News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking to play Star Wars SAGA

Started by FragarachZ, July 07, 2015, 03:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 19, 2015, 02:51:04 AM
Could he possibly simply mount it to his wrist and cover it?
Possibly, but I don't think that's a good idea. For one you would have to rig some trigger mechanism, which could be more obvious than the hidden blaster. Running around with a switch in your hand isn't exactly concealable. The alternative would be to fire it normally, but then you'd need one arm to aim the blaster, and the other hand to fire it, instead of using just one hand with a normal gun. It might also be less easy to hide that way. If someone pats you down, searching for weapons, a wrist-mounted blaster can't be shifted around. But a normal holdout gun can be shifted easily from one hand to the other, from one pocket to another, with a little bit of legerdemain.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

FragarachZ

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Anya Idrall         CL 6

Medium Twi'lek scoundrel 5/scout 1
Destiny 3; Force 8
Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +3
Languages Basic, Binary, Bocce, Huttese, Lekku, Ryl

Defenses Ref 22 (flat-footed 18), Fort 21 (+1 equip), Will 17; Evasion, Vehicular Combat
hp 48; Threshold 20

Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +3
Ranged sporting blaster +7 (3d4+3)
Base Atk +3; Grp +7
Atk Options Point Blank Shot
Special Actions Gimmick

Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Special Qualities deceptive
Talents Evasion, Gimmick, Master Slicer, Spacehound
Feats Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Mechanics, Pilot, Stealth, Use Computer), Vehicular Combat, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics +12, Deception +9 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Knowledge (technology) +11, Mechanics +16, Pilot +17, Stealth +17, Use Computer +16 (may Issue Routine Command as swift action; may reroll to improve access to a computer and keep the better result)
Possessions utility belt, sporting blaster (in hip holster), datapad, 1 short-range comlink (encrypted), 1 credit chip, 2 energy cells, 2 power packs, flight suit, 750 credits

Lucky Magpie

As stock YT-1300 except:
> Hyperdrive x1
> Combat Thrusters
> Enhanced Sublight Drive (4 squares instead of 2)
> Shields (SR 35)
> Pilot-controlled light laser cannons (3d10x2 damage)
> Standard laser cannons are replaced by a gunner-controlled double medium blaster turret (5d10x2 damage)
> Smuggler's Compartment (1 ton cargo capacity)
> Extra Passenger Seating to accomodate 5 additional passengers on short journeys
> Disguised Transponder (1 fake ID code: Starry Swallow)

On board equipment:
2 field kits for the crew
2 sets of space suit for the crew
2 breath masks, 24 spare atmospheric canisters
4 fire extinguishers +8 replacement cartridges
Lots of mesh tape
1 power recharger
1 security kit
1 medical kit
1 tool kit
3 repulsor pads (1 in each cargo bay)
1 pair of electrobinoculars
6 Glow rods
2 Fusion lanterns

Also got a hip holster, more or less to look tough if she's hanging with soldiers and gunbunnies (don't want anyone to figure she's the weakest link), and got the comlink encrypted just to be safe. Ready to set out :)
O&O

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Batman4560 on July 18, 2015, 09:05:12 PM
I would like to pair up with you in game from time to time as I need to speak with your character for plans with my own. :)
Sounds good. Your character should make a good meatshie....er, ally  ::) :P

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on July 19, 2015, 03:10:36 AM
Possibly, but I don't think that's a good idea. For one you would have to rig some trigger mechanism, which could be more obvious than the hidden blaster. Running around with a switch in your hand isn't exactly concealable. The alternative would be to fire it normally, but then you'd need one arm to aim the blaster, and the other hand to fire it, instead of using just one hand with a normal gun. It might also be less easy to hide that way. If someone pats you down, searching for weapons, a wrist-mounted blaster can't be shifted around. But a normal holdout gun can be shifted easily from one hand to the other, from one pocket to another, with a little bit of legerdemain.
I would thing something likewould be better

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: hellrazoromega on July 19, 2015, 05:00:29 PM
I would thing something likewould be better
That should pretty much have the same effect, rules-wise, as a concealed wrist holster (p.140).

(Sonia Sotomayor)

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on July 20, 2015, 01:34:50 AM
That should pretty much have the same effect, rules-wise, as a concealed wrist holster (p.140).
Yeah I figured, since most of the really exotic weapons in the EU are melee or archaic weapons of some manner.

Cassandra LeMay

Decided the NC section might be best for this game and started us an OOC thread here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=233176.0

More to come soon.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)