DnD?

Started by Tahiri Anashia, May 28, 2005, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahiri Anashia

anyone wanna run a DnD game? :) Gestalt and bloodlines and stuff prefered :)

LordAnubis

I'd love to be in that game.  anyone feel they can dm a campaign you have one very intrested player.  And if you want any new systems, give me a little while and I can make a system for just about anything.

Natalie C. Barney

Well if its 3.0 Forgotten Realms with no additional rules but Core and FR Campaign stting I'm game. Maybe 3.5 Core rules too.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

LordAnubis

I would definately like 3.5 rules.

Tahiri Anashia

Natalie's up for running a 3.5 ed game? or being in one :) I am looking for a DM atm...

Natalie C. Barney

Anyone knows a web site with the 3.5 rules up free for the player rules? I heard of one if there is 3.5 is good  ;D. Post a hyperlink if you have one so I can bookmark it.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Tahiri Anashia

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Tahiri/Anashia on May 29, 2005, 09:23:38 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

GOOD THANK YOU! Ok lets do 3.5 rules if you like. I tend to run social and not combat heavy characters and I love urban environments like Waterdeep (just the idea of size). In any case I'd favor a base of operations over traveling a-lot to build up contacts and social connections.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Tahiri Anashia

sounds good to me, can i play a Fey'ri? :D sorceror/rogue gestalt? :)

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Tahiri/Anashia on May 29, 2005, 09:45:32 AM
sounds good to me, can i play a Fey'ri? :D sorceror/rogue gestalt? :)

Whats a "gestalt"? I just have access to the core rules hope this doesn't start adding other stuff- too much? I was thinking if a big city running a Bard/Rogue Lesbian Courtesan catering to wealthy and powerful womens needs. Maybe even one attached to one powerful and wealthy older woman as a contracted long-term companion. Might be a virgin and trained but untried at first the daughter of a famed courtesan, and we can have a party to seek a woman to take her as a long-term companion. I would suggest starting characters maybe at 2nd Level a little more experienced but not seasoned. And several may want a two-class characters.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Tahiri Anashia

Gestalt are introduced in Unearthed arcana, you can comebine 2 classes, to make a combined class, by adding a +1 ecl.  :) i'll probably have a ECL 3 character if i do that though...Fey'ri are a teifling variant

Zaer Darkwail

I have VAST source of DnD books, have Libris Mortis, Stronghold Builders Guide, many FR rule books (Magic of Faerun, Players Guide to Faerun, Races of Faerun) plus core rule books and Complete series of books.

I can work glaldy as DM for FR world using 3.5 rules :). But I warn you that I am plot heavy person, so even tough we are in heavy sexual, I prefer there is some 'sense' why someone beats and then rapes someone. Simplest answer would be that char is pervert, but WHY he is pervert?

So far I had heard intrest for Urban campaing. But I think not everyone want be city dweller, so I give option to woodlands wandering and such. But I want  know do everyone want run things in Sword Coast or are they wide spread that I need start bit global FR setting?

Tahiri Anashia

sounds good to me Zaer :) can i play a Fey'ri rogue/sorc gestalt in yours? :)

LordAnubis

I like urban campaigns, but we should have the ability, or requirement to travel to atleast one other city.  So the city isn't complerely self sufficent.  PLus it lets you throw in some larger monsters that are much harder to have in the middle of the city, if you wanted to throw a challange at them.

How much of the unearth Arcana are you going to allow?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Tahiri/Anashia on May 29, 2005, 01:30:20 PM
sounds good to me Zaer :) can i play a Fey'ri rogue/sorc gestalt in yours? :)

Because of spirit of game I do not allow gestalts (sorry). But I allow that everyone is 2lvl, despite LA (+3 is max LA and +4 ONLY to shades and I want only bestly few of them).

So Tahiri/Anashia, you can be 1lvl Rogue/1lvl Sorceress and have +2-3 LA. I allow form Unearthed Arcana all bloodlines and certain cases the climate racial variants (like desert elves) but as note we use aquatic elves stats form races of Faerun isntead the racial presentation in Unearthed Arcana. To add more dramatism I would rule that we use WP/VP rules (wound points and vitality points) in the game if players are ok whit it.

I have always tougth that heroes mostly dodge the attacks instead getting alot injuries and when they are injured, things go serious in that point. So this point crit hit means to npc's instatly falling down (expect major npc and villain bosses) and to players the damage goes directly to their wound points.

Besides these rule I allow few things aside this. I do not plan use variant skill check rules, nor regarding armor ever. But other things I may allow but please confirm them from me by posting questions in here. I also do nto use any magic pool variants either, but I allow variant wizards and all variant classes (expect gestalt nor generic).

Zaer Darkwail

Also to help create char according 3.5, here is online charsheet. If you use some special template or rules, please add it whit PM alogn whit link to your charsheet thank you :).

http://www.3edb.com/index.asp

Edit; Here is example of my orc char: http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=9038

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, to tell common rules. Each person starts whit gold wich is egual to their class levels (LA not counted) and whit XP what is needed to be 2lvl char whit LA. Stats are not rolled, but rather used point buy method. You have 32 points and all stats are set into 8.

HP is not also rolled, but you take half of the hit dice and add your con into it. So wizard gets automatically 2 HP per level in wizard class after 1lvl (if wizard foolishly does not have positive con modifier).

Also everyone get regionall gear. If examply it is not mentioned (like whit fey'ri) the player pick up the gear from closest racial variant. In case of fey'ri, it gets sun elf starting gear pakcage along whit gold of 2lvl char (wich is 300gp).

Choose any regionall feats in 1lvl, afterwards you cannot choose any! Fey'ri in sense have same regionall feat acces what sun elves do.

LordAnubis

by LA do you mean your ECL?

Bayushi

LA means Level Adjustment. A lot of races in D&D have a LA. Tiefling and Aasimar have an LA of +1, and so on.

ECL is Effective Character Level, or the overall "level" of the character or monster.

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, that is right. In my starting rules your char can have higher ECL compared to others when he starts the game.

LordAnubis

I hadn't heard LA in a long time. I wasn't sure if it was the same thing I was thinking of.

Are you going to use the Varient rules to be able to buy off your LA?  at certain levels?  I remember it from UA.  just curious before I begin mulling my character over in my head.  Oh, and is this a good/neutral/ or evil campaign?

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, I allow LA buy off. I think this campaing is overall everything campaing. So you can be evil, good or neutral. Also there is no chaotic, neutral nor lawfull anxis prohibition.

LordAnubis

Alright, when I get a feel for what we have in the group I'll make a character.  granted it's easier if you'd let us play Gestalt, (grumble grumble. j/k)  but I'll try to fill a whole in the group.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you do not need neccesary be in the group. You can do solo if you want ;). But if players want start as single group, then talk and mention about it in here.

LordAnubis

Pulls up a cheesy quote  "you can hang in together, or hang seperately"