Nosedive (F looking F or M)

Started by Becca, September 19, 2018, 10:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

Your ratings have gone up this month. Congratulations! Charming people and being pleasant to be around is the first step toward the road to happiness.
Do you wish to review your most negative and positive interactions?

Abigail sighed. This was nowhere close to right. The app was congratulating her for getting an improvement of 0.07 in her grading system. 0.07! It was hardly enough! She had gone from a 4.2 to a 4.27. Was that anything to be proud of? There were people out there, in her very same office building, with scores at high as 4.35!
And that was no even to begin with those in the higher floors, or the lovely neighborhood she sometimes allowed herself to run through. 4.5s all around her. 4.6 in some cases! Oh, to be so lucky!

And then there were those she only got to see online, or on movies. 4.8s... 4.9s! The president was a solid 4.95, of course, he was magnificent.

Abby had even heard rumors of a person achieving an almost perfect 4.98. Imagine that! Virtually no interactions beneath the 4.9 limit, right? That had to be the math behind it? No one could ever reach 5, could they? Who could never ever, not once, get anything else than a 5? It was impossible.

But that was completely out of her reach, of course. Abby would be content, happy even, with a solid 4.5. It was enough for her. That way she'd be invited to all the best parties in the area, get a good promotion at work, and even afford that lovely apartment building she had had her eye on for the past few months! A girl could only dream...

So, lately I've been just trying to wrap my mind around how to make a story based on the Black mirror's episode "Nosedive" work. There are quite a few ideas that pop into mind, but they should be properly shaped up with the right partner.
An option is for her to accept to be trained to be the perfect woman, to rise in the scoring system by someone WAY outside her score, and it could easily take a turn for the dark since he could very well blackmail her into doing anything and everything he desired her to in her training with the very real threat of getting her number so low she'd lose even what she had achieved before meeting him.

Another option would be for her to fall in love with someone she shouldn't and have to try and keep it hidden from the world, in fear that her lifestyle would crumble to pieces.

But then again, I'm more than welcome to ideas and if anyone is interested, please do send me a PM, don't post here!

Becca