Halo: Extinction [OOC]

Started by Sabby, January 25, 2008, 09:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Welcome to the pre-battle barracks players :) discuss the current happenings in the game, the characters, so forth.

Try and keep a good level of communication.

psouth119

Name:  Zeke McCoy

Nickname: Silent Assassin

Branch:Spartan

Race Human

Nationality American

Age 24

Height: 6 foot 3 inches

Weight 183 pounds

Hair color Brown

Eye color Blue

With his armor on he usually look like this...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics%202/PlayerModelashx.jpg

just the armor isn't pink its black and red

My Characters favorite weapon is the sniper rifle and Battle rifle due to his days as a sniper in the Army.

Equipment: He favors the plasma grenade for sticking it to those special Grunts.

Armor: He uses the armor in the pic but it's white and yellow

Disadvantages: Melee and Lots AND lots of covenant.

History: Zeke Grew up on Harvest,he used this place to work on his hunting and stalking skills. Zeke stayed with Johnson and he shot at least 300 brutes.an took up arms by his father being a sniper in the Army. His father taught him how to stalk and shoot quickly and get out quickly.His nickname is The Silent Assassin because almost al of his kills are silent and deadly. Zeke joined the Spartan Regiment Zulu which is a sniper regiment.Zeke joined the Spartans when he was 20. He has  wife and a kid back on earth.Zeke is currently back with his family and will come back to service in one month

Sabby

Too bad those 'special grunts' are your allies :P

The character is solid enough. Apart from one hole in it (Spartans are born into the project, they can't join at 20)

Works well enough for me :) I assume your Spartan is in the conference room watching over Lord Hood and the other UNSC.

psouth119

i guess so lol where ever we are starting is where i am lol  :P

LordAnubis

Name: CMC Duncan Caine

Species: Human

Background: Caine’s early training in the Spartan Program was hampered by his resistance to the limited supplies they were given for their tests.  More often than not he was disciplined by the commanders and then his team mates for sneaking some additional bit of equipment into the training exercises which was deemed cheating.  Eventually either he became better at hiding his additional equipment or they saw it as him overcoming opposition, but regardless it continued throughout his service, resulting in him hulling back any Covent equipment that was still functional after a battle.

Appearance: His armor is the standard MJOLNIR armor with a mottled green and brown, that on close inspection no one has really been able to decide what color it is, save effective when waking through a forested environment because it doesn’t look like a manufactured color.

Personality: Caine looks at any problem you face as a failure to prepare adequately.  He is known for carrying nonstandard equipment and possibly modifying equipment assigned to him.  Once in enemy territory his first actions usually involve stealing a vehicle or weapons, using their ammo first saving his for when he’d need it.  This got to the point where those in his squad began to refer to him as the repo man, a throw back to early earth where your property could be reposed if bills were not paid.

Strengths:
Familiarity with most known weapons
Nonstandard modifications to equipment
Innate understanding of mechanical devices (if he sits in a vehicle unless impossible he will drive it)

Weakness':
Does not handle restrictions well, and will cheat if possible
Due to his tendency to create easier paths, other Spartans are better at hand to hand combat
Occasionally his modifications don’t work out as intended, such as the scope that allowed him to peer through smoke, but peered through Covent bodies as well, making in impossible to see a target to hit them.(does not use anymore)

Anything else?
He favors his large bore Shotgun, giving more firepower but shortening the effective range and his assault rifle for his assigned weapons, though he’ll pick up anything save a plasma sword that he comes across.  Plasma swords only get picked up if he sees something in the immediate vicinity that needs to be cut, otherwise he can just place a grenade or ask a comrade to handle it.

LordAnubis

Do you mean 724's lack of tact?  *chuckles*  I think you hybride'd our numbers.

Question Mark

Just going to stick this out here...  But Zeke can't be 24...  Harvest was destroyed in 2525, 32 years before now.  According to what you said (shot 30 brutes), he'd also have to be at least 15 on Harvest, which would put him in the neighborhood of 45 years old...

Also, 724 and 5-something (can't remember) are well above the 1-150 designations given to the SPARTANS.  Are Zeke and co. S-III's?  That's feasible, since there were a considerable number of S-III's around during the events of Halo 3.

~?~

LordAnubis

I think I just ran with the large designating number and just went with one lower.  I had forgotten there was only 150.  I think he'll have to be 75 then, because he is supposed to be spartan 2

psouth119

i know everyone im sorry i was lazy and didnt want to make a character so i used a character i already made for a halo role play i w as in on another forum. his number is 024 and he is 17

Sabby

Well, there are bound to be inaccuracies in the game, so unless theres something super wrong/stupid, lets just enjoy it as a halo theme :P

LordAnubis

And afterwards we try 092 as a war criminal *chuckles*

LordAnubis

I'm sorry I'm really losing intrest in this game.

Either the conversations need to be less onside with the Elite being told to hold their tongues when they call human's stupid as well, or we need to get beyond this immediately.  I understand both spartans have snapped off but the human leadership being played is letting the Elite make all the moves and complaining about it.

Question Mark

well, I've been carrying this on my back lately, so I flexed a little more muscle than usual.  Remember, 'Vadumee, Hood, 'Gugomemee, etc. are all NPCs.  No one has exclusive rights over them.

Sabby

Sorry I haven't posted either. Just not feeling a lot of inspiration right now... I'll come back to the game when life is back to normal.

LordAnubis

I'm sorry guys, but I'm done.

I understand you were trying to keep the game going Question, but what you called flexing muscle really bugged me, because it ended my ability to play the character besides posting that I'm quiet.  Same as what happened to the other spartan character.  Best of luck with your game.

psouth119

i know i want to keep roleplaying in this but i've been stuck for along time lol :(