Interest Check for a Fatal Frame themed group RP.

Started by MabFaerie, January 31, 2013, 06:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on February 10, 2013, 12:32:55 PM
Just curious, but is this game no longer looking for players, or is their place or two needing to be filled in by a male char?  ^_^

If we were closing applications, we would post here and lock the thread. :-)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Cosmo_ac

Well, i do like to fill in openings ^_^  I admit, i was a big fan of the second game, and played some of the third, so I am familiar with the game series and mechanics. 

Do we have any idea yet as to what the general setting/plot is at this point?

persephone325

Quote from: Cosmo_ac on February 10, 2013, 12:41:27 PM
Well, i do like to fill in openings ^_^  I admit, i was a big fan of the second game, and played some of the third, so I am familiar with the game series and mechanics. 

Do we have any idea yet as to what the general setting/plot is at this point?

Yes. We're just generating interest at this point and having people submit a character sheet to us. Once we get enough interest, we'll reveal the plot. :-) It's a surprise for everyone.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

MabFaerie

Hi Hi Rose~
I'll be making us an OOC thread in about 10 minutes.
I'm just deciding between a couple different names for the title thread first~
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

MabFaerie

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Lumasan

Are you guys still looking for people to play with? *bites lip and awaits an answer anxiously*
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

persephone325

We sure are! There are only a few people at the moment. Some have expressed interest but haven't put up a character yet. Feel free to submit your CS to Mab and myself! ;D
I don't know.

MabFaerie

Yes, we still have some open spots. Please feel free to join! Just send a character sheet to Persephone and I as soon as you can. =)

Devil's Advocate

I'm looking to expand my E horizons and this has caught my interest more than anything else out there right now.  It appears that you're still recruiting.  If you are, please tell me if you're looking for something in particular to join the game or have a character type preference and I will create something tomorrow or at latest on the weekend.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

persephone325

I don't think we're looking for anything in particular, but I can't speak for Mab. We're still looking for players. So please feel free to submit your character to Mab and myself.
I don't know.

Devil's Advocate

I'm sorry.  I was interested in the whole paranormal thing but I don't know much about Japanese culture or this series at all.  I am afraid that I would not be up to this genre.  Perhaps I will catch you somewhere else for some other game. 
O/o's

A/a's

MabFaerie

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on February 14, 2013, 11:16:16 PM
I'm sorry.  I was interested in the whole paranormal thing but I don't know much about Japanese culture or this series at all.  I am afraid that I would not be up to this genre.  Perhaps I will catch you somewhere else for some other game.

Actually, Devils Advocate, knowledge of the series or of Japanese lore is not required to join the game. We have a few people who have never played Fatal Frame at all, even. The plot we're working with is entirely original in its concept, no prior knowledge is needed. Persephone and I designed it so that even non-fatal frame fans could join and play. If you're looking for a game with a paranormal twist, you'll find that here.

Lumasan

Okay, just to make sure, do you want me to pm you the character or just post it here? I'm finally about to get to work on it. *sweatdrops*

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

persephone325

PM it to both Mab and myself, please. :-) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
I don't know.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: MabFaerie on February 15, 2013, 06:35:18 PM
Actually, Devils Advocate, knowledge of the series or of Japanese lore is not required to join the game. We have a few people who have never played Fatal Frame at all, even. The plot we're working with is entirely original in its concept, no prior knowledge is needed. Persephone and I designed it so that even non-fatal frame fans could join and play. If you're looking for a game with a paranormal twist, you'll find that here.

Hm.  Well, I'll give it a bit of thought.  I feel, how shall we say it, a bit outmatched, though.
O/o's

A/a's

Lumasan

Being a roleplayer... these fives make me feel like my character is a bit over powered. >.> Even though they each mean something differently.

persephone325

Quote from: Lumasan on February 15, 2013, 07:24:44 PM
Being a roleplayer... these fives make me feel like my character is a bit over powered. >.> Even though they each mean something differently.
Since Missy Mab is at work, I'll fill in and answer questions. Alrighty.

The last two options (Superstition and Mental/Emotional Stability) are just personal preference. They don't have to balance out with the other choices. The first four options, however, SHOULD balance each other out and make sense with your character's back story.

For example, a professional body builder most likely wouldn't have a high photography skill. Nor would it make sense for them to have a low physical fitness score. It just wouldn't make sense, right? Try not to worry about it too much anyway. When you message us your character sheet, we'll worry about the numbers and point out if anything looks unbalanced.

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on February 15, 2013, 07:05:16 PM
Hm.  Well, I'll give it a bit of thought.  I feel, how shall we say it, a bit outmatched, though.
It might help if you take a look at the Fatal Frame article I wrote for the Elliquiy Herald & Post.
I don't know.

MabFaerie

It's been a few days since I've heard anything from you, so I was wondering are any of you still interested in joining or did you change your minds? =(

Lumasan

Darnit it didn't post what I had to say (Stupid interwebs and series of foul tubes! Curse-ed thee!). I have been really busy in the last week (father got ill with what we though was pnuemonia nad it was his heart giving him problems, he went into surgery last week) hence the lack of time to put together my profile. :/ I am still working on it, but if you wanted to start without me or what not, don't feel like you need to wait on me. :/

persephone325

Quote from: Lumasan on February 25, 2013, 11:16:37 PM
Darnit it didn't post what I had to say (Stupid interwebs and series of foul tubes! Curse-ed thee!). I have been really busy in the last week (father got ill with what we though was pnuemonia nad it was his heart giving him problems, he went into surgery last week) hence the lack of time to put together my profile. :/ I am still working on it, but if you wanted to start without me or what not, don't feel like you need to wait on me. :/

Sorry to hear that. :( I have a family member in the hospital as well. My thoughts are with you, and take all the time you need. We're starting out slow.
I don't know.

Ashena

Can I show extreme interest in medium who has a huge disadvantage such as blindness? Though she can feel where the presence of the ghost is and still communicate with it. I think it could be really fun to play and pose a challenge.

persephone325

Quote from: Ashena on February 26, 2013, 02:15:04 AM
Can I show extreme interest in medium who has a huge disadvantage such as blindness? Though she can feel where the presence of the ghost is and still communicate with it. I think it could be really fun to play and pose a challenge.

I say go for it. But I'll let Mab have the final say. :-)
I don't know.

Ashena