Common Elliquiy user screen size/resolution?

Started by TwoHundredTabs, May 31, 2014, 09:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoHundredTabs

So, I've been plotting out how the way that I want to display the information in my descriptions threads and on the Elluiki, and part of what goes into making a good design is knowing who you're designing for.

That said, I couldn't find any data online about what screen resolution/screen size is the most common (and second most common) for Elliquiy users. I also don't know how BBCode/Wiki markup gets altered for Mobile - and therefore if I should plan for any limitations related to switching from a laptop to a phone, or if I should just do whatever because the mobile versions of Elliquiy pages are rendered with different settings.

Can I get some info on this?
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Vekseid

Most every non-mobile user has a screen width of 1024 or higher, 90% have a width of 1280 or higher. Less than 1% has a screen width of 800 or less (some of whom are mobile users).

Mobile wiki is rendered exactly the same, it just gets scaled.