Would an X-men SL/Game/RP be asking for too much?

Started by Mistiq, April 08, 2006, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayve13

Yeah, seems like we'll need a multi-thread setup.

Darwishi

In which case, yeah go ahead and start it.  Need a thread for New York City itself, though who should I send the my character application to? You gonna be the GM or Mistiq? Or did they give up on the X-men thing and you're taking over? Color me confused. ^^

Natalie C. Barney

Why not The Mystery Men I can be the PMS AVENGER! lol (just kidding)
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Rayve13

But you'd only be able to help us fight crime like three days a month! (loved that movie)

Sorry about the delay, I took a little down time. I'll forward on to a goddess soon.

Darwishi

Natalie C. Barney

Really I love the dredded Blue Raja master of cutlery save knives he is not STAB MAN after all.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Rayve13

Okay, I made the trhead request for NC: Exotic Heavy, and was asked to make sure we actually needed something that heavy, since there are several games in there. I requested for that because i wasn't sure what people were looking for here, and with mutants things like tentacle rape are a possibility. However, I will go on record saying I'd prefer something in the midtones, if everyone else is fine with that. Let me know what you think is needed, and I'll resubmit the request.

And, for those who are looking for tentacle rape and such, I was told that if that's what is needed, that's what we'll get. The Goddesses just want to make sure we're in the right place ;D

And The Bowler was my favorite. Her father's skull...inside a bowling ball? Genius!

Rayve13

Anyone have a placement preference? I'm gonig to make the thread request tommorow for midtones if I don't here back.

Darwishi

What's the difference between Midtones and Heavy?  Is it the difference between tentacle molested and tentacle raped, or what? ^^

LordAnubis

Per curiousity, is there going to be an intended story at all?  Or is it going to be a setting for people to do there thing in?

Darwishi

I was kinda wondering that myself.  Is there an overall plot or did you just want it to be players coming together and making up their own plots? ^^

Rayve13

This is a plot idea sent to me, and it seems interesting enough:

For the X-Men game, I was thinking perhaps someone has set the X-Men up... the story would go that a team had just returned from the scene of a small anti-mutant riot, and from saving a few mutants who had been caught up in it (a possible way to introduce some of the non-canon characters)... what they don't know is that the riot was intcited to draw them there, by either a shadowy government group, the Friends of Humanity, or some similar group. While they were on the scene, a group of "policemen" showed up and launched what looked like tear gas into the midst of the riot... what it really was, though, was the airborn form of a tailored virus, one meant to infect only mutants.

The viral gas at first would have a similar effect to tear gas (which sucks, trust me), it would cause burning on exposed skin, and irritation of the eyes/mouth, etc... that's the cover... afterwards it'll wear off, just like tear gas will, but it stays within them, now in its second stage of development. In this stage the virus is no longer airborn, instead it becomes transmitted through exchange of bodily fluids (a genetically tailored STD)... the only effect it has in this stage is to arrouse the host, at first leaving them flush, and eventually insatiably horny... until they have sex (and pass the virus on to the next victim), it will continue to drive them wild... the problem is that it doesn't stop after the first time, instead it goes dormant for a period of a day, maybe two, and then it starts again, and over time it comes back more frequently.

This would eventually leave the adult population of the mansion insanely horny. An inhibitor may be discovered, but in order to find a cure they need to figure out who did this to them, and find their research. The plot provides plenty of sex, but some good old fashion storylining as well. (Xerial came up with this idea, I think it works just to be saying)

Rayve13

As far as the distinction, it seems to basically be a rape vs. no rape level, from what I can tell in reading the boards. If anyone's looking for forced non-consensual, we need heavy. If not, mid should do the job.

Darwishi

Ahh, well in that case I might not play on this game.  I was thinking of a game that was heroes versus villains.  That just sounds like an excuse for everyone to go crazy and have sex with one another where as I wanted to play a heroine that took on someone else rather than something else.  And I just got out of playing a virus-based plot, too much thinking involved and not enough playing my character.  Mostly it just sounds like a bunch of people with a good excuse to have sex, where as I was hoping for a fighting, molesting, and possibly rape type game.  Though I'm not keen on rape scenes, myself, that was the sort of setting I was thinking of.

Natalie C. Barney

Ditto I was thinking of X-Men heroes and heroines that also happened to have relationships and sex. And no rape for me I want a nice soft loving relationship with another woman.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Rayve13

Well, that was sent to me by Mistiq, and it is just a suggestion. I'm plenty open to others.

But, if enthusiasm has waned, I'm not going to fight it particularly. I'm stretched moderately thin as it is. I could handle it, but I have nothing new to contribute at the moment aside from character ideas for heroes and villains. So, if there are other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Mindhazingsquid

I'm open for a game but I also would likie a game that was more story than sex.  I can give story ideas if you would like or need them.

Darwishi

So, I'm fried after fighting with Adobe Premiere all night, but maybe you could have the villains plotting to take out the new x-men or something.  Or better yet, Apocalypse could make an appearance and start pulling people to his side.  Or, something else...like I said I'm rather fried from trying to trouble shoot what's wrong with this program. ^^

tcost

It's all about timing.

If I were running the game (which I couldn't do, I could never find the time, especially not now!), I'd start things off with some occasion for a lot of reunions, various X-Men coming back from this, that, and the other, perhaps after some period while there had been remodelling after a fight that did some serious damage to the HQ (whether this will be Westchester or Snow Valley doesn't really matter for this purpose).  So two characters who hadn't seen one another in a while could suddenly fall into bed, or sit and talk about what they'd been doing while they've been apart before fucking like crazed ferrets, or deliver Ominious News and discuss it gloomily for a while before getting eaten out and fucked -- just to cheer things up, you know.

Once the opening sex scenes have started to wrap up, somebody starts sending messages via intercom or telepathy, breaking in just after the cuddly afterglow is about to get old for each couple or troika or what have you, each in turn.  That summons everybody to a meeting which amounts to a Council of Elrond, where Emma or even Charles dispenses Massive Exposition, and the inital version of the problem as our heroes best understand it so early on in the plot.  This leader then sends one group after another off on various missions, or even the whole kit and kaboodle off to a frontal attack on some enemy who won't be prepared for them;  if the latter, an initial assault would naturally break down as clusters of characters break off on their own from other clusters.  

Once the scenes splinter things like rape scenes can happen without so many allies being close at hand that rescue is inevitable, and heroes and villains can duel, even kill one another.  Where things go from here would depend upon how many players are still involved, and an organic development of the plot which should be able to branch and grow on its own by now, arising from chemistry between characters and writers, and from the logical consequences of how a scene finishes up (the henchman escapes with the McGuffin, the captive guard is interrogated/seduced/bought off and reveals what he knows about the mastermind's evil plan, etc.).  You get the idea.

What do people think of this?

The viral idea is a good one, but it reminds me a lot of Love Mansion.  That's not a good enough reason not to employ it, of course;  but unless we want to considerably expand the opening scenes, it wouldn't fit here, unless it's just a short-term sex gas thing set off by one of the heroes on purpose as a prank or somesuch.  If the virus is to be used here, I think that it should be the main theme of the first part of the game, instead of the scenario I described above.  

I prefer justice to irony.

Rayve13

The suggested course sounds perfectly reasonable, if in need of a little fleshing out. The only other question I'd want to know the answer to offhand is how many people are planning new characters, and how many are planning to use existing types?

Mindhazingsquid

Darwishi

New character...even if she is based off of superman. =OP 

Natalie C. Barney

New character but a blatant mutant is unlikely I was thinking she was mutated improving her mind and she uses power armor and devices to fight evil. No one said a mutant had to have powers from their mutations they can be subtle. Like sperior genius and creativity far beyond most humans. Has the advantage she would not likely be seen as a mutant unless they have detectors even thenthe gene could just be so latent she might be passed over as a REAL mutant.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

Ooooh, kinda like Lex Luthor in DC ( I read DC sue me, that's where I get my references from) he's theorized to be a metahuman half the time cause he's so smart, and the other half they think he's just human, but a super genius.  Basically, if I read right your character is super smart but unclear if she's a mutant or not, sometimes, right?

And she's a goodguy...just pointing out how she's different than Lex so you don't get the wrong message from this post. ~nod~

Natalie C. Barney

I was thinking Gear in STATIC SHOCK but with more money and resources. As for the equipment powered armor, some kind of vehicle or two and a theme. Maybe Darkforce Energy so she would have all black armor and such with lots of darkness effects and attacks. I had an idea for Living Armor a molding and shifting exoskeleton made out of nanites like Spawns skin. Her actual powers would be Superior Genius and Computer Link (could on touch talk to computers- in her case her armor).

That would be so cool I think and she could have it fit her form like latex sprayed on but enhance her strength, speed and have lots of tricks..
Natalie Clifford Barney