Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmyKat

Emy slowly raised her voice, her legs shaking. "Going over the given arguments, and considering my own opinions. I feel that the safest choice is to lynch Madame... I hate the thought of lynching but I feel it's the safest course of action. I don't feel safe with her around." Feeling awkward, Emy ducked behind Yugi and blushed.

(Sorryyyyy I've been having issues irl x.x and everyone is trying to help which makes it even more overwhelming.)
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

The sheriff breaks all ties. It's why you elected the sheriff.

Galactic Druid

Yup! But, all of you also have a good 7 Hours left to change votes if you need to. I'll leave this open until the latest I can before going back to work.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Votes Thus Far:

Blythe - 8

Madame - 8

No Lynching - 2

Unless any changes are made, Blythe will have the final say in a few hours.

Madame Professor

With the town divided, The Professor pulled the flask of Holy Water from her pocket. As she had claimed, she would use the water on whoever went up to block, herself or Blythe. She looked to her Sheriff, curious as to what he would do. She had hoped the rest of the town would see the benefits of her plan and the logic in her actions. But it was obvious to her there was evil at work here. Her eyes rested on the Sheriff. Would he make the right choice for the village? "I hope you will put some trust in me. No innocent person will die this day." She lifts the bottle for the town to see, "This will show the truth of all. If you send me to the block, I will survive and my innocence will be proven. But I would rather give the village the added benefit of knowing the Sheriff, too, is innocent and has their best interests at heart. Unless you fear the Holy Water will reveal you are not as human as you claim to be?" She had to wonder, what would he be hiding by sending her to the block and keeping the Holy Water off himself?

"If one more person out there has any interest in making sure the town is secure and the village is in the safest hands it can be, I urge you to consider nominating Blythe. If it is revealed I don't use my holy water, I will gladly let you hang me the next day. I would even nominate myself if I could. But I assure you, so long as he is truly innocent, the Sheriff will survive." She lowered the bottled and waited, looking around to her neighbors, stopping when her gaze lands on the Sheriff himself. As far as she was concerned, one way or another, two people's allegiances would be proven this day, her own and Blythe's. 
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

AffablyEvil

Evil sighed. "Fine. I'll do it. I vote Blythe."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Galactic Druid

With things so close, I'm going to go ahead and wait until after work, instead of updating on my lunchbreak, so that more people have a chance to get their piece in or change their vote.

Galactic Druid

Alrighty, voting is locked in! I need to confirm a few actions, and will post the results soon!!

Galactic Druid

(Flavor text for this round was provided by Blythe!)
The Sheriff could see how this was going. The town was turning against their Sheriff, the very person they had elected to protect and save them.

Maybe it was for the best.

When led up to the lynching block, Blythe eyeballed the town Priest with deep suspicion. Was she really the Priest? He had doubted her for so long about it...or perhaps he had just hoped that she wasn't who she claimed to be. Because that spelled Doom for him. Horrible, awful doom. When the Priest threw the water onto Blythe, his features changed. He got bigger. Fur burst out from his skin; his true and monstrous shape. That holy container full of water would not allow him to hide his visage from the world any longer. His face lengthened, and his teeth became pronounced fangs.

With the noose around his neck, he lunged for Madame, but the rope about his neck was just like having a leash around a feral dog, and he was jerked back. Furious spittle frothed at his mouth, his black eyes resentful that his prize place as Sheriff and his very life were about to do the hemp fandango right into oblivion.

A Werewolf was revealed.

Our priest choose to use their holy water, revealing Blythe. Unlike with a normal lynching, this was a guaranteed werewolf kill. Night Phase 3 begins now! I'll post the results as soon as PMs are in. Please refrain from game discussing in this thread until then. Go nuts on the OOC though. As a reminder, dead players are always welcome in the OOC, so long as they keep any secrets they know to themselves.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

I promise I haven't forgotten you guys. I'm waiting on one night role to send in their PM.

Galactic Druid

Congratulations were in order. The village woke to celebrate the death of the evil that plagued them. Many people were eager to thank the supposed priest Madame Professor for her diligence, the previous day, yet she was nowhere to be found. As the hours went by, smiles began to fade as the cold grip of fear curled it's fingers around the village once more. A search party went out. They didn't need to look far. Searching the village homes, it quickly became clear that Madame Professor had been killed in her sleep. She lay peacefully in her bed, white as her sheets.  The wondrous artifacts in her home confirmed she once had been a special villager. At the very least, Madame had been the only death from the previous night. Perhaps they had dealt with at least some of the evil among them? It was clear, however, they were still far from safe, especially with no sheriff to guide them...

There are going to be two votes today! When you post, please include you vote to be lynched, as well as you vote for sheriff in bold. For the sake of keeping the game moving, you cannot vote the same player for lynching and for sheriff.

Day 4 Has Begun!

Players

• Remiel
  • Blythe
  • James M
  • Silver
  • Moirae
  • persephone325
  • SunshineSparkle
  • yugi006
  • Leorobin
  • BAMF
  • Verasaille
  • LunaLilith22
  • Madame Professor
  • KatKwik
  • Strangefate
  • Queenie
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • EmyKat
  • AffablyEvil
  • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 1-2 Werewolf players
  • 2 Vampires
  • The Seer
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • The Shaman
  • The Diseased Villager
  • The Lycan
  • 8-9 Villagers

AffablyEvil

Evil sighed, leaning up against a lamp-post and deciding to start the day. "With Blythe proven a werewolf, the deal between him and Remiel appear ever worse to me. With half of the deal proven a werewolf, it does not seem unreasonable to me to assume his other part may have been meddling in the forces of shadow as well." Evil said. "I therefore start the day by suggesting Remiel to be lynched. As for sheriff, at the moment I hold no strong opinion one way or the other, and as such will remain neutral on that topic for now."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Verasaille

Lady Vera came out of her house and went to the square. "So the next victim was Madame Professor? I am not surprised. But is does make me even more nervous. If she was innocent, why didn't the Shaman protect her? This leads me to believe Queenie is lying. There is also a possibility the bodyguard is dead. Since no one protected the Madame, someone is in a position to keep killing."

She turned around and regarded those still standing. "We need a sheriff to protect us. I am going to nominate Remiel. He makes sense and does not seem to be afraid to speak up in defense of the village. Remiel for sheriff is my vote. As to who to lynch, I suspect Yugi. But I will wait to see if anyone has any clues to offer.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Strangefate

Strangefate exits his house the next morning, once again hearing cries and wails of despair.  The priest had been murdered in the night, revenge likely for destroying one of the monsters.  He was still shaken at the thought they had elected one of their very enemies for their sheriff.   “I had hoped Madame Professor might survive the night.  She would have made our best choice for sheriff, having revealed herself to be the priest.  There’s no one else we can be entirely sure of but I will support Verasaille for sheriff right now.  She showed herself willing to listen to our debate and change her vote to what she thought was best.  She voted against lynching Luna and in favor of checking Blythe.  That is true of a few others as well and I’d be equally willing to vote for one of them.”

Sighing, he glanced up at the gallows.  So far they had only served to hang a monster and that was a good.  He was worried the renewed bloodlust would eventually lead to innocent deaths though.  “I honestly do not know who to lynch.  I admit I agree with Verasaille in being somewhat suspicious of yugi006 as he seemed so against checking Blythe at first and in favor of hanging Madame Professor as well as LunaLilith.  Like her, I am willing to hear other arguments, including his, before voting though.  I am not too convinced with Remiel simply because it seems foolish for the werewolves to openly reveal their partnership the way he did.  I am interested to hear what he will say though.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

persephone325

"I agree with voting Vera for sheriff. As for who to lynch, I have a hunch as to who among us may not appear to be who they say they are. However, I will hold off on that vote until I can find out more information." Persephone said.

"I had hoped Madame to survive as well. She would have had no contest in becoming sheriff..."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

"I throw my vote for Vera sheriff although I do suspect Vera somewhat as you constantly ncangenyour vote often."

"As for the Shaman role remember he or she only gets one protection and I'd you remember the previous night before last there was also only one death HIC could mean it was already used then."

yugi006

I voted for LunaLilith cause we needed a lynch to gain info. Look at what the lynch got us. It got us nowhere. My vote for Madame Professor was a mistake that I admit.

Remiel

"I, too, would like to see Verasaille as Sheriff.  I appreciate her confidence in me, and hope to return the favor."

As to AffablyEvil's accusations, he said only, "Clearly I did not know Blythe was a werewolf when I initially approached him about our non-aggression pact.  As I told you privately, AffablyEvil, the reason I made such a deal with him was pure simple self-interest: I was afraid that with two sets of villains this time around, I would be certain that one of them would kill me during the night, and so I thought that, if they knew I wouldn't vote to lynch them, they'd keep me around."  He sighed.  "Of course, by saying this, I'm certain to be werewolf-chow or vampire-chow now, but so be it.  Anyway, I approached a handful of people with that very same offer on the very first night.  Blythe just happened to be one of them."

"Speaking of werewolves, if you're wondering who they are, I would look among the ranks of those who voted for Madame Professor, who did not believe she was telling the truth:  Strangefate, Ceralilly, yugi006, Silver, Rafiki23, BAMF, Emykat.  One, or possibly two of those are certainly your werewolves."

desert ashes

"My vote is for Remiel for sheriff, as well.  I believe his word that he made a mistake trusting Blythe and I hope we are not making the same mistake with him.  However, he is clever and provided he's on our side and not the villains, I think we'll be in good hands." 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

yugi006

"Remember that Remiel also voted for Madame Professor then changed his vote to no lynch. Something to consider. "

desert ashes

Slowly Moirae arched her brows at yugi.  "Yes, something to consider, but he did change his vote.  He could not vote for Blythe, but rather than cast a stone at the Madame he chose not to lynch.  By changing his vote he helped keep the Madame alive at least for a little while.  You, however, I am becoming very suspicious of.  In private you kept trying to convince me that the Madame was our enemy with very mad logic.  I'm starting to think you may be the enemy, yugi."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

yugi006

"True but Blythe also switched his vote from Madame Professor to no lynch as well so that is saying something. If Blythe had decided to change his vote back to her we would have been in the same situation."

"Well I was convinced that she was the enemy at the time. I admitted that I was wrong. She was the one that placed doubts in a lot of us. With so little information I couldn't risking lynching Blythe. I'm truly sorry for the loss of Madame Professor."

"Like I said I wasn't protecting Blythe. The risk was too great."

Ceralilly

Ceralilly left her home and made her way to the arguing crowd, hearing that Yugi was in trouble she felt inclined to step forward.

"We all either suspected Blythe or MP, there was little strategy used by anyone that I could note, as to who voted for who. More so a fear crazed and confused group of people, half of which voted for Blythe and the other half voted for MP, if going by the average. Now many people changed their minds, I voted MP, because if she were who she stated she was, she could in fact save herself. Blythe had already caused suspicion for me, but why would Yugi, one whom I spoke to directly, OR myself risk making ourselves prime targets... HELLO! BAD GUY FOR MAYOR...That gives us little people over here, who may not have powers or advantages, a bit more hesitant to point the knowing finger."

She paused and looked a bit irritated towards everyone, and landed on Remiel, "You listed half of the village, including myself, and I ask, you...I ASK EVERYONE!: Why, on this green earth, would you pick a man who made a pact with a wolf? Even if he was naïve to his intentions, or his species,  to be mayor?! It was foolhardy to place your reputation on the line over someone who's history you are not familiar with. As is the case with most of us here, yet before the first day was complete you had already struck a pact with the devil so to speak...I would consider it a poor choice to put a person who would do this in a position of power. To break it down, either he acted completely on a impulse, or he KNEW who Blythe was, making Remiel either a sweet silly heart, or a WOLF AMONG SHEEP."

"I will be voting after I hear a bit more...banter." Having had enough of the fighting and finger pointing was turning Cera into a bit of a grump, and she moved off to the side, and waited for the rebuttals to begin.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes