Freeform Fantasy Adventure NC-EX (PC Apps Closed)

Started by Kittmolly, September 07, 2018, 08:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steir

This caught my interest. Will see what character to put in as mentioned in chat.

Premier

Name: Lydia Stronglass
Class: (Magical) Chef and Reluctant Chosen One
Race: Human
Affiliation: Order of the White Dove
Rank/Position: Dove
Hobbies: Cooking, Hunting, Carousing, Apologising for the Carousing.

Physical Description: Curvy, a ridiculously tall 6 foot (Well it is to her anyway) and abs you could bounce a coin off. With long brown hair that loves to get in the way and bright brown eyes, she finds it hard to keep herself neat and tidy like the other nobles and has a bit of a reputation for being the somewhat unkempt Peasant Knight. Hey, maybe some people are into that!

Biography: Raised in a tavern, Lydia worked the kitchen and was a damn fine cook with no plans to ever really go beyond her station in life. She was the stereotypical peasant girl from stories, cute to the boys and friendly with the girls, always quick with a laugh and a chest you can balance a tray of drinks on and hide all the tips in.

Unfortunately she was a very stereotypical peasant girl and so inevitably bandits came to loot the town and burn it down and she was forced to defend her ancestral bar from their flames and as the others fled she faced them down with a frying pan and a roll of sausages she was pretty sure she could use as a choker. Somewhat incredibly, this actually worked out as it as she smashed them about with a frying pan and actually did manage to choke out the leader with a roll of Barrow's Finest Pork. Which is not very stereotypical peasant girl but then how would you ever tell people that you seem to have the odd power to gain power from meat?

Priests later murmured something about sacraments and how the blood and flesh can empower the body of the Chosen One. Lydia was having none of it and made it very clear she was just a bar girl who didn't have time to be a Chosen One and the Kingdom had plenty of them already. But with her town mostly burned down and her bar left all alone she had to find new work and the Queen's Guard snapped up Chosen One's like they were hotcakes.

She spends most of her days cooking, planning how to get stranger meats that might help her push the boundaries of her strange power and hiding from well meaning priests.

Special Abilities:

Consumptive Magic - Lydia gains a permanent power boost from eating meat from powerful creatures. At first this was cows and pigs, which are to be fair able to knock a human on their butt with a run up but she's worked her way through bears, deer and a few other animals. It's made her frighteningly strong, shockingly quick, incredibly tough and absolutely bursting with energy! But the real question is what'd she learn by eating something magical, there may be a lot more to her power than she's even begun to tap.

Cooking - It's not magical or anything. She's just a really good cook. Which is kinda magical when you think about it.

Goals: Cook. All. The. Things.

Tokyorose627

Looks interesting and I’d love to join, but I’ll wait until it opens up again and I can put up a sheet. ;A;

Edit: also question! If someone makes an NPC character, does that mean they aren’t a “main” character? Would they only be able to show up sometimes, or can they be with the Order and fight alongside them?

TheVillain

Considering an antagonist. Will try after work to put something up.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Laughing Hyena

Im definitely wanting to make an antagonist. Mostly because the chosen ones are females only, and Im more comfortable playing a male. Plus the spots are all filled up so theres that as well. If allowed, I would be more than happy to be the tentacles. ^_^

ShadowFox89

Name: Alyssa Del Tentatrice
Class: Thief-Acrobat
Race: Tiefling
Affiliation: Order of the White Dove, formerly Red Silk Thieve's Guild
Rank/Position: Hero
Hobbies: Stealing, gambling, filrting with innocent and not so innocent maidens
Physical Description: Alyssa is tall and lithe, standing at 6'2 with pale skin and blood red hair. Piercings and jewelry dot her body, even adorning the three horns atop her head. She wears a two piece black leather outfit, her pants stretching from her toes to her waist, while her top is a leather vest. Elbow length, fingerless gloves adorn each arm, while her tail has a fishnet stocking covering it. Alyssa carries her long dagger on her right hip, with a variety of smaller blades and lockpicks hidden throughout her clothing.
Biography: The Del Tentatrice family was once one of the noble houses of the kingdom. Bankers, moneylenders, financiers of many a prospective businessman, they used to have all the prestige you could ask. Of course, when you're at the top, everyone is looking to drag you down. The greatest worst secret in the kingdom was how the family's matriarch was a succubus who didn't seem all that interested in harvesting the souls of mortals but instead just loved to collect coin. Eventually, other houses grew jealous of the Tentatrice's power, conspiring with one of the holy orders of the kingdom they launched an inquisition against them. The family holdings were either seized or burned to the ground under the guise of stamping out heresy, family members either executed or arrested.

Alyssa managed to escape this assault by way of not being present during the raids, off in a distant kingdom arranging a deal to set up a branch in one of it's cities. When she returned, she found her home in ruins, with templars of the order standing guard to catch anyone trying to return. The tiefling fled to the capital, turning her skills towards thievery. Eventually, she joined up with the Red Silk Thieve's Guild, becoming one of it's most infamous members. No lock was too great for her to pick, no woman too chaste for her to woo. All the while, Alyssa hunted down those involved in her family's destruction. This vendetta eventually became her own downfall, falling into a trap that led to her arrest. She was given a choice, repent for her crimes by joining the White Doves or spend the rest of her long, long life locked in the oubliette.

Special Abilities:

Master Thief- Alyssa has a very particular set of skills, honed over a very long life. Skilled with every thieve's tool imaginable, with dexterous and steady fingers, no lock or coin purse is safe from her.

Dagger Mastery- Alyssa was raised to know how to handle a knife, her family sparing no expense to have some of the best bladesmen from across the land teach her how to use a dagger. Along with her demonic youth, this has allowed Alyssa to acquire a master's talent at the weapon.

Demonic physiology- Alyssa is one-quarter demon, and inherits the benefits and drawbacks that come from it. Holy energy burns her flesh, while demonic corruption heals her. She heals from wounds faster, is stronger, and quicker than most mortal races, however she is very obviously not human and very obviously descended from a demon.

Goals: Alyssa wants to bring vengeance on those who brought low her family, though through the years she has learned that sacrificing everything for revenge will only leave you feeling more hollow than before.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Tokyorose627

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 10, 2018, 11:15:05 AM
Name: Alyssa Del Tentatrice
Class: Thief-Acrobat
Race: Tiefling
Affiliation: Order of the White Dove, formerly Red Silk Thieve's Guild
Rank/Position: Hero
Hobbies: Stealing, gambling, filrting with innocent and not so innocent maidens
Physical Description: Alyssa is tall and lithe, standing at 6'2 with pale skin and blood red hair. Piercings and jewelry dot her body, even adorning the three horns atop her head. She wears a two piece black leather outfit, her pants stretching from her toes to her waist, while her top is a leather vest. Elbow length, fingerless gloves adorn each arm, while her tail has a fishnet stocking covering it. Alyssa carries her long dagger on her right hip, with a variety of smaller blades and lockpicks hidden throughout her clothing.
Biography: The Del Tentatrice family was once one of the noble houses of the kingdom. Bankers, moneylenders, financiers of many a prospective businessman, they used to have all the prestige you could ask. Of course, when you're at the top, everyone is looking to drag you down. The greatest worst secret in the kingdom was how the family's matriarch was a succubus who didn't seem all that interested in harvesting the souls of mortals but instead just loved to collect coin. Eventually, other houses grew jealous of the Tentatrice's power, conspiring with one of the holy orders of the kingdom they launched an inquisition against them. The family holdings were either seized or burned to the ground under the guise of stamping out heresy, family members either executed or arrested.

Alyssa managed to escape this assault by way of not being present during the raids, off in a distant kingdom arranging a deal to set up a branch in one of it's cities. When she returned, she found her home in ruins, with templars of the order standing guard to catch anyone trying to return. The tiefling fled to the capital, turning her skills towards thievery. Eventually, she joined up with the Red Silk Thieve's Guild, becoming one of it's most infamous members. No lock was too great for her to pick, no woman too chaste for her to woo. All the while, Alyssa hunted down those involved in her family's destruction. This vendetta eventually became her own downfall, falling into a trap that led to her arrest. She was given a choice, repent for her crimes by joining the White Doves or spend the rest of her long, long life locked in the oubliette.

Special Abilities:

Master Thief- Alyssa has a very particular set of skills, honed over a very long life. Skilled with every thieve's tool imaginable, with dexterous and steady fingers, no lock or coin purse is safe from her.

Dagger Mastery- Alyssa was raised to know how to handle a knife, her family sparing no expense to have some of the best bladesmen from across the land teach her how to use a dagger. Along with her demonic youth, this has allowed Alyssa to acquire a master's talent at the weapon.

Demonic physiology- Alyssa is one-quarter demon, and inherits the benefits and drawbacks that come from it. Holy energy burns her flesh, while demonic corruption heals her. She heals from wounds faster, is stronger, and quicker than most mortal races, however she is very obviously not human and very obviously descended from a demon.

Goals: Alyssa wants to bring vengeance on those who brought low her family, though through the years she has learned that sacrificing everything for revenge will only leave you feeling more hollow than before.

Hey Shadow, I think for the time being player characters are not being accepted atm, only NPCs. D:

Kittmolly

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on September 09, 2018, 08:59:35 PM
Looks interesting and I’d love to join, but I’ll wait until it opens up again and I can put up a sheet. ;A;

Edit: also question! If someone makes an NPC character, does that mean they aren’t a “main” character? Would they only be able to show up sometimes, or can they be with the Order and fight alongside them?

I realize I didn't explain the difference very well/at all. My idea was that PCs would be guaranteed to be featured/catered to in each round of event missions, while NPCs would be more responsible for finding their own fun. Within the non-event threads there's not really any difference. So they could fight along side them, yes. I will let you know about a PC slot ASAP once some of the undecided people make up their minds and I know how many people there are.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 10, 2018, 07:13:12 AM
Im definitely wanting to make an antagonist. Mostly because the chosen ones are females only, and Im more comfortable playing a male. Plus the spots are all filled up so theres that as well. If allowed, I would be more than happy to be the tentacles. ^_^
I'm happy to share control of the tentacles. I want to do some of the tentacling, but not being responsible for all of it would certainly help my work load.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Kittmolly on September 10, 2018, 02:54:23 PM
I realize I didn't explain the difference very well/at all. My idea was that PCs would be guaranteed to be featured/catered to in each round of event missions, while NPCs would be more responsible for finding their own fun. Within the non-event threads there's not really any difference. So they could fight along side them, yes. I will let you know about a PC slot ASAP once some of the undecided people make up their minds and I know how many people there are.

Thanks. I really want to join this game cause it looks like fun, plus I know a few people on here too! I always seem to jump in just when its too late though. ;A;

TheVillain

Alright, had an idea. Let me know what you think.

Name: Kolag Na'al
Class: Druid
Race: Corrupted Satyr
Affiliation: Nature
Rank/Position: Villain
Hobbies: Long Walks, Drinking, Fucking things Silly
Physical Description: Look at him. He always was physically powerful, standing over six and a half feet when standing fully upright even if you don't include the horns. With dark brown hair and weathered skin, he used to have red eyes but now they're a deep red. He also didn't have the strange purple vein signs around his body.

Biography: The woods were never empty. There was a better time once. A time with nature in balance where things lived in harmony. For the most part. The Satyrs of the woods always were trouble makers after a fashion. Wild, lusty creatures- their dance and drink has charmed many women into their beds with the legendary Satyr fertility taking care of the rest. It wasn't a sophisticated life or even that civilized of one but it was his and he liked it. Kolag considers himself to have been a faithful servant of the Gods of Wood, ancient gods that don't go into cities. Gods of Nature, of Life, of Fertility.

There's a gap in Kolag's memory now though, at least 3 days are missing from a few moons ago. He just knows that one day he woke up far away from his woods and he felt different. Different. Darker. Hungrier. He's caught himself hunting completely unconsciously now, and not just for food either. Once or twice he's killed just for the feel of it, and more then that he's forced himself on females whose paths he just happened to cross. Corrupted by Demonic Magic, he don't know if there's a way to turn back but he is going to try.

Special Abilities:

The Gifts of the Wilds - Kolag's connection to nature isn't what it once was bit it can still lead to impressive feats. He knows how to find shelter, to find food, water - he knows the secrets of the animal speak and how to walk through natural places without being seen or leaving tracks. If he does not want to be seen in the wilds, he just isn't going to be found.

The Gifts of the Fertile Gods - Kolag's connection to wild life-and-fertility dieties appears to have not been broken. If anything, they've been amplified if by a clearly demonic source of power. He rarely fatigues, heals quickly, and his body puts off a musk that seems to resonate with female sexual impulses. A dark reflection of his former self, now he uses this to sexually force himself on females and enjoys every moment. Fortunately, the pleasures while at the receiving end are said to be something primal as well.

Corruption - A Satyr that's been Corrupted, Kolag can temporarily spread his corruption to others when he rapes them. Fortunately, he doesn't really have any control over this - it just happens sometimes. This effect can be resisted through magic and will and it's temporary at most.

Goals: Kolag Na'al seems to have been kidnapped and corrupted by black magic, and he just wants to go back to being a normal Satyr.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: TheVillain on September 10, 2018, 09:00:59 PM

Name: Kolag Na'al
Class: Druid
Race: Corrupted Satyr
Affiliation: Nature
Rank/Position: Villain
Hobbies: Long Walks, Drinking, Fucking things Silly
Physical Description: Look at him. He always was physically powerful, standing over six and a half feet when standing fully upright even if you don't include the horns. With dark brown hair and weathered skin, he used to have red eyes but now they're a deep red. He also didn't have the strange purple vein signs around his body.

Biography: The woods were never empty. There was a better time once. A time with nature in balance where things lived in harmony. For the most part. The Satyrs of the woods always were trouble makers after a fashion. Wild, lusty creatures- their dance and drink has charmed many women into their beds with the legendary Satyr fertility taking care of the rest. It wasn't a sophisticated life or even that civilized of one but it was his and he liked it. Kolag considers himself to have been a faithful servant of the Gods of Wood, ancient gods that don't go into cities. Gods of Nature, of Life, of Fertility.

There's a gap in Kolag's memory now though, at least 3 days are missing from a few moons ago. He just knows that one day he woke up far away from his woods and he felt different. Different. Darker. Hungrier. He's caught himself hunting completely unconsciously now, and not just for food either. Once or twice he's killed just for the feel of it, and more then that he's forced himself on females whose paths he just happened to cross. Corrupted by Demonic Magic, he don't know if there's a way to turn back but he is going to try.

Special Abilities:

The Gifts of the Wilds - Kolag's connection to nature isn't what it once was bit it can still lead to impressive feats. He knows how to find shelter, to find food, water - he knows the secrets of the animal speak and how to walk through natural places without being seen or leaving tracks. If he does not want to be seen in the wilds, he just isn't going to be found.

The Gifts of the Fertile Gods - Kolag's connection to wild life-and-fertility dieties appears to have not been broken. If anything, they've been amplified if by a clearly demonic source of power. He rarely fatigues, heals quickly, and his body puts off a musk that seems to resonate with female sexual impulses. A dark reflection of his former self, now he uses this to sexually force himself on females and enjoys every moment. Fortunately, the pleasures while at the receiving end are said to be something primal as well.

Corruption - A Satyr that's been Corrupted, Kolag can temporarily spread his corruption to others when he rapes them. Fortunately, he doesn't really have any control over this - it just happens sometimes. This effect can be resisted through magic and will and it's temporary at most.

Goals: Kolag Na'al seems to have been kidnapped and corrupted by black magic, and he just wants to go back to being a normal Satyr.

Oooh, awesome NPC character! Definitely need more of those so far in the game! Thinking of maybe making one as well, but we’ll see. D:

TheVillain

Yeah, I have a bit of a weak point for villains whose motives are actually completely understandable. Kolag you could go even further and it's debatable whether or not he's really in control of his actions.

Probably won't seem like much when he's forcing his wicked ways on one of your characters, granted. :P

Tokyorose627

Note: KittMolly accepted me a bit ago, I just haven’t been able to post my profile until now!

I hope everyone likes Rose! :D

——

Name: Rose Caelum-Khendragon

Class: Reaper

Outfit and her scythe named “Rose Garden”:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Affiliation: Order of the Dove, Member of the Royal Family

Rank/Position: Swan

Hobbies: Training, sweets, Gardening, reading (fairytales are her favorite)

Physical Description: With a moderately curvy body, Rose stands at 5’0 exactly, causing her rather small stature to be judged as a weak fighter. Short brown hair frames her face with matching brown eyes, along with fair skin and a friendly smile. Despite looking small and weak in appearance, she’s a determined fighter with an energy that can’t be contained!

Biography: Rose’s life was just like the fairytales she read as a little girl. Living in a small village, a simple town nearby the kingdom, she was the only child to a farmer couple. Having no siblings, she soon found herself creating a friendship with the son of the blacksmith, who lived down the dirt road from them. Inseparable, the two always played together, telling each other stories, talking about what they did each day, and wondering what going to the Kingdom would be like when they were older. The village would be in danger of monsters, but with the villages guards standing by, none had gotten through before.

Until years later that is.

It wasn’t until Rose around 12 that the worst had happened. A band of goblins had snuck into the village, and began to terrorize the townspeople. Rose and her childhood friend had been playing nearby the lake when they heard sounds nearby, and suddenly, a band of them stormed the lake, weapons in hand. The two ran as fast as they could, dodging and running from whatever the monsters threw at them, but soon they were surrounded. The goblins grabbed her friend as he did his best to protect Rose, telling her to run, and before she had a chance to fight back, she was bludgeoned in the back of the head, unconscious before she hit the ground. Hours passed, and she awoke to find herself where she had been before, but her friend was gone. She ran back to the village, tattered and partially destroyed, and told them what had happened. Guards went in a search for days, but with no sign of him, Rose’s life was forever changed. Smiles became fake, and the joys in life she once had now vanished and sullied over the despair of what happened.

As if her life couldn’t change any more, Guards from the Royal Queendom of Falsuriel had strolled in, riding on cream white horses, adorned with shining silver armor, flags of their emblem waving. They asked for the Caelum Family, to which Rose, now 14, alone, answered. Much to her surprise, to which she fainted over, her father was related to the Royal Family. Having hidden away after a threat on his life, they changed their names and kept safe, all while waiting for the danger to brush over. Now, with both of her parents gone, and her discovery known, Rose was to be brought to the Kingdom, to meet her second cousin, and to return to the royal family.

With little to no choice, and finding it to be some divine act of God to give her a new strength to carry herself, Rose went with the guard to Falsuriel, to join the now Queen of the Queendom, and her second cousin, Valerie, to learn about her family, and to train underneath The Order of the White Dove.

From there, she would hone her skills to protect herself, all while still searching for her lost friend.

Special Abilities:

Agility: Training underneath the towns guard, and the White Dove, Rose has found that she has an astounding amount of energy. Being able to run for much longer then others, and not getting easily fatigued, it allows Rose to train and fight longer then most fighters.

Acrobat: Along with her agility, it allows Rose to do feats of amazement, such as high jumps, flips, and even wall-running! It especially helps when it comes to her specific fighting style with her scythe!

Transformation Magic: Rose Petals (Adept): Not in the regular sense of transformation, such as animals, Rose uses her type of magic to transform her body into a flurry of rose petals. Not for camouflage purposes, she uses this magic in her fighting technique, such as transforming into the flurry of petals to dodge nearly killing blows, or to pass through dense or thick obstacles.

Goals: To find her childhood friend, alive and well.

Theme: Let’s Just Live

Snake

Kittmolly, how's my character? I never got any feedback on or approval

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Snake on September 11, 2018, 08:56:41 PM
Kittmolly, how's my character? I never got any feedback on or approval

Oh snake, I simply meant i got accepted to put up my sheet. I haven’t gotten accepted to the game officially yet, nor do I think anyone has yet until we have enough interest? D:

Kittmolly

Quote from: TheVillain on September 10, 2018, 09:00:59 PM

It works, I've got a couple ideas for things I can rope him in to.

A couple more PC profiles will trickle in this week from people I've already accepted, but PC apps will be considered closed going forward. Everyone who has posted a sheet so far is accepted. Welcome to the game! ^^ I'll make an OOC thread probably sometime around the end of the week.

Sorry I didn't give individual feedback in this thread on everybody's sheet as they were posted. But I'll be talking to everybody about their characters over the next... whatever length of time it ends up being. But yeah.

Tokyorose627

Awesome! If anyone wants to talk character things, fell free to PM me! ;D

Steir

Name: Freis Levian
Class: Mage
Affiliation: Order of the White Dove
Rank/Position: Swan
Hobbies: Research, formulating new spells, reading about ancient lore, testing beforementioned new spells

Physical Description:
Freis stands at a height of 5'6", possessing long purple hair that reaches down her back. She commonly favors a combination of robes and dresses for her outfit, with boots of calf to thigh length. Her expression is often seen to be calm and serene, as if an undisturbed lake. While she is slow to anger, her wrath is known to be equivalent to the raging seas in the middle of a storm. She is often seen with a staff shaped like a trident on hand, and a spellbook case slung along her waist with a belt.

Biography:
Freis has been involved with magic ever since she was young, taught by her parents on how to read spells and how to cast them. By the age of 5 she was able to cast a wide variety of cantrip spells with ease, and learned how to work with basic spells that was taught to her. By the age of ten her spellbook was comparable in size to most journeyman wizards that have completed their apprenticeship. She has displayed an aptitude to learning new spells, helping her parents out with their works in the various fields of magic until she came of age.

At the time she came of age Freis set out to on her own as an accomplished spellcaster of her own right, able to defend herself with a multitude of spells at her disposal. She spent a few years on a journey to learn about the affairs of the world before stopping at the Queendom of Falsuriel, giving her allegiance to the queendom by joining the ranks of the Order of the White Dove. She has worked to improve the Queendom's capability with magic, especially developing means to defend against magical threats.

Special Abilities:
Spellcraft - Freis is skilled in the casting of a wide variety of spells. These range from spells that are equivalent to magic tricks to fireballs and summoning minor creatures. If a spell is known to man it is likely she knows how to cast it.

Conjure Magical Vessel - one of the crowning spells that set Freis aside from other spellcasters. She is capable of bringing forth a seaworthy ship with her magic. The conjured ship is a caravel with accommodations good for up to ten occupants. The ship, called the Nereid, can travel efficiently on any body of water big enough for it to sail through, and is unaffected by conditions of the sea.

Spell Fusion - by finding compatible traits spells, Freis is capable of casting seemingly new spells that take their properties from existing spells.

Goals: Learn about all forms of magic that exists in the world and complete a compendium of them.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice on interest making antagonist/NPC. Sort corrupt advisor of the queen who works mostly behind scenes but wield dark magic as means try corrupt the queen subtle manner (and foil the Doves plans as well).

Moon Hound Hati

Also voicing some tentative interest in playing an antagonist. I'm thinking the suave, coin-flipping schemer sort. "Heads or tails, you'll still fail, my dear."

Though those phallomancers sounds quite intriguing, as well...
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Tokyorose627

Note: I edited something about Rose’s history and family for anyone who has read it already. She’s now the second cousin to Val, Queen of Falsuriel!  ;)

Tokyorose627

So to be sure, as of now, everyone is allowed only one NPC, correct?