Navigating the hedges: Thorne's RP ideas.

Started by Thorne, February 10, 2013, 07:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

At present, I am available for forum RP, and I am not picky about the gender of the person I play opposite - if you can write, and you think you want to write with me, I could care less about your physical plumbing; interior, exterior or something entirely else.  8-)

I am not available for IM-based or email-RPs. This is not negotiable, and there will be no exceptions.
Interested parties should read my O/O's carefully, and understand that, if I make exceptions, they will be just that - exceptions. This is important, because I don't make that many of them. ;p

I'm open to transporting one of these to a small group, but someone looking specifically for that might want to look at my small groups post.

I've split this up a bit, to make it a little easier to find things. Follow the pretty links.
Anything titled in glowy purple? Current (more or less) craving.

Not Specific to Setting/Fandom

Things that I haven't really got any plot ideas for, but could be fun: Unless otherwise stated, I am likely to be playing a woman. ;p
The huntress and the werewolf (I did have an idea, using the oWoD setting. A Red Talon sept doing a little ... experiment with some of the local human Kinfolk...)
A naive priestess and her worldly bodyguard.
An innocent woman and a beastial humanoid - orc, ogre ... or so. Tieflings, satyrs or such things are also possibilities.

Caught by the raiding party! - You control a handful of fierce raiders, human or not, all male. My character has to deal with this, or not. Might work better as a group thread.
Last man standing. Last survivor of a group of intrepid troubleshooters face to face with trouble.
Anti-heroes anonymous? Someone who doesn't quite fit the notion of 'good person' dealing with a nosy do-gooder trying to 'redeem' her, while she either puts up with it, or educates him. Or both.
Bridge over Troubled Waters: They always said that bridge was haunted. What if it's not? What if it's a Troll Bridge? A runaway with no better options might have preferred the ghost to the troll who's idea of a toll involves something she might not want to give.
Chosen of Prophecy: They always raised them ignorant. Naive, untutored, isolated. The warlock laughed softly, looking at the idyllic setting, the lovely rolling grounds, the beautiful old manor house. How easy it had been to find a way in. How easy it had been to tempt her. The prophecy would come true, and she would be his, and darkness would take the world; she had the mark, but not the training to use it.
Cat and Mouse: The hunter's greatest risk, to become that which they hunt. A narrow path to tread, with prey as deadly as the hunter herself.

Plot Bunnies:

Post-apoc fantastic, probably set on the border of what used to be Russia:
   The year is 2020, and the world has ended. A new ice age has come and gone and left in its wake chaos and wonder. Creatures of myth once again wander the changed landscapes. Entire cities have fallen or vanished and whole cultures have both risen and fallen in the wake of the ice.    In the midst of this chaos, a survivor - a young man who all but grew up in one of the ugliest gulags that ever existed - stumbling over a girl with the potential to change everything, if she could just control what she has, or even figure out how to unlock it.

Setting/fandom Specific
Many of these, although they are listed as specifics, can be written in generic settings - I'm flexible like that.

Marvel

Avengers (Movie):
I noticed something. The city's under attack by aliens, the shit's hit the fan in all the directions - and there's not a mutant to be seen /anywhere/. Where are they, and what are they doing?

What do you mean, I was only the distraction?:
If you can't take a hero down any other way, you manipulate him. But what about the person used for the manipulation?
Is she innocent? Or just another villain out for whatever she can get?
A young mutant with (amongst others) a powerful empathic talent, mostly self-blocked, is the perfect target for someone planning such a manipulation. Can she find a way to clear herself? Or is she going to fall, like all the rest..?
There's a trio of images below that goes with this particular plot-bunny.

Eberron

Hunter, Hunted:
Werewolves usually run in packs. One alone is an easy target ... or.. is she?

That's Just Uncivilised!:
Take one priestess of the Host. Add a dose of naiveté and a cup of innocence. Add hobgoblins. Stir well.

Battletech

I am less interested in the large-scale combat and more in the people/culture clashes. Invasion Era. AUs in which the Jihad mess didn't happen, or there wasn't a huge dust up between Wolves and Falcons - or hell, what if Comstar lost Tukayyid? 

More things in Heaven and Earth:
As any vet will tell you, it's not the equipment that wins battles, it's the guy using it. 
So, when winning is everything, and you lose... what then?

Survival Instincts:
A dyed in the wool Trueborn Crusader, last survivor of an attack gone badly wrong, is now in the hands of the other side, cared for by the inferior hands of the Spheroid garbage he was supposed to defeat.
What can I say. I like putting these close-minded, hide-bound bastards into bad positions, forcing them to adapt their way out or get pasted trying.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Thorne

Warcraft

A setting I am familiar with mostly through WoW. I have enough loremastery to be dangerous, and I am more or less familiar with the major landmarks - more so, from the Horde perspective. *evil smirk*

I have an assortment of suitable characters of most available races and both genders - although my male characters tend to not be nice people. Horde are most likely to be Orc, Troll or B'elf. Alliance are most likely to be Draenei, N'elf, Human or Worgen.
No Pandaren, no Gnomes, no Forsaken. This is non-negotiable.
I'm less than thrilled with Tauren and Goblins. :p

I've started tagging these. Mostly, it is for what I envisioned when I came up with whatever depraved thing. If there's no tag, I didn't have any particular ideas.

Bloodsworn to the Light (Horde, B'elves, possible incest, Wrath/Cata):
Two sin'dorei nobles, brother and sister at the fall of Silvermoon.
She took up the polearm and plate of a paladin, and never looked back.
He fell to darkness, and rose again, dark champion of blood and ice.
She stands now, a champion of the Horde, while he has bided his time.

Healer's dilemma (Alliance, non-con, M/F):
Lillen Moonkissed is a Kal'dorei priestess; a healer. A gentle soul thrust head-first into the churning meat-grinder that is war in the North.

A little Runaway (Horde, Trolls, Cata):
Khadi's life was plotted out, from birth to her death on the altar, a gift to their dark god.
Too bad for them she had no interest in being the blood-god's bride...

Jungle Heat (Faction cross, M/M):
Leather is lovely stuff. The scent, the feel, the sound... but when the temperature goes up, even the hardiest rogue is going to want to shuck his armor.
Of course, when you're spying on the enemy, opportunities to do that are scarce and scarcer, whether you've got an audience or not.

What You Want (Horde, B'elves, M/M):
Sometimes, it really isn't wise to tease. Even if you like the growling that results, it's likely to go south for you sooner or later, when your target decides to call you on it.
Yes, that is a link, and yes, I painted that.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Golarion

Virtue's a weakness:
Not trusting anyone is as good a reason to find reasons to know things. Ever since she strangled her former master, Cyrellia has made it her business to know... everything. Or as much of it as she can manage, without risk to herself. A neutral party, offering nothing without gaining something in return.

Where? Korvosa, Magnimar - even Riddleport.

Virtue's a Weakness - sample starter

Cyrellia arrived a slender figure in ragged leather and wool, pale skin streaked with dirt. Her hair is light - maybe brown, maybe red, possibly blonde - and falls in a ragged curtain over her face, not quite hiding her eyes. A pair of glossy onyx cabochons peer from under that filthy curtain. Cleaned up she is pretty - some might say more than pretty - but her eyes never seem to blink, and their black depths appear unreadable, disturbing most who look upon her.
Time in the city has induced her to dye her hair, and play up her visible traits to the public; the façade of the exotic to keep anyone from looking deeper. At least so far, it has been working.

I use this picture for inspiration for Cyrellia's appearance - she does not have the lip piercing (in fact, while she does have some piercings, none of them are visible while she is fully dressed), and much of the monotone is achieved with makeup.

Cyrellia had been walking for a long time, and her feet hurt. Her legs were sore, her throat was dry and gritty and her pack felt like it weighed ten tons. She licked her lips, and felt her tongue stick to the dry, cracked flesh.
   Should have stayed with me. Torga hissed in her ear. Should have stayed in my bed, in my arms, pretty slave.
   Cyrellia ignored him. Screaming at him had never helped anyway. She kept walking, because she could do nothing else. Kaer Maga was miles behind her, and anywhere else was miles ahead. Every step she took was a step closer to anywhere that wasn't Kaer Maga. However, with nothing better to occupy her mind, and Torga still hissing in her ear, she found her thoughts drifting back along the road, back the way she'd come.
   Back to the silk-draped dim heat of the harem. Back to the familiar sight of the half-orc castrasti. The half-naked bodies, sprawled over giant pillows, oiled skin gleaming in what little light the lamps threw. Her own amongst them, clad in silk and polished gold, hammered plates held against her breasts with slender bars pierced through her nipples. Silk brushed her hips, mostly held up with another piercing through her navel. None of it did much to conceal any of her milky skin. Rather, it enhanced - enhanced her long legs, her pert breasts, her flat belly and further down, the soft swell and rounded curves of hips and ass. A little gold flashed between her legs, further down than it ought. More flashed at wrists and ankles, chiming with her motions as she moved.
   She shook the thought off. The contrast between then and now - her rough armor rubbed painfully against her pierced nipples and navel, the rough wool rubbed her raw in other places as well  - was painful.
   Liked silks and gold better, did you, pretty slut? Liked it better when I was fucking your tight little ass, jerking your cock from behind? Torga whispered. A cold hand slid down her belly, fondled her limp member and slid a cold finger down between her balls and inner labia. Liked my tongue, right here?
   "Shut up." Cyrellia grumbled. "You're /dead/. You should move on."
   Move on? Oh, no, pretty slut. I like it right here, where I can finger your hot little cunt and make you all slick and wet for me. Torga laughed, and the cold sensation moved around to her ass.
   Cyrellia returned to ignoring him, absently tracing Pharasma's spiral over her lips. Fate. Fate put her in his hands, and Fate apparently kept him with her, for all she would have much preferred to be rid of him.

Temple Hijinks:
Just because the map says it's abandoned, doesn't mean it stayed abandoned. Ask any Pathfinder. Too bad a young rogue never bothered to do that...
Flickering torches threw wavering shadows over the wall, made inhuman by rough stone and distance. Voices rose and fell in a chant that chilled her blood, somehow more and less than the screams that rose and fell with it, obliterating details. There was almost a rhythm to it, a sort of rough choir.

Breeding Stock:
That's the excuse, anyway. Only, this time, the trader has captured one he might not be able to hold. Will she escape before the caravan reaches it's destination and she's handed over to her new master?
I had envisioned an orc warlord collecting fierce, powerful beauties (by his standards, at least!) from all over to bear him sons. By now, he's collected quite a harem, and gotten bored with most of them.
This new purchase has been promised to be both fierce and strong, a plane-touched warrior of rare quality.

In Wolves' Clothing:
Bitten by a werewolf, the ranger managed to fight off the curse, but she's not really been the same since, and the werewolf, or his pack, is now on her trail - for what purpose, she's afraid to ask - and matters are further complicated by side effects of the bite.

Darkness Within:
Nobody's ever said being tainted - being a tiefling - is easy. Living not only with the dark urges, but with the assumptions of the ignorant is tough. So, when a tiefling loses everything they hold dear, what's to stop them following their blood? What's to stop them becoming the thing everyone fears? What, indeed...
I have a couple of candidates for this, one male, couple female. Yes, I like mucking about with tiefling bloodlines. ;p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

One Shots!
Some of these might branch, but realistically, they're one-shot, possibly plotless wonders.

Misc. Settings

Beo.. whut? (General Myth)
The feast hall had fallen silent, the cheers and boasts given way to soft breathing and the occasional snore. Amongst the sleeping men, one remained awake - a small, slender figure wrapped in furs. Sober, on guard and ready, though she knew not what for ....
What can I say, I was bored. :p

Shadows Have Eyes (LoTR)
The war had ended, the darkness pushed back, but for pockets of shadow that managed, mostly, to avoid the hunting light. Many goodly folk had already forgotten that any such thing had ever existed. And, really, why shouldn't they? Darkness is vanquished, and the woods are safe to gather mushrooms and nuts.
An unsuspecting villein girl, a stalking Uruk-hai and a dark forest. Somebody's day is about to go horribly wrong. Or very right.

Warcraft

That Didn't End Well (M/F, M/M, M/M/F, non-con, exotic, cross-faction): Last survivor of a raiding party, face to face with ...
In my frequent raiding days back in the halcyon days of BC, I often had some ideas about how party wipes would have ended for the raiders in places like Zul'Farrak, Old!Shadowfang Keep, Blackrock Spire .. Zul'gurub (either), Zul'Aman (again, either) - and an assortment of other raids and dungeons wherein the major bosses were humanoid (Orc, troll, Draenei ...) and in some way caught my attention. In some cases, it was the minions, but in most, it was bosses.
While I am not willing to play these out in the actual game, if someone wants to set up a thread, I'm interested.

That Didn't End Well: Battleground Edition (M/F, M/M, M/M/F, non-con, exotic, cross-faction) :
Same as above, only via one of the many many battlegrounds. I'm not as familiar with the new ones ala Mists, but I have done Alterac Valley enough to have earned myself a Frostwolf back when that still wanted battleground marks. 
While I have always had a thing for Draenei, the last ep of Lords of War pretty much cemented it. Gimme. ^^;

Complicated (M/F, Cross-faction):
Ashenvale is contested territory, especially these days. An orc warrior, in the prime of her fighting career, hunts elves through the emerald shadows. Instead, she gets a worthier foe - a Draenei paladin not above answering opportunity's knock. It's not like he has anything better to do...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Inspiring Images!

I've scrounged these from all sorts of places; many from threads here on E, many from other places on the interwebz.
All of them have given me ideas of some sort, or just grabbed me by the eyeballs and said, THIS!

Humanoids I'd love to see:

People I would like to be:

Stuff that gives me Ideas:

Settings that fascinate me:

If I've managed to grab something you had earmarked, let me know and I'll pull it. If I didn't draw it, I don't lay claim to it in any way.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Things that Gave Me Ideas

What do you mean, I was only the distraction?

Fabric hissed, the sound of a thousand snakes sliding over each other, as the dark figure leaned forward. His minions froze, as if nailed to the floor. "I told you to bring me someone suitable - someone subtle, someone who could manipulate minds. Someone like that idiot Professor. Instead, you bring ... this. A fighter. A clod - well. A pretty clod, if your taste runs that way."
By now, the two crouched on their hands and knees, all but wetting themselves in terror. One found his courage and straightened. "Boss, listen, she's an /empathy/. She reads feelings."
"Empath, fool." The dark figure considered the limp body of the girl, bound and blindfolded, that lay between the pair. She wore a lot of leather and black lace, and her hair gleamed blue in the uncertain light of his audience chamber. "An empath. Most intriguing. Yes, this might well do to distract that naïve fool - strength has failed, as has cunning. Tell me all you know of her."

And the target? Heh, heh, heh...

Chosen of Prophecy

They always raised them ignorant. Naive, untutored, isolated. The warlock laughed softly, looking at the idyllic setting, the lovely rolling grounds, the beautiful old manor house. How easy it had been to find a way in. How easy it had been to tempt her. The prophecy would come true, and she would be his, and darkness would take the world; she had the mark, but not the training to use it.

If I've managed to grab something you had earmarked, let me know and I'll pull it. If I didn't draw it, I don't lay claim to it in any way.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated, shuffled some stuff around, moved a thing, removed a thing, added some more things.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated with a handful of new ideas, and an experiment in tagging.
And some refinements. :p

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated with some plot bunnies, swept some dust out of the corners and did another run on trying to make this look pretty.
And a couple more shiny images.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated with a couple of additions in setting-inspecifics, and one-shot wonders, added a couple of new plot-bunny-fuel images.
Also, cleaned up some things, clarified some other things and ran the dust-mop over all the things.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Updated, cleaned some things up, added a couple of plots and a picture or two.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Added some pictures, tagged a few things for want. May add more over the next week or so.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Thorne

Added some new, shuffled some things, took another bash at sorting the unsorted.
Linked a couple of plot-bunnies, fixed some cravings.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies