Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

2DS is a cash grab at the parents who heard 3DS is bad for their kids eyes.  Not to mention the developers hate the 3D format they have to add to the games on 3DS.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Oniya

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 20, 2013, 12:03:14 AM
3DS games are also far larger than DS games :P

Well, the whole 3D aspect does tend to take up more than 2D graphics of the same quality.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Koren

You also realize that the 3ds is immensely more powerful then the DS when it comes to specs, even without the 3d processing, and that the 3d aspect is not at all required for developers publishing to the 3ds.

The engine for 3ds games, and the format they are in are completely different. Yes they borrow elements from the game format and builds that they used with the DS because it worked well, but its still vastly different.

The 2DS is cheaper because they removed so much technology, but is still incredibly more powerful then a DS and it needs to be because of the games that it will be required to run, and they wanted a console that was a lot cheaper to help boost the sales, because they screwed themselves over by releasing the 3DSXL so early.

Saying that they are the effectively same system is like saying the PS2 is just an upgraded PS1. Very different when you get down to the technical side of it

Tsenta

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Shouron

Hey, anyone have a Magician Fennekin or a Bulletproof Chespin I could snag? I can't find one for the life of me.
When you look at yourself in the mirror, who is it that stares back at you?

Suiko

Would anyone be willing to send me a ditto? I'm at the center and could start breeding. Fennekin, Squirtle, Charmander, Snorlax (unless you need incense for baby Munchlax).

But yeah, anyone?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Shouron

I got one for ya, Khoraz. PM me your friend code and I'll send it to ya right away.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shouron on October 20, 2013, 08:17:49 AM
Hey, anyone have a Magician Fennekin or a Bulletproof Chespin I could snag? I can't find one for the life of me.

You do know since those abilities are hella rare you'd normally be forking over a legendary right?

Suiko

Okay I just now have all Kalos and Kanto starters. If anyone wants me to breed one let me know.  :-)
Also both fossil pokes.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

The starters can easily get you the friend safari pokemon, I'd use them for the gts and keep breeding till you get the rare ability for the starters.

Shouron

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 20, 2013, 11:44:13 AM
You do know since those abilities are hella rare you'd normally be forking over a legendary right?

Not really, considering I have a Protean Froakie already I can basically do an even swap.

Suiko

Grr. I hate sending starters to get a damn stupid monkey in return ><
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shouron on October 20, 2013, 12:27:02 PM
Not really, considering I have a Protean Froakie already I can basically do an even swap.

Not if they have one.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 20, 2013, 12:30:46 PM
Grr. I hate sending starters to get a damn stupid monkey in return ><

Don't use wonder trade with starters.  Use the GTS.

Shouron

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 20, 2013, 12:35:13 PM
Not if they have one.

That's kind of the point, no? If everyone had every hidden ability, then why would anyone need to trade for it?

Suiko

The GTS is weird though. How are you supposed to let the other person yes or no? It seems odd to me.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 20, 2013, 12:47:03 PM
The GTS is weird though. How are you supposed to let the other person yes or no? It seems odd to me.

They don't yes or no, put your pokemon up and request a pokemon with gender if it matters and level.  The pokemon you put up there will be taken from you as if you've already chosen to trade it.

Suiko

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 20, 2013, 12:55:15 PM
They don't yes or no, put your pokemon up and request a pokemon with gender if it matters and level.  The pokemon you put up there will be taken from you as if you've already chosen to trade it.
Huh? Hmm clearly I haven't been doing this right...
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Tsenta

Tested my phone's wifi connectivity, worked with my DS so hopefully I might be getting a 3DS from a friend here this month. So next month I can buy X/Y and get to it.  I keep reading boards and stuff on X/Y and it's just making me want them that much more. X_X
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Chris Brady

I hear ya!  I so want a 2DS and either game myself.  Curse my being broke!

* Chris Brady shakes fist to the heavens!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Suiko

It'll be all the better for waiting ^^

But it is definitely a peak in the series... even if Eevees seem to take forever to hatch ><
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Suiko

Also asking entirely out of ignorance and being a novice to IV/EV breeding shenanigans, how do you get a pokemon with its hidden ability?

Is it entirely chance whenever you breed? Does the parent have to be male or female woth a ditto?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 21, 2013, 12:33:57 PM
Also asking entirely out of ignorance and being a novice to IV/EV breeding shenanigans, how do you get a pokemon with its hidden ability?

Is it entirely chance whenever you breed? Does the parent have to be male or female woth a ditto?

Breed with a pokemon of its same egg group.  Also everstone I've been hearing plays a huge part in breeding in this game.  Though I've noticed that if you use the everstone, your hatchlings will have the same stats as the mother.  So if you have a female with perfect IV and a beneficial nature, put the everstone on her before putting her in the daycare.

Suiko

Everstone only passes on the mothers nature. I'm talking about hidden abilities. I heard you can only gwt them from Friend Zones post-game...?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -