Next up... Episode 7 Star Wars: The Return of Jar-Jar and the Ewoks

Started by Callie Del Noire, October 31, 2012, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: LunarSage on November 07, 2012, 10:25:36 AM
Just get Captain Kirk to deal with him.  >.>
And make sure there's enough styrofoam rocks near by.  O:)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Lux12

In all honesty, if any other company besides Disney had purchased the rights I wouldn't be so concerned, but considering their usual output I'd say they're going to butcher it.

Chris Brady

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Lux12

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 09, 2012, 10:49:17 PM
The Avengers was a butchery?
Believe it or not I haven't seen it.Though I have little faith in anything they put out.

Chris Brady

For the record, I've enjoyed most of the Marvel comic films they put it out, so...

I'm not really worried.  Disney, love 'em or hate 'em, has always declared their intent to produce entertainment for everyone, adults and kids, and so far, they've had more successes than failures in that regard, although the one demographic that they've been struggling to get is the 14+ boy market, which is why they went for Marvel in the first place...

Either way, after the butchery that was the Star Wars prequels, how much worse could they do?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 09, 2012, 10:56:15 PM
For the record, I've enjoyed most of the Marvel comic films they put it out, so...

I'm not really worried.  Disney, love 'em or hate 'em, has always declared their intent to produce entertainment for everyone, adults and kids, and so far, they've had more successes than failures in that regard, although the one demographic that they've been struggling to get is the 14+ boy market, which is why they went for Marvel in the first place...

Either way, after the butchery that was the Star Wars prequels, how much worse could they do?

Sure, poke Murphy with a stick, why don't you?

Lux12

I also am very skeptical of how it all will be handled when the creator is not a part of the process.

Silverfyre

But he is still a part of the process.  He is on board as a "creative consultant", let alone the second highest share holder in the company currently.  Lucas will have more than a little say in the matter based on that alone.

Disney hardly "butchers" movies.  See "The Avengers" and then you will see why some of us have a bit of hope with episode 7.

Oniya

I've heard Carrie Fisher is interested.  Who better to play an older version of Leia than an older 'Leia'?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lux12

Quote from: Oniya on November 10, 2012, 06:09:47 PM
I've heard Carrie Fisher is interested.  Who better to play an older version of Leia than an older 'Leia'?

She actually voiced Leia in Star Wars themed Robot Chicken episode.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Lux12 on November 10, 2012, 05:58:08 PM
Now I know this will not end well.
Why?  I thought Toy Story was one of the few trilogies that actually stayed as good through out all three films, instead of getting worse every new film...

Lux12

Think about the sort of films the Star Wars franchise is composed of, then look at Toy Story. Notice any major differences?

LunarSage

Because Avengers was obviously a movie made with 7 year olds in mind.   ::)

Look, the fact is that no one knows how it's going to go down until it does.  Until then, it's all just speculation.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Silverfyre

Quote from: LunarSage on November 10, 2012, 07:08:08 PM
Because Avengers was obviously a movie made with 7 year olds in mind.   ::)

Look, the fact is that no one knows how it's going to go down until it does.  Until then, it's all just speculation.

Well said, Lunar.  The writer of Toy Story III doesn't just write childrens' films.  Good writers tend to be rather versatile.  Give it a chance; there are barely any details out there about 7 yet.  The "sky is falling" mentality gets a bit exhaustive, you know.   ::)

Stella

I really, really loved TS3. So I feel a bit reassured that there's someone with some decent writing chops looking at treatments for this thing.

Sasquatch421

According to the article I read on MSN this morning J.J. Abrams will be directing the new Star Wars movie. I guess he narrowly beat out Ben Affleck to get the directing duties. Now I don't mind Abram's work, I think he actually did a good job with Star Trek but I would have been truly curious to see how a Affleck directed Star Wars would have been like.

NotoriusBEN

ahh, sasquatch you punk, i was gonna name drop JJ Abrams.

i'm holding my breath on episode 7. as long as it's not another deathstar or something.
From what I remember of jedi knight 2, with empire remnants that's be something interesting. but I'd like a departure from warrior witches.
I know its all about the force and lightsabers, but I want to see the average joe of the galaxy, or a han solo. If a jedi or sith shows up, people should be losing their shit over that.
They can kill you with a thought. They can deflect a blaster shot back at you. I know I'd be cleaning my pants if I found a jedi in the same building as me.

SapphireStar

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on January 25, 2013, 06:03:22 AM
According to the article I read on MSN this morning J.J. Abrams will be directing the new Star Wars movie. I guess he narrowly beat out Ben Affleck to get the directing duties. Now I don't mind Abram's work, I think he actually did a good job with Star Trek but I would have been truly curious to see how a Affleck directed Star Wars would have been like.

I heard he was going to direct as well. He's pretty good with the sci-fi and action. I would be curious to see how he does.  Also heard rumor that Samuel L. Jackson and Ewan Macgregor were interested in returning.  And, possibilities of spin-off movies for certain characters  ??? Wasn't too keen on the redo they did at the end of Return of the Jedi, replacing the original Force Ghosts. Substituting the younger Anakin for Sebastian Shaw.  Dunno, have to wait and see, might be good, might not.

Stella

Nope, I can't even with Abrams. I defended Lost for six years and it turned out to be the most monumental disappointment ever. It was vague, lazy television. I know he's not scripting it so I shouldn't be so pessimistic, but after the fiasco with the Prequels I cannot help but ration my hopes.

Spin-off movies? Oh dear god: if I believed in you I would be praying for an end to all things now.

SapphireStar

Quote from: Stella on January 29, 2013, 05:43:50 AM
Nope, I can't even with Abrams. I defended Lost for six years and it turned out to be the most monumental disappointment ever. It was vague, lazy television. I know he's not scripting it so I shouldn't be so pessimistic, but after the fiasco with the Prequels I cannot help but ration my hopes.

Spin-off movies? Oh dear god: if I believed in you I would be praying for an end to all things now.

I wouldn't even know where they would start for the next trilogy without messing up the already chaotic timeline.  I used to read the books, most were pretty good, the best being the Heir to the Empire.  They lost me after NJO series and Legacy  :-\  I've only seen bits and pieces of Lost, but never watched it.  I did watch Alias, it had its moments.  They were also promising a live action star wars tv series, around the time they were doing the prequels, but nothing ever came of it. Somehow, i have this vision of Vader wearing Mickey Mouse ears and singing the mickey mouse club song   :-(

Stella

I'm exactly the same with the novels. I loved the EU up until the Visions of the Future books, then it all started to get silly.

I do have some faith in Disney though. They make great films, and I thought the Avengers and most of the PotC films were good. So. There is some good, but basically, I wish they'd just leave it all alone.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: SapphireStar on January 29, 2013, 05:51:00 AM
I wouldn't even know where they would start for the next trilogy without messing up the already chaotic timeline.  I used to read the books, most were pretty good, the best being the Heir to the Empire.  They lost me after NJO series and Legacy  :-\  I've only seen bits and pieces of Lost, but never watched it.  I did watch Alias, it had its moments.  They were also promising a live action star wars tv series, around the time they were doing the prequels, but nothing ever came of it. Somehow, i have this vision of Vader wearing Mickey Mouse ears and singing the mickey mouse club song   :-(

From a discussion thread on another forum, apparently the planned timeline - 20 years after RotJ - fits neatly into one of the few gaps in the otherwise heavily cluttered timeline.

Chris Brady

As long as it removes the Vong from the timeline, it can only be better.