Avengers Grimm: Fairy Tale Superheroes (Recruiting! Please Join!)

Started by Mathim, September 24, 2016, 09:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Still many awesome fairytale characters, both hero and villain, still available! Just think of it, perhaps you could have a villain experience a change of heart or maybe a hero sways to the darkness and succumbs to deep dark desires they had long denied was there...

There are so many limitless possibilities! Come join in on the excitement! :D

WhatLiesAbove

Has anyone picked Maleficent yet? If not, I'd like to call dibs!

PrincessAriel

Oooo. Please please take Maleficent! :3
I LOVE Maleficent. Mainly because of Kingdom Hearts. :p
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Mathim

Hells yeah, we need a strong evil lady, maybe one so powerful even Rumple doesn't automatically want to have her in his cabal since he can't always count on being stronger than her.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Isengrad

I may have a good mind for the Huntman/Woodsman. Seeing him like a Super Solider like Captain America, Enhanced Physiology and such. He might posses a Throwing Axe that returns to his hand, and a sword that makes him unbeatable in a duel(the catch is that being killed,maimed or wounded does not mean he is beaten).

original artwork by karabiner

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 11, 2016, 07:33:46 PM
I may have a good mind for the Huntman/Woodsman. Seeing him like a Super Solider like Captain America, Enhanced Physiology and such. He might posses a Throwing Axe that returns to his hand, and a sword that makes him unbeatable in a duel(the catch is that being killed,maimed or wounded does not mean he is beaten).

You might consider giving him a spirit familiar that he channels to work that kind of mojo. I was going to suggest a hawk or something that would also enhance his eyesight to make him an incredibly skilled archer. That sword might be a little too powerful, though. Even Rumplestiltskin can't cheat death.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Isengrad

yeah, was just a thought. was used in a book series i read. you still have to be careful cause once again, being unbeatable is not the same and being unkillable. But yeah, nix the sword and a returning woodsman axe would be fun. A Hawk could be fun, Either enhance his eyesight or allow him to see through the hawks eyes like Dar from beastmaster.

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 11, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
yeah, was just a thought. was used in a book series i read. you still have to be careful cause once again, being unbeatable is not the same and being unkillable. But yeah, nix the sword and a returning woodsman axe would be fun. A Hawk could be fun, Either enhance his eyesight or allow him to see through the hawks eyes like Dar from beastmaster.

And possibly limited flight, like maybe just for emergency air rescue over a short distance. And yeah, I kind of imagined him being able to remotely view what his spirit animal could, almost like how Falcon was using the Red Wing drone in Captain America: Civil War. I'm not sure if anyone ever tried to postulate that the Huntsman that was sent to kill Snow White but spared her was also the Woodsman who saved Red Riding Hood and her granny, but I did make them the same character in the short fiction version. That way he does use an axe, but also has a hunting motif and not just a lumberjack sort of background. Go nuts with it, though, it's a very versatile character.

Deathnote

Btw, is my character, Grey Wolf okay?

Also, I'm considering making a character sheet for Aladdin as the brilliant, but lazy tactician who just wanted to live a peaceful and easy life.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Deathnote on October 11, 2016, 11:14:06 PM

Also, I'm considering making a character sheet for Aladdin as the brilliant, but lazy tactician who just wanted to live a peaceful and easy life.

Oh neato, if you do that, Snow White and her crew could totally use him :)

Mathim

Quote from: Deathnote on October 11, 2016, 11:14:06 PM

I had totally forgot you posted that profile. Yes, yes, by all means it's approved. Go ahead and stick it up in the Info/Profiles thread and you can get your first post in IC under way.

Odile too, yes. Same routine, post it where everyone can see the profiles all in one place and you can get down to business in the war zone.

BTW, if anyone wanted to play an evil Gretel to my good Hansel, that could be interesting.

WhatLiesAbove

Should I post a character sheet on the CS page? Or message you?

Mathim

Go ahead and post it here. That gives others the chance to get a glimpse of it before you start and they can suggest ways in which your character might have prior connections to theirs and such, and make suggestions so that you might be able to make a better final draft of it before posting in the Info/Profile thread.

So super glad more of the people I reached out to are responding! I should have done this sooner.

WhatLiesAbove

Player Name: WhatLiesAbove
Character Name/Identity: Maleficent
Tale(s) of Origin: Sleeping Beauty
Alignment: True Neutral
Abilities: Maleficent is a magical being. She is able to conjure spells...from the most basic cantrip's to the more involved spells...though those typically require preparation. Maleficent is also able to transform between two forms...a human form with horns and wings, to a 30-foot tall black dragon, able to breathe fire. (High Transmogrification, medium-high enchantment, low summoning)
Skills: Maleficent is able to wield a staff...both to use for magic, as well as use it as a quaterstaff.
Weakness: Cold-forged iron
Backstory: Maleficent has always been a loner. Always gone her own way. Growing up, she spent her days doing what she could, protecting the Moors. In the end, despite her best efforts...she failed. She spent the rest of her eternal life out of sight and out of mind...for the most part. Sure, there were rumors and legends. But they all boiled to the same thing. Maleficent was a creature you did NOT trifle with.

When "the happening" occured, Maleficent could tell right away it was more than just human armies devouring each other. There was something...magical. The Weave spoke to her, telling her of what Rumplestiltskin had done. Unlike so many she refused to fight him...though she certainly didn't go to him to join his forces. if the Djinn wanted her, he damn well knew where she was. Her castle was hard to miss.
Personality: Maleficent is a loner. While she is fiercely devoted to people who prove themselves her ally, she is equally ferocious against those that would mean her harm. There is little she hates more in existence than humans....all humans. None have proven their worth, and they have hurt her more than she cares to admit.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):Angie Everhart

Mathim

Maybe shrink the pic down a bit; also, chaotic neutral kind of makes no sense. If she's pretty self-serving usually then she'd be chaotic evil. Not necessarily aligned with Rumple, but not interested in helping the good guys, and perhaps even taking advantage of the situation with people being frightened and either abandoning their homes or looking to serve someone else powerful who will protect them in exchange for servitude or their meager possessions. But otherwise, looks good. Wish we could see her with some horns like in the movies. Also, is she vulnerable to iron or are you making her not of fairy origin so she doesn't have that weakness?

Isengrad

If we base it on the most recent movie, Chaotic Neutral actually makes sense. She lashed out at the humans because one had hurt Her, she protected the child becasue she wanted her curse to come to fruition, and she ultimately saved her because she developed maternal feelings for the girl. It was all very self-serving for a good while. She was unconcerned with the good or evil of it. Even in the animated classic, it was a vendetta after a very grave insult. To not invite someone to a major event was a social taboo, even if they were your enemy. She responded in kind.

But that is just my two cents about it.I'll have the Huntman up later today, i had an idea about the Bird companion, Making him a Spirit of the wild hunt, gifted to him by Woden since were dealing with Germanic fairy tails.

Mathim

Well if you're neutral the chaotic part is unnecessary. Neutral implies they're not for or against either side, the chaotic part just implies that they don't have an allegiance even if they themselves are a good or evil person. So for one to be chaotic they'd have to be good or evil, otherwise it's just plain neutral. At least that's how it was explained to me.

WhatLiesAbove

The chaotic part of it is just because she doesn't follow any set of "laws"...either good or evil. Was kinda basing it on the D&D definitions. But I can keep her truly neutral if that works better. I was just trying to hit home the fact that Maleficent only follows one set of laws...being her own.

And sorry about the size of the picture. Still working on coding.

As for iron....it would make sense. However, if this is set in modern times, wouldn't that kind of hinder her? Seeing as everything is made out of steel, and steel is made from Iron?

Isengrad

Make it Cold Forged iron. Not a lot of Cold forged around. And steel is an alloy of iron, most Fantasy rules state that if it's not pure iron it does not have the same properties.

Fury Aphrodisia

I can help you out with the coding. Where you see [img], changing it to [img height=300] will help, then just play around with the number until you find the sidze you want.

I was under the impression that we were playing in what would be the equivalent of the enchanted forest in Once Upon a Time, a land in medieval principle. I could be mistaken, though. Even in the real world, however, I have within reach a cast-iron teapot and two matching cast iron cups, a set of fireplace tools and out the window, a whole fence made of cast iron. There might still be realistic options.

As for the alignments, if I'm not mistaken, in DnD world the Good, Evil (and corresponding neutral) are an indicator of how invested you are in the people around you, their well-being and the relationships you ahve with them. If you're likely to be helping others, doing charity work and working for the good of the general populace, you're good. If you're working against them, to the detriment of all or some, then you're evil. Neutral is just exactly what it sounds like. You're working for yourself, and you're not particularly invested in whether the people around you are effected or not.

In terms of Chaotic, Lawful and their corresponding neutral, then it's a little different. It's about how controlled you are. If you're tightly controlled and working with a very specific code of conduct, then you're lawful, whether that code of conduct is reflecting how you are seeming to others specifically because you intend to benefit or subjugate them is neither here nor there. If you specifically defy the conventions of law or control, you're chaotic, because no one can predict what you're going to do simply by using a set of strictures to control you. Neutral is, again, just as it sounds: You're going to do what you do not because of any controlling factor and perhaps you're even somehow predictable, it's just that you're not actively working for anything but your own comfort zone.

Thusly, true neutral does whatever the hell they want, so long as it serves their purposes. It's generally pretty difficult to play a truly neutral character, though.

That said, we might not be going by DnD structure, but using similar terminology, which is absolutely fine, since this isn't DnD. It does help, though, if we can know what sort of standardization we're working with.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on October 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM
Make it Cold Forged iron. Not a lot of Cold forged around. And steel is an alloy of iron, most Fantasy rules state that if it's not pure iron it does not have the same properties.

Wow, there's more to it than I thought. Yeah, we can make that the rare exception, so that you wouldn't just bring that stuff out unless you knew you were going up against an opponent vulnerable to it.

Isengrad

Player Name:Isengrad
Character Name/Identity: Sebastian /The Huntsman
Tale(s) of Origin: Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood
Alignment:Nuetral Good
Abilities:Blessings of the Wilde Jagd

• Enhanced Physiology: The Huntsman's natural abilities are pushed to the extreme. He can track by scent, leap like a deer through the forest, is as powerful as the largest mountain bear, see near perfectly in the dark and so on. Woden made him the perfect hunter.
  • Jaeger: Jeager is his companion, a Golden eagle given to him by the leader of the Wilde Jagd, this spirit of the hunt can take different forms for his master. Most commonly is a Bow that produces it's own golden fletched arrows and a simple woodmans axe, its edge as sharp and as deadly as the birds talons.When needed the Huntsman can see through the eyes of His companion.
Skills: The Huntsman was/is a skilled tracker, even before the blessings of Woden. Trained first as a scout for some kindom he is adept at long distance running and thinking quick on his feet, as well as most hand to hand weapons. The bow came naturally to him and his skill only improved when he was blessed. Besides that, hes a pretty good cook after living on his own for so long.

Backstory: Sebastian hails form the northern continent, the son of a minor noble that sat high on his low laurels and tried to make sure Sebastian did the same. This in itself was pointless as the boy hated his father and as soon as he had come of age(14) he fled his home in the north to head to the western continent. There he joined the armies of of Snow whites father, training as a hunter and a scout. From his guard post he watched as young Snow white grew up into the woman she would be. At last those peaceful days were not meant to last.

The stepmother, the Queen Grimhilde, brought a dark cloud to the otherwise peaceful kingdom.Still it was her word that he was sworn to obay, her authority. So when he was ordred to drag Snow white into the forest and cut out her heart he at first obeyed. When it came right down to the moment, his hand and the dagger hovering above her suple frame, he realized he could not do it. Over the years a small seed of affection had been planted in his heart, a seed that blossomed on that day. They concocted a plan, he cut out the heart of a wild boar after capturing it in the forest and gave to Snow the very dagger he was ordered to kill her with.

Returning to the Queen he tossed the heart at her feet and gave up his commission, what did she care, he had done his job. He settled on the end of the kingdom and took up a lifestyle of hunting, trapping and logging to get by. He would return to the deep forest from time to time to check up on snow and train her in the use of the dagger he had given her. The rest was him patrolign the forest and scaring away or killing any dangerous beasts that may happen upon her, as well as stearing any of the queens guards away from where she lived.

He made it a point during that time to hunt a dangerous beast that stalked those woods, a great wolf that he was sure was the stuff of nightmares. In passing the house of an old grandma he heard her snoring rather loudly, having a fresh kill he decided to check to see if she needed any of the meat. When he entered he saw the wolf, fat and asleep. Thinking the wolf must have eaten the poor woman whole from the looks of it, and the lack of blood staining the floor. He carefully split open his stomach with a pair of the grandmothers shears. Surprised to find both the grandmother and her granddaughter alive he was ready to kill the beast in his sleep when red had a wonderful idea. They filled his belly with heavy stones and sewed him back up, so that when he awoke he would know he was done. When the wolf fell dead the huntsman took the wolfs skin, and hurled the carcass into a nearby gorge to feed the buzzards.Thus he had saved three lives.

It was quite some time before the queen stumbled upon the Huntmans ploy, and when she did she had him dragged into the palace to stand for his betrayal. The last thing he could remember was seeing his own heart beating in her open palm;however, that was not the end of his tale. He awoke a while later surrounded by hunters of strange and alien origin, and leading them was a great man who radiated fear, power, and the wild thrill of the hunt. Woden welcomed him to join his hunter of the Wilde jagd, and over the next few years he joined the primal hunt. Though his body was dead, his spirit grew stronger from the blessings. When they camped he would check on Snow, happy to see that it had all worked out.

When Rumplestilskin started his war Sebastian knew he had to head back, so taking the pelt of Big bad and getting Wodens blessing he returned tot he land of the living to fight, knowing that the next time he died, he would not get another chance at life. He would remain dead.
Personality: To freinds he tries to be kind, and an example of a good role model. He is a good man, unconcerned with weather it is against the law to do the good deed, knowing it only needs to be done. he likes to offer his enemies quarter only once.
Orientation: Bi-female preferance
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible):alexander marushin
]

Mathim