Recruitment Closed: Shadowrun 4e: Heavy Metal King

Started by NotoriusBEN, May 09, 2010, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Alright.  Happy to have made some helpful suggestions, then. ^^ I guess I'd better head to bed.

Opheliac

Quote from: Opheliac on May 11, 2010, 06:15:51 AM
And as a side note, the char generator says Reaction Enhancers stack. Double checked it in the book... The programs wrong.

I just read Wired Reflexes, which states the only thing it stacks with is Reaction Enhancers. It is very specific. I really don't need titanium lacing when ceramic isnt nearly as gluttonous with my essence, so im going to fiddle with the sheet again. Then Im going to bed before I fiddle with it more!

Kunoichi

Strange.  My own copy says that Wired Reflexes doesn't stack with any other form of initiative enchancement. Oo;

Looking over your altered character sheet now, though, I'd have to say that it looks pretty good. ^^ The only last note I've got is that any money leftover from character generation doesn't carry over into the game itself, (starting nuyen is determined by lifestyle,) so if 'Nuyen Remaining: 29180' is what I think it is, you'll probably want to spend some of that, and convert the rest back into BP.

I recommend stick-n-shock ammo, myself. ;D It's nonlethal, ignores half the enemy's armor, works on drones...  Massively useful, so always a wise investment.

Paladin

Quote from: Opheliac on May 11, 2010, 07:28:42 AM
I just read Wired Reflexes, which states the only thing it stacks with is Reaction Enhancers. It is very specific. I really don't need titanium lacing when ceramic isnt nearly as gluttonous with my essence, so im going to fiddle with the sheet again. Then Im going to bed before I fiddle with it more!

Umm be sure to check the Eratta. If you don't have that then the An eversary edition 70$ or something like that TRUMPS all other editions as its the most recent. Its also full color.

NotoriusBEN

great posts so far guys! Im going to take a look over the character sheets really quickly just to make sure they are all here. Word to the wise, make sure you have your props all ready to go before you even start a recruit thread :P

It's nothing serious, but I wouldnt be scrambling half as much otherwise, haha.

Kunoichi

Ah, but speaking of starting nuyen... >>;

Starting nuyen for Low lifestyle. Multiply result by 50. (3d6=3)

I guess Timbre's walking around with just 150 nuyen in her bank account. ^^;

ReijiTabibito

Opheliac

Quote from: Paladin on May 11, 2010, 07:06:16 PM
Umm be sure to check the Eratta. If you don't have that then the An eversary edition 70$ or something like that TRUMPS all other editions as its the most recent. Its also full color.

The copy I have is the 20th anneverary edition.

Mmkay, I'll buy more goodies, and shunt some cash back into BP... Maybe pick up an extra attribute.

Kunoichi

Hmm, I guess one of us has a book with a mistake in it, then.  Probably something to ask Ben to give a ruling on.

If he rules that they don't stack, Wired Reflexes 2 might be an option to consider.

Opheliac

I played with that. Id need Deltaware WR2s to fit with my essence

Kunoichi

Hmm.  If you took out your cyberears or orientation system, would there be enough room then? ^^; I can see why you'd want those, but at the same time they're not strictly necessary.

Opheliac

That would put me at exactly 0 essence, taking out the reaction enhancer, the cyber ears and the orientation system, and putting in alpha WR2s

Kunoichi

NotoriusBEN

on page 342 of the SR4A, it says that WR and reaction enhancers are pretty much the only way to stack initiative. (thank god to the new indexing system, it even cross references the other core books :D )

even then, WR is sick in it's own right granting extra turns in combat. with reaction enhancers, Ophie is pretty much the cyber equivalent of jedi.

ReijiTabibito

BEN is right. Oph's Street Sam is good for a starter.  Granted, I have WR II and 2 initiative passes...but that's because I'm the hacker, and I'm going to need all those actions to be able to do stuff in cyberspace.

Kunoichi

*has been working off the regular 4th edition and the Anniversary Edition changes document, herself*

Huh.  I guess they forgot to put that part into that particular document.  Thank you for clearing it up for me, Ben. ^^

Edit: And my apologies for wasting your time with that wired reflexes suggestion, Ophe. ^^;

Opheliac

Oh its no problem. :)

And im thinking of getting rid of the milspec armor, and just keeping the form fitting. The milspec is expensive, and I'll be arrested as soon as I put it on. I can use the money for other things, as well as giving me one of the rare item qualities back.

ReijiTabibito

Kunoichi

Quote from: Opheliac on May 11, 2010, 09:16:26 PM
Oh its no problem. :)

And im thinking of getting rid of the milspec armor, and just keeping the form fitting. The milspec is expensive, and I'll be arrested as soon as I put it on. I can use the money for other things, as well as giving me one of the rare item qualities back.

Sounds like a good idea to me.  You can actually wear Form-Fitting Body Armor underneath a second set of regular armor and have them stack, and the Form-Fitting armor will only add half its total armor value to encumberance, so you could probably get away with wearing a second set of armor over it, if you want.  An Armor Jacket would get you 14/8 Ballistic/Impact without encumberance, for example. ;D

Then you could trick out the armor if you wanted, or add in any other extra bits of gear you wanted to buy. ^^

NotoriusBEN

kind of a good thing that replies are slow tonight ^^;

tokens ahoy!

Opheliac

Oh my goddess. *hides face* I was doing my cyber modifications without including the 10% essence bonus.

NotoriusBEN

what does the text say for biocompatibility? that's the 10% essence thing your talking about right? p. 20 augmentation

(Like I said, the super index in SR4A is awesome...)

Kunoichi

xD Well, that's alright.  I guess it means you've got some essence to spare, right?

Anyway, Ben, I've decided which of the pictures I linked to I'd use for my character: The first one, with the elf fits my concept best. ^^

NotoriusBEN

that's good kuno, because that's the one I was going to use :P

ReijiTabibito

Ah, BEN?  We have a problem...I looked at AllieCat's character sheet...she's missing some of her free Knowledge Skill points.  She's got 9 (Int+Log, multiplied by 3), and used 3 on Japanese...but the other 6 are still missing.