts, or motivations for their futures, all letters call on the readers to action to meet at one location in the northern town of Rockcreek.  This will begin the epic story of their new lives....>

Ack, I made a rookie mistake.  I had two maps, one had Upper Gont to the southeast, and the other had Gont to the west.  The beginning of this story should have Gont to the west and Ellington to the Southeast.  Sorry for the confusion.

Flamez1189

((I wish to jump in this, although I don't have an idea for a character just yet.))

peteythegreat

Gurnik thrust open the tavern door, and shouted to the barman his order. He sat down at a seat, and surveyed the room. It was like any human inn - there were the regulars, the 'working' women, and of course the local posh git who fancied himself as a charmer. This one was particularly gittish, laughing arrogantly at his own jokes, speaking in a loud voice about his father's estate. If he knew what was best for him, he wouldn't say a word to Gurnik - but then, he probably didn't know what was best for him.

The waitress brought him his ale, which he downed promptly. It tasted like piss, but this was to be expected of human brew. He ordered another, much to the waitress' surprise. She obviously hadn't encountered a dwarf before. He ran his hand back over his crest of blue hair, and sighed. He still had not found the heroic death he sought, but had left a bloody path in his wake. He had followed the road here after hearing rumours of strange goings on in the Forest. Knowing the locals, it was probably nothing - perhaps an overly tame pack of wolves, or some disgruntled old-timers, angry at losing their lands. Yet Gurnik had no other option but to come here. It was just like any other human town, and he was sure it would be just like every other quest. He knew also that he did not have to go searching for the leader of the inevitable and pathetic expedition that would be taking place. Dwarfs, especially slayers, had a reputation for being noticed, and he had no doubt that some fool would stumble in and nervously ask for his attendance. This he would doubtless give, for he was bound to die in battle, or die trying.

((Hope this is ok, not trying to godmod you, it just seemed in character for him to wait to be approached. Feel free to ignore him if you wish))

Jaydon

<The young soldier in the gold helmet and the large broadsword hears the ruckus coming from the tavern and goes to investigate.  Opening the door to the tavern he walks in and takes in the scene.  His lips curl into a chuckling smile at the mayhem in the tavern.  He decides to lean against the wall to the side of the door, his arms folded and one soul on the wall with his knee bent.  His steely gray eyes watch a few of the pretty bar maids before landing on the gruff dwarf.  Unfolding his paper he checks the list and then under his breath>  You can't be serious?  This is our tank?

Lypiphera

((Just so you know I will use Green Font for my Male Ranger's speech /name and Maroon Font for the female mage's speech /name, so they remain clearly separate for when / if we bring in second characters. Both my Character’s now have information sheets on the thread in the requests board here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=80698.0 ))

~ Eyran watched the noble lord seated at the bar across from his secluded spot in the corner of the room with narrowed eyes. The man was much to loud for someone that had ridden three days straight to reach a place where the mead tasted as though the bees themselves had pissed into his mug.

He considered raising his hood, just to block out some of the incessant whine in the man's voice, but decided against it; in his experience people seemed to expect things from shifty hooded strangers in taverns and he wasn't in the mood to be unduly disturbed.

When, finally, someone had the good sense to clout the shoot-mouth young lordling around the jaw with his own ale mug Eyran almost cheered - except the chatter had now been replaced by a much louder scuffle as the nobleman's bodyguards came (reluctantly) to his aid, a burly faced wrestler gave his heavy fisted opinion of the local upper class and the barkeeper roared about broken stools.

It was with some small amount of relief that he spotted the shining helm of the military officer which had just materialised in the resulting chaos of a Tavern room full of unsavoury types given a reason to have a good old fashioned brawl. He sighed inwardly as the mayhem continued. Women were so unattractive when they shouted.... ~

Jaydon

((I don't know if this will work.  But here goes.  I made a map of the Kingdom and the Kingdoms around it.  If it doesn't come into the post correctly, here's the link to the image
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213/Jaythous/?action=view&current=MapofMidnightForest.jpg))

Jaydon

<When his eyes rise back up from the paper they are drawn to the noise of the fighting breaking out.  As a trained soldier he automatically assesses the situation to look for the originator of the brawl.  Usually its the one in the shadows.  His eyes find the hooded figure near the beginning of the fight.  His eyes narrow slightly, looking through the smoke and dim light of the bar for details of the hooded man.  The hooded man's lack of attention to the fight leads the soldier to believe it wasn't majorly involved in the initiation of the fight.  The hooded man's shabby cloths yet well oiled wrist guards speak of valuing function over style.  Something his fellow bowman in the Ranger service could learn a thing or two about in the soldiers mind.  Some of the ranger guards are overly impressed with themselves thinks the soldier.  The soldier doesn't make a move to stop the fight.>

peteythegreat

((Unfortunately, I have been declared as under age, and as I'm not allowed to know on what basis they are making this decision, I will not be active on this forum anymore. Apologies if this ruins your plans for your story.))

Jaydon

((I'm sorry to hear that petythegreat.  Better luck next time.  They don't tell you why really.  I'm not sure why I didn't get in, who knows.  Maybe they have too many males already. <shrugs>
Lypiphera, congrats on getting your ladyship!  <claps>  I'd like to keep RPing the story with you if you want to?  You move is next,  8-)  ))

Lypiphera

((Petethegreat *sad face* I'm sorry you didn't get in hon! Best wishes in your future role playing and maybe we'll bump into one another some other time on the intertubes!))

Eyran sighed. Typical shiny-helm. He was probably caught up in some life or death tax matter, or perhaps his ale was calling him bad names. Really he thought sourly as he drained his drink they needed to stop hiring boys fresh out from under their mother's skirts, it's only an embarrassment to the noble laws supposed to be governing this city.

He sighed again as he placed his mug on the table. There was nothing for it, he would have to intervene. Pushing back his chair with a scrape of legs he rose to casually to his feet (mere inches from the fight) then, without warning, he struck out at the burly wrestler closest to him, catching him squarely on the temple and deftly catching the slumping man as he headed south.

He lowered the man carefully the rest of the way to the floor and took the legs out from under the young lord (going knuckle to knuckle with another of the bar's patrons) in one fluid motion. Straightening he simultaneously grabbed the collar of the felled nobleman, pulled him half to his feet, and placed a finger over the lips of the nearest woman.

"Please. Madam, the banshee noises do not become your pretty face." he murmured, his voice low.

Removing his finger from her startled, and now silent, lips he used both hands to haul the nobleman through the rest of the mob, disrupting the action of the crowd as he did so. Dumping the lord upon a bar stool (perhaps the only one to have remained upright) near a number of his body guards he placed both hands on the man's shoulders;

"Now, I believe you owe the good barkeeper a new stool, good sir" He said, giving the man a comradely slap to the shoulder and smiling over the bar at the bemused bar keeper. The stunned members of the now-stilled mob stared on as if in a daze but, when the negotiations for stool payment soon began, they turned the task of restoring some semblance of order to the bar area and reclaiming any still-upright drinks.

Jaydon

<As Eyran starts to take matters into his own hands, the young soldier calmly, but quickly walks over to the lords body guards.  He flips out one a knife and puts it in the first body guards back whispering to him.>
I don't want your boys interfering.  The ranger wont hurt your lord and I want to see what he's capable of.
<The other body guards look to their leader for the signal, but none comes.  As Eyran brings the lord back to his seat, the soldier puts his knife back up his tunic and gives the Ranger a smile.>
Not bad for a glorified body guard.  <He smiles, not meaning that line as derogatory, more as the branches of the military like to poke fun at each other.>
My name is Edu and I think you've been brought here by a strange calling.

Lypiphera

Eyran's mild gaze rested upon the shiny-helmeted solider before him with a touch of curiosity; "Indeed, good sir?" he inquired, crossing his arms over his chest and accessing the man impassively.

The crowd behind Eyran had largely died down, the men and women who had been so aggressive only moments before were happily back on their stools and sipping their god-awful drinks. Eyran was glad for the peace, his mind was troubled with the stranger's implications, how much did he know?

"Perhaps you would care to enlighten me over a mug of this tavern's finest..." He swallowed and cast a glance over this shoulder at the barman "...ale" he finished somewhat reluctantly.

Jaydon

<Edu nods graciously to Eyran and walks with him to the table.>
I don't like beating around the bush, so I'll get to the point... <A bar maid brings their drinks> ...oh, thank you.  <he reaches into his pocket, taking out the paper and opening it, putting it on the table in front of Eyran before sitting down himself.>
I was a soldier in the eastern regiment not too long ago.  But a high ranking Lord came to my commander and asked for someone to take up his quest.  <He gives a slight look of disgust>  My commander never liked me and so he offered me up as the sacrificial lamb.  The lord then handed me this paper as my official orders, then promptly died three days ago.  However, I'm still bound by this charge and must complete it or be discharged dishonorably.  My first mission is to find all the people on that list.  I have reason to believe you are one of those on the list.  Hey, do you know what a Knightmage is, or anything the first paragraph of this letter is talking about?  I have no clue.  My guess is its just some romantic noble thinking his quest games are the most important thing in the world.  <spits on the floor>
<The letter reads>
"Knightmage there is an approaching ancient evil which threatens the very earth you walk upon.  It has been 10,000 years since the last struggles.  Although most have forgotten the true nature of this evil, it falls to you and these ancient warriors to protect this land and its people from the approaching storm.  You and your companions have been chosen to seek out the soul survivor of the Midnight Forest.  There he will tell you your next command.
Knightmage, your first task is to find your companions.  As you yourself have felt, they will feel an overwhelming erg to be at the places on this list.  You and the others will always have free will, but if you fail, there will be nothing left to fight for.  You will find your first companion (insert prophecy name for your character here) at the tavern in Rockcreek.  ((I would like to add more names, but we'll see if other players join us before I add more of our own characters.))  I wish you luck and know that all of you will not be alone in your struggle."
<Edu lifts his mug and takes a drink>  ack....nasty

Kevben Battleheart

http://liquidology.deviantart.com/art/Paladin-Concept-96355105

Octus Proctus had arrived at the town of Rockcreek a few days ago and although had engaging business elsewhere, he couldn't find himself leaving the place just yet. He had tried to leave but then came back a few hours later, the urge that he had something of much greater import there bringing him back, and so he would spend each day at the tavern waiting but for what even he didn't know. But wait he did, sitting by the fireplace the whole day, his blade leaning against the table as he sipped from the only drink he would order and watched the door. None really questioned why he was there, his glare and armor discouraging all from approaching him, as he sat there unmoving.

His hands laced together, Octus sighed. It looked like it would be another boring night and what he was waiting for wouldn't be showing up this time, like all the other nights before. "Lord, what is it that you have me waiting on? I could be doing your work right now if it wasn't for this nagging feeling you keep giving me, like if I left something bad was going to happen and the feeling of dread that fills me." Sighing once more he took a sip from his glass, wondering how much longer he would have to wait before he was finally able to meet whatever it was he was waiting for. It better be worth it too, he thought to himself after all this were many better things he could have been doing than waiting at a tavern every night.

((Hope this is good enough for you. If anything needs changed I won't have a single problem in changing it.))
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Lypiphera

((Kevben, looks great, lovely to have onboard!))

Eyran frowned at the parchment held before him, he had long been a wanderer following the paths he felt called to, but this higher working, this magic calling him forth sat ill with him, it was not natural not the order of things as he believed them to be so compelled. Besides he knew why he was here.

"Be that as it may, comrade, but I too have a letter."
Slipping his hand inside the leather jerkin he wore he swiftly pulled forth a letter wrapped securely in oil skin. Unwrapping it carefully and spreading it upon the table next to the soldier's letter:

Lieutenant Eyran,

It is with a heavy heart that I must request this from you, my friend, but times are changing and there is a darkness creeping through the trees of our minds. The forests wither, decay is setting in where life bloomed but hours before, animals grow into a great sickness that twists their minds and turns them rabid -these things you have seen and these things the great prince ignores. All is not right in the world and, as in times past, it is our duty to defend the kingdom from without and from within. As many of us have speculated it seems the night forest stirs anew but so much knowledge has been lost and little is known what this may portend. So I charge you with this ranger; Travel with speed to the town of Rockcreek, the unification of the great heroes willing to seek out what foul working moves in this land will start from humble beginnings, a backwards town and a decrepit alehouse, 3 day hence.
Ride well, ranger,
Captain Greymoss

"So perhaps this Knightmage person works for the Prince, seeing as two of his regimentals have answered the call?"

Jaydon

Edu gives a whistle at reading the note.  "Even down to the bad alehouse eh?"  Edu leans back in his chair, taking another sip from his mug.  "So we sit and wait for the third companion to show up."  He looks around the room.  "If he's not already here?"  He gives the room another look and catches just a glimpse of Octus Proctus behind the other patrons of the bar.  "Well, who ever it is, I'm sure we'll give away our reason for being here.  We don't look like the normal patrons of this tavern now do we Eyran?" he says with an easy smile on his young face.
As Eyran discusses the Knightmage Edu nods.  "Yes, that might very well be.  I've never heard anything like a Knightmage before.  But, as soon as our last companion arrives, I say we go hunting to find out who or what a Knightmage is."  He takes another drink.

((Welcome Kevben.  Your character will ahve a note as well.  Have him come over and join our characters and then I'll get this story really going.  ))

Lypiphera

Eyran's mouth relaxed into a half smile a the soldier's whistle.

"Yes even the bad ale was foretold it seems." He settles his long frame under the table to weight, forgoing another glass of bee-piss in favour of a slightly rancid looking mulled wine. Leaning back into the chair he took a sip from the goblet. Thank the spirits for cloves he thought as the thick spiced liquid hit his tongue with a spicy, but not entirely unpleasant, flavour. The after taste did leave a lot to be desired, as was evident from the slight grimace he gave after he had finished swallowing, but at least it didn't take like insect piss.

He took his time to glance around the room at the other patrons, "Few seem to belong here in truth. It seems this place acts as thoroughfare for all manner of folk." Even with his doubts voiced, Eyran couldn't help glancing over at Octus Proctus in the far corner, something about the pious looking man certainly didn't fit with the general scourge of people patronizing the pub. Eyran mused into his wine goblet, face expressionless as he digested this new observation.

Kevben Battleheart

Octus looked up and saw Edu had been scanning the room, their eyes connecting for a second before they both went back to what they were doing and Octus was surprised that he hadn't have seen the fellow or his companions sooner. Gathering up his blade Octus moved over to the pair that sat by themselves and took up a seat without even asking if he could join them. "Hello neighbors. I am Octus Proctus, Paladin of the Silver Hand and I have a simple question that the locals here can't answer. Who is this Knightmage that this note speaks of." he asked of them as he pulled out a note and placed in onto the table for them to read.

Brother Octus,

Greetings brother, I wish I was sending you this during better times but it must be done and out of all of our order I trust you the most. Obviously you would have noticed how things have started to grimmer, our brothers being sent all over to spread the blessings of the Light in the most troubled of lands, but I fear this will not be enough. Something is going to happen, what it is I don't know brother, but I do know that we must lend a hand in whatever is about to happen or we will all be doomed. That is why you will be heading to Rockcreek where you will meet a Knightmage. Hopefully he will be able to shed some light on what is happening and how we can help. You might also run into others heading to Rockcreek for the same reason and advise that you find them as soon as possible. Power in numbers as they say, and whoever they are it will be much better than just you. I wish you luck and pray that you don't fail.

The Light watch over you brother,
Light Captain Octavies

Looking at the two men as he let them read the letter he was given, Octus folded his arms. "And if you two are heading to Rockcreek, then that means that you were the ones I had been waiting on. If not, then sorry for interrupting you."
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Lypiphera

"Strange indeed that all of us appear to have these letters" Eyran mused as he smoothed down the three pieces of paper in the middle of the table. "For I think, friend Octus, that we are indeed the people you are looking for, although we too are uncertain of who or what the knightmage might be."

Eyran toyed with the edge of one of the letters, deep in thought. "It seems these matters are graver than my captain believed if members of other orders are hearing the call for this battle. Something evil is stirring my friends, make no mistake."

Eyran drained his glass of mulled wine and placed it on the edge of the table away from the precious parchment dividing its centre. "I think it best to leave with all haste, lest we find ourselves too late to aid the kingdom."

Jaydon

Edu nods to Octus.  You have indeed come to the right table.  We have been waiting for you.  I'm afraid to report our knowledge of the coming danger is as great as yours, or as little as yours in reality."  He chuckles and smiles.  "This does not diminish our pleasure at finding our third companion, well met Octus!"

Not two second after Edu's welcome, human screams emanated from outside.  The loud tavern suddenly got deathly silent.  Everyone holding their breath, hoping it was just their imagination.  A hideous inhuman growl followed by more human screams pierced the approaching dusk of the day.  Edu looked at his two new companions before getting up and rushing outside.  Some of the tavern patrons did the same, others stayed put.  Once outside there was an awful sight to go with the terrible screams.

Large upright walking bears where walking through the town of Rockcreek.  No, not bears, the closer they got, the more they looked like half man, half bears.  Covered in thick disheveled black fur and standing almost ten feet tall, with large jutting out lower jaws.  One beat his massive chest with his large hands and arms.  Then opened his mouth in a half roar, half growl that could unnerve the most seasoned of warriors.  His large carnivorous teeth where not that of a man or a bear, but a viscous meat eater with large fangs that didn't quite fit in his closed mouth.

There were five of these beats.  Three where walking down the street towards the crowd that had piled out of the tavern.  Many people ran through the streets yelling and screaming, running for their lives.  Bloody and torn bodies lay on the street behind the three who were dripping human blood from their fangs and brutal hands.  The two others lagged behind, finishing off two unfortunate persons who had gotten caught.
Edu gave a quick glance to his two companions before drawing his large broadsword from his back and advancing on the middle fanged bear.

When he got within striking distance, the bear crouched and then lunged with incredible speed.  Its fangs and massive sharp claws thrust in front by the bear to impale and grab its pray that was in the army legion's armor.  The young soldier held his sword steady in front of him and waited until the savage lunge of the bear before he quickly turned to his side thrusting his mighty broadsword in front of the beats.  The bears momentum forced it onto the soldier's sword, sending the sharp tool through the bears claws and mouth to the opposite side of its head.  The bright red blood covered everything within a five meter radius.  Edu's strong shoulder took the impact of the bears died body and deflected it to the side in a heap on the street.  Edu pulled his sword back out of the bear with a spinning twist as the bear fell.  His twist ended in a stance that expected another attack.

Jaydon

((Well, it looks like I lost I my fellow companions.  I'm sorry if the story didn't work out.  I'll wait a few more days, but if anyone else wants to jump in, I would like to keep going with the story.))

Lypiphera

((Just to apologise for being away, some real life stuff jumped up and stole me away from the internets over the last few days! Hopefully I will be freer in the next few days and more able to do your post some justice!))