Vampire the Masquerade Sabbat Game - Bloody Bastion [System]

Started by Esoterrorist, February 18, 2018, 04:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lockepick

To add onto Drowdeviant's responses...

- In regards to your Sire: You don't necessarily need to convince them. Not all Embraces are consensual. Still, they theoretically had SOME reason to embrace you, even if it was "you were a random guy they wanted to use a distraction/shock troop". Nothing says all distractions/shock troops die!

The 2007 Crusade is in the Nashville by Night page (linked in the first post) -- it's a historical event specific to this game/setting.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Lockepick on February 19, 2018, 11:14:43 AM
To add onto Drowdeviant's responses...

- In regards to your Sire: You don't necessarily need to convince them. Not all Embraces are consensual. Still, they theoretically had SOME reason to embrace you, even if it was "you were a random guy they wanted to use a distraction/shock troop". Nothing says all distractions/shock troops die!

The 2007 Crusade is in the Nashville by Night page (linked in the first post) -- it's a historical event specific to this game/setting.

Oh xD. Yeah being a shovelhead typically entails not having a long life expectancy. xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

wander

I think I'm gonna be spending freebies to bump those Backgrounds and get a few more in. Those five points got the basics I wanted though at least.

I'm actually reading through the old Tzimisce Clanbook: Revised edition, to ponder what Path to take my character right now. The V20 corebook has many options of different Paths, I didn't find Lore of the Clans to helpful to decide which one would suit however. The Tzimisce Clanbook has some great info on the Paths. Metamorphosis is the most obvious one, though the Clanbook gives some interesting other options too.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 11:24:19 AM
I think I'm gonna be spending freebies to bump those Backgrounds and get a few more in. Those five points got the basics I wanted though at least.

I'm actually reading through the old Tzimisce Clanbook: Revised edition, to ponder what Path to take my character right now. The V20 corebook has many options of different Paths, I didn't find Lore of the Clans to helpful to decide which one would suit however. The Tzimisce Clanbook has some great info on the Paths. Metamorphosis is the most obvious one, though the Clanbook gives some interesting other options too.

Well I'm becoming a pack priest/ess with my gal. Likely will be leading a small kinky sex cult as her herd. xD

Any idea what pack you would be joining wonder.
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Florence

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1499053

Throwing this up here for now, full disclosure, subject to change yadda yadda, maybe contain goofs or mistakes.

If anyone spots an error lemme know.

I'll go over it again after I've slept, fix any mistakes and finish it up.

In the meantime, take this as a WIP.

Backgrounds in particular might be switched up a little, though they also might not. I'll mull it over again when my brain's at full power.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Lockepick

How does Selinic Sorcery work exactly in this setting? Is it one umbrella that blurs the lines between Selinic Sorcery, Thaumaturgy, and Koldunic Sorcery? Or does it simply mean the Telyavelic has access to the three different disciplines?

eg: If I take Thaumaturgy (Path of Technomancy) -- can I only take rituals from standard Thaumaturgy? Or could I take a Koldunic Ritual? Do I gain Krainas -- or is that only if I actually take a Koldunic path?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

wander

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 19, 2018, 11:37:28 AM
Well I'm becoming a pack priest/ess with my gal. Likely will be leading a small kinky sex cult as her herd. xD

Any idea what pack you would be joining wonder.

Edited in the Pack I chose earlier, it's the sexy Eurotrash pack (Qui Vivra Verra).
I'm also part Swiss and was making a joke about an old programme that used to be on Channel 4 here in the UK before anyone gets super roiled I said 'Eurotrash'. Twice. ;)

Last night I was tired and couldn't really see any that fit, today when I woke up I reread them all, did some research and went with who I went with. ^^

I don't see my character as religious really at all. They're an artist and sculptor of the flesh mainly. As soon as I factor in their Path of Enlightenment, that should also set in their Nature and Demeanour. I have a basic thought of how I'd play them, though we'll see what choices fit that thought and may potentially affect that as I continue on.

Pockets

Hey Esoterrorist, are Meta-Disciplines going to be allowed in this? I'm asking because I've got a character in mind, but the concept really uses a meta-discipline to give him the full flare that I want.

Also, do you consider all forms of blood sorcery to be Thaumaturgy or is each style it's own form of blood magic independent from each other. Like Dur'an'ki is different from Sadhana.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 11:51:19 AM
Edited in the Pack I chose earlier, it's the sexy Eurotrash pack (Qui Vivra Verra).
I'm also part Swiss and was making a joke about an old programme that used to be on Channel 4 here in the UK before anyone gets super roiled I said 'Eurotrash'. Twice. ;)

Last night I was tired and couldn't really see any that fit, today when I woke up I reread them all, did some research and went with who I went with. ^^

I don't see my character as religious really at all. They're an artist and sculptor of the flesh mainly. As soon as I factor in their Path of Enlightenment, that should also set in their Nature and Demeanour. I have a basic thought of how I'd play them, though we'll see what choices fit that thought and may potentially affect that as I continue on.

.... :D

POSSIBLE PACK BUDDIES! xD

I'm taking the priest spot there. Gonna be playing a seductive serpent of light who has the lure of flame path for Thaumaturgy (hey our Ductus is a Tremere, she could've taught her that shit xD). I'll likely get Wanga a little later. :3

Or I might go for the Antebellum rejects cause Sir Mordecai seems like a fun guy. :3

Lockepick

Also, another question for the GM -- should we be posting our sheets here? Since there is SOME PvP component, I thought I'd ask.

Esoterrorist

Wow, lots of questions. Yay!

Wander - Pack of Metamorphosis is insanely rare in the Sabbat. It doesn't play well with others and typically is done by solitary Tzimisce. It can be done but isn't recommended.

Inoshima - Read the world thread, please.

Lockepick - I don't think I've heard of Selinic Sorcery. Where did you see this name? Looked it up, it's the jargon for Telyavelic practices and Sielanic. I know the Telyavelic Tremere practice pagan Thaumaturgy and they wouldn't have Technomancy in that practice. The only Tremere that have Technomancy available to them are the Camarilla Tremere and the Anarchs who've split from them. The Sabbat does not practice or have widespread access to Technomancy. The House Goratrix and House Chernobog have different styles and a few different paths but don't think just because it was printed in a book it's out there. Telyavelic Thaumaturgy is NOT Koldunic Sorcery and I refuse to use "Krainas" over the old system because I think the Kraina system is shit. And yes, all sheets will be visible to every player - I believe in transparency in these things.

Pockets - Every path of Blood Magic is separate in some way. Just because there is a Path of Technomancy or Curses doesn't mean everyone would have access to it. I also have never heard of meta-disciplines, do you mean combination disciplines? Or is that the rule for optional low level powers?

Drowdeviant - I specifically asked for discretion for Out of Clan Disciplines. WHY would a Tremere teach you Thaumaturgy when Thaumaturgy is their only trump card? If Thaumaturgy becomes well known then they can finally be killed by the Tzimisce, Salubri antitribu, and others who hate them.
Sloppy toppy for papi, I leave sloppy Joe shook - I only call you Captain because your dick off the hook!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 19, 2018, 01:02:35 PM
Drowdeviant - I specifically asked for discretion for Out of Clan Disciplines. WHY would a Tremere teach you Thaumaturgy when Thaumaturgy is their only trump card? If Thaumaturgy becomes well known then they can finally be killed by the Tzimisce, Salubri antitribu, and others who hate them.

Ok then. 0-0

Could I take Obtenebration, Protean or Vicissitude then?

Otherwise I might be taking Fortitude. :P

Lockepick

Lockepick - I don't think I've heard of Selinic Sorcery. Where did you see this name? Looked it up, it's the jargon for Telyavelic practices and Sielanic. I know the Telyavelic Tremere practice pagan Thaumaturgy and they wouldn't have Technomancy in that practice. The only Tremere that have Technomancy available to them are the Camarilla Tremere and the Anarchs who've split from them. The Sabbat does not practice or have widespread access to Technomancy. The House Goratrix and House Chernobog have different styles and a few different paths but don't think just because it was printed in a book it's out there. Telyavelic Thaumaturgy is NOT Koldunic Sorcery and I refuse to use "Krainas" over the old system because I think the Kraina system is shit. And yes, all sheets will be visible to every player - I believe in transparency in these things.

I actually wasn't intending to take Technomancy to start, but it is on my list of future paths. I thought Telyavelic, based on my research, had access to all Tremere Thaumaturgy. If you're blocking certain paths, is there anywhere I could see a list of what is/isn't allowed? That will likely make me determine whether or not I'm an Antritribu or Telyavelic.

And just to confirm, you're saying Telyavelic don't have access to Koldunic Sorcery in this game?

wander

I'd probably look to Disciplines that multiple Clans can take rather than the unique ones.

Okay, I went with Path of Honorable Accord after.
Seemed to fit where the character sheet is going, slowly turning into a bit of a Knight. A little bit against concept, though otherwise I was looking at Path of Lilith as the one that fit and I didn't see my character lasting long if they went with that... ^^; (HERETIC!!)

Nature and Demeanour filled in. I actually went with something that fit the concept again after I went a bit shakey come their Path! ^^;; I also forgot before spending freebies that abilities max at 3, so I'm gonna edit them for when I do spend the rest of the freebies assigned (I spent two for Willpower already to keep the character legal).

Drowdeviant

Quote from: wander on February 19, 2018, 01:21:29 PM
I'd probably look to Disciplines that multiple Clans can take rather than the unique ones.

Okay, I went with Path of Honorable Accord after.
Seemed to fit where the character sheet is going, slowly turning into a bit of a Knight. A little bit against concept, though otherwise I was looking at Path of Lilith as the one that fit and I didn't see my character lasting long if they went with that... ^^; (HERETIC!!)

Onto Nature and Demeanour then, maybe now I'll have more a feel for what fits my character well.

...So Potence and Fortitude it is. :P

Pockets

Pockets - Every path of Blood Magic is separate in some way. Just because there is a Path of Technomancy or Curses doesn't mean everyone would have access to it. I also have never heard of meta-disciplines, do you mean combination disciplines? Or is that the rule for optional low level powers?

Alright, and yeah. I'm talking about Combination Disciplines. But combination disciplines range in power from ones that only require a point in two separate disciplines to some monstrous ones with painful XP costs.
08/02 - New A/A Update

Esoterrorist

Lockepick: Tremere, no matter what the lineage, have never had access to Koldunic Sorcery because of Thaumaturgy. That's like saying "Vicissitude allows me to change shapes so can I have the level 5 power of Protean instead of Vicissitude?" I may make a list but no, just because it is printed in the book does not mean every Tremere can learn it. Thaumaturgy is a weird beast and requires plenty of research and training in it - having it as a Clan Discipline just means it is easier to learn not that you can just spontaneously learn a Path of it or a ritual.

Drowdeviant: What Wander said. Single Clan Disciplines are very highly guarded and generally aren't taught to outsiders. The Caitiff/Pander ability to spontaneously show Disciplines is one of the reasons they are reviled.

Wander: As stated in the worldbuilding thread and through V20 'meta' the paths of Harmony and Lilith are not heretical in the Sabbat anymore. Though the variant path of Lilith where you try to fuck demons would be very heretical. Also: you cannot start the game with a 4 in an Ability without spending freebies. I believe your Melee was 4 before this.

Pockets: Yes, combination Disciplines are allowed as long as they have been reproduced in V20 rules or might be if you run the revised edition one by me and I approve. They cost 1/2 the xp cost, rounded down, in freebies if you can buy them that way.

@All: Please do what Wander has done and show what you've done on your post and not a myth-weavers sheet. Also definitely list how you spent your freebies please.
Sloppy toppy for papi, I leave sloppy Joe shook - I only call you Captain because your dick off the hook!

wander

Yep, I edited down Melee when I realised what I did. Took that extra dot and added it as a third dot in Stealth instead.

I'm gonna do Merits and Flaws next.

Agh... I maaaay change to Path of Lilith in that case as it fits my concept way more. I'll sort out Merits and Flaws first though and think on it some.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 19, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
Lockepick: Tremere, no matter what the lineage, have never had access to Koldunic Sorcery because of Thaumaturgy. That's like saying "Vicissitude allows me to change shapes so can I have the level 5 power of Protean instead of Vicissitude?" I may make a list but no, just because it is printed in the book does not mean every Tremere can learn it. Thaumaturgy is a weird beast and requires plenty of research and training in it - having it as a Clan Discipline just means it is easier to learn not that you can just spontaneously learn a Path of it or a ritual.

Drowdeviant: What Wander said. Single Clan Disciplines are very highly guarded and generally aren't taught to outsiders. The Caitiff/Pander ability to spontaneously show Disciplines is one of the reasons they are reviled.

Wander: As stated in the worldbuilding thread and through V20 'meta' the paths of Harmony and Lilith are not heretical in the Sabbat anymore. Though the variant path of Lilith where you try to fuck demons would be very heretical. Also: you cannot start the game with a 4 in an Ability without spending freebies. I believe your Melee was 4 before this.

Pockets: Yes, combination Disciplines are allowed as long as they have been reproduced in V20 rules or might be if you run the revised edition one by me and I approve. They cost 1/2 the xp cost, rounded down, in freebies if you can buy them that way.

@All: Please do what Wander has done and show what you've done on your post and not a myth-weavers sheet. Also definitely list how you spent your freebies please.

Ok here is where I'm at currently

Character: Sister Isabella Snow
Concept: Sin Eater
Nature: Trickster
Demeanor: Guru
Sire: Unknown
Morality: Path of Caine
Clan: Catiff/Pander
Pack: The Antebellum Rejects or Qui Vivra Verra
Generation: 9th
Pack Hierarchy - Priest

Attributes

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Appearance: 3
Manipulation: 4

Intelligence: 2
Perception: 2
Wits: 3

Abilities

Talents
Awareness: 2
Athletics: 2
Empathy: 2
Brawl: 3
Streetwise: 2
Subterfuge: 2

Skills
Performance: 3
Melee: 3
Firearms: 3

Knowledge
Occult: 3
Medicine: 2

Advantages

Disciplines
Seprentis: 2
Potence: 1
Fortitude: 1
Protean: 1
Vicissitude: 1

Backgrounds
Domain: 2
Generation: 4 (1 freebie point spent)
Rituals: 4 (4 Freebie points spent)
Herd: 2 (2 freebie points spent)
Relics: 3 (3 freebie points spent)

Virtues
Conviction: 2
Instinct: 3
Courage: 3

Path Rating (Path of Caine): 5

Willpower: 5 (2 freebie points spent)

Merits:
Hidden Diablerie (3 points)
Personal Masquerade (3 points)
Sanctity (2 points)
Concentration (1 point)
Common Sense (1 point)
Multi-Lingual: (2 points)
Flaws:
Clan Weakness- Lamia (2 points)
Clan Enmity- Followers of Set (4 points)
Nightmares (1 point)
Freebie Points left: 0/25

wander

Okay, changed my Path to Path of Lilith now, as it fit my concept more. Was tough picking Merits and Flaws. Flaws are more or less finalised, Merits less so. I suppose partly where I'd want freebies to fall more easily shall decide what points go to Merits now.

I also need now to ponder what Revenant Family weakness my character will have now. I'm probably gonna be spending most my time now tweaking around for the freebies. The character is mostly done though, phew.  :-)

RubySlippers

Are Caitiff allowed, not Pander she will have been random embraced by some dick thin blooded piece of shit seeing it he could do it and then dumped her and if she wasn't 15th generation she might have died and all her disciplines will be inspired by movies and fiction books since she has no other resources. Then some Sabbats dragged her off to initiate for shits and giggles and shocked she survived.

Likely disciplines and remember these would be of the no one told me I couldn't do this so well if they did it in movies and books it must be legit - Flight (lost boys, salems lot, forever knight) would be her odd ball one and it hurt jumping off roofs to learn to do it. Fortitude since hell everyone saw movies right they are tough. Dominate or Presence (vamps command minds and are sexy). Obfuscate (fright night vamps can be unseen by mortals right). Potence (vamps are super strong). And I could make up one hell its the super power of a Caitiff and stick a dot in it maybe Sparkle Skin (twilight vamps -> but you and the sabbat might rip her apart for that one). Or maybe some discipline inspired by Buffy like Vamp Out! adding small dice pool bonuses as it gets better. I have lots of ideas from folk lore and Supernatural the TV series.

Likely a bunch of minor power level disciplines.

Peanuts

Wow this blew up! hehehe, will transcribe my sheet to text later on, really need to write up my sheet for a different game I've been procrastinating :p
If I haven't posted in a day or two check here, maybe harrass me a bit if there isn't a post :p

Haven't got an On/Offs thread, so check my RP preferences instead.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 19, 2018, 04:11:26 PM
Are Caitiff allowed, not Pander she will have been random embraced by some dick thin blooded piece of shit seeing it he could do it and then dumped her and if she wasn't 15th generation she might have died and all her disciplines will be inspired by movies and fiction books since she has no other resources. Then some Sabbats dragged her off to initiate for shits and giggles and shocked she survived.

Likely disciplines and remember these would be of the no one told me I couldn't do this so well if they did it in movies and books it must be legit - Flight (lost boys, salems lot, forever knight) would be her odd ball one and it hurt jumping off roofs to learn to do it. Fortitude since hell everyone saw movies right they are tough. Dominate or Presence (vamps command minds and are sexy). Obfuscate (fright night vamps can be unseen by mortals right). Potence (vamps are super strong). And I could make up one hell its the super power of a Caitiff and stick a dot in it maybe Sparkle Skin (twilight vamps -> but you and the sabbat might rip her apart for that one). Or maybe some discipline inspired by Buffy like Vamp Out! adding small dice pool bonuses as it gets better. I have lots of ideas from folk lore and Supernatural the TV series.

Likely a bunch of minor power level disciplines.

Ruby you have to be responsible with your disciplines like Eso wants. Catiffs are expressly prohibited as part of "all the others" referenced in his allowed clans/bloodlines in the first post on the thread. :P

Esoterrorist

Caitiff are allowed but in the Sabbat they ARE called Panders, period. You could have a 15th gen Pander which is the exact same thing as a Caitiff just named differently. The only downside is that Flight can only be learned by those with wings such as Gargoyles or some (un?)lucky Gangrel.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 19, 2018, 04:40:02 PM
Caitiff are allowed but in the Sabbat they ARE called Panders, period. You could have a 15th gen Pander which is the exact same thing as a Caitiff just named differently. The only downside is that Flight can only be learned by those with wings such as Gargoyles or some (un?)lucky Gangrel.

...*looks into a Pander then* xD