BattleTech 3050 ((Looking for new recruits!))

Started by Wargtass, November 15, 2012, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Quixote

We are currently on Outreach picking up new unit members, supplies, and a milk run so it's very easy to hop aboard...actually being as it's the Dragoon's world you might be able to convince Wartass that you stole one and need to get off planet quick (even though stealing a mech is REALLY difficult)

Matt

Wargtass

You could always go with a Wolfhound to start with. I'm not going to be totally heartless, so who knows what we might loot up the bend of the next mission. Important thing is that all players are happy, and if Kayla want to break my nuts for handing you a Firefly or Hussar in the loot, that's a low price to pay.  ;D

Right now it would be convenient if you could place your character on Outreach at the end of it all. Otherwise you are free to pick and choose.

Quote from: mvo33 on April 11, 2013, 07:06:26 PM
We are currently on Outreach picking up new unit members, supplies, and a milk run so it's very easy to hop aboard...actually being as it's the Dragoon's world you might be able to convince Wartass that you stole one and need to get off planet quick (even though stealing a mech is REALLY difficult)

Matt

On that note we already have one former Dragoon on the paylist. Might be a good way to get a foot in on that Firefly.
O/O

Thorne

*snicker* Outreach, eh? I can see her on Outreach, looking for a job (mouths to feed, and all).

As to stealing a 'Mech ... oohf. Even Ailis isn't THAT easily overlooked. ^^;
Not sure she'd try it, either - she's got more than her fair share of balls, but theft might be a little over the top. Now, conning some unsuspecting sucker into a bet or trade? That, I could see.

However, I'll go with the Wolfhound to start - if it was good enough for Phelan Kell, it is presumably good enough for Ailis. All I need to know is which of the many versions is available.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Andi

I'm theoretically interested. In practice, it's a little more difficult - I am shy of inspiration and the ToW character I have going begging has heavily invested in 'rank.' So unless the company needs a new Captain, I /need/ inspiration. *prods the peanut gallery* Come on, you lot, someone /is/ going to pay for this Outreach...

Lady Quixote

Actually you could come in as a former captain who lost his rank and is trying to work his way back to some resemblance of normal. 

Otherwise we might need someone who is a lance leader, the light and fire support lance we have only has one mech each right now they are almost being recreated from scratch. 

Matt

LordMing

Dunno if you still need anyone, but I am throwing this one out there to see if it flys or not.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Pilot

Name: Brianna Morgan
Sex: Female
BattleMech: LCT-3M
Homeworld: Lexington
Original Faction: Federated Suns

Description: Lithe, and fit with a bit more muscle than most think she needs.  She wears only what she must in the pilots seat to avoid heat exhaustion, but prefers simple BDU pants, combat boots and a tank top when out of her mech

Background: Grew up on Lexington to a family of House Mechwarriors belonging to the 129th Battlemech Division.  She didnt take up training right away, though her brothers taught her hand to hand and shooting.  She was more interested in physical challenges, lifting weights, foot races and outperforming anyone she could in athletics.  When war came to Lexington she signed up and shipped out to serve the Federated Suns as her family had always done, graduating from the prestigious Sakhara Academy.  She served as a recon mech pilot for ten years before mustering out, disillusioned by the hypocrisy of most command officers he had known. 
Using her back pay and inheritance she purchased an LCT-3M and painted it up in her favored tiger stripe camo scheme before looking for a merc unit to join up with.

Personality: Tough, independent and shrewd.  She likes a challenge, but knows how far she can push herself and her mech.

Speciality Skills: A very talented athlete, skilled marksman with pistols and excellent hand to hand combatant

BattleMech Characteristics

Chassis: LCT-3M
Weight Class: Light
Callsign: Spooky
Description: A Locust, light mech, with shark teeth painted over the medium laser mount and the body painted in a tigerstripe camo pattern that she changes tint for various environments.

Loadout: a single Medium Laser, four Small Lasers, and an Anti-Missile System for missile defense.

Modules: Anti-Missle System
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Blobbe

Wolfhound-wise, the only extant models at this point are the WLF-1 and WLF-2. And that's pretty much a matter of degrees between them. Either would work.

LordMing - obviously I can't speak for Warg, but to me the character looks great. And we allways need people.

Wargtass

Quote from: Thorne on April 11, 2013, 07:29:01 PM
*snicker* Outreach, eh? I can see her on Outreach, looking for a job (mouths to feed, and all).

As to stealing a 'Mech ... oohf. Even Ailis isn't THAT easily overlooked. ^^;
Not sure she'd try it, either - she's got more than her fair share of balls, but theft might be a little over the top. Now, conning some unsuspecting sucker into a bet or trade? That, I could see.

However, I'll go with the Wolfhound to start - if it was good enough for Phelan Kell, it is presumably good enough for Ailis. All I need to know is which of the many versions is available.

Sounds like you're almost at the home stretch! Looking forward to seeing your character.

Quote from: Andi on April 11, 2013, 09:04:49 PM
I'm theoretically interested. In practice, it's a little more difficult - I am shy of inspiration and the ToW character I have going begging has heavily invested in 'rank.' So unless the company needs a new Captain, I /need/ inspiration. *prods the peanut gallery* Come on, you lot, someone /is/ going to pay for this Outreach...

The Ol' Bones are in dire need of Lance Leaders, and as Matt said, a former Captain trying to make his way up towards the surface would make an excellent LL.

Quote from: LordMing on April 12, 2013, 12:45:28 AM
Dunno if you still need anyone, but I am throwing this one out there to see if it flys or not.

Pilot

Name:
BattleMech: LCT-3M
Homeworld: Lexington
Original Faction: Federated Suns

Description: Lithe, and fit with a bit more muscle than most think she needs.  She wears only what she must in the pilots seat to avoid heat exhaustion, but prefers simple BDU pants, combat boots and a tank top when out of her mech

Background: Grew up on Lexington to a family of House Mechwarriors belonging to the 129th Battlemech Division.  She didnt take up training right away, though her brothers taught her hand to hand and shooting.  She was more interested in physical challenges, lifting weights, foot races and outperforming anyone she could in athletics.  When war came to Lexington she signed up and shipped out to serve the Federated Suns as her family had always done, graduating from the prestigious Sakhara Academy.  She served as a recon mech pilot for ten years before mustering out, disillusioned by the hypocrisy of most command officers he had known. 
Using her back pay and inheritance she purchased an LCT-3M and painted it up in her favored tiger stripe camo scheme before looking for a merc unit to join up with.

Personality: Tough, independent and shrewd.  She likes a challenge, but knows how far she can push herself and her mech.

Speciality Skills: A very talented athlete, skilled marksman with pistols and excellent hand to hand combatant

Chassis: LCT-3M
Weight Class: Light
Callsign: Spooky
Description: A Locust, light mech, with shark teeth painted over the medium laser mount and the body painted in a tigerstripe camo pattern that she changes tint for various environments.

Loadout: a single Medium Laser, four Small Lasers, and an Anti-Missile System for missile defense.

Modules: Anti-Missle System

A very nice contribution Ming. Slap on a name and you're accepted.  ;D

That brings our light count to four, with a Wolfhound, a Raven, a Locust and an upcoming Wasp. Some medium/heavy long range support 'Mechs would be nice then.
O/O

Thorne

Sarna.net is not helpful as to whether the WLF-2 is even available at this time, so it looks like I'm going with the WLF-1.

My next post should include a character sheet.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

LordMing

Edited a name into it.  Dunno how I missed that.
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Blobbe

Quote from: Thorne on April 12, 2013, 11:28:23 AM
Sarna.net is not helpful as to whether the WLF-2 is even available at this time, so it looks like I'm going with the WLF-1.

My next post should include a character sheet.

Master Unit List says the WLF-2 wasn't introduced until 3052 (Later then I thought!) so WLF-1 works

Thorne

Right. I'm going to have to beg some help with the 'Mech part - not sure which bits you need, and which bits are available.

Ailis Ciarach

Name: Ailis Ciarach
BattleMech:  Wolfhound
Homeworld: Somewhere in Skye Province
Original Faction: Lyran Alliance

Description: Physically, Ailis is easily overlooked - literally overlooked, by most people. She's small, deceptively cute, with short red haired, golden-tan skin spangled with freckles, and delicate. Her normal dress, either loose fatigues and a snug t-shirt, or a moderately grubby coverall, does little to remove the initial impression. Neither does the ubiquitous boot-knife, the leather and wire choker with a wolf's tooth focal, or the matching arm-band.

Personality: There is a lot of attitude packed into that tiny frame, tied up with a thick brogue and a cocky little grin. The only thing missing is the arrogance that some claim typifies the Mechwarrior - Ailis makes up for it with a code of honour that makes her something of an oddity amongst many of her peers.

Background: Ailis' career could be accurately described as eccentric. Trained in the School of Hard Knocks, she spent a year or two with a small mercenary company. Since a nasty run in that largely gutted that company, she is now looking for work.
Her 'Mech, nicknamed Grisel, was picked up as salvage from the aftermath of her first battle. It is largely stock, although Ailis always has an eye peeled for upgrades.

Speciality Skills:
Considered a decent mechanic/weapons tech.
Ailis swears up and down she doesn't have a hobby other than books, but she turns out pretty good camoflage designs, for someone who doesn't paint.
She collects knives, and she's never seen without one. She is quite skilled with them, or without them, albeit this is not common knowledge.

Chassis: Wolfhound WLF-1
Weight Class: 35 tons
Callsign: Babh
Description: Ailis generally has the help of a friend to keep Grisel's paint job in good order. The camoflage patterns give the suggestion of celtic knotwork in the form of a heavily stylised snarling wolf.

Loadout:
1 x Large Laser
4 x Medium Lasers

Modules: N/A

Upgrades: N/A

General Armor Values: 119

Internal           Armor
                            Structure         Value
Head:                      3                  9
Center Torso:           11                16
C. T. (Rear):            6
L/R Side Torso:        8                  11/11
L/R S. T. (Rear):      5/5
L/R Arm:                 6                  12/12
L/R Leg:                  8                  16/16

ETA: Mech details, more history summary.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Lady Quixote

sure thing:

assuming stock wlf-1 it's:
Loadout:
1 x Large Laser
4 x Medium Lasers

Modules: none
Upgrades: none
General Armor Values: 119

Internal         Armor
             Structure         Value
Head:             3                    9
Center Torso:    11                   16
Center Torso (Rear):       6
L/R Side Torso: 8                 11/11
L/R Side Torso (Rear):       5/5
L/R Arm:             6                 12/12
L/R Leg:             8                 16/16

The one thing I think your character is missing is how you got your mech, family herloom, bought it (they are very expensive though), other?

Otherwise I like it,
Matt

Andi

Time to get myself in, while I have the opportunity

Pilot

Name: Parcival Guttenberg
Sex: Male
BattleMech: TBD
Homeworld: (( Near the Kuritan border of the LC - if my astrography does not deceive me, that's in the Donegal province ))
Original Faction: LC

Description: Parcival is relatively short; brown hair, dark brown eyes, handsome enough features, but far from noteworthy at an initial look. He's one of those people who are just /there/. Once engaged in conversation, however, he is charming, pleasant and reveals a surprising amount of personal charisma.

Personality: Parcival conceals his attitude behind a lot of formality - he really is the 'social' officer of the LCAF personified. Precise in diction, occasionally ponderous in thought, reluctant to accept new ideas, all serving to conceal both a sharp mind and a charming personality. It's gotten him in trouble more than once, including a dishonorable discharge from the armed forces (although THAT time, he hadn't even committed the adultery.)

Background: Parcival comes from a minor noble family in the borderlands of the Lyran Commonwealth. Following family tradition for the younger offspring (anyone past heir and spare), he was sent to military schools and the Nagelring and groomed for a command in the LCAF; he made it to company command rank before being framed for sleeping with the general's wife. The resulting court martial found him guilty, demoted him to Lieutenant and discharged him dishonorably. Parcival spent several years as a civilian following that disaster, but eventually, the draw of BattleMech combat proved too strong. With his family's aid, he returned his personal 'Mech to service and travelled to Outreach in the hopes of finding employment with a respectable unit.

Specialty Skills:
Parcival is an officer and a gentleman - outside the cockpit, his specialty is in dealing with the wealthy and powerful. He knows a little bit about 'Mech and weapons maintenance, and has a huge story of military and civilian history knowledge as well as an understanding of BattleMech tactics at his disposal.

Need to figure out what 'Mech he is using...

Thorne

Captured, /probably/ - I'll give that some more thought. No promises I'll have results before tomorrow evening my time, though. ^^;
It's the weekend, I expect to be up to my ears.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Lady Quixote

looks good to me (it is of course Wargtass's call)

what mech were you looking at?

with a locust, wolfhound, raven and incoming wasp (apparently), it looks like we could use firesupport.  The current firesupport mech we have is a Crusader (heavy but has Jump Jets to help it maneuver around into possition).  I would imagine the other mech that will be in there will be the hatchetman because I don't know where else you put it.  We are looking for some more mediums to fill out the firesupport, good plays are the Trebuchet, Vindicator (kind of, much less LRM support for a PPC), and Dervish are good ones

Thorne, I have a shovel if you think it would help?

Matt

Andi

I've not had a chance to seriously look at 'Mechs. I'll give those mentioned a look. Sometime. Probably around Sunday night myself.

Thorne

Shovel? Try a backhoe. :/
At least the part where I make three pounds of hamburger patties is easy. ^^

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated the sheet. I'll spare you guys the un-summarised version of Ailis' history... for now. >.>

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Andi

*checks pulse* Any news here? Should I bother figuring the remaining details for Parcival out?

Lady Quixote

Its warg's call but I would imagine Parcival's good, definitely look to finish him up.

Matt

Wargtass

I've been a bit confused and mindwarped the last couple of days due to pain medication and a lack of caffeine. Welcome in Thorne. Only need the Mech out of you Andi and you'll be on board as well. Any further thought on that? Need help with anything?
O/O

Andi

Was debating a Longbow, but haven't had time to load up Skunkworks and see what versions are available in 3050.

Lady Quixote

We had that come up already...none unfortunately.  Plus we are really top heavy already.  We need a faster moving fire support lance.

Matt

Thorne

Heh. Okay, I'll copy Ailis over to the ... wherever I need to copy her over. And link the drawing...

Any brilliant ideas for getting her involved? ^^;

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies