News:

Main Menu

What, no Halo 4 Topic?

Started by Wolfy, November 06, 2012, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Sheeeesh Elliquiy, I figured Gamers across the site would be interested in the return of Master Chief and Halo's Multiplayer.

:3 I Know I am...just wish the servers would come back up. >_<

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on November 06, 2012, 12:24:01 PM
Sheeeesh Elliquiy, I figured Gamers across the site would be interested in the return of Master Chief and Halo's Multiplayer.

:3 I Know I am...just wish the servers would come back up. >_<

Go out and vote you!

Aiden

Man I can't wait to play this and get called a monkey cum shit fuck wit wad by a prepubescent kid as he PWNERS me.

No thanks Halo, I am done with you.

Chris Brady

No one's speaking about it, because they're all PLAYING the multiplayer.  What kind of idiot puts a STORY in an FPS.  That's not what people play for.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Moraline

Here's my rant for the day...

Meh, it's been done before... 2 times.... 3 times........ 

Any game that goes beyond a 2, in my opinion, is just going to too far. I would even question if a 2 is necessary. 

Games like Halo and COD don't bring anything new to the table when they make a 2, 3, 4, etc... They are just sprucing up the details and adding some trinkets but it's the same shit all over again. Adding a number and calling it new is an insult.

Out with the trash I say. Time for some new stuff, bring on the creativity. Halo 4 isn't news worthy.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Moraline on November 06, 2012, 04:56:21 PM

Any game that goes beyond a 2, in my opinion, is just going to too far. I would even question if a 2 is necessary. 

Games like Halo and COD don't bring anything new to the table when they make a 2, 3, 4, etc... They are just sprucing up the details and adding some trinkets but it's the same shit all over again. Adding a number and calling it new is an insult.

Out with the trash I say. Time for some new stuff, bring on the creativity. Halo 4 isn't news worthy.

Gamers would beg to differ.  In fact, they have.  With their wallets.  There's a reason why CoD is still selling in the MILLIONS of copies.  And it has nothing to do with it being a good game, or engaging gameplay.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Koren

As much as I cant and wont play Halo, I would actually have to argue that Halo is greatly innovative for what it is, and concidering the state of a lot of FPS games, its very very well done that and it actually has a plot
CoD is just rolling it out for money, people will but even shit CoD games, but Halo is a bit different because of the mythology and universe behind it.
The multiplayer is also still and constantly developing, they aren't just taking the same concepts again and again, they are always innovating it to make it better.
If you play it and look at it you realise this that with halo, the FPS is just the mechanics, is the game and the universe that makes it a well done and engaging game, and if you can look past the stigma of FPS multiplayer games, there is amazizng content in it. Yes its gone a bit far, and fuck the fanboys and their pushiness of it, especially the teenagers that thing CoD and Halo are the best games in the world, but Halo 4 was innovative for the series and thats what counts.

As far as the actual universe though, I was Haloed out after my day at uni (I go to a game design uni) and it just makes me more glad I havent played it.

And on the matter of sequals in FPS, I personally loved bioshock 2, and cant wait for inifinite.

Shjade

Quote from: Moraline on November 06, 2012, 04:56:21 PM

Often true, but not always. I enjoyed Mario 3 much more than its previous iterations on the whole. Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are both post-2 games in that series and are quite good. And so on.

If you mean games that more or less just repeat the same game in sequels (ie: Madden, Fifa, CoD, etc.), then I'm more inclined to agree, but more because of the rapidity with which sequels are made rather than the quantity itself. If they only made a new CoD every 3+ years instead of every few months (at least it seems that fast) they might have time to actually, y'know, add something to it. So my problem isn't really that there are X CoD games, more that they were crammed together in such a short span of time.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Really, Koren?  Because Irrational Games (then 2K Boston) disowns it as part of the continuity.  In fact, because it was done by another studio, it's not part of the 'world' as per Ken Levine.

Shjade, Super Mario 2 was actually not a Mario game at all, in fact, it was redressed (and given the Mario character sprites) halfway through it's design cycle.

Shjade

Yes, Chris, I'm aware. And yet, there it is.
◕/◕'s

Koren

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 07, 2012, 01:25:22 AM
Really, Koren?  Because Irrational Games (then 2K Boston) disowns it as part of the continuity.  In fact, because it was done by another studio, it's not part of the 'world' as per Ken Levine.

Shjade, Super Mario 2 was actually not a Mario game at all, in fact, it was redressed (and given the Mario character sprites) halfway through it's design cycle.

They have neither said or denied that it is in the same universe, but besides that, the mechanics are still mostly the same, with similar weapons and abilities, just a re skin and the addition of a few new mechanics. All I'm saying is that continuations of IP's can be good things and lead to good developments, even if they change.

Sometimes they can be back, look at Ac2 compared to AC Revelations, but then look at the original Assassins creed compared to AC3, development and stale in the same IP of games.

Compare the first halo multiplayer to the multiplayer in number 4 and it has made marked improvements.

There can be both good and bad sequels, and the hint is finding them, and not just dismissing or jumping on them because they carry a title.

(On a side note as Mario came up, how pathetic is New Super Mario Bros 2, with all those coins. Haha)

Moraline

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 06, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
Gamers would beg to differ.  In fact, they have.  With their wallets.  There's a reason why CoD is still selling in the MILLIONS of copies.  And it has nothing to do with it being a good game, or engaging gameplay.

The issue is that not all gamers agree. This gamer (me) doesn't agree.

I have gone so far as to disagree - with my wallet. I'm not the only one. I have a lot of friends that have shelved their consoles because of this trend. We bought into the hype, went out and bought a number 2 or 3 and found it to be the same thing again and again and we are tired of it. So we either opted to not buy any game with 2 (+) on it or we just simply shelved our consoles.

I was simply stating my opinion. Agree with it or not is irrelevant.

But I will concede that more people then not tend to agree that sequel games rock...

Top five highest grossing video games over five days
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ($775m)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops ($650m)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ($550m)
4. Grand Theft Auto IV ($500m)
5. Halo 3 ($300m, seven days)

Top five highest grossing movies over five days
1. The Dark Knight ($203m)
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2($202m)
3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ($200m)
4. Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith ($172m)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($169m)

~ Source, Friday 18 November 2011   ((Great numbers and interesting info in this article.))

Sasquatch421

At some point I'll buy it, but I'm the type of Halo gamer that everyone seems to dislike because I read the books as well. Apparently these days no one likes story and only plays for multiplayer. Man I miss the days when I had to trudge to the game store going uphill both ways in 3 feet of snow to get a game that came with a good story....

Chris Brady

FYI:  I hate MP FPS.  I cannot stand the type of behavior it seems to promote (And note the word 'seems', I know a lot of folks who don't 'teabag' or otherwise act like a douche, but they, although numerous to me, are a very tiny minority) not to mention that most people play one map, and one map, only.  Repeatedly.

That's dull and unengaging to me.  I loved the original Halo for the story.  Halo 2 annoyed me because it didn't finish it's own, when I got it.  And I've not had an XBox 360 to get Halo 3.

Hemingway

The doubters said Halo 3 wasn't a love story. I am redeemed.

Of course, now I can't wait for Halo 5. Given how well put-together the story of 4 is, I'm confident 5 will deliver as well. I doubt all that foreshadowing was just for fun.

Now to have some fun with MP.

Jag

We had one of our team supervisors at work take personal time off to go home early and play it the day of the release. He said he couldn't enjoy it because we all kept emailing, texting, and calling him the rest of the work day to complain about having to pick up his slack. He said it ruined his gaming experience and made him feel guilty (which was the point). :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Shjade

Quote from: Moraline on November 07, 2012, 09:16:51 AM
Top five highest grossing movies over five days
1. The Dark Knight ($203m)
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2($202m)
3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ($200m)
4. Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith ($172m)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($169m)

...erm...Didn't Avengers make $200m in just its first weekend?

I suspect these are either off or outdated. >.>

'Course Avengers would probably qualify as a sequel of sorts anyway.
◕/◕'s

Jag

Quote from: Shjade on November 10, 2012, 10:57:01 PM
...erm...Didn't Avengers make $200m in just its first weekend?

I suspect these are either off or outdated. >.>

'Course Avengers would probably qualify as a sequel of sorts anyway.

That is outdated. Avengers actually tops that list with $244m. Then Dark Knight, Harry Potter DH II, Transformers Revenge, and Dark Knight Rises.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment