The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

So Nurse, are you saying that your twins are a part of our rough-and-tumble crew?  Or were you talking about how you were going to join us on the hunt?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MzNurse

My twins belong to the halfdrow and the succubus.  You would have to ask them...
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Cuffs

Do the twins have character sheets?  And I'm curious what are venerable guild leader's char sheet would look like, too. :P

On that note, if anyone has any questions about character sheets, or wants me to peruse them for fine-comb details, I'd be more than happy to.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

I'm still working out the finer details on the venerable guildleader, but I regret that her sheet and her confidants will not be available for perusal. Given the narrow focuses so far, however anyone in the game should have little trouble discerning their general builds.
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

Cuffs

*snaps the finger*  Well darn. :)

On that note, I'm big on OOC knowledge and IC knowledge not crossing.  While my char sheet is available for all to view, the particular magics and abilities of his are OOC knowledge.  Some things could be assumed (i.e. bracers of armor probably appear semi-similar, so if you have one, you might be able to assume his are the same.)  Not being a butt  :-X, it's just how he is; People don't need to know anything about him, but if they observe him use it, then they were observant enough to notice and therefore are worthy to at least know that much.  In short, please don't assume he'll do anything unless you've seen him do it before, and at this point, Jessamyn would likely be the only one.

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

My character is, like me, a lesbian, and she's slightly submissive, though she goes to lengths to hide that.  On the other hand, I doubt anyone in the group would know that about her.  Don't worry though, I don't think my character will be signing any Infernal contracts.  She deals with devils too often for that. ^_^

Mnemaxa

Jessamyn is a troublemaker, and perfectly willign to use her powers to cause people to have unusual desires just for her own amusement.  She's a xenophile as well, and enjoys tormenting Gore for whatever reason.  She prefers females to males, but she's flexible, and some of her other powers allow her to do interesting things concerning bondage, toys, and other amusing things. 

She'll probably have a distinct interest in the twins....

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Sunday

Nero goes both ways :P Though I know he'd rather be dominant towards a woman, I'm not sure how he'd react to a man. but eh...

also! my new picure of Nero done ^^

Myrleena

Heh, my character will probably stay out of most of it, (though I just realized it would be amusing to have a couple of slave/followers since I have Leadership) but will be most entertained by watching.  And summoning demons/devils to help, of course. ^_^

stellaru

I can generally post 1-3 times a day. sometimes more if they are small posts.

I'm pretty good with any kind of sexual content and my character is extremely curious and open to anything and any sexual role. He is all about experiencing and recording (in the form of art) any and all experiences he can which definitely includes sexual situations. So he he'll do it with just about anything or at the very least will watch and take sketches. He is also a huge voyeur for the sake of his art and uses his x-ray vision ring periodically to search out any good individuals for nude portraits.

Cuffs

I'm eagerly awaiting the start of this game!  :D  Standing by to assist in any way I can.

A/A(Temporary)

MzNurse

Mystic Dragon

We're pretty much ready to go- I'm working on a plot point currently. Adan, I'm going to take up your offer to be my other pair of eyes. Go ahead and check the apps over for mistakes and illegalities.

It might be a little heavy on participants, but all of the submissions so far have been good, so all of you are in. I still need to check your builds over for crazy stuff like thought bottles or infinite spike chain tripping, but for those of you who are eager to start, we're probably a week away or less.

Thank you for all of your submissions and the work you put in so far. I have a massive plot laid out for us, and I hope most of you will see it to the end.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, I hope to be part of the story and able witness it to the end :). Not to mention juicy sexual encounters some of the writers here (we shall see what servant of devil can get to do).

Mystic Dragon

Ok, now that the plot point is worked out, I'm looking at Friday for starting. 2 warnings upfront:

1. I will not be using the CR system to work out encounters- I'm going to do it more like Baldurs Gate 2: Logical enemies that you may or may not be leveled enough to deal with. Use your eyes and your skills before you jump in head-first.

This also applies the plot in general- I have a script for the first day or so, but after that I'm turning you loose. Wanna go insult a master summoner? No problem, I can have 4 Balors summoned for you in short order. Wanna go hit the local bakery? They have exceptional cranberry bread and fresh butter. Wanna pretend to be good guys and hunt down other parties searching for Damien? If you can bluff your way through the local gov't's Detect Evil spells, have at it!

2. Some of the things we're doing(Book of Nine Swords, Psionics) I don't have a lot of experience with, so bear with me. If I need to take time to research, I'd rather do that than make a bad call for or against you. This will also go for when I have to improvise for you- I promise your waiting will be worth it.

Any last minute questions?

Zaer Darkwail

Nothing really. Just take into account maneuvers themselves in book nine swords are meant to be taken off as pure martial skill, not magic (they are treated as supernatural effects rulewise). But anti-magic field works vs them but I recall one maneuver from Iron heart style can negate (single thing) ANYTHING. Including anti-magic field rule wise.

I know a one well broken martial art build which allowed near endless loop for full round actions (and having Ruby Knight Vindicator levels) but I did not do that as it is way cheesy :P.

Cuffs

Mystic - You got it.  I'll start reviewing char sheets for you (although I'm busy for the next couple of days, I'll do what I can.)

Before I start PMing each of you, please take a look at my sheet.  It's not perfect, I'm still going to add my racial stats, but for the sheet to be ideal, to make it easier for the DM, please have every single thing you can possibly think of on there.  Every item you own, book used, etc, should be on there.  Some of you need to re-read the attack system (i.e. 15/10/5 is three attacks, it's not 15/10/5/0), and same goes for armor (Max dex bonus is extra dex given to you, it's a limit.  If you have 30 dex (A plus 10 bonus) but you're a chain shirt (max dex +4) then you can only claim +4 dex for AC.  Please, reread your sheets, if anything is missing, update them (and I do recommend myth-weavers, as it does some nice auto-calcs, but isn't quite perfect).  I'll be PMing each of you within the next day or so.  I'm guessing the few intro days won't be extremely gear/stat critical, so I don't think starting on Friday is a problem.

Cheers all!  Let's have some fun!

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 03, 2009, 03:28:58 PM
Nothing really. Just take into account maneuvers themselves in book nine swords are meant to be taken off as pure martial skill, not magic (they are treated as supernatural effects rulewise). But anti-magic field works vs them but I recall one maneuver from Iron heart style can negate (single thing) ANYTHING. Including anti-magic field rule wise.

I know a one well broken martial art build which allowed near endless loop for full round actions (and having Ruby Knight Vindicator levels) but I did not do that as it is way cheesy :P.

Most Martial Manuvers are Extraordinary actions; there are a few from Desert Wind and Shadow Hand that are supernatural.  The Iron Heart Surge Maneuver that most char-ops claim is broken is only broken if you take the most literal view of it - that is, that everything in the universe is an effect that lasts more than one round and therefore can be negated by Iron Heart Surge. 

I hate rules lawyers. (Not claiming anyone here is one, just stating it. ^_^ )

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

Funny that you should say that, for, according to the PHB2, that's exactly what I am.  However, I'm usually using my unique thought process to try and keep things sane, battling the evil-doers that try to loophole everything, so that one man can cleave a whole army in a round.  Bastard...yes, I knew someone like that. O.o  Anywho. :)

Adding a few minutes later:
I've printed everyone's sheet that I've seen links or info for, (Samantha, Xulauniir, Daken Sato, Nero Rilyn, and Sodom (A cohort, I believe)).  I'll be going over them tonight, class schedule permitting, so if there's something you add to the sheet, please let me know.  I encourage adding as much info as possible, no joke.  Racial ability stats, something unusual (I.e. natural cunning, minotaur special ability, I briefly explained it.)  If there's not enough room somewhere, there's nearly unlimited space at the bottom (although scrolling is required to see it sometimes.)  If I pm you with a question, it's not a negative thing.  Just trying to make sure everything is as it should be.  (Sometimes you may gain something from this process.  ;) )

A/A(Temporary)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here are my charsheets for my char and cohort;

Char (Jarek Darkwing); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110551

Cohort (Zena the branded); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110753

Because oen PM with GM I have my cash loosed up from my airship. Most likely spend it on my cohort then.

MzNurse

stellaru

Quote from: Adan on March 04, 2009, 01:31:03 AM
Adding a few minutes later:
I've printed everyone's sheet that I've seen links or info for, (Samantha, Xulauniir, Daken Sato, Nero Rilyn, and Sodom (A cohort, I believe)).  I'll be going over them tonight, class schedule permitting, so if there's something you add to the sheet, please let me know.  I encourage adding as much info as possible, no joke.  Racial ability stats, something unusual (I.e. natural cunning, minotaur special ability, I briefly explained it.)  If there's not enough room somewhere, there's nearly unlimited space at the bottom (although scrolling is required to see it sometimes.)  If I pm you with a question, it's not a negative thing.  Just trying to make sure everything is as it should be.  (Sometimes you may gain something from this process.  ;) )
I changed three things about my sheet since you posted this. 1. I changed corrected the number of +1 javelins I said I had. The correct number is 5. 2 I added the +2 synergy bonus to my sleight of hand skill from having 5 ranks in bluff. 3. I spent a little money on buying 8 more regular javelins and 30 darts and put them into my efficient quiver (the darts will go in the arrow compartment since the PHB said that they were roughly the size and shape of an arrow).

UPDATE: I just realized that I hadn't put in my languages. I just added them.

Cuffs

Okay, Stell's sheet should be all good to go.  Apologize for busy-ness.  My job is randomly slow for weeks, then busy all of a sudden.  I promise to get to you other fellows and fillies.  In the meantime, please please please, I can't stress enough how much easier it is to make notes all over your char sheet.  Use mine as an example.  Note which are feats.  Note weird item abilities.  Racial ability scores, natural weapons, etc.

Phantom, if you could please put your cohort into Myth-Weavers, I'd super duper appreciate it.

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Game Update: I'm going to try REALLY hard to do the final check on everyone's build today, but as I am currently jobhunting, no promises. Also, we have 1 more person definitely joining us and 1 more that might be. I'm aware that our group is getting rather large, but assuming that everyone participates well, I think it will be fun.

Whether I finish proofing or not though, I will get started tomorrow, since there will be no battles and such for the first day or so.

Myrleena

I completely understand the jobhunting bit, as I'm doing the same. >.<  I'll keep harassing ShamshielDF to complete her character, as she's been delaying quite a bit, trying to veg out from too much work.  She'll probably be done tonight, but we'll see how things go.