Bodyguard to a God (M for f)

Started by jacobjon, April 15, 2015, 10:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobjon

The mortal world has always been directly influenced by the gods. The gods walked the earth, encouraging mortals to worship them, and offering aid in return. Many nations were heavily influenced by the gods they followed. Kingdoms that worshiped violent gods tended to be more warlike, while those who followed noble gods developed intricate systems of law. A god's power was in part drawn from the strength of their followers, so gods with stronger followings tended to be more powerful.

As time went on, the gods stopped walking the earth, preferring to exist in their own plain of reality. Their presence was still felt though. Kingdoms who worshiped strongly were rewarded with strong harvests and good health.

As of late, some of the crueler gods have started to become more power hungry. They have started to subtly influence their followers to wage war on the followers of their rivals, and used the opportunity to attack the weakened gods directly. Malavin was one of the gods to be attacked. As the god of justice, he has long struggled to maintain some semblance of order, on the celestial plain and on earth. When his followers are attacked, several of his rivals attack Malavin directly. Wounded and with his powers nearly depleted, Malavin flees to the last place his foes would look for him, earth.

Malavin crashes to earth at one of his temples, which has just been destroyed. Most of his followers are dead, save for a skilled female knight. Her attackers were struck at her ferocity in battle, and as female knights are rare, they decide to auction the captive off as an example to others who might be thinking of taking up the sword. Her captors flee in the presence of the fallen god, leaving Malavin alone with one of his strongest remaining mortal supporters.

Okay, so that is a lot. Basically I'm looking to tell a story between Malavin and the female knight. He is weakened and in need of aid, and she is eager to prove herself to her deity. I see it starting off as a one sided love, as Malavin wouldn't even consider the possibility of caring for a mortal so intimately. Perhaps it takes having her imperiled by enemy forces to make him realize how important she is to him.
"You fight for the wizard?" Black Adam

"I fight for those who can't fight for themselves." Superman

Euphoric Fiasco

This sounds like it has some great story-telling potential as well as some ardent passion.  I'm more than interested if you'd be willing to hash out the details.