Werewolf: the Apocalypse

Started by Datawych, July 15, 2013, 09:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So, I'm trying to decide between a Glass Walker and a Shadow Lord. Thoughts, anyone?

EDIT: Oh, and now Silent Strider.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Muse

So, we have a GM? 

How many applicants?  Enough that some will be discarded?  Enough that it would help if I could find a second GM to split the players between? 

Is there a game pitch we can tailor our applications too?  I was waiting 'til I knew what and where we were playing before I submitted one.  New York City tends to produce different people than small town New Mexico, after all. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

spooky

I would like to play... is there still room?
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Muse

Oh!  I've got to say, I really love the opening comic for the 20th anniversary edition.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Datawych

Quote from: Shadow879 on July 18, 2013, 10:23:35 AM
It just bothers me that all the tribes seem pretentious as fuck, and the ones that aren't are either not respected or of a non-combatant philosophy.
What're a few that you're most interested in? Like, say you absolutely had to choose a tribe, what would your top 3/4 be? The way the tribes are presented really does make them come off as incredibly proud assholes, but they only really describe them as stereotypes, and there will be a lot of different viewpoints within each tribe. You have to remember that for each battle-crazy Get ahroun, there are also Get Ragabash, Get Theruges, Get Philodox, Get Galliards, etc. I like to try to extract one "gem" about any tribe I'm considering that would make me proud to be in that tribe.

Ex.

Bone Gnawers: "Crazy job they gave me. But if I wasn't doing it, someone else would be. And they might get it wrong."

Children of Gaia: "Without knowing Rage, one could not know peace. Just do not let Rage become all there is."

Fianna: "Their passions burn as hot as the sun. Unfortunately for their enemies, so does their Rage."

Get of Fenris: "We should not shy away from this war. We must fight. We must fight, because no one else will."

Glass Walkers: "Wyrm creatures have adapted to thrive in civilization, so we did as well."

Shadow Lords: "Their schemes against the other tribes are treacherous, which is why they are not friends. Their schemes against the Wyrm are brilliant, which is why we haven’t cut them down."

Silver Fangs: "They all claim to be descended from heroes. Occasionally they prove it."

Uktena: "The best way to defeat your enemy is to know your enemy."

Wendigo: "The fact that they still haven't forgiven the other tribes proves they will never give up the fight against the Wyrm."

Just my 2 cents.

Also, at current count (assuming I didn't count wrong), there are 8 people who've expressed interest in being PCs, and pack size is 3 - 5 (with 5 being a rarity), so as of right now I'm gonna say that recruiting is closed, at least until we can figure something out.

BlackRose

I love the idea of starting somewhat before the first change. For people that don't have a lot of experience with Werewolf, even in relatively unstructured play, playing through the first change is often an enlightening and fun experience. Think about how you would react if someone cut in front of you in line at the super market. Suddenly your anger started to surge, more so than you have ever experienced in your life. You swing your fist at them only to find that your fist is connected to a very well muscled and somewhat furry arm, parts of you changing in different times.

One note as to the pretentious nature of the Garou Nation: Garou are a proud people. They have been given the gift of communion with the earth mother, Gaia, the Moon, Luna, and the sun, Helios. They have the ability to see into the world of spirits and know that everything in the world, even technology, is governed by spirits. A clever garou can enter the umbra and negotiate with a weaver spirit to unlock a door they do not hold the key for or convince an earth spirit to rise up and create steps to climb. They live by a set of laws, The Litany. Failure to adhere to The Litany offers harsh punishments, up to and including having your tribe stripped from you.

Garou are very social creatures, as are many canines. They live by the pack and die by the pack. Anything that threatens the pack is dealt with, swiftly. Sometimes brute force is required; other times a soft word. One thing that may help is an understanding of the very core of the Garou belief.

While many tales exist of this legend, I will share one mainly, and briefly mention the second, because it will be useful to anyone considering the Red Talon point of view.

Like Gaia, Luna, and Helios, The Wyld, Weaver, and Wyrm are supposed to remain in balance at all times. In one of the more prominent legends of how things came to be the way they are now, The Wyld was the first to create things on the planet. These things were plants, and plants grew endlessly. With nothing to consume them, they went unchecked. The Weaver was the Shaper, and went to the Wyld and asked for things to change. The Wyld agreed and created herbivores to eat the plants. However, like the plants themselves, the Herbivores lacked self control, and soon spread out of control.

Realizing that balance could not be attained alone, the Weaver sought the Wyrm, the destroyer, who possessed cunning. Together, the Weaver's patience and the Wyrm's cunning formed predators that would keep the herds in check, and balance was restored. Time passed. The Wyld created forests and mountains and rivers. The Weaver patterned these things into works of art and beauty, and the Wyrm eroded and destroyed them so that the slate could be made anew. The Weaver, patient as she was, worked tirelessly to continue shaping new and beautiful works of art, only to have the Wyrm destroy them. After a time, she could take no more. The Weaver spun a web so intricate and beautiful as a trap for the Wyrm. When it came time to be destroyed, the Wyrm crawled up into the web and got stuck. Unable to destroy it, and unable to escape, the Wyrm went insane. Instead of destroying, the Wyrm could only corrupt.

Now the Wyrm seeks to corrupt all. Black Spiral Dancers are the Garou that have fallen to the Wyrm. Vampires are humans who have been corrupted as well. As protectors of Gaia, the chosen warriors given all the strength and gifts to protect the land and its people, The Garou stand tall and proud against the Wyrm.

Now, some Tribes can be a bit pretentious. Every tribe has it's quirks. Mostly, the members of a tribe are very similar to fans of a sports team. Every one of them is proud to be who they are and often seeks advantage over other teams, especially for prime candidates to become members, or fertile land to call home. Some tribes even have certain traits that really set them apart. Silver Fangs, for example pride themselves on how pure their breeding has been. Like royalty, however, there aren't really enough genes to go around and there are often some kind of mental derangement. Silent Striders are messengers who always get the job done. Get of Fenris are usually the front line soldiers, first into combat leading the charge. Every one of them are proud to be who they are.

For the Red Talons, if anyone is interested, the legend is told a little differently...

As the Wyld created plants and the herds, so too did the Wyld create humans. These prey animals were bipedal and ate plants. As the predators were created to keep the prey in check, the Wyrm disguised itself as a serpent and appeared before a young human male one day as he sat watching a herd grazing. The human was so frightened of the serpent, fearing for his life, that when the Wyrm struck and killed one of the herd animals and commanded the human eat of the flesh and grow strong the boy did as he was told. The flesh of the beast filled him with strength as the Wyrm explained that if the boy fashioned weapons, he could hunt like the predators, for man had no natural weapons.

Thus, humans became predators with neither the cunning nor patience required to keep their own species in check. As a timeless being, The Wyrm waited until Gaia gave birth to the Garou. At the time, all Garou were born as wolves. As the Garou gained in numbers, they spread. One garou female strayed too far from her pack and found herself in human territory. Being a predator, she understood a level of respect for other predators and tried to retreat. These humans were not predators, however. They were just prey with weapons and fear. A predator would have chased this lone wolf out of it's territory. The humans hunted and killed her well beyond the territory they occupied in fear she would return.

Outraged by this, Gaia sought the council of the Wyld, Weaver, and Wyrm. The solution was offered by the Wyrm, to allow the Garou to take on human form and mate with humans. If they looked like humans, they would not be feared. Gaia agreed, and thus were Garou given their Homid form.

The Red Talons understand this as a mistake. Humans are prey and should be treated as such. They will learn their place, one way or another.
Questions are dangerous, for questions have answers.

Rules/Ons and Offs

"Romantics... The original Emos..." ~Storiwyr

Anon315

BlackRose, would you have a problem with a kinfolk? I realize that others are going to be going through their first change, my initial reaction is that one of the homid garou could have a sibling who either hasn't yet changed or straight up isn't going to change. Perhaps an older brother who has accepted his place in the world, or even a more distant relation. Cousin, etc., anyone from a good line.

Datawych

Been thinking about it more, and now I'm trying to decide between:

• Metis Silver Fang Theurge
  • Metis Child of Gaia Philodox
  • Metis Uktena Philodox

Anon315

Quote from: Datawych on July 19, 2013, 04:42:55 AM

• Metis Silver Fang Theurge
  • Metis Child of Gaia Philodox
  • Metis Uktena Philodox

And I thought I loved my Metis. I only play them because it's the only way men can be furies. ((BTW, best LARP EVER!!!! Loved being a man-hating man. Was hilarious.))

BlackRose

It has been my understanding in my years of play that kinfolk are "breeding stock" that are often attached very, very closely to the pack. Either human or wolf, they are often deeply ingrained in the daily life of the Cairne. I have no problem with people playing kinfolk as long as they can clearly establish their place within the group and stick to it. Humans are squishy and Garou in Crinos form (full war werewolf for those unfamiliar) can be particularly deadly even when not meaning to. Kinfolk can of course defend their homes, if so needed, but why would you send out a squishy human when the warriors of Gaia are there.

I've seen a lot of tribes treat their Kinfolk as family. Others treat them little better than property. As long as you establish your role and be consistent, I am happy with someone playing a kinfolk. This is pretty much true for anything else, as well.

I find the best part about being the GM of a game like this is that there isn't really a need for excessive dice throwing if people are not constantly dungeon crawling. Sure, Garou games are often about being a combat monkey, but they really don't need to be.

Participating in Rights, taking spirit quests, interaction with spirits, and the Moot... Oh my, the Moot. I hope that we can figure out a way to do something like that at least once.

Rules/Ons and Offs

Shadow879

Quote from: BlackRose on July 19, 2013, 04:54:11 AM
It has been my understanding in my years of play that kinfolk are "breeding stock" that are often attached very, very closely to the pack. Either human or wolf, they are often deeply ingrained in the daily life of the Cairne. I have no problem with people playing kinfolk as long as they can clearly establish their place within the group and stick to it. Humans are squishy and Garou in Crinos form (full war werewolf for those unfamiliar) can be particularly deadly even when not meaning to. Kinfolk can of course defend their homes, if so needed, but why would you send out a squishy human when the warriors of Gaia are there.

I've seen a lot of tribes treat their Kinfolk as family. Others treat them little better than property. As long as you establish your role and be consistent, I am happy with someone playing a kinfolk. This is pretty much true for anything else, as well.

I find the best part about being the GM of a game like this is that there isn't really a need for excessive dice throwing if people are not constantly dungeon crawling. Sure, Garou games are often about being a combat monkey, but they really don't need to be.

Participating in Rights, taking spirit quests, interaction with spirits, and the Moot... Oh my, the Moot. I hope that we can figure out a way to do something like that at least once.

"squishy..."

I giggled. Also, the last WoD game I played was mostly freeform, combat was entirely freeform... we just had a sort of loose "leveling" system that worked in real-time.

Also, side note (ahem): Perhaps we could start with a Moot :P If anyone remembers Sept of the Emerald Glade (RIP), it started that way :D

Quote from: BlackRose on July 18, 2013, 12:46:03 PM
*Edited to mention this:

One game I played in offered an alternative to picking certain things. If anyone is really on the fence about it, the GM of that game asked for the submission of a character history. This was only available to Homid garou who has no knowledge of the Garou Nation prior to their first change. Based on character history, and the actions you took during your first change, the GM would assign you an auspice and a tribe. It was eerily accurate.

I am not particularly set on playing a Rhonin, I just do not want to be a stereotype. I will probably go with a Fianna Ahroun, if I must choose something.

"Traditionally, Fianna hail from the Emerald Isles...."    Can I ignore that part? Everything else about the Fianna is good.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Anon315

Quote from: Shadow879 on July 19, 2013, 05:54:55 AM
"Traditionally, Fianna hail from the Emerald Isles...."    Can I ignore that part? Everything else about the Fianna is good.

That key first word. So you go against tradition. Oh noes.

Shadow879

Quote from: Anon315 on July 19, 2013, 05:57:20 AM
That key first word. So you go against tradition. Oh noes.

True story.

BlackRose

Yep. I talked with Datawych a little about this and probably will more when we have more time, but it might be best to do a standard character sheet for the character anyway, even though it will be less structured overall. Character sheets are useful for reminding players what their characters can do in terms of gifts and such. One thing to keep in mind as an Ahroun, they are born under the full moon. They have the most rage at baseline. Rage makes you angry and irritable.

The best thing about less structured is that you don't have to worry about dice rolls to resolve things about your character that you feel comfortable determining for yourself. So long as you are consistent, it works really well. As a newly changed Fianna Ahroun, it won't make sense to be the epitome of calm.

One thing that I feel is very worth mentioning if anyone hasn't played a standard W:tA game with a GM who has done it before is that Tribe is assigned (for almost every character) when you complete the Rite of Passage. For new players, starting with the first change, you start as a "cub" new to the Garou nation. You start with only your breed gift, which manifests itself during your first change. Over the course of gameplay you learn the Litany, what to do and what not to do. You accept it and make it a part of who you are. You do chores, you listen, you learn. As you gain your auspice gift, you gain a better understanding of what  it means to be Garou, to be a Theurge, or a Philodox. Because auspice is determined by the moon under which your character was born (also the same moon of your first change), it is known and that's just what it is. After learning the Litany, proving yourself a useful member of a sept/cairne, learning how to enter (and more importantly leave) the umbra, and learning your auspice gift, you can start to undergo the rite of passage. This is incredibly important because this is a ritual, often involving a series of tests and puzzles and challenges. One creative GM I knew years ago had a flowchart made of some 10-12. Characters had to navigate their way through the puzzles with a series of methods. Failure to complete the rite meant you weren't ready and were still a cub and had more to learn. The puzzles narrowed down tribe and as you finished the rite of passage, you were recruited into a tribe. If people are willing, I could do much the same here.

Don't stress overmuch on choosing a tribe for now unless you know exactly what type of character you want to play. Just keep in mind that if you choose your tribe ahead of time, you are doing so because you like what that tribe represents. There is an ideal stereotype for each tribe. You don't have to fit it perfectly but that tribe is your home family. Your tribe identifies you. If you don't fit in with your tribe, you will find yourself shunted to another tribe. Thankfully, Children of Gaia accept all kinds. If anyone is waffling about not knowing where they would fit in, you could always be a Child of Gaia.

What you should hopefully try to avoid is playing something completely anti-stereotype. An example of this would be playing an introverted Fianna Galliard who hates talking to new people. Galliards are story tellers. I like to picture them telling stories of great deeds and heroic acts, often embellishing a little, but always trying to interact with new people and tell their tales for the purpose of entertaining. Fianna are the same way in that they love to tell stories and socialize. You don't have to be Irish, you just have to love telling stories and be good at it. Another example would be a Glass walker Theurge that lived in the middle of the woods and hated big cities. I have even seen someone play a fairly convincing Male Homid born Black Fury, but they played it so true to the Black Fury archetype that it was acceptable. The key with Black Furies being that they are staunch defenders of the Wyld and understand that all women have been seriously discriminated by the patriarchal male run society.

The key is just to look at all the archetypes, starting with breed, then auspice, then tribe, and pick the one you think you can make a character fit into. Going into any system with a premade character is hard. Even if the game is run with no dice at all, it is still a structured game where things like gifts and rites actually do matter. Things like Rage and Willpower and Gnosis matter. It doesn't make sense to use the Theurge gift Mother's Touch to heal someone's wounds repeatedly without rest if you're homid born and only have one gnosis, since that's what it costs to use it. It doesn't make sense to travel into the umbra for the first time and know and understand this strange new world you are in. It doesn't make sense to use rank 3 and rank 4 gifts if you're a cub. If you have a character that you want to make fit into a world of darkness game like this, you might want to or need to fudge a few details here or there. Otherwise, make a new character and love every minute of it. You can't necessarily control the events in your life that have made you who you are today, but you can control how they impacted you and what you are today, if that makes any sense at all :D

Rules/Ons and Offs

TheRaven

So, I went with a Homid Glass Walker Ragabash and got my sheet all worked out. He tends bar when he's not hacking.  :P
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Shadow879

Thank you for being patient with me, everyone, especially Blackrose :) I'm still new to WtA.

I had forgotten all about playing a cub. I did that in the last game I was in and had a blast doing my rite of passage and everything, and would like to do it again. So I'm done waffling about tribe, that can be figured out later.

Anon315

As stated before, planning to play a kinfolk. I'm still working on whether a) He knows he's a kinfolk and is keyed in about everything, or b) He witnesses a first change, doesn't succumb to delirium, and thinks he's going crazy.

BlackRose

I've spent some time talking with Datawych about the game and we've fleshed out a few details.

One, I will be GMing the game. I will be approving character sheets, with a second opinion on them by Datawych if I'm just not sure for some reason. Please make your characters plausible.

In an effort to avoid excessive dice rolling, I highly, highly recommend you filling out a character sheet for your character. There is a pretty good interactive 4 page sheet that I found that works pretty well. I'm not really enforcing hard limitations, but if you want to know what is generally standard and want a link to the sheet to fill out easily, just PM me and I'll provide all the details that I'm looking for. Characters should be submitted to me for approval and once we have the requisite characters we can start the game.

I plan to avoid dice rolling at any cost. If there is combat, I have your character sheets and I make the enemies. If there is a reason to be concerned, we can look at dice, but otherwise, good roleplay and character advantage will be enough to avoid the dice. Learn gifts early and often. Learn to use them. Be creative. Roleplay your way out of situations and combat.

Hopefully we won't need to do this ever, but if large groups of people are stuck in some combat because one person isn't posting, we may need to find a way to remove you from the scene so others can keep playing. As everyone will start as cubs, this is most easily done by quoting a lack of control with the Umbra. It is easy to slip into it on accident if need be.

The setting is to be determined by vote among accepted characters. I will provide several cities and which tribe runs the Cairne nearby. Members can choose the starting Cairne from the list or suggest another one.

I would really prefer that the 3-5 people who form the pack be Garou. I know Anon is interested in playing Kinfolk and I've talked with him already. While I won't generally consider a kinfolk to be part of that limit, I don't want the number of people to grow out of control. So in short, 3-5 total garou, a few extra kinfolk if people want to double up or just play a squishy.

If you are interested in submitting a character idea or a character sheet, please post here or PM me. Any questions about the game can be here or in PM as well. I am more than willing to help fully flesh out the character sheet from a character idea or history, if you need help with that. Keep in mind, the sheets will be mostly for my reference, but also for yours. They help you remember what you can do and what you cannot do, and help me to avoid dice rolls that just clog up the works.

Rules/Ons and Offs

BlackRose

We have two characters confirmed so far. I am setting a deadline right now on applications. Any submitted character sheets in the next week will be considered and if reasonable they will be accepted. If we go over five people we will work with it that way. If we don't have five people, we can start the thread then and just pick up people as they apply.

If you are not familiar with Werewolf the Apocalypse and need assistance with your character sheet, where to get one, how to fill it out, please PM me and let me know. I am very happy to help anyone translate a character history and profile into a sheet. The sheet is mostly for reference. We aren't really using dice for anything.

I love working with people interactively to get the sheet made and am more than happy to send you a copy of the rulebook in PDF form to help you understand what the things on the sheet mean and how they work.

So again, any applications submitted before July 28th will be considered. If they are reasonable, they will be accepted. If we don't have 5 people before then, we will keep considering them until we do. Otherwise, we will close it down on July 28th and just start playing.

Rules/Ons and Offs

Muse

You said we were starting as cubs.  Are we supposed to build the character in the way that they'll be stated after being cubs? 

Sorry for the delay, had a busy few days AND am learning a new lap top. 

BlackRose

I would like it if all of the characters started as cubs. The guide for Werewolf The Apocalypse is a great place to start for how the world is, but the golden rule for any White Wolf system is that the books are just a guideline.

Try to make the character as it would be before getting it's rank. Generally speaking (for this game at least), Tribe is given after the rite of passage. Ranking from cub to Cliath is done at a moot. If a new cub finishes the rite of passage but has not yet ranked up to rank one, it makes sense that they would have their tribe already, and possibly their tribe gift.

If there are any specific questions about what I am looking for, send me a PM and we can chat. If  you submit a character profile with the sheet and everything looks in order, I'll go ahead and confirm it. If I have any questions or would like to have anything explained or expanded on, I'll let you know. The basic idea is, write a character profile for the character you want to play. Then go through the character sheet point for point and see what makes sense to add. If you don't take points in drive, but then role play a chase scene in which you speed through traffic, well, that just doesn't make sense.

Realistic characters are the key.

Rules/Ons and Offs

Datawych

My character sheet, for those interested.  ;D

EDIT: Just noticed that I posted the outdated version of this character sheet. Updated.

Two Souls

TheRaven

Likewise, here's mine. And, if, like me, you can't figure out by what sorcery Datawych got that lovely interactive sheet to cooperate into a format besides a PDF and stays filled out when you try to save it, I've left the code for mine down at the bottom.
Basic Information

Name: Felix E. Valentine
Breed: Homid
Auspice: Ragabash
Tribe: Glass Walkers
Attributes

PhysicalSocialMental
Strength: 2Charisma: 2Perception: 2
Dexterity: 3Manipulation: 3Intelligence: 3
Stamina: 3Appearance: 3Wits (Snappy Retorts): 5
Abilities

TalentsSkillsKnowledges
Alertness: 2Animal-Ken: 0Academics: 0
Athletics: 0Crafts: 0Computer: 3
Brawl: 2Drive: 1Enigmas: 0
Empathy: 1Etiquette: 1Investigation: 0
Intimidation: 0Firearms: 1Law: 0
Intimidation: 0Larceny: 2Medicine: 0
Leadership: 0Melee: 0Occult: 0
Primal-Urge: 1PerformanceRituals: 0
Streetwise: 1Stealth: 2Science: 0
Subterfuge: 3Survival: 0Technology (Computers): 2
Hobby Talent: 0Professional Skill (Bartending): 2Expert Knowledge: 0
Backgrounds

• Contacts: 1
  • Resources: 2
  • Totem: 2
Gifts

Breed Gift: Persuasion
Auspice Gift: Open Seal
Tribe Gift: Plug and Play
Merits and Flaws

Merits
Computer Aptitude (Mental, 1 pt.): You are familiar with and talented in the uses of computer equipment. All rolls involving computers (hardware, software, or opersations) are at -2 difficulty for you.
Animal Magnetism (Social, 2 pt.): Others of your breed (humans if you're homid, wolves if you're lupis; metis should pick either humans or wolves, not Garou) find you especially attractive. Your rolls to attract, persuade, charm, or seduce those individuals is at -2 difficulty. This effect does not apply to threatening or intimidating actions.

Flaws
Strict Carnivore (Physical, 1 pt.): "Vegetarian" is just another way of saying "lazy hunter." Vegetables and grains give you no nutritional benefit; you can only subsist on meat -- the closer to raw, the better. You have real problems in areas where meat is scarce.
Enemy (Social, 1 pt.): You have acquired an enemy (one or more individuals) that not only knows what you are, but also has power of their own. The 1-point version of this flaw may signify that your enemy is another Garou of your own rank who has taken a strong dislike towards you or blames you for some past wrong. The 3-point version may represent a pack of Black Spiral Dancers who bear a particular grudge against you or a small group of supernaturally potent werewolf hunters who may have tagged you as a specific target. A 5-point enemy may mean that you have angered one of the legends of Garou society or a powerful elder vampire. (See Other for details)
Persistent Parents (Social, 2 pt.): Most werewolves, unless they have Kinfolk parents, sacrifice their family ties after the First Change, in order to protect the Veil. Your parents, however, have not given up on you. They may be ignorant of your new life, suspecting instead that you have run away, joined a cult, or been kidnapped. They may instead have ties to Pentex or other organizations with ulterior motives in locating you. Only homids may take this flaw.
Banned Transformation (Supernatural, 1 pt.): Some circumstance, event, or situation inhibits your ability to change forms, except to return to your breed form. To overcome the restricting factor require the expenditure of a Willpower point and a successful Willpower roll (difficulty 8). (See Other for details)
Other

• Glory: 0
  • Honor: 0
  • Wisdom: 3
  • Rage: 1
  • Gnosis: 3
  • Willpower: 4

Enemy: One night, Felix cut off a particularly rowdy drunk and was later forced to pretty much throw him out on his ass. Little did Felix know, this particular customer would not only take it personally, but would also be a Garou Felix would later meet.
Banned Transformation: Felix feels very at-home and relaxed in the bar where he works, and any music typical to the bar's live smooth jazz will lock up his transformative abilities.

Code

[spoiler=Basic Information]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Auspice:[/b]
[b]Tribe:[/b]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Attributes]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Physical[/b][/td]
[td][b]Social[/b][/td]
[td][b]Mental[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Strength:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Charisma:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Perception:[/i] 1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Dexterity:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Manipulation:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Intelligence:[/i] 1[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Stamina:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Appearance:[/i] 1[/td]
[td][i]Wits:[/i] 1[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Talents[/b][/td]
[td][b]Skills[/b][/td]
[td][b]Knowledges[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Alertness:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Animal-Ken:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Academics:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Athletics:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Crafts:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Computer:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Brawl:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Drive:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Enigmas:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Empathy:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Etiquette:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Investigation:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Intimidation:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Firearms:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Law:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Intimidation:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Larceny:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Medicine:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Leadership:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Melee:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Occult:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Primal-Urge:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Performance:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Rituals:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Streetwise:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Stealth:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Science:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Subterfuge:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Survival:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Technology (Computers):[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][i]Hobby Talent:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Professional Skill:[/i] 0[/td]
[td][i]Expert Knowledge:[/i] 0[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Backgrounds]
[list]
[li][b]Background:[/b] Dots[/li]
[/list]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Gifts]
[b]Breed Gift:[/b]
[b]Auspice Gift:[/b]
[b]Tribe Gift:[/b]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Merits and Flaws]
[b]Merits[/b]
[i]Merit (Type, Cost):[/i] Description goes here.

[b]Flaws[/b]
[i]Flaw (Type, Bonus):[/i] Description goes here.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other]
[list]
[li][b]Glory:[/b] [/li]
[li][b]Honor:[/b] [/li]
[li][b]Wisdom:[/b] [/li]
[li][b]Rage:[/b] [/li]
[li][b]Gnosis:[/b] [/li]
[li][b]Willpower:[/b] [/li]
[/list]
[/spoiler]

BlackRose

Fantastic, that makes three characters approved at this point. We have a ragabash, theurge, and galliard. Still looking for that philodox and ahroun, or anything really. We don't need to have a perfect balance to run with this.

Again, until the 28th, I'll be approving any number of applicants with reasonable histories and sheets as long as it stays within reason.

Please submit the sheet with history by PM, once you're approved, feel free to post the sheet here. so others can see who is in the game.

Special thanks to Raven for the code. As to the interactive sheet, if you find it online, you can fill it out and screen shot it. It's not optimal, but it works. It might be possible to use a specialized PDF program to save it. I don't know if Grapevine allows for table top sheets or not... I haven't looked at it in a while.

Rules/Ons and Offs

Datawych

Quote from: TheRaven on July 22, 2013, 12:51:25 PM
Datawych got that lovely interactive sheet to cooperate into a format
An annoying process that involved downloading the PDF to a local machine, filling out the markup in Adobe Reader, opening the PDF in Photoshop, then saving both pages as images. Not hard... Just not intuitive and mildly annoying.

EDIT: So, like BlackRose said, we currently have 3 characters who have applied and been accepted.

TheRaven - Homid Glass Walker Ragabash [Rank 1 for story reasons]
Datawych - Metis Theurge [Rank/Tribe not yet acquired]
LukaWolf - Homid Galliard [Rank/Tribe not yet acquired]

As for pending characters, I believe Muse has one in the works.