Dragon Riders of Pern : Interest Check

Started by SweetSerenade, December 05, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Profile formats are now made available on the first post of this thread! After consideration I will hold off on anything with the Whers of Pern until I see more player interest, at such a point that information will be made available and those sorts of characcters will be available for play!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Chrystal

If anyone has any difficulty with the character sheets or images, please let either of us know!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

SweetSerenade

We are always willing to help people with their sheets. :D I will start working on my own soon, but it may take me a bit... XD

Chrystal

In the mean time, here is my primary character, please feel free to draw inspiration from her. If any of the ladies would like pre-existing relationships, let me know...

Oh and by the way, Ren Faire photos are ideal, costume-wise. We aren't going to be too picky, and if my OCD gets the better of me I'm sure Sweet will slap me!

Human Character Sheet

Player ID: Chrystal

Name: Shamar

Sexuality: Lesbian

Appearance Shamar's red hair and freckled complexion comes from the fact that she is a direct female line descendent of one Sorka Hanrahan and Sean Connell - Both Redheads! Red hair being a genetic recessive it only shows up when the gene combination is right and so the fact that both her parents are blonde should not be a surprise. She is 5'2" tall and weighs 178 Lbs. Her freckles go all the way down to her feet.

Position and/or Rank: Headwoman of Igen Weyr Lower Caverns

Dragon: N/A

Likes: Cooking, eating, keeping order, Inventory, proper tithes, roast wherry, Benden wine, dragons, warmth, women, well woven garments, other people's children, the smell of fine leather.

Dislikes: Numbweed, Cold, The Master Weaver (for personal reasons), Firelizards, People who spread gossip, mess, laziness, pushy men.

Personality: Shamar is the sort of person best described as "A force to be reckoned with". If she had ever impressed, it would have been a Gold and she would have become The Weyrwoman with ease. It is her opinion that she never did impress because a green, blue or brown dragon could not abide her forcefulness, but she would not have tolerated the duties of a gold rider. Of course this was all speculation on her part: The dragons choose whom they choose and that is the end of the matter. And none of them chose her!

She rules the Weyr's lower caverns with a rod of iron, and has been know to raise her hand to the youngsters working there whether of high or low birth with equal impunity. Shamar is only afraid of one thing and that is the rumoured imminent return of Thread. She has absolutely no issue with standing up to Weyrleaders, Weyrwomen, Lord and Lady Holders, or Master Crafters in order to get her own way. She has a temper on her, and has been known to have shouting matches with anyone from the Weyrleaders on down! Her loyalty is to Igen Weyr and Pern, and her presence in the Lower caverns is something that Dtagon riders and weyrfold alike can rely on to be solid.

In spite of all her faults or perhaps even because of them, Shamar is compassionate when needed, caring, big hearted and warm. Those who respect her are wise, those who love her are few.

History: Shamar is Weyrbred, the daughter of Sh'leram and Maralonie, Bronze and Gold riders respectively. She was fostered to the Weaver hall when she was eight, only to have a bitter fight with an apprentice Weaver several turns later and returned to the Weyr in some disgrace. The enmity between the two has lasted ever since.

Shamar likes Weyr life, she enjoys the freedom she has here to enjoy the girls who work for her - even in these enlightened times such activity would be no more than tolerated in Hold and Hall. But while she enjoys the life she never really wanted to become a dragon rider. She was made to stand for impression as a candidate at every hatching from her sixteenth birthday to her twenty fourth, at which point, to her everlasting relief, her parents reluctantly concluded that she would not impress.

In the mean time, Shamar had been learning everything she could from the then Headwoman, on how to keep the Weyr running. She would often suggest improvements and innovations, and over the turns has earn the respect - if not the love - of successive Weyr Leaders. When the preceding Headwoman retired five turns ago, she immediately and unhesitatingly nominated Shamar as her successor, a nomination which none dared challenge. Since then, Shamar has ruled Igen Weyr as the power behind the Weyrleaders.

Any Other Info: The dispute between Shamar and the MasterWeaver goes back to when they were both young women and Shamar made a pass at the older girl...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Caela

Sweet and Chrystal, do you want us to PM them to you first, or just post sheets here for the two of you to look at?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Caela on January 07, 2015, 08:22:19 PM
Sweet and Chrystal, do you want us to PM them to you first, or just post sheets here for the two of you to look at?

It says above the sheets to PM all characters to the Gms :D So yes please PM the profiles to both of us. Remember to host your image on the E Wiki first - since it will be going on the Wiki :D

Caela

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 07, 2015, 08:23:20 PM
It says above the sheets to PM all characters to the Gms :D So yes please PM the profiles to both of us. Remember to host your image on the E Wiki first - since it will be going on the Wiki :D

Duh! Sorry for the silly question...it was a LONG day at work today! lol

SweetSerenade

No problem - I completely undersatnd.

By the way , as per Elliquiy rules small groups are allowed Double the threads of their participants. So by the end of the week we will have our player total and the total number of threads allowed for the game.

You will have to put a Tag like this
[P:Skies of Fire]

Before your thread, I will also throw together a posting format for you to use. To start things off the only 'time period' available is the Start of the Year gather which is based at the first day of the first month of the turn 2822. It will be held at Igen Weyr Town.

NOW Because I want to give us as best of a boost as we can - if you find yourself wanting to do a break off thread from the main one, you are more than welcome to. Just make sure to use the RP tag, and do your rping. If there is two players who are known as rapid posters - they are more than welcome to break off and Rp together. The more IC posts we get towards 1000 the more likely we are to get our Sub forum. Given the minimum post size for our game, that shouldn't be too hard :D

Angie

So uh...am I missing what the minimum post size is? Cause I can't find it...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 07, 2015, 08:35:54 PM
So uh...am I missing what the minimum post size is? Cause I can't find it...

Its in the Wiki in the rules XD

Angie

Oh, one or two paragraph, I can manage that. Although this is all getting kinda intimidating.

la dame en noir

Hi! Please remove my interest for this one. I don't think I could make a colorful enough character for this D:
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

SweetSerenade

Quote from: la dame en noir on January 07, 2015, 08:51:09 PM
Hi! Please remove my interest for this one. I don't think I could make a colorful enough character for this D:

I am sorry to see you go.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 01:14:42 AM
I have not read the books but I have a general idea about the dragons of pern,
they breath fire to remove a strange fibre that comes from a commet which harms life,
the riders go on orgies as well as the dragons and somehow the sexuality of the rider and the dragon is linked.

I do like playing hermaphrodite characters (as I am one in real life) and would play a futa character, would this be acceptable ? Would my knowledge of pern be enough or are you looking for others who know the books well ?

Welcome! I can easily help you through things. We have no issues with intersex characters, but you will basically be limited to Brown and below for impression, with an intersex character.

In the books Thread was permanently removed, but in our game that 'permanence' was actually about 300 turns or so (which is more than 300 years our time)

On Pern the Sexuality of a Rider effects the kind of dragon they can bond to. Gold and Greens are the only females, but Golds only bond to Heterosexual CisFemales - with Leadership Qualities - as these women may eventually end up running the entire Weyr of Dragons, and Golds almost Primarily mate with Bronze Dragons (Whom bond to Het CisMales with Leadership Qualities) this is so there is supposed to always be a balance of one Male and One Female Leading a Weyr.

Sexuality comes into play with the other Colors because You can have a male or female impressed to any of the other colors, but some dragons are attracted to certain kinds of humans.

The Dragons themselves are all Heterosexual, there has been no recording in Pernese history of 'Homosexual' Dragons. Though there is several instance of 'bromance' betwen bronzes and browns.

The Dragons of pern are psychic, telepathic, empathic creatures. Their minds become permanently bonded to their Rider when they choose their 'Mine' from those present at a hatching. The two beings - Rider and Dragon - are then permanently linked for the duration of the lifespan of the human. If the Human dies, the dragon dies. If the Dragon dies the human literally has the equal of half their soul ripped away.

Any questions?

Angie

I now have the sudden realization that Eragon was rippin' off Pern. I'm depressed now...though I am now more inspired to pick up the Pern novels.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 01:40:38 AM
So what are brown dragons like?

what do I have to know about what has happened with other players before I can jump in (IF I am accepted) ?

how much sexual content will there be (I am a fan of a lot but I know many prefer plot-heavy, sex thin role plays for book themes) ?

My hope was to jump in with a character and be very sexual (about 1/2 posts of a sexual nature),
but I am not sure if that is what your looking for in other players, or would be too rich for those already playing.

All dragon information is within the Wiki for the game, of which you can find through the first post. We are having a lot of Brown Applicants so would actually prefer Blue or Green Dragons (Blue is Male and Green is Female)

Sexual content takes back seat in my games, because the focus is the story. For someone who doesn't have any experience with Pern I would suggest you make a Candidate so you can learn about Pern. Unfortunately, Candidates are forbidden from sex (For worry of a female getting pregnant, in the instance a female gets pregnant both candidates in the sexual relationship are removed from Candidacy to be fair all around), and Weyrlings are forbidden from having sex until their Dragons are sexually mature (Generally around the first time a Green from the clutch rises... a Turn and a half at the earliest) - because having sex before the dragon is sexually mature will make them permanently child like or possibly even destroy their minds so much the only result is to put them out of their misery.

We are looking for people who are interested in just being part of a story that is based around saving the world of Pern and building a story all around.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 03:59:42 AM
Thanks for answering your questions but I think I may not be a good fit, I was hoping for a lot of crude sex scenes with pern and dragon riding / saving the world as a backdrop for explaining characters.

It sounds interesting for those that want to get involved with a gripping plot, I heard the books were popular.

Thanks anyway !

Not a problem, on the first post it did exlain this wasn't a sex based game. Good luck in your search.

Elzith

I'll take a stab at a character tomorrow..running on four hours sleep in the last 48 hours. If I try now, will be rubbish :/

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Elzith on January 08, 2015, 07:28:48 PM
I'll take a stab at a character tomorrow..running on four hours sleep in the last 48 hours. If I try now, will be rubbish :/

If you need any help please feel free to PM me :D I am always open to helping.

Chrystal

By the way... I was looking up something about Sean and Sorka Connell in the Pern Encyclopaedia and I came across this. I think Sweet has alluded to it.

Quote from: http://www.pern.nl/pe/S_table.htmlSexuality:

Dragonriders: dragonrider sexuality is different from the majority of people on Pern and because of that there was a narrow minded minority that condemned the riders for it. Certain customs and habits did develop in the Weyrs to suit dragon needs, but promiscuity was not encouraged. There was a very strictly observed code of conduct within the Weyrs. There might not be formal union contracts but no rider reneged on his word to a woman, nor failed to make provision for any children of a pairing [RSR/3:96].  In the earlier Passes, when there still were female riders, some female green riders foresaw problems with their green dragons being flown by blues since this meant they might have to have sex with a gay male who, in his turn, would not be very much interested to have sex with them. Jule, a Weyrbred weyrling from the Telgar "class" of Winter 257 offered this solution: "You make an arrangement with another rider to be on hand when your green gets proddy. Then the blue rider gets his mate, if he's got one, or anyone else who's willing - and you better believe that anyone's willing when dragons are going to participate. So you bed the one you like, and the blue rider his choice, and you ALL enjoy!" [RSR/11:273].

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Chrystal on January 09, 2015, 02:31:38 PM
By the way... I was looking up something about Sean and Sorka Connell in the Pern Encyclopaedia and I came across this. I think Sweet has alluded to it.

Yep, standins are only allowed in Green situations though - due to the fact that the more intune riders are, for Gold Flights, the more the clutch may produce...

Elzith

Hmm..it's gone rather quiet in here as of late, with only the same three or four people talking at all. Perhaps checking over who's still interested would be a good idea?

SweetSerenade

I'll be running down the list of players and contacting everyone to double check interest. It's my daughters birthday party today, so I am a bit busy with that. I plan on sending out the message after I make one or two profiles for myself.

Chrystal

The first few approved characters are up on the Wiki

There is also a Wiki category for this game. If you could add it to every file and/or page used in the game (whether or not you uploaded the file for this game) please?

[[category:Pern-SOF]]

You should also still tag character images with [[category:characters]] - you can have as many categories on a file as you need.

I just PMed a couple of "Wiki-code" character sheets to Sweet. Whether she wants to replace the BBCode ones with them on this and the recruitment thread or just add them or leave them as is, I don't mind. Whatever is going to be easiest for players!

Elzith

I'll be withdrawing actually. Looks interesting and whatnot, but had another look through the thread and over the wiki and have decided the game is not for me. Best of luck with it all.