The Buddy List

Started by Avis habilis, May 15, 2009, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avis habilis

So just what is adding a person to your buddy list supposed to do anyway? I've got a few people on it & the only thing I've noticed so far is that their names are bolded in the list of people currently online that appears at the bottom of the main forum page. Am I missing something?

Maeven

That's basically it. *nods*

And then there's a little tab on their online status indicator. 
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

If you look at your profile, you should also have the option to Edit Buddies on the left hand side.  That brings up a list of all members on your buddy list.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Xillen

That's about it. On the Who's Online list, you can notice by their monitor shifting slightly to the right.

Maeven

Quote from: Xillen on May 15, 2009, 03:05:09 PM
That's about it. On the Who's Online list, you can notice by their monitor shifting slightly to the right.

You know, I never noticed that! Nifty.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Avis habilis

Quote from: Valerian on May 15, 2009, 03:05:03 PMIf you look at your profile, you should also have the option to Edit Buddies on the left hand side.  That brings up a list of all members on your buddy list.

I did spot that, thanks. I just wondered if there was some other function I was missing, like a speed-dial for PMs. Although I guess jumping to your buddy list does close enough to that.

Oh, & thanks for pointing out the indicator changes, Maeven & Xillen. Hadn't noticed that before.