X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Niki315

I am interested in making an original character for this game if you are still accepting.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Niki315 on May 21, 2014, 01:14:39 AM
I am interested in making an original character for this game if you are still accepting.

Very much so! Feel free to make up a sheet or send me a concept if you'd like to check first.

Rave

Quote from: Muse on May 21, 2014, 01:10:35 AM
Ack! 

I peaked in a few days ago to see if you were stil accepting original characters. 

15 pages later I don't think I was actualy answered. 

But now I feel the need to ask agiain cause it' page eighteen!

Mr.Marmalade just answered, but totes accepting.. Totes.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Muse on May 21, 2014, 01:10:35 AM
Ack! 

I peaked in a few days ago to see if you were stil accepting original characters. 

15 pages later I don't think I was actualy answered. 

But now I feel the need to ask agiain cause it' page eighteen!

Yes, most definitely! :)

Muse

Awesome, thank you.  :) 

Now I just need to choose between Beat, Dragonline, and Pulse...
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

DarkAngel111

I am thinking about making a Male version of White Queen, Emma frost. ;)

Or a Younger Male version of Mystique still undecided

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on May 21, 2014, 04:44:21 AM
I am thinking about making a Male version of White Queen, Emma frost. ;)

Or a Younger Male version of Mystique still undecided

'Ethan' Frost is one of my favorite genderbends :) We do have a couple telepaths and telepath-like people already though, so something to consider.

And a younger male version of Mystique sounds awesome, I think a couple people were saying they'd like to see such!

DarkAngel111

I am leaning towards Mystique too because telepathic ability kinda ruins the game a bit for me haha.

I believe it will be quite a lot of fun to play that.

Although I am not sure how I would explain the blue balls :P

Maybe Never use the True form?

Bloodied Porcelain

I kind of wish we could have third characters. I have an adult, male Jubilee in my head and he won't shut up. >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Orange Marmalade

To those still interested who haven't submitted completed sheets yet:
We are kicking off IC threads soon, but please don't feel rushed. People will be able to join up at any time at all, and we're always looking for more :)

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 21, 2014, 08:52:59 AM
I kind of wish we could have third characters. I have an adult, male Jubilee in my head and he won't shut up. >.>

I'm thinking I'll be able to open it up to 3rd characters once things settle down after we kick off :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on May 21, 2014, 01:26:26 PM
I'm thinking I'll be able to open it up to 3rd characters once things settle down after we kick off :)

*Cheers*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

DemonessOfDeathValley

Here is my completed and updated character sheet.

The Faserip thing has been fixed as well as typos and other things that needed to be tweaked. The final draft is in that link.

~Approximate response time - 1-7 days plus ~ Muse cooperative~

Green Goo Theory

Character sheet updated and posted. 

WEEEEEEE!

Edit:

Are we still imbalanced between male and female characters? 
Coming soon...

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 21, 2014, 08:34:38 PM
Character sheet updated and posted. 

WEEEEEEE!

Edit:

Are we still imbalanced between male and female characters?

Hard to tell once you get into the other sexualities. Check out the Accepted Thread? :)

Strangefate

Wow, this train is really tearing out of the station fast. I’m thinking I may want to try to jump aboard myself. 

Has anyone mentioned using Magik, Mirage, Polaris, Longshot, Karma, or Havok yet?  I’m sort of wanting to try one female and one male character, genderbend versions of their comic selves.   

(And apologies for my laziness, but it just seems easier to ask than sort through 20 pages for anyone mentioning them.)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Strangefate on May 22, 2014, 02:01:12 AM
Wow, this train is really tearing out of the station fast. I’m thinking I may want to try to jump aboard myself. 

Has anyone mentioned using Magik, Mirage, Polaris, Longshot, Karma, or Havok yet?  I’m sort of wanting to try one female and one male character, genderbend versions of their comic selves.   

(And apologies for my laziness, but it just seems easier to ask than sort through 20 pages for anyone mentioning them.)

I wouldn't call it lazy. It'd be absurd to ask you to do that :)

All of those are fully open!

Magik = good to go, we have no Colossus
Polaris = Talk to me if you're interested here, Re: Magneto
Mirage = Good to go, we've got an illusionist already but its purely mental. The two of them together might be interesting as long as they don't overlap overly much!
Longshot = Good to go
Karma = Good to go

Strangefate

Oh, good, they're all basically free then.  Now I'll just have to decide which might be more fun to play.  Thank you.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Strangefate on May 22, 2014, 02:08:38 AM
Oh, good, they're all basically free then.  Now I'll just have to decide which might be more fun to play.  Thank you.  :-)

I look forward to it! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

DarkAngel111

*damn*

why can't I find someone like that for a Male Mystique
Or Ice King! :(

Amelita

la la la wip

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Gambit
Citizenship and other legal info: US
Place of Birth:  New Orleans, Louisiana
Education: High school plus some college

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'1
Weight: 175lbs (lemme know if it seems strange, I am so bad at figuring this out)
Hair color: black
Eye color: red, wears dark brown contact lenses.
Ethnicity: mixed
General Appearance: Remy prefers very casual wear, jeans and tanks and T's, paired with boots.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: bisexual
Ons/Offs: Writer's (who need to be updated but general direction of it can be gathered. Ask if unsure)
Goals:
Wealth Level: poor/typical/good, depending on his luck
Personality:

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught:
Year: (High school or college levels are available)
Club Memberships or Sponsorships:

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS:

POWER NAME1 - Power description here. Include skill level, limits, disadvantages, etc. The more detail you go into the better off you'll be in the long run. Example SUPER SPEED - : Quicksilver’s Superhuman Speed allows him to run at upwards of 770mph with effort and he can maintain this speed for several hours before needing to rest. He can also use this speed to do things like run across water or straight up walls given sufficient space to ramp up to full speed. His body is safe from friction and minor collisions at these speeds and he has no trouble breathing. (In other words, be as specific as you can.)
POWER NAME1 - Power description here.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
SKILL1: - Description here
SKILL1: - Description here

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Pumpkin Seeds

Tenatively thinking I might submit a male version of Psylocke.  Maybe have Elisabeth Braddock's mind have been placed in a teenage boy's body who was a trained assassin of the Hand. 

Something like that maybe?

Dunno, this would be my first attempt at a male character.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 22, 2014, 02:12:52 PM
Tenatively thinking I might submit a male version of Psylocke.  Maybe have Elisabeth Braddock's mind have been placed in a teenage boy's body who was a trained assassin of the Hand. 

Something like that maybe?

Dunno, this would be my first attempt at a male character.

It could potentially work - Psylocke has one of those whackadoodle histories that I generally try to avoid in a kind of game like this, but it might be doable. If you go with the full training and all he'd need to be a full on adult, and I'm wary of the mind transference stuff but it could work if explained through a major telepathy snafu or something rather than any cloning.

Pumpkin Seeds

Mostly just thinking that maybe she was near death or pushed to a point of torment that her mind reached out to the nearest "vessel."  Then maybe the Hand had this guy essentially prepared to receive her mind through some sort of hypnosis and figured the pair combined would make the perfect tool.  Thinking that her will was stronger than they imagined and she pushed him to escape the facility and someone found her and recognized that Betsy was in this guy's body.