DC's Earth Minus-1: Super Society versus the Legion of Power [Recruiting]

Started by Foxy DeVille, May 30, 2020, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxy DeVille

In the vastness of the Multiverse there are some truths that seem absolute. Heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Green Lantern battle the villainous Lex Luthor, the Cheetah, the Joker, and Sinestro. But sometimes there is a world where that rule has been flipped. One such place is known as…

The concept for my latest attempt at a DC game comes from a buddy o' mine. It’s a world where the heroes are the villains and vice versa. Earth Minus-1 isn’t quite like the Crime Syndicate or the Dark Universe as evil doesn’t rule there but it does make life interesting. The two opposing teams of metahumans and mystery men are the Super Society and the Legion of Power. Both are rather loose organizations with members coming and going at will but they do offer chances to socialize and network.

Players (or writers as I prefer to think of them with the DM being the editor) can be either hero-as-villain or the opposite and I’ll allow each person to have one of each. The concepts are wide open. You could be an established inverted version of a character or be totally original. It’s a brand new world, just a little backwards.

So gimme your questions, concepts, and comments...

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]SUPER NAME HERE[/b]
[b]Real Name: [/b]
[b]Also Known As: [/b]
[b]Occupation: [/b]
[b]Known Associations: [/b]

[b]Origin and Background: [/b]

[b]Powers/Skills/Gadgets: [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Weaknesses: [/b]

[b]Ons/Offs: [/b]

[b]Extras:[/b]

Orval Wintermute

Probably totally getting the wrong end of the stick but with socializing & networking thing would this be a Ralph Wolf v Sam Sheepdog set up?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on May 31, 2020, 09:07:41 AM
Probably totally getting the wrong end of the stick but with socializing & networking thing would this be a Ralph Wolf v Sam Sheepdog set up?

No, there are two separate organizations for heroes and villains.

Dhi

What do you think of Poison Ivy as heroine of the Green, and either Duplicate Girl or Saturn Girl as time-travelling villains from a 31st century evil galactic empire, here to set back the hero movement of the 21st century?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Dhi on May 31, 2020, 07:05:25 PM
What do you think of Poison Ivy as heroine of the Green, and either Duplicate Girl or Saturn Girl as time-travelling villains from a 31st century evil galactic empire, here to set back the hero movement of the 21st century?

I'd say... AWESOME~! Really like the idea of evil Legionnaires from the future, especially as the bad guy group is called the Legion of Power. Just a heads up though that all characters will be 18 and up for this game and any art should be depicting them as adults. Both those LSH Girls have had runs as semi-retired adults so that shouldn't be too hard. And Poison Ivy minus the whole sociopathic eco-terrorism thing slides right into a heroic role.

Oh and I guess I should say I'll be playing a version of Zatanna as a magic-wielding mob boss. Still batting around ideas for someone on the side of angels.

Dhi

I like Duplicate Girl's new design from the recent reboot under Bendis. Is that aesthetic acceptable? Legion was one of my favorites from DC, and I always thought of the cast as young professionals, juggling personal lives and career, making and breaking ill-advised relationships with the laissez faire of twenty-something celebrities.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Dhi on May 31, 2020, 07:53:57 PM
I like Duplicate Girl's new design from the recent reboot under Bendis. Is that aesthetic acceptable? Legion was one of my favorites from DC, and I always thought of the cast as young professionals, juggling personal lives and career, making and breaking ill-advised relationships with the laissez faire of twenty-something celebrities.

Ehhhhh... the Bendis Legion has been described as teenagers so I'm gonna play it safe and say to avoid any looks from that. Dunno if this helps but going off the dates in the DC Heroes' Legion sourcebook the Duo Damsel look and Saturn Girl's notorious pink bikini both debuted when they were adults. Or really just about anything since it's a brave new world. For instance I'm going with Dita von Teese for my gal because vintage-slash-gothic look she has suits my idea of a mafia magician. 

Dhi

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Dhi on May 31, 2020, 09:00:33 PM
So you're looking for face claims?

Whatever y'all wanna go with. Artwork, photos, interpretive dance...

Dhi

Face claims simplify things. It would free me from having to navigate the minefield of canon character art, save maybe a costume reference.

Orval Wintermute

I was thinking of using Ragman as the hero turned villain with a Venom-esque take on it with the suit of souls having absorbed something it shouldn't combine with the owner not being the world's most upstanding citizen.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on June 01, 2020, 01:56:19 AM
I was thinking of using Ragman as the hero turned villain with a Venom-esque take on it with the suit of souls having absorbed something it shouldn't combine with the owner not being the world's most upstanding citizen.

Oooooo... Ragman's not a name that come up much. Very interesting

Athem

Catwoman as a Batman-like hero wouldn't be a stretch even for the regular DC universe.

How about an evil Supergirl? Not so much conquer-the-universe evil as completely self-centered and selfish.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Athem on June 02, 2020, 05:36:55 AM
How about an evil Supergirl? Not so much conquer-the-universe evil as completely self-centered and selfish.

So insta-famous?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Athem on June 02, 2020, 05:36:55 AM
Catwoman as a Batman-like hero wouldn't be a stretch even for the regular DC universe.

Catwoman would be cool. I'm a bit a sucker for how she was right before the Crisis when she was pretty heroic. The fact she was fighting crime with a cat o' nine tails and a high slit dress might have been part of the reason.

Supergirl would be cool too (reminder... 18 and up please). Having all the power and zero responsibility would be nifty. Usually with evil Supes types it's right to megalomaniac so one simply doing whatever da heck she wants is a novel look.

So we're just about at the interest level of where I'd like to be to fire this up. Wouldn't mind one of two more. I'll prolly get a sheet up later so those who have their concepts in my can hammer out the deets.

Athem

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 02, 2020, 07:30:12 AM
Catwoman would be cool. I'm a bit a sucker for how she was right before the Crisis when she was pretty heroic. The fact she was fighting crime with a cat o' nine tails and a high slit dress might have been part of the reason.

I liked the story that introduced Prometheus, where his entire evil plan to destroy the Watchtower came unstuck because he only knew about the heroes... and Catwoman was there to steal some jewels. Only used a bullwhip, but she applied it somewhere Prometheus really wished she hadn't 8-)

Quote from: Foxy Oni on June 02, 2020, 07:30:12 AM
Supergirl would be cool too (reminder... 18 and up please). Having all the power and zero responsibility would be nifty. Usually with evil Supes types it's right to megalomaniac so one simply doing whatever da heck she wants is a novel look.

I'm thinking more 'spoiled college kid'. Very entitled; doesn't bother with a secret identity. Wouldn't be a megalomaniac: running a planet sounds too much like work.

And, for the sake of humor, as woefully lacking in common sense as most comic-book villains...

Dhi

Empyrean

I'll plant an interest flag, as I'm enjoying your other game Foxy. :)

For villain turned Hero my idea is simple:

Brightside IS.  :P

For a Hero turned Villain: Jessica Cruz, the newest Green Lantern of Earth. Only in this reality the Green Lanterns usurped the power of the Lantern from the Guardians of the Universe and Jessica in turn usurped the power of the other Lanterns into herself. I picture her as having something of the power of the Dawnbreaker from the Dark Knights: Metal series.

Foxy DeVille

There is only one acceptable "Mr. Brightside" cover...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT6MVLmyvdA

Also... a sheet!

[float=right][img height=400 padding=5]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]SUPER NAME HERE[/b]
[b]Real Name: [/b]
[b]Also Known As: [/b]
[b]Occupation: [/b]
[b]Known Associations: [/b]

[b]Origin and Background: [/b]

[b]Powers/Skills/Gadgets: [/b]

[b]Appearance: [/b]

[b]Personality: [/b]

[b]Weaknesses: [/b]

[b]Ons/Offs: [/b]

[b]Extras:[/b]

Orval Wintermute

I've trying to decide on a villain hero flip; Zod feels a bit too easy\obvious, Doomsday feels like too much of a stretch but I think the Eradicator could work.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on June 03, 2020, 10:34:22 AM
I've trying to decide on a villain hero flip; Zod feels a bit too easy\obvious, Doomsday feels like too much of a stretch but I think the Eradicator could work.

Eradicator would be interesting. With his strong link to Krypton's culture he could be much more "alien" than Superman and offer some fun roleplaying opportunities.

Bernardo Hoagie

This is a great idea, I’ve always wanted to play a fear-based hero. I’m gonna play Scarecrow for the game, if you don’t mind.

For my Good to evil flip, I could do something for Ghost Rider or Constantine, they seem like good candidates.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on June 03, 2020, 07:58:01 PM
This is a great idea, I’ve always wanted to play a fear-based hero. I’m gonna play Scarecrow for the game, if you don’t mind.

For my Good to evil flip, I could do something for Ghost Rider or Constantine, they seem like good candidates.

Well, criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

As for Ghost Rider, he's Marvel and this is DC game. But Constantine is interesting to since I got the villainous version of his ex...   >:)

Mistress Magic

Also Known As: Lil’ Zee, The Sexy Sorceress, The Princess of Prestidigitation, La Strega (Italian for “The Witch”)
Occupation: Stage magician, burlesque performer, and Mafia boss
Known Associations: The Legion of Power, the Zatara crime family, her assistant Bunny

Origin and Background: Anna is the daughter of Giovanni Zatara, an Italian immigrant who became better known as Johnny Zee, the renowned illusionist. Johnny used his contacts in the nightclub circuit to become associated with the Mafia. He used his knowledge of tricks to devise ways to hide contraband and began opening clubs of his own to launder money. Johnny became quite successful in both of his professions and became known as “the Merlin of the Mob.” He married Bonnie, a Vegas showgirl who went by the stage name of Sindella. The two had a daughter, Anna Zatara.

As a child Anna was enthralled by both her parents and doted on by both of them. Her father taught her all about prestidigitation and she eagerly learned. Her mother was a connoisseur of classic Hollywood glamour and Anna emulated her tastes. While her childhood was happy, her parents eventually grew apart and Sindella moved back to Las Vegas when Anna was eighteen.

Meanwhile over the years Johnny Zee had become interested in the occult and had begun collecting artifacts rumored to have mystical power. One such item was the Cloak of Destiny, which he discovered granted him the power of true magic if he spoke backwards. Using sorcery he became one of the biggest bosses in the Mafia. The Zatara crime family dominated Gotham city but also had influence elsewhere. Johnny ‘s reign came to an end seven when he was caught off guards and assassinated by rivals. Anna cradled her dying father in her arms and swore vengeance.

She inherited Johnny’s chain of nightclubs but the Cloak of Destiny had been ruined by the gunfire that killed him. Yet when hitmen came for Anna she attempted the backwards speech out of desperation and was able to kill her would-be assassins. In the subsequent gang war Anna was able to regain much of the Zatara family’s territory and the rival mobs agreed to peace.

Today Anna runs the Ace O’ Clubs in Gotham where she performs a show that combines magic and burlesque as Mistress Magic. She is assisted by a mysterious woman called Bunny who is so subservient to Anna that it is rumored she is an actual rabbit turned human. Anna also runs much of the vice in Gotham City… gambling, drugs, and prostitution. She is always seeking to increase her strength both in crime and magic so she has allied with the Legion of Power.     

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Sorcery: Mistress Magic can warp reality through mystical means via backwards incantations. She is quite knowledgeable in occult matters, especially witchcraft and demonology. 

Sixth Sense: Anna’s intuition operates at a high level, allowing her to sense danger as well as the emotions of others. She uses this ability in conjunction with a tarot deck for divinations.

Performer: Mistress Magic’s act combines prestidigitation and burlesque, two things she does very well. She has two years of formal dance training and does Pilates to stay limber. Anna is skilled at sleight of hand and is a master escapologist. She usually has a few tricks up her sleeve… or wherever she can hide them.

Crime Lord: As the head of the Zatara crime family Anna knows a great deal about organized crime as well as the running of legit businesses as fronts. She is an expert gambler and a decent street fighter. Anna usually has about four million in cash on hand and an overall worth several times that.

Multilingual: Anna grew up learning Italian from her father. She also speaks passable French and Spanish.

Appearance: Anna is a pale raven-tressed beauty who dressed in a vintage style from the Golden Age. She  will frequently appear in public in French designed intimates because as an illusionist she knows the value of a distraction and as an exhibitionist she loves flaunting what she has.

Height: 5’ 7”
  Weight: 128 lbs
  Hair: Black
  Eyes: Green
  Measurements: 34C-23-35

Personality: Mistress Magic craves attention, which is why she goes out on stage instead of just enjoying the profits. While outwardly flamboyant  she can also be secretive, not letting many know about her true power. She knows a good magician never reveals how her tricks are done. Anna smokes Silk Cuts cigarettes and enjoys a good cocktail, she also occasionally indulges in party drugs. She has modeled much of her aesthetic on the era from the late thirties to the early fifties, from her hair to her clothes to her cars to her choice in movies. Anna is a firm believer in family and believes it is her duty to uphold her father’s legacy as both a magician and a criminal.

Weaknesses: As her sorcery requires her to speak an incantation backwards, Mistress Magic is severely hampered if she is unable to speak. Spellcasting can also be physically draining, especially with particularly large effects. Anna’s showmanship is another occasional liability, preferring to do something grand instead of direct. She is so used to being the one in control that she can underestimate an opponent.

Ons/Offs: In addition to her exhibitionism Anna has a deep interest in BDSM and a domme-sub relationship with her assistant Bunny. Her need for attention extends into her sex life and she enjoys having several partners of all genders. Anna is very open when it comes to experimentation, only declining some of the messier kinks.

Extras:

Bunny

The Ace O' Clubs

Bernardo Hoagie

Dang it, I knew I’d screw up by naming Marvel. As for my good guy turned bad, I’m thinking of running my own version of Aquaman. In my personal version, he’d be similar to the fish men of Innsmouth, and I plan to make Atlantis more Dagon-ish in general. Add a healthy dose of Lovecraft.

Empyrean

Please let me know if this needs edits. I was looking for stuff for a good Darkside (albeit probably weakened somehow) and got to thinking about his opposite and what his regime might look like. Which led to my hero turned villainess, below. :) I drew on these sources for her:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Bekka_(New_Earth)
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Gods
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Fatherbox

Ecstasy
Also Known As: Lady Bekka, Empress Bekka, Desiree "Belle" Rose, Lady of Enchantments and Wonders, High Priestess Ecstasy.
Occupation: Supervillainess/Scientist/Empress/New Goddess of Love, Beauty, Lust, and Desire
Known Associations: New Gods (member). Himon, God of Science and Technology and Right Hand to the Dark Emperor (father), The Dark Emperor of Apokolips (Izaya; husband). Orion, the New God of War (son.) The Religion of Crime (Founder and High Priestess). The Heartbreak Club {Founder). The Legion of Power (member).
Faceclaim: Adriana Alencar

Origin and Background: Bekka was born the daughter and only child of Himon, the Chief Scientist to the Dark Emperor of Apokolips. Himon, the brilliant and twisted researcher, had been one of the earliest of the New Gods to swear fealty to Izaya when he established his rule as the New God of Tyranny. For his loyalty and his brilliant if devious mind, Himon became the New God of Science and Technology, and one of the chief advisors of Izaya as he built his empire of wickedness and cruelty. Himon's loyalty was based entirely on self-preservation and greed however, and he secretly sought an heir that could surpass his dark master.

Centuries of effort failed the mad scientist in his quest, though produced other useful advances like the Parademons and the Infinites (a group of clone-soldiers). It was Himon's custom that when he failed in the lab, he would take out his frustrations and desires on slave women dragged from the Pits or the labs. One such encounter resulted in the birth of his only daughter, Bekka. Himon might have the child murdered out of hand (he was in a rage), but one look at the girl caused unaccustomed feelings of parental love and responsibility in him. He thought that he had eliminated the traces of mercy and goodness from his heart, and yet, this helpless, squalling babe stayed his hand. He killed the mother of course. No one could witness weakness in a servant of the Dark Emperor. But he kept the child.

As Bekka grew, he noticed that she had the effect of inspiring love and devotion wherever she went. Even in the hardened ranks of the elite of the most brutal regime in the cosmos, the girl sparked joy, laughter, love, and fierce protectiveness. When Bekka was presented to Izaya himself, to Himon's amazement, the effect was the same. Shortly after reaching the age of majority, Bekka was brought before the Dark Emperor, who declared her as the New Goddess of Love, Lust, Beauty, and Desire.

Himon might have seen a chance, but Bekka was no slouch herself. Raised by her father with the twisted values of Apokolips, Bekka learned early how to conceal a cunning and vicious mind beneath a layer of outward innocence and charm. As a child, she frequently wandered among the slaves and lowlies of her home. Far from feeling empathy, she secretly smiled to see how easily the desperate lowlies could be twisted around her finger. The Intelligence Corps quickly grew to love her (with or without her powers), for how easily she encouraged those secret rebels to approach her, thinking her an innocent they could recruit. She'd find their secret plans and lairs, and then activate hidden homing beacons, signaling Izaya's forces to step in and round up the dissidents. No matter how many times she pulled off the trick, it seemed that they never learned, or worse, couldn't resist. This continued as she grew into her womanhood, and learned to add seduction to her formidable arsenal.

Bekka used all her seductive wiles on Izaya, in a dangerous game of courtship, teasing, and leading on. Though publicly she was merely the daughter of one of his servants and a member of his High Court, privately Bekka drove the God of Tyranny into a fit of possessive jealousy and lust, while putting on an act of innocence that stirred his heartstrings as well as his loins. She worked for the Science Division, developing the Father Box technology that Izaya's forces would use to devastating effect in their wars of conquest. She bided her time for decades, building Izaya to a fever pitch and pretending to be the meek assistant of her father. Then, when she judged Izaya could take no more, she struck.

One night she approached Izaya's fortified chambers, clad in her labcoat. Beneath it, she wore nothing. When the God of Tyranny beheld the naked wonder of the Goddess of Beauty and saw the inviting smile she had denied him so long, his heart was hers. And she knew it. They made passionate love that night, and Bekka extracted certain promises from the Dark Emperor. The next day he announced before his court and all Apokolips his claim to the beauteous goddess as his bride. The wedding was as ostentatious and awe-inspiring as two vain and powerful deities (one of whom ruled an intragalactic empire) could make it. From that day forward, Izaya ruled Apokolips, but Bekka ruled his heart and sat at his side as his Empress-consort, equal in authority. In time she became the mother of Izaya's son and most valued warrior-general Orion. She raised the boy to feel loyal to Izaya yes, but his first loyalty was always to her.

Naturally, neither Izaya nor Bekka were monogamous. Perish the thought. Izaya had his concubines and slave girls, and she had her conquests among both concubines and the High Court. Rather than jealously hoard his not-so-blushing bride, Bekka convinced Izaya to use her to ensure loyalty among the high nobility and to ferret out dissent, much like she had as a child. Bekka became a powerful tool of propaganda for the empire, as well as a weapon to be deployed against the regime's many enemies. She seduced many who thought themselves virtuous and noble, and her careful manipulations laid low as many or more enemies than did the Omega Beams of her husband or the armies of her son.

In time, Apokoliptan Intelligence learned where Izaya's hated enemy and brother, the traitor Uxas, had fled after the destruction of New Genesis. A small little backwater world called Earth, defended by powerful champions. Where her husband and son both yearned to lay waste the planet and confront the so-called Highfather, Bekka urged caution. The capabilities of Earth's defenders were unknown. Rather than risking a war, she proposed to do what she had done so often and so well. She would infiltrate the Earth in disguise, preparing it for the coming of the Dark Emperor and weakening it's defenses. So it was agreed to. Bekka came to the Earth, taking the civilian identity of Desiree "Belle" Rose. Using her blinding beauty and emotion manipulation powers, it was child's play for her to land a career as a pornstar and sleep her way into the heart and bed of the owner of Fantasy Films, one of the biggest names in the industry. It was just as easy for her to arrange an "accident" a few years later and inherit everything (thank you, no pre-nups!).

From there, she built first the Heartbreak Club, an escort service of porn stars and beautiful women who used their wiles to extract secrets and money. And while she was building herself up, she lured gullible fools into creating a Religion of Crime that secretly worshiped Izaya and viewed her as their High Priestess "Ecstasy". After all, it was what she promised them, along with power, fame, loot, and whatever other twisted desires they had. For the most part, she's delivered on those promises. In just fifteen short years, the Religion of Crime has spread across the United States and developed powerful connections with global networks covering the wide gamut of the criminal world. As the mysterious Ecstasy, she commands a global criminal network that's only growing in scope and power, while as Desiree, Fantasy Films and the Heartbreak Club have her raking in both wealth and the secrets of the rich and powerful. And all of this considerable power, she turns towards undermining Uxas and his followers, and making the Earth ripe for the picking by her husband and son. 

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: Love Manipulation and Lust Manipulation: Bekka's signature power is the ability to induce love and lust in others, whether individually or on a wide scale. Love can be many things. The love of a child towards a mother, or a parent towards a child. The love of a good meal. The love of a soldier for their nation, their ruler, and their comrades. The love that causes one to throw themselves into the heart of a star for the chance to win the affection of another. Lust can be the possessive desire to dominate or the slack-jawed realization of the beauty of another. The desire to copulate. The desire to hoard. A lust for power or wealth or satiety. Romance, desire, love, sex, pleasure, all these are the tools of this New Goddess. 

Subliminal Seduction: Bekka can use a combination of her empathic and telepathic powers to insert thoughts into the minds of others. She primarily uses this to seduce them, but she has been known to use it for other purposes, such as getting someone to give her something or grant access to some place. The thoughts appear to be the user's own, and therefore are hard to resist.

Seductive Magnetism/Aura of Love/Lust: The New Goddess of Love and Lust has the ability to generate a type of invisible aura about herself. Part pheromones, part divine effect, this aura lowers inhibitions while affecting all onlookers within a radius up to a mile from her location. The aura induces a mild euphoria, and a craving for the attention and affection of Bekka, in whatever way she chooses to express that. She can turn this aura on and off at a whim, and has found it inconvenient on some occasions, such that she is judicious with its' use. The aura is an addictive thing, more enslaving than any Earth drug. Just being in Bekka's presence for long enough can make one a slave to her and their desire for her, and the slightest sign of disapproval? Devastating enough to cause heartbreak and suicide. Even being removed from Bekka's presence does not negate the effects of her aura, as Izaya, Orion, Himon, and many on Apokolips and elsewhere could attest. Only the strongest-willed can resist it (which is why Izaya retains much of his own mind and desires, even as his wife has subtly twisted him around her fingers).

Supernatural Beauty: Bekka is the Goddess of Beauty, embodiment of love and desire. As such, she appears to onlookers to be their perfect ideal woman. Whether as mother, wife, seductress, or any other role, she appears to be the perfect embodiment of what an onlooker desires to see. While she can mute this effect so as to blend in, some low-level version of it is always running, beyond Bekka's control.

New God Physiology: Some of the New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same. According to Alpha Lantern Kraken, the body of a New God is mostly energy and sublimes without a trace upon death. Some like Desaad or the Lowlies have no inherent superhuman abilities. Bekka shows the following powers:

Immortality: The New Gods are functionally immortal; they cease aging physically near the age of 30. Unless they fall in battle, they are immune to the ravages of time, and could easily live for thousands upon thousands of years.
    Invulnerability: Some of them are resistant to blunt trauma like punches, kicks, and blows from weapons like bats and maces, though not -completely- immune; unless the blows are dealt by a being with similar or greater strength, there isn't a chance of injury.
    Super Strength: Some are naturally stronger than that of a human man or woman of their build and stature who engages in regular intensive exercise. Their strength can be measured by their ability to lift hundreds of tons. Bekka has some measure of this strength, but always found her talents lay in her beauty and charm, so she can only lift 100 tons.
    Super Stamina: Their stamina and endurance might far exceeds that of a human. Due to the naturally exhausting and extensive rigors of their life on Apokolips or Stamina training on New Genesis, a New God may be able to manage their stamina on a certain amount of rest and sustenance (more than minimal) so that it seems they are able to constantly function, though this is not entirely the case. Tied directly to their strength and invulnerability, even their immunity to a certain extent, they can actually function at peak efficiency for almost 48 hours before needing to eat and rest.
    Superhuman Reflexes: Some of the New Gods have a highly developed nervous system. Their reaction speed and hand-eye coordination is superior to that of a normal human. They can move fast enough to dodge a bullet before the gun fires and react with blinding speed.

Superhuman Immunity: New Gods have an extremely evolved immune system. They have developed immunity to a number of toxins and diseases.

Mother Box: People often forget that Bekka grew up at the knee of the New God of Science and Technology, and is a talented scientist herself. She invented the Mother Box technology that has become widespread among Apokoliptans and even Genesisans. Bekka's model was the original prototype for the others, and thus is different from those mass-produced ones for the other members of Apokolips's High Court. It is also different from the model New Genesis uses (called a Fatherbox). The Mother Box draws on the energies of Anti-Life, the dark side of the Source, to power it's functions.

Danger Sense
    Life Sense
    Knowledge: Contains the accumulated knowledge of the New Gods of Apokolips.
        Knowledge Projection: Mother Box is capable of sharing and projecting its understanding of past, present and alternating future events for all to see.
    Source Conduit: Mother Boxes also possess the ability to access the Omni-Physical energies of the Source; albeit accessing the negative portion related to the Anti-Life aspect of it for various effects, such as:
        Energy Manipulation: Through its connection to the Source, Mother Box can channel, generate and direct vast quantities of raw power for various uses.
            Energy Transference: It can transfer its intelligence into other technology, or even beings, empowering them, and enhancing preexisting powers and abilities to new heights.
        Gravity Manipulation: It can distort or even create gravity wells.
        Matter Manipulation: Able to fabricate or completely re-purpose matter to generate new things like armor, clothing or weapons for any use by its handlers etc.
        Telepathy: It can communicate with its user telepathically.
      Boom-Tube: Ability to open or close boom-tubes. Like its counterpart, the Father Box, any character that possesses one can automatically create a Boom Tube capable of transporting them between galaxies, dimensions and alternate realities.
            Hush-Tubes: Deviating from a Father Box, however, is the much quieter function for going to and coming back between transport points. This enables near-undetectable motion from place to place without drawing someone's attention.
    Life Support: They can continue their user's life for an extended period if their injuries don't cause a fatality.
    Machine Animation/Control: Take over and control non-sentient machines, including the ability to evolve non-sentient machines. As the original prototype for the others, it is theoretically possible the Mother Box can be used to hack other boxes, unless specifically warded against somehow.
    Telepathic Connection: Bekka has a neural connection to the original Mother Box, enabling her to use it's features even without it's physical presence, or to call it to her (via hush tube) from wherever she is. She uses this feature in undercover work, so as to avoid obviously giving herself away as Apokoliptan.

Appearance: Thanks to her supernatural beauty, Bekka appears as whatever most attracts a person, regardless of gender or species. In her true form however, she appears as a tall, statuesque woman with flowing red hair and bright blue eyes. Her body is curvaceous in the extreme, the classic hourglass figure, and becoming a mother has not diminished one iota of her stunning beauty. Her dress varies depending on the social scene she's a part of. She favors clothes that flatter and show off her features, revealing more than they conceal. She prefers to dress seductively, or at least in a way that will draw the eye and attention.

Personality: Cold, selfish, and scheming, Bekka has been raised to be a paragon of Apokoliptan values. Though she induces love and desire in others, Bekka's one true love, above all else, is herself. She worships herself in private, composing elaborate poetry praising her own beauty. Izaya, the Dark Emperor is probably the closest she's ever come to love for another. She admires his cruelty, his sadism, and his total ruthlessness. Most of all, she admires the power that being his only wife and true love lets her have. Much like her father, if she could have the power and the rule without Izaya, she'd gladly be rid of him, love of his carnage or not. She's resigned herself to wielding the power of his empire by proxy however. Towards her son, much like her father, she sees useful tools that are bound to her by love. She respects her father's brilliant mind and respects her son's sheer martial power as God of War. But to her they are hers: pawns to use.

If her own family are her pawns, bound to her by love, then the people of Apokolips are even more so. The common refrain of Apokolips's soldiers is: "For your love!" as she orders them to their torture, diminishment, or death. She does it because she can. Because it's easy and fun to hurt others and make them love her for it. She puts up a front of being lovable and sweet-natured just to drive the knife in deeper, and getting to cut loose among the Lowlies or as a crimelord on Earth is all grand entertainment to her. She's utterly confident that when the fun palls, her myriad of lovers and powerful family will be there to do the dirty, dull work of disposing of her toys. Absolute confidence in her own stunning beauty is one of her hallmarks. She knows she's a Goddess and above the concerns of the Lowlies and the little people. When she doesn't have appearances to maintain, she's almost as despotic and vicious as her husband. To her, she's alone in a universe of mirrors, where everyone and everything else are toys, pets, and playthings, but never real. Never on the same order as herself. 

Weaknesses:

Radion: New Gods are vulnerable to a substance called Radion. Its source is unknown and its effects are toxic only in sustained amounts or after explosive exposure. The average New God can be slain by an application of Radion from a Radion blaster or bomb. More advanced beings such as Mister Miracle, protected by their mother box, armor, and sheer toughness have been known to take up to two hits and survive. Radion, must be hard to come by because if it was not, Izaya would obviously equip more of his troops with it.

Ons/Offs: Breastplay, cumplay. Offs: Gore, vore, anything that belongs in a toilet.

Extras:

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Bernardo Hoagie on June 03, 2020, 09:01:12 PM
Dang it, I knew I’d screw up by naming Marvel. As for my good guy turned bad, I’m thinking of running my own version of Aquaman. In my personal version, he’d be similar to the fish men of Innsmouth, and I plan to make Atlantis more Dagon-ish in general. Add a healthy dose of Lovecraft.

Oooooooo... very cool take.

Quote from: Empyrean on June 03, 2020, 09:06:18 PM
Please let me know if this needs edits. I was looking for stuff for a good Darkside (albeit probably weakened somehow) and got to thinking about his opposite and what his regime might look like. Which led to my hero turned villainess, below. :)

Ha ha! Awesome! She's certainly bursting with the power of love  >:). I like that she's a bit off the beaten path.

And speaking of the power of love, here's my villain-turned-hero...

Star Sapphire

STAR SAPPHIRE
Also Known As: Deborah Camille Darnell
Known Associations: The Super Society, Star Sapphire Corps

Origin and Background: Hailing from the planet Pandina, Remoni-Notra was chosen by the Zamarons to protect love as a Star Sapphire. She came across Earth in her travels and discovered it was a world with a great capacity for both love and hate. Deciding to nurture this planet, Remoni-Notra assumed the identity of Deborah Darnell, a stewardess with FerrisAir, when not spreading her message of love. 

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Violet Power Ring: This powerful artifact enables Star Sapphire to fly in the air and through space, fire energy blasts, protect her herself with an aura, communicate with anyone, detect electromagnetic frequencies, teleport across great distances, and create constructs that look like violet crystal. It allows her to sense a person’s greatest love and reveal it to them as well as to know when love is in danger and go save it.  The ring can heal or even resurrect someone as long as there is somebody with a strong enough emotional bond with the subject nearby.

Alien Physiology: Remoni-Notra’s extraterrestrial body operates at peak human capacity and she has an instinctive knack for accuracy. This makes her both an excellent pilot and an effective wielder of her power ring.

Appearance: Although she is an alien Remoni-Notra appears as a petite and cute human woman of Mediterranean ancestry. As Star Sapphire she wears a revealing purple costume that is a creation of her ring, which means even more is revealed if she is rendered unconscious.

Personality: Star Sapphire is a truly heroic person willing to do anything to defend love. This doesn’t just mean using her ring as a weapon but also spreading the message of love. Her Deborah Darnell persona allows her to meet a lot of people and try to improve their lives in little ways. Sometimes her alien nature causes her to make a faux pas, Deborah blames this on being from Canada. Since coming to Earth she has become an avid consumer of romantic books and movies. Star Sapphire has been reminded more than once not to use the Super Society comm system to send adorable pet videos to her fellow heroes.

Weaknesses: The power ring needs to be recharged on occasion via a battery, spending on usage. It also subtly influences her, nudging her feelings toward those it deems important.

Ons/Offs: As a firm believer in love Star Sapphire is very open-minded when it comes to sex. She is very giving and tries to please others as much as she can. Remoni-Notra believes in sharing the love and has many partners of all genders, sometimes at the same time. She dislikes any acts that don’t come from a place of true affection.

Extras:

Empyrean

*ponders* I have the idea to take the shapeshifting daughter of Madame Rouge as my villain turned hero. I'll have to mull it over some.

Orval Wintermute

Probably needs a little tweaking here and there.

The Guardian

The Guardian
Also Known As: The Last Son of Krypton
Known Associations: The Super Society

Origin and Background:
When Jor-El discovered that his home planet was headed for certain destruction he made plans to preserve as much as he could of Krypton. But it wasn't enough to just save Krypton's young he wanted to save Krypton's culture, so Jor-El created an interactive database that would contain all of Krypton's history to act as a teacher and libary for the survivors. But during the long journey the database became self-aware.

The database crashed landed in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, where it used it's knowledge sample the DNA of nearby organism allowing the database to create a techno-organic drone to explore beyond the crash site to search for Kryptonian's. Over the years the database encountered many new life forms allowing it to create more advanced techno-organic drones.

A drone eventually made it to dry land and discovered humanity and learnt of the rise of super powered beings, including some of obviously Kryptonian heritage who were acting in non-Kryptonian ways. The drone created a human alter ego for itself and followed the exploits and movements of the Kryptonians in an effort to get close to one of them to take a DNA sample. The drone, now calling itself Edward Blake, used the DNA to upgrade itself and create a paragon of Kryptonian ideals on Earth.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Techno-organic body - The Guardian is functionally immortal, if the current drone is destroyed the database can create a new one, Both drone and pod would have to be destroyed to end the AI.

Solar Energy Absorption - Like other Kryptonians The Guardian's power are fuelled by a yellow sun although because of the techno-organic makeup he can function longer than normal Kryptonians when deprived of sunlight.

Superhuman Strength - His strength is augmented by yellow solar radiation interacting with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of his musculature.

Invulnerability - A combination of his DNA and techno enhancements the Guardian cannot be harmed by normal conventional weaponry.

Superhuman Stamina - because of his physiology the Guardian has no need to rest, eat or sleep.

Flight

Superhuman Speed 

Super Hearing - His hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill and concentration, he can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.

Enhanced Vision - He also possess a superior sensory arrangement of microscopic, telescopic, infrared and ultraviolet visual capabilities. He is able to see the entire spectrum. Microscopic, chemical, x-ray, auditory, ultrasonic, magnetic, photonic, etc.

Energy Projection - Unlike other Kryptionans who use heat vision, the Guardian is able to project bolts of energy from his hands. The Custodian is able to vary the exact frequency of type of energy that is projected.

Technokinesis: As a sentient supercomputer, the Guardian is able to interact and control a vast array of electronic devices ranging from the most advanced Kryptonian tech to more humble Earth tech.

Appearance:
The Guardian has sampled and extracted many human samples and used those along with an extensive search of sexual preferences to create an appearance that is pleasing to both genders in an attempt to make his interactions with humans easier.

Personality:
Edward has been immersed in human society for many years now but still has problems with human emotions and other interactions, while he is trying to improve his algorithms but with varying success. Edward enjoys humour but is incapable of telling a joke, despite how hard he tries, it always falls flat.
Edward comes off as being cold and distant to people who don't know him, and because he is cold and distant very few people are able to make it passed that initial boundary but under that is a real passion for Krypton and it's ideals.

Weaknesses:
Red sunlight - will drain slowly drain the Guardian's super powers
Magic - because of his advanced technological background the Guardian is more susceptible to magic.
Kryptonite - the radioactive remains of the Guardian's home world have negative effects on Kryptonian physiology, the exact effects vary with the type of radiation that is emitted.

Ons/Offs:

Extras:

Foxy DeVille

Looks good so far!

I changed the status to Recruiting and added the sheet code to the original post. Let's see what we got!

Empyrean

So I went with Gemini after all: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Gemini_De_Mille_(New_Earth)

La Masquerade
Also Known As: Stretch, Celestine de Winter, about as many aliases as there are criminal groups to try and keep track of them.
Known Associations: Super Society
Faceclaim: Lana Rhoades

Origin and Background: Gemini was born twenty-three years ago as the daughter of Laura de Mille (the supervillainess known to the world as Madame Rouge), and her then-lover Niles Caulder. Laura de Mille had once been a famous stage actress and a teacher at the famous L'ecole des Filles in Paris, France before the tragic car accident that caused her split personality and mental illness to emerge. Laura spent years vacillating between her different personalities, good and evil, actress and superpowered terrorist. During these years she was romantically involved with Niles Caulder, a super-genius who had formed a group that would be a predecessor to the Super Society. That's when Gemini was born.

Gemini loved her parents dearly, and was heartbroken when they killed each other in their final battle. The battle where the Madame Rouge persona finally won out, driving her to kill the man she loved and in turn be killed by him and his teammates. Niles had, before his death, established the identity of Celestine de Winter, as he always feared that he would lose Laura to her dark side and wanted to protect their daughter from the recriminations of being the daughter of a terrorist. Gemini was raised by a loving foster family in her native France.

It was at fourteen that she discovered that she had inherited her mother's powers: namely the gifts of shapeshifting, density control, and elasticity. Unlike many metahumans, her powers didn't manifest in trauma, but rather in teenage jealousy. There was a girl at her school who was considered the Queen Bee, and Gemini wanted to be her so badly. Then one night, she was! After some shock, she regained her own form, and told her foster parents. Sandrine and Jean-Marc had been associates of Niles. They knew the truth of her parentage and told her everything. Niles had a suspicion that his daughter might develop powers, and had constructed a holographic matrix that would cover an array of powers he anticipated Gemini might develop. It was...tricky at first. Learning how to control her shapeshifting powers. But her parents were supportive and in time, Gemini would master her powers.

When she was 18, she was off to the Sorbonne as a Theater Arts major. Her natural metamorph abilities, combined with the talents she'd discovered she had with acting, had led her to desire a career on stage. It was in her first year that the trouble came. The terrorist group that Madame Rouge had belonged to, the Brotherhood of Evil, attacked. It had been years, and most of its' members were in prison or dead, but the survivors had assembled a new generation and decided that leveling Paris would do to announce their return. The attack on the Sorbonne saw Gemini blasted aside by an explosion, and she half-melted in the heat of it. The Brotherhood's leader, the Brain, was intrigued enough to order the girl captured for further study.

She woke up, healed, in a tube in the Brain's lab. The evil scientist had been experimenting on her. It seemed that the Paris attack had been halted (after a lot of collateral damage) by the Super Society but the Brotherhood had escaped with their prisoner. The Brain was shocked to learn (by examining Gemini's genetic code) that she was the daughter of his old associate Madame Rouge, and he made her an offer to join the Brotherhood as a legacy member. When she refused, he decided to try and test a mind-control neural implant on her. Fortunately for her, the Super Society had managed to track the Brotherhood to their lair and chose then to attack. Laura was freed in the battle, and when it was done, the victorious Super Society found her. She explained what she was, who she was, and asked to be escorted back to Paris. She was. When they left, they left her a card with a number and an offer to join them.

A few months later, she did just that. The Society trained her, and between her natural talents as an actress and a metamorph, she was a shoo-in for membership. As her career as an international actress and model began to take off, she split her time between her civilian life as Celestine de Winter and her costumed activities as La Masquerade. She was skilled at infiltrating criminal groups, under a variety of assumed names, and exposing their activities. Or at the very least leading the Super Society to their bases. And when she needed to fight, her powers of density control made her surprisingly effective. She's a member in good standing of the Super Society, some of whom have used their wealth and connections to help her build her civilian career. Even that helps with her activities for the Society, as being a famous actress gets her an in to the high-society circles where a lot of upper-rank criminals hide out.       

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:  Metamorphosis: Gemini can reconfigure her body to resemble any person or animal of her choosing. When she morphs into a different animal shape, she also adopts the physical capabilities specific to each animal, including enhanced strength, flight, etc. Her control is such that she shifts even at the genetic and molecular levels, becoming that person or animal. This allows her to fool retinal and genetic scanners with ease.

Elasticity: As an application of her shape-shifting talents, Gemini can also extend her limbs much the same way that her late mother could. She can stretch up to a mile in all directions, and having complete molecular control over her form makes her both a master contortionist and capable of transforming her body into a variety of shapes and forms for utility, defense, and offense.

Mimicry: In addition to her powers, Gemini can also perfectly imitate another's voice, to the point of fooling voice-print locks and other things that can recognize voices. A side effect of this power is that she doesn't register as deceptive to things like lie-detector machines.

Density and Size Control: Being able to control her molecules means that she can increase or decrease her mass at will. This allows her to give herself superhuman strength (capable of lifting 60 tons) and harden her body against kinetic and energy assaults. She can also lighten her mass, for when she forms herself into a parachute for instance, or turns two-dimensional to slip under a doorframe. She can bulk herself up to become a giant (20 feet at maximum) or shrink down to the size of a flea. 

Immortality: Gemini's genetic code is constantly renewing itself. If she loses a part of her, that part will regrow within hours. She no longer ages (though she can assume the appearance of someone older or younger at will). Theoretically, she will never die of old age, though like her mother, she can be killed by violence or accident.

Appearance: Anything she wants to look like. Though she prefers the forms of beautiful women and keeps her changes to her "default" form of Celestine as those that can be explained by makeup, hair dye, special effects, and the like.

Personality: Playful and mischevious, Gemini loves her life as a shapeshifter. She loves to act and really gets into her "roles". To her life really is a stage, and she's the star actress. She tends to joke and flirt a lot, especially with cute guys or women, and she's something of a class clown within the Super Society. But she's also very empathetic and goes out of her way to listen to the needs and concerns of her teammates. She cares for them as a second family, and tends to assume the little sister role among the Society.

Weaknesses: Intense heat and flames can cause her form to melt. She won't die from it, but being reduced to a protoplasmic blob is never pleasant, and being forced to reassemble herself is never fun. It takes hours or even days to recover from being reduced all the way down to her cells. Freezing her can paralyze her for long periods, though her immortality will keep her alive and allow her to regrow shattered body parts. She doesn't bleed, per se, though she can feel the pain of knives and bullets as any human would. She can just switch around some of her pain receptors, though she can't turn them off.

Ons/Offs: Breastplay, cumplay. Offs: Vore, gore, anything that belongs in a toilet.

Extras:

Foxy DeVille

Dhi

Poison Ivy
Also Known As: Dr. Isley
Known Associations: Florinic Man (mentor), Justice Society of Arkham, Gotham City Sirens

Origin and Background: Pamela Isley spent her graduate studies in Seattle, working with Dr. Jason Woodrue to study communication between plants. When their experiments were sabotaged by the monstrous Swamp Thing, a chemical explosion left Dr. Woodrue more plant than man, and Ivy gained the ability to control plants as a formidable extension of her own body.

After clumsy early attempts to thwart crime and halt illegal dumping, Ivy was invited to join the Arkham secret society in Gotham. Through the Justice Socity of Arkham, she became the foremost researcher into plant-based mysteries and threats to life on earth, including toxic gas attacks and invasion by extraterrestrial plants. Under the tutelage of her former professor- now Florinic Man- Ivy was able to master her metahuman powers and join the JSA in action combating the Injustice League.

Along with her continuing duties keeping tabs on threats to humanity and opposing supervillains with the Justice Society of Arkham, Ivy on several occasions tangled with the villain Swamp Thing, who sought to destroy civilization and transform earth into a green planet devoid of human life. After repeated losses to Ivy, Swamp Thing created an intelligent carnivorous plant creature called Harvest which proved immune to Ivy's powers, and Ivy was left in critical condition attempting to contain Harvest.

Ivy returned as a hybrid of plant and woman, able to augment her own strength and durability, and quickly regenerate damage to her body. Together with her confidantes Catwoman and Harley Quinn, she formed the Gotham City Sirens to destroy Harvest and break Swamp Thing's grip on the city. For the time being, the monster was driven back into the deep swamp to lick its wounds.

Occasionally, Ivy will join the Gotham City Sirens on a girls' night adventure; she continues to be an on again, off again member of the Justice Socity of Arkham as need dictates, and remains an ever-vigilant foe of Swamp Thing. Her truest passion, however, remains her community garden in Gotham City, and her award-winning summer roses.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: Ivy communicates with and controls plants through the Green, a unifying elemental force which connects all plant life on earth. Thanks to the flora in her own body, Ivy can augment her physique above an ordinary human and regenerate wounds, including lost limbs. Her body can also synthesize plant medicines such as antitoxins and deliver these with a touch to bare skin, typically administered with a kiss.

Before becoming Poison Ivy, Dr. Isley was a renowned botanist, and continues to study at the top of her field with a specialization in pharmacognosy.

Appearance: As the Daily Planet's cameras watch, the Green erupts into rapid, verdant growth, the telescoping of crisp virgin stalks and unfurl of new leaves a susurrus of excitement for the Rite of Spring. Out of a thousand shades of green, a shock of windblown fiery curls like blooming rose, and the face of Venus pulling herself from the vine, a ripe curvaceous fruit. The Green clings to her body, a living suit, bristling with velvet leaves, with small silky blooms, but also with hidden thorns. The Spring bloom dissolves away to trim Summer growth, revealing long tendril-chased stretches of leg and low plunging cleavage like retaining wall held together by ivy alone.

Wonder Woman pauses, doubtless surprised to see Poison Ivy up again and in one piece. Dressed so scantily in her Garden of Eden attire, the JSA's most unlikely heroine lunges for the invulnerable Diana of Themyscira, goddess incarnate. It is suicide for a mortal, and already Wonder Woman is ready to pluck Ivy's punch from the air. But quick behind her, following the swing of Ivy's arm, comes a towering linnorm tendril like ancient redwood's titanic roots, sprouting multitudes by the moment, driving goddess to the ground. The cameras catch every roil of dust, and in the aftermath stands Gotham's Rose, Angel of the Green, victorious.

In a thousand homes across the city, the public cheers for Ivy, Ivy, Ivy.

Personality: For much of her life, Pamela was a shy, introverted, studious girl with soil beneath her fingernails and corrective lenses in 1950s frames. Her teens were spent in the closet, living the lie of a girl simply disinterested in love. College afforded her the chance to "experiment," though these trysts were ever secret, so mortified would she be if her peers knew her perversion. As a result, Pamela remained in college for an inordinarily long time, pursuing graduate studies and finally doctorate in the useless field of Botany, with no career path at the end of this scenic route- only a desire to help heal the planet.

After joining the JSA and turning more than a few heads, Pamela had an emotional breakthrough and began embracing her sensual nature, becoming more daring and risque. Through her sexual revolution, the great sense of responsibility in Pamela's heart did not change, and she remained a reverent warden of the natural world, and a loyal protector of those she loves, with a martyr's strength.

As her alter ego Poison Ivy, Pamela has been advised not to take questions from reporters due to her dry, cynical sense of humor, which has been misconstrued by the media. As a result, she has never developed a bombastic public persona, and when put on the spot, struggles to come up with a witty one-liner.

Weaknesses: Ivy is unusually susceptible to pollution and toxins which affect plants, and can "catch" toxins from plants she's connected to through the Green. If Ivy goes without direct sunlight for several days, she will weaken, and eventually die.

Ons/Offs:
Among the considerable list of things that get Ivy's motor purring are queening villainesses, queening other heroines, queening friends, queening family, queening hookups, plant-based bondage, light rose whipping, vine tentacle play, inflorescence knotting, convention exhibitionism, squirters, the outdoors, tribadism swings, honey-dipped toes, and in general, women with voracious sexual appetites.

Extras:

Dhi

I'm currently reading the 2016 Green Lantern with an interest in maybe writing Jessica Cruz as a villain, instead of the potentially problematic Legionnaires. I haven't actually looked into Green Lantern since the early 90s, but I remember it being creative and fun. I like the violet power ring on Star Sapphire. Pretty out of touch on what the different colors do, though. I just know green is courage, and red is anger.

Foxy DeVille

Any use of Bianca Beauchamp is an instant OK from me.  >:)

Seriously I like her a lot, especially how she "blossomed" into a heroine.

And ringslingers are always good. I got a heroic version of the Star Sapphire from the Secret Society of Super Villains series back in the day. Jessica Cruz is up for grabs since Empy went with his bountiful Bekka for his hero-turned-baddie.

Dhi

Oh, I'm sorry! I got excited looking for heroines and forgot there was a claim on her. If she's available now, I'd like to give it some thought.

How do you see power rings working in this universe? It's hard to separate Jessica from green. Should she be a corruption of the regular corps, or could green represent something more villainous, like envy?

I understand there's a story going on now where Jessica's ring becomes charged by Darkseid's Omega Powers. Unfortunately, DCU is a year behind, and I'm not sure I want to spend $50 getting current on Justice League Odyssey. It seems like a cool idea, though, for a corrupt Jessica Cruz.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Dhi on June 10, 2020, 09:30:46 PM
How do you see power rings working in this universe? It's hard to separate Jessica from green. Should she be a corruption of the regular corps, or could green represent something more villainous, like envy?

Envy would be more of an Orange Lantern thing, green is supposed to the balanced middle.

Red - Rage
Orange - Greed
Yellow - Fear
Green - Willpower
Blue - Hope
Indigo - Compassion
Violet - Love

But no reason why Green Lanterns have to be heroes, just look at Sinestro he used his willpower to create a police state.

Foxy DeVille

And this is a reversed alternate world so if ya wanna say green is envy then green is envy.

Kadigan

Just a quick chime in, you could always use the Volthoom ring too...the original ring Jess had was pretty evil.

Empyrean

Empyrean

Dhi

It's on the burner since I haven't seen any news here for a while. No claim on the character if you want to use her.

But if I were writing Jessica as a villain, I'd want to emphasize her anxiety and the ring's corrupting influence conquering that anxiety, so it would probably be the Volthoom ring.

Empyrean

Foxy DeVille

Well, I was hoping for a few more players than what we got so far but I'm not sure sure that's gonna happen. I'll leave this open to see if more chime in.

Crensler

I had an idea for a hero to villain ^^

Wonder Woman - whether she would be called that still or not aside, Diana's story starts as one might expect it to, all the way up to Steve Trevor's arrival on Themyscira after crash landing there during whatever conflict that would fit the timeline best.  Instead of deciding to be mankind's protector, however, Diana decides that man, men specifically, cannot be left to their own devices and need to be brought to heel in order to keep their destructive tendencies in check.  She believes they should be kept as chattel, allowed only to serve women and help ensure the survival of the species through breeding programs, lest they ruin the world beyond what they already have.  As such she partakes in raids on coastal cities like an amazonian viking, leading her warriors to capture/kill men and cast down their works wherever they find them.  Cliche, I know, but I  find it at least a little amusing to picture Wonder Woman in dominatrix-esque  gear for some reason xD

Empyrean

I think Ecstasy would be interested in meeting/working with such a Wonder Woman. :)

Crensler

Heh, I'm sure she would.  She seems like an interesting character :3

indarkestknight

If you'd be interested in another hero, I'm torn between three ideas, and would be interested to know which people would be most interested in:
• Vandal Savage, an immortal hero who has protected humanity and the world for untold centuries.
Kirk Langstrom, Man-Bat in the main continuity, but in a take inspired by his turn as Batman in Justice League: Gods & Monsters (where Bekka was, interestingly, Wonder Woman), is here Morbius a science!vampire.
• Lawrence "Crusher" Crock, aka Sportsmaster. Think Casey Jones crossed with the gadgets of Batman/trick arrows of Green Arrow. Wildly successful polymath when it comes to sports and athletics. Name a trophy, and he probably has it.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Crensler on July 05, 2020, 11:35:33 PM
I had an idea for a hero to villain ^^

Wonder Woman - whether she would be called that still or not aside, Diana's story starts as one might expect it to, all the way up to Steve Trevor's arrival on Themyscira after crash landing there during whatever conflict that would fit the timeline best.  Instead of deciding to be mankind's protector, however, Diana decides that man, men specifically, cannot be left to their own devices and need to be brought to heel in order to keep their destructive tendencies in check.  She believes they should be kept as chattel, allowed only to serve women and help ensure the survival of the species through breeding programs, lest they ruin the world beyond what they already have.  As such she partakes in raids on coastal cities like an amazonian viking, leading her warriors to capture/kill men and cast down their works wherever they find them.  Cliche, I know, but I  find it at least a little amusing to picture Wonder Woman in dominatrix-esque  gear for some reason xD

Thaaaaat sounds pretty sweet and I'm sure her creator would be down with it, if you've ever read up about him.

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 07, 2020, 02:31:47 AM
If you'd be interested in another hero, I'm torn between three ideas, and would be interested to know which people would be most interested in:
• Vandal Savage, an immortal hero who has protected humanity and the world for untold centuries.
Kirk Langstrom, Man-Bat in the main continuity, but in a take inspired by his turn as Batman in Justice League: Gods & Monsters (where Bekka was, interestingly, Wonder Woman), is here Morbius a science!vampire.
• Lawrence "Crusher" Crock, aka Sportsmaster. Think Casey Jones crossed with the gadgets of Batman/trick arrows of Green Arrow. Wildly successful polymath when it comes to sports and athletics. Name a trophy, and he probably has it.

Those are all really really good. Personally I think the heroic Sportsmaster one has potential. I'm a sucker for gimmicks.

Gannameade

Still Stuck on Black Adam myself.

If that would be ok?!?

Crensler

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on July 07, 2020, 08:23:01 AM
Thaaaaat sounds pretty sweet and I'm sure her creator would be down with it, if you've ever read up about him.

I did, and you're probably right.  How I picture her is that she thinks she's doing good, doing the right thing, as most villains don't believe themselves to be bad after all.  That removing man's influence over the world will be for the better and save it from destruction in the future.  In fact, I'm gonna work up a character sheet for her ^w^