Archetype: Alien
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 158 lbs
Hair Color: Orange to Red depending on power
Eye Color: Green
Race: Tamaranean
Personality: Vivacious  / Naive / Extraversion/ Hot-Tempered / Curious
Current Story:

Koriand’r was born the younger of two daughters to King Myand’r and Queen Luand'r of planet Tamaran. Because her older sister, Komand’r, suffered from a childhood defect that deprived her of the Tamaranean ability to process sunlight for flight and thus was deemed unfit to rule so instead Koriand’r became first in line to the Tamaran throne. In all honesty, she wanted to hand over the throne to her little brother or give it back to her older sister Komand'r. Instead Koriand'r eluded her studies that were academic and political, focused on just the physical exercises and courses since it allowed her to be free. Only after a few threats of being sent away, losing her title, that she settled down and began to follow the rules. Take her academics seriously... well semi-seriously.

It wasn't until her 146 birthday that it was announced that her sister Komand'r would take the throne, much to Koriand'r's excitement. However that joy of future freedom was dashed when it was also announced that each of them, Komand'r, herself, Ryand'r had betrothed. Each of them marrying prominent royals that will strengthen alliances and resources. Komand'r was going to marry Prince Karras to seal a peace treaty. Ryand'r was going to marry a princess from another solar system to enable trade. Then there was her, to be married to General Ph'yzzon of the Tamaranean people. By her 156th birthday, she was to wed the General and instead ran away. "Borrowing" a merchant vessel that came to deliver goods as she made her grand escape as Koriand'r wasn't ready to be tied down.

Unsure where to go except away from the current situation, she jumped randomly from system to system until her fuel ran out and a voice invaded her mind and a figure appeared. He asked her if she needed aid and of course she said yes. However... the deal wasn't what she expected when she uttered that simple word and found herself surrounded by white light.

Powers:

Tamaranean Physiology: Starfire's alien physiology constantly absorbs ultraviolet radiation and converts it to energy.

Energy Absorption: She can also absorb the ultraviolet radiation from other lifeforms. She once used this application of her power to weaken a group of Kryptonians who otherwise required ultraviolet radiation to maintain their superhuman abilities.

Flight: Starfire possesses flight capability which leaves a distinctive energy contrail behind, looking as if it is coming directly from her hair. Starfire has also been stated to have flown light years through space in short amounts of time.

Interstellar Travel

Starbolts: The solar absorption experiments performed on her by the alien Psions granted her the amazing power and ability to channel and project that same energy into destructive blasts called "starbolts". Hyperion described Starbolts as highly concentrated solar energy that possessed incredible power. Starfire also has the power and ability to unleash all her stored energy into a pseudo-nova blast. It is suggested to be as hot as the sun itself, and so only uses this in dire situations.

Concentrate heat to melt metals

Using solar energy to create shields

Self-Sustenance:She also doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep and doesn't require an atmosphere to breathe, though she has to if she is low on ultraviolet energy.

Superhuman Durability:When angered, Starfire can go into a berserker state, granting her even greater strength, invulnerability, and immunity to many forms of damage. She is highly resistant to injury and can even survive unharmed in the cold vacuum of space.

Superhuman Stamina

Superhuman Strength:Starfire possesses great superhuman strength despite her pin-up girl looks. Starfire has at least class-100 strength as well, though her strength level has never been accurately quantified.

Linguistic Assimilation: She is also capable of assimilating other languages through physical contact with another person.

Abilities:

Hand-to-Hand: Advanced 

Swordsmanship

Aviation

Character Relations: N/A

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 03, 2018, 12:15:58 AM

Face Claim:Prince Harry
Name: Charles Victor Szasz aka Vic Sage
Alias: None
Archetype: The Question
Height: 6' 2”
Weight: 185 lbs
Hair Color: Red (Brown under the effects of Pseudoderm adhesive)
Eye Color: Blue (Cannot be seen under Pseudoderm)
Race: Human
Personality: Victor is a study in contradictions.  He's a loner but he's long a long list of broken hearts behind him and is more than capable of working with a team.  He's paranoid but he's naive.  His true face is not the one he wears but the one he will assume when he becomes The Question; a blank featureless mask.  He has been called a sociopathic narcissist but then those were the words of a jilted ex-lover, so they need to be taken with a grain of salt.  The things he is interested in, he borders on the fanatical.  All else he finds boring.  He is passionate about journalism, justice and finding the answer to the ultimate question: "What's REALLY going on?".

Current Story: Vic grew up in an orphanage and never knew his parents.  When he realized he carried he same name as a ruthless murderer, he began going by Victor (Vic) Sage.  Without any history of his own, he began trying to find meaning in the seemingly random world around him, turning him into a lifelong conspiracy theorist.  When Dr Fate offered to help him see the pattern behind the ebb and flow of all reality, he jumped at the chance.
Powers: NA

Short Term
Psedoderm Mask - Victor will eventually gain access to both Pseudoderm (an artificial skin replacement) and the adhesive that affixes it to human skin.  The adhesive has the additional ability to alter the colour of specially treated organic materials, like clothing and hair, explaining Victor's altered appearance when acting as the Question.

Long Term
Urban Shaman – A extension of his Zen philosphy, Vic has developed the ability to commune with the 'heart' and 'soul' of any large city, as if it were a person.  He can frequently get help by offering stream-of-consciousness improv poetry as incantations.

Cities know everything that happen within them (barring cloaking effects). They can provide clear portents when supplicated. For instance, a dripping fluid could form an arrow pointing toward what the shaman is looking for, or a long crack could appear in the pavement leading the supplicant to a specific place.

Vic is in touch with chthonic energy – known as ley lines, chi, earth forces, etc.. In his view they are channelled through large cities rather than, say, megalithic alignments or ponds with crooked bridges. If he’s present at a major nexus (such as a major Hong Kong building built to act as a feng shui node, Stonehenge, etc.) he will soak chi in and become even more dangerous.

Spiritual Combat (Astral Projection)
Vic can meet other shamanic types in a sort of spirit combat. This is feasible as long as both fighters will have some type of astral projection ability.
The fight is invisible in the physical world. The only thing onlookers can notice is that the two fighters must speak truthfully to each other whilst the spirit fight rages on. The loser must either surrender or flee, and seems to have no choice in the matter.  Beyond duelling, astral projection can be used to spy around. Vic has to physically touch a building to see it from the spirit plane, but once he does he can see and hear everything that goes inside, have his invisible spirit form move closer to observe something, etc.

Vic can also operate machinery from the spirit plane. For instance he could fight men physically and at the same time spiritually activate nearby elevators or water sprinklers.

The spirit plane further touches the realm of the dead. Sage uses this to commune with and contact the recently deceased who are prevented from moving on. For a spirit to linger on seems to require exceptional circumstances, though.

Abilities: Victor is a dedicated martial artist, studying akido and kung fu.  He is a skilled gymnast and acrobat.  His time at the orphanage has given him some skill at picking pockets and locks, although he is by no means an expert.  His   interest (some say obsession) with conspiracy theories has made him a skilled investigator and a tenacious sleuth. He is skilled with computers and has hacked into government websites more than once.  He has an iron will and as an adult once withstood a solid week of torture and interrogation without showing signs of breaking.

Character Relations: In high school, Vic had a huge crush on Lois Lane, who was edition of the school newspaper when he was just developing an interest in journalism.  She found him creepy and avoided him as much as possible.

The abilities need to be justified in the Current Story. Otherwise, that's  more to be grayed out.

@Saika: Sent you comments.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 03, 2018, 02:53:06 PM
**Edited  CS**

Until you properly justify those abilities in your character's  back story, and I mean Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How, your CS will not be approved. So put some work into it, and let me know when you got a decent back story going. This is an AU, you can tweak the back story if you want. There just needs to be one to explain where he is currently. There needs to be some details.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on November 03, 2018, 04:46:17 PM
Until you properly justify those abilities in your character's  back story, and I mean Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How, your CS will not be approved. So put some work into it, and let me know when you got a decent back story going. This is an AU, you can tweak the back story if you want. There just needs to be one to explain where he is currently. There needs to be some details.

Now that I know what you are looking for, I can work to provide it.  I can hopefully get it to you before the end of the weekend.

Sye

Any other takers care to join? We are still on the early stages of the game :)

Captain Whitebread

Captain Whitebread

Who is Mr Williams?

Selena has also not spoken up.

If 'Mr Williams' does not post by tomorrow, I'm posting anyway, since my turn seems to be right after Fate speaks, rather when it would be logical for Vic to comment....

TheBlackThrone

You should talk in the OOC and browse the threads in this game. You can post one time after every GM post regardless of order.
The gates are open

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 24, 2018, 09:29:52 AM
Who is Mr Williams?

Selena has also not spoken up.

If 'Mr Williams' does not post by tomorrow, I'm posting anyway, since my turn seems to be right after Fate speaks, rather when it would be logical for Vic to comment....

This post was supposed to be in the OOC.  Not sure how it ended up here.

EvieFrye

Hate to do this, but I’m pulling out. I have tried to think of responses many times, but I can’t. And everyone has been posting to fast for me to catch up. So I’m sorry.

Captain Whitebread

NOOOO!!!!

We need Selena to twist Bruce's tail!

And we've slowed down....

Sye

Yeah the game has slowed so don't worry so please stay!

EvieFrye

Ok, I'll think about it. I never know when is a good time to post, and I get overwhelmed by everyone else posting so fast.

Captain Whitebread

Easy solution.  Pick one person and post after them.

Vic, for example.  Or Bruce.

EvieFrye

But I'm not always on . . . . And unless someone talks to my character, or includes them I never know how to post.

Captain Whitebread

You have to speak up as well.

She's a cat.  Which mouse interests her the most?

<gonna switch to PM>

Timeless

Quote from: EvieFrye on November 24, 2018, 10:06:35 PM
But I'm not always on . . . . And unless someone talks to my character, or includes them I never know how to post.

Even if none of the characters is interacting or talking with yours, you can still write how your character is reacting to what's going around her and let her ask Dr Fate questions. But when it comes to people posting and stuff, you have to expect that people will post faster since this is technically a group game. What I would recommend is trying to get a post out for your character at least once a week in the group game - or like how Captain had mentioned, choose a character to write after. Other people are not always on as well, but I'm sure they understood that they have to keep posting in a frequent manner to ensure the game keeps going on at a steady pace.

Caradoc

Here goes...

Face Claim: Alan Ritchson, circa Smallville era
Name:  Arthur Curry/Orin of Altantis Technically a Prince, but he’ll never call himself that.
Alias:
Archetype: Aquaman
Height: 6’1
Weight: 270
Hair Color: blond
Eye Color: blue
Race: Atlantean
Personality: Quiet, to start. He not only doesn’t know anyone here, this isn’t really his world. He’s going to do a lot of listening and looking and trying to figure out what’s going on before jumping in to social situations much. He’s very serious about his studies, knowing what he’s expected to be in the future. He’s also somewhat headstrong and stubborn. In a gathering, he's going to be the one in the corner or back up against the wall. He's not unfriendly, he's just really unsure about how the surface world works, especially socially. He's going to start off fiercely lonely and not willing to show it.

Current Story: Arthur is the son of Atlanna, Queen of Atlantis. His birth and early childhood were kept secret to spare him complicated political plotting. When he reached his teens, his existence was revealed to a few trusted allies. Now, a few years later, he was sent to the Justice Academy to be trained in the use of his powers and the ways of a warrior. Part of him wants to do right by his mother and his people, the rest of him has no interest at all in being at the Academy. He's torn in two directions, a recurring theme in his life.

Powers: Amphibian. Superhumanly strong, dense , resistant to injury. Limited telepathy. Heightened vision, smell, hearing. Heightened reflexes.

Abilities: He has some skill at fighting, although he's at best a gifted amateur. He's capable of surviving in the wilds underwater alone, and some of those skills carry over to being on land as far as basic survival goes.

Character Relations: None so far.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kinghex

Is this group still recruiting? If so, I'd be willing to reserve Wally West/The Flash.

*PM update: To accomodate required generations, the posted application will be for Barry Allen.

Captain Whitebread

We've had a few players fall silent, so it's up to our esteemed GM.

I suspect he will be a pre-Flash Flash.

Sye

Oooh an interested party member! XD

Well as the holiday season gets closer things get hectic too.

Captain Whitebread

So, is the princess going to take Vic up on his offer?

Sye

Yes as she convinces Kara and everyone has their turn also see you in ooc

EvieFrye

Ok, I'm officially pulling out. I'm very sorry.