curiosity about roleplay

Started by badsam, August 24, 2011, 01:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badsam

This is my first post as a member of the community so I wish to start greeting all :)
During my approval path, a really interesting question was posted for me (I don't specify the name here because I don't know if he will be ok with that ) ... and I would like to know what you think about this topic.

Quotehis is a quote I really like, a lot: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – How would you like to make people feel?

Well.. my answer was:

QuoteI think that the sentence you quoted is very interesting, and very deep.
The first answer is surely that I want them to feel good, I want them to feel better after that they encountered me than before.
But as almost always, the first answer isn't complete;) I think that the main topic is how does a person want to feel, what he/she is interested in, what he/she is looking for. and that is what I want, I want them to enjoy the chat or the role play session, but for this to come true, it is important for me to understand them.
In the end I think that the important for me is to make other feel understood. Yes, understood here is for me the key-word.
I'm really interested in other opinion, but I don't think this is the right place, correct me if I' m wrong.

What do you think about that?

PS: If this is not the correct place to post this kind of things, I apologize

Oniya

That's actually a very admirable way to want to make someone feel.  It goes beyond any of the standard 'feelings', because it takes active listening - which is a talent that not everyone takes the time to use.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

badsam

Well... to be honest It is really hard.... and not always I feel like I hit the right target... but at least that is the target :)
I'm very curious about what other want the partner to feels like ;)