Nightvale Service Announcement: Do Not Look Directly At The Thread (Recruiting)

Started by Jag, October 05, 2013, 05:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

We will be conducting open interviews this Monday between the hours of 7am and 7:00 pm. Interviews will be a twelve hour process. Please bring your own coffee. Wait here and I will go get you an application to give you a jump on the competition.

Oh...and...

Please have a seat and try to look a little excited. After all, Site Management is always watching...

Character Sheet Skeletons

Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
How can you be contacted: (Please note that psychically will no longer be an option, thank you)
How did you hear about us: (Psychically will be acceptable for this)
Name of Show Hosting:
Have you ever hosted a radio show before:
Tell us about yourself:
Have you ever seen a ghost:
Do you believe in angels:
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: (if so, application may be denied)
Please include a photograph:

Thank you for your application. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
How can you be contacted: (Please note that psychically will no longer be an option, thank you)
Tell us about yourself:
Do you have an aversion to fire:
Do small, dark places make you nervous:
Have you take offence towards blood rituals:
Any connection to an elder god:
Would you like to be a ghost:
Would you like to be an angel:
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application:
Please include a photograph: (this is for the Missing Persons reports and Funeral Home)

Night Vale Community Radio Maintenance/Crew Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
Tell us about yourself:
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up:
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing:

Rules and Regulations of Night Vale Community Radio Station

1.) Do not open the door to the Site Management office.

2.) If you need to speak with Site Management, please contact the Station Oracle first.

3.) Do not try to overtake someone else's show.

4.) If you do try to overtake someone else's show, please do not use ancient rituals to do so.

5.) Please keep all intimate relationships confined to private locations. We have a reputation to uphold.

6.) If Site Management calls a meeting if you, it is best to send an intern in first.

7.) Please try not to go through more than one intern a week.

8.) Calling off of work through psychic means is no longer acceptable. Please pick up a phone and dial.

9.) Avoiding giving a DNA sample once a month is punishable by...

10.) Human(?) Resources is only interested in hearing about good sexual harassment, so please have a detailed report written out before coming to see them.

Game Information

Game Information

Confused yet? Good.

Night Vale

Night Vale is a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.

For the time being, the basis of this game will take place within the Night Vale Community Radio Station. We will not be venturing outside the radio station. All game activities will take place in the station and the loading docks for the station. This will change as the story continues and moves on to the overall plot.

Posting Rate

Also, I am a slow poster. This means that anyone wanting to be involved in this game should be aware that it will not be horribly fast paced. I don't mind if people post fast, but please do not expect everyone in the game to do the same. Do not poke for replies or things of that nature.

That said, Cecil will be making a broadcast once a week. These broadcasts will be important to the game storyline and movement, so please read them.

Characters (Specifically Interns)

Along with it being a slow paced posting game, I also want to make note that the 'Interns' position is a very special one. Interns have a habit of dying or going missing for long periods of time. What does this mean? It means that if you want to be involved with a group game, but do not have the time to commit to it long term, you can create an intern character. So when you need a break or do not have time to stick around, your character will go missing.

All I ask is that you PM me and I will have Cecil include it in the weekly broadcast that Intern ___'s face has been added to the Night Vale milk cartons.

As for canon characters from the actual podcast, please do not try to play them. Cecil and Carlos do exist and can be interacted with, but they are NPCs.

Good! Now that is all over with, please post your character profiles here.

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Jag

Welcome to Night Vale

Night Vale Community Radio Host Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
Name of Show Hosting:
Have you ever hosted a radio show before:
Tell us about yourself:

Night Vale Community Radio Intern Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
Tell us about yourself:
Do you have an aversion to fire:
Do small, dark places make you nervous:
Have you take offence towards blood rituals:
Any connection to an elder god:
Would you like to be a ghost:
Would you like to be an angel:
Does it bother you that the intern application is longer than the radio host application:
Please include a photograph: (this is for the Missing Persons reports and Funeral Home)

Night Vale Community Radio Maintenance Application

Name of Applicant:
Blood Type:
Sex:
Tell us about yourself:
Is there any bodily fluid you have issues cleaning up:
Are you willing to fill in for the interns should they go missing:

Jag

Welcome to Night Vale

Rules and Regulations of the Night Vale Community Radio Station

1.) Do not open the door to the Site Management office.

2.) If you need to speak with Sire Management, please contact the Station Oracle first.

3.) Do not try to overtake someone else's show.

4.) If you do try to overtake someone else's show, please do not use ancient rituals to do so.

5.) Please keep all intimate relationships confined to private locations. We have a reputation to uphold.

6.) If Site Management calls a meeting if you, it is best to send an intern in first.

7.) Please try not to go through more than one intern a week.

8.) Calling off of work through psychic means is no longer acceptable. Please pick up a phone and dial.

9.) Avoiding giving a DNA sample once a month is punishable by...

10.) Human(?) Resources is only interested in hearing about good sexual harassment, so please have a detailed report written out before coming to see them.

Jag

Welcome to Night Vale

Game Information

Confused yet? Good.

Night Vale

Night Vale is a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.

For the time being, the basis of this game will take place within the Night Vale Community Radio Station. We will not be venturing outside the radio station. All game activities will take place in the station and the loading docks for the station. This will change as the story continues and moves on to the overall plot.

Posting Rate

Also, I am a slow poster. This means that anyone wanting to be involved in this game should be aware that it will not be horribly fast paced. I don't mind if people post fast, but please do not expect everyone in the game to do the same. Do not poke for replies or things of that nature.

That said, Cecil will be making a broadcast once a week. These broadcasts will be important to the game storyline and movement, so please read them.

Characters (Specifically Interns)

Along with it being a slow paced posting game, I also want to make note that the 'Interns' position is a very special one. Interns have a habit of dying or going missing for long periods of time. What does this mean? It means that if you want to be involved with a group game, but do not have the time to commit to it long term, you can create an intern character. So when you need a break or do not have time to stick around, your character will go missing.

All I ask is that you PM me and I will have Cecil include it in the weekly broadcast that Intern ___'s face has been added to the Night Vale milk cartons.

As for canon characters from the actual podcast, please do not try to play them. Cecil and Carlos do exist and can be interacted with, but they are NPCs.

Good! Now that is all over with, please post your character profiles here.

Jag

Name of Applicant: Josie Posie
Astrological Sign: Pisces. Imaginative and sensitive. Compassionate and kind. Selfless and unworldly. Intuitive and sympathetic
Escapist and idealistic. Secretive and vague. Weak-willed and easily led
Blood Type: AB+
Sex: Female
How can you be contacted: By snail mail. 322 Scrubrush Dr. The guest house.
How did you hear about us: By luck, I was walking around looking for places that are hiring and saw the sign in the window. By the way, are those red marks on the hiring sign paint? They kind of look like bloody finger prints.
Name of Show Hosting: Books to Live By
Have you ever hosted a radio show before: Yes.
Tell us about yourself:
I'm new to Night Vale. I'm originally from Ohio, but I felt it was time for a change in life. So I told my manager at the Wobbly Radio Shack in Normal, Ohio to kiss my ass and started driving. I don't know how long I drove, but my gas meter never seemed to change. It just stayed on a full tank.

Then, it was the strangest thing...I saw an Arby's sign and realized how hungry I was. So I pulled in and grabbed myself a number 1 combo and stuffed my face for a few minutes. I have to say, normally I hate Arby's. It's much too greasy for my stomach to handle, but for some reason that bright red sign just looked so alluring.

Anyway, I climbed back into my car and it wouldn't start! It was the damnedest thing. The gas meter suddenly said it was on empty.

So yeah, been here about a month since then. Still can't get the car to start. I think something might be wrong with the gas tank or something. I don't really know much about cars. Luckily, this sweet old lady is letting me stay in her guest house. The people here are so nice.
Have you ever seen a ghost: No.
Do you believe in angels: Sometimes.
Have you ever lived in Desert Bluffs: No. Is it a nice place?

Nadir

*leaves a scrawling of symbols that seem to wriggle and squirm restlessly if looked upon directly*

TheShii

*leaves a place for himself by means of a big red slap of handprint onto a glass pane* This spot is mine, it may seem like someone elses... but it is in fact mine. Do not assume it is yours because it is mine.

My Anti-AA's, My Randy OO's

Commission Me
"All your boners are belong to me >w>" ~Dim Hon

Sparrowhawke

This is very tempting indeed, though I should probably listen to a few more podcasts else everything's going to go flying over my head.

Galanthor

Jag

Yay, interest!

Sparrow, it's not going to follow the canon storyline. More just the idea and feel. I'm still catching up on the podcast myself.

Jag

Quote from: Dim Hon on October 05, 2013, 01:17:41 PM
*leaves a scrawling of symbols that seem to wriggle and squirm restlessly if looked upon directly*

Ohhhhhh *touches one of the symbols*

TheShii

Quote from: Jagerin on October 05, 2013, 03:22:46 PM
Yay, interest!

Sparrow, it's not going to follow the canon storyline. More just the idea and feel. I'm still catching up on the podcast myself.

same, I've only listened to half of it

Commission Me

Jag

I fell asleep listening to it last night. >…< His voice is so soothing.

Galanthor

Nadir

I've listened to it all, but as it's following its own plot, the amount listened to doesn't matter

Jag

Quote from: Dim Hon on October 05, 2013, 03:39:17 PM
I've listened to it all, but as it's following its own plot, the amount listened to doesn't matter

This.

Though I would prefer if the people involved in the game have heard at least the first episode to get an idea of the setting...though I'm going to write setting related broadcasts myself in the theme of the podcast (weather and all).

Galanthor

Jag

*chuckles*

Once I get a few more 'applications', I will start posting the game threads.

Galanthor

won't post before tomorrow or my char will end up being a hamster that speaks in morse code.

Kokaine

I am intrigued... gonna give the podcast a listen and see what's what.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Jag

Quote from: Galanthor on October 05, 2013, 03:59:02 PM
won't post before tomorrow or my char will end up being a hamster that speaks in morse code.

Take your time. ^…^

Quote from: Kokaine on October 05, 2013, 04:10:14 PM
I am intrigued... gonna give the podcast a listen and see what's what.

Yay! ^…^

Love And Submission

Will there be a pink floyd laser light show with the ghost of syd barrett? My interest depends on  Syd Barrett's spirit appearing at a laser light show.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Jag

Quote from: DTW on October 05, 2013, 04:56:21 PM
Will there be a pink floyd laser light show with the ghost of syd barrett? My interest depends on  Syd Barrett's spirit appearing at a laser light show.

Time for some reeducation. Pink Floyd does not exist. >…>

TheShii

Commission Me

Galanthor