Seeking Writing Partners

Started by CynfulTragedy, May 08, 2010, 10:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CynfulTragedy

First and foremost, greetings and salutations to everyone!

I'm currently seeking out writers to role-play with. Male or female is of little consequence, though I would enjoy having a variety of both in the end. I play both female and male characters, and am comfortable with both homosexual and heterosexual pairings with characters. I am keeping a steady list of my story ideas below, but am always open to new inspiration, so if you are interested in writing with me, please do not feel limited by the list.

Just know that I have a decided interest in horror, fantasy, and am testing the waters in the realm of science fiction. I enjoy any story-lines that deal with the angelic/demonic, vampiric, and supernatural aspects. I tend to stray away from day-to-day scenarios. I prefer that extra “edge” if you will, and the easiest way to catch my interest is to have a paranormal, supernatural, historical, or fantasy edge. I also prefer writers who use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. I do not mind the typos and mistakes that we all make time and again, but literate partners are sexy, the more literate, the sexier they become.

The Lost and Forgotten (TAKEN)

Enter a modern society where humans go about their daily routines, pursue their loves and their dreams while avoiding their fears. All the while there is a hidden battle taking place, that between the realms of above and those below, and all the creatures and entities contained there-in. Most do not notice or recognize that this is occurring, but one woman stumbles upon something she should have never seen. She finds herself propelled into a world more fantastic and terrifying than anything she would have ever imagined.

Tricks of Light and Shadow(TAKEN)

Two individuals wake up one night to find that population as they know it has disappeared. No tell-tale signs to speak of a traumatic event or evidence to imply anything else out of the ordinary has occurred. The world is simply and suddenly empty...save for them. Together they embark on a search to discover what happened and to find those who have disappeared, and at the same time discover each other along the way.

Broken Skies(TAKEN)

Inspired by the world of Laurell K. Hamilton and the Anita Blake series, this story centers around the concept of supernatural creatures such as vampires, werewolves, and faeries having achieved a legal citizenship within society. Within this world two entities are pitted against each other: one of the monsters, and a person who has made it their goal to eradicate them in the name of the law. But, will she be able to carry out her duty when she discovers she has feelings for the vampire she was sent to destroy?

Shattered Dreams of Midnight

To be ripped from your home is one of the worst fates that can befall one of the Fae. It is the punishment that falls upon Lachtna, a member of the Unseelie court. He is cast out from his home for a murder he did not commit and suddenly finds himself in the world of humans, their technology and lifestyle alien to him. He stumbles across one individual who recognizes him for what he is. Together, they seek to teach Lachtna to adapt to his new world, and develop a bond along the way. (This could easily be a M/M or heterosexual pairing, depending on which way you would like it to go).

Of Thieves and Kings

Imatra is accustomed to working her way through the court intrigues of late 18th century France on the brink of revolution, orchestrating her share of dangerous and daring affairs. However, has she found her match in the mysterious, intimidating figure of a man that enters court affairs from England? Will he be an asset to her cause, or will he be her enemy? Will the two find love or tragedy in their dealings with each other?

Secret of Saturn

A futuristic Earth, where ozone depletion has turned the world of day into a society of night, where off-planet colonies are on the rise and the population of Earth is increasingly becoming an endangered species. Welcome to a culture that finds its pleasures in a darker void than the night-world they reside within, a culture that is not only at risk from the dangers of their time, but also from a very specific predator. A predator, that - like them - fears the burning sun of day and finds its pleasures, its sustenance, and its destruction by the call of night.

Pairings
(Note: if you seek to write any of the following pairings, please include in your PM an idea about the story-line you would like to associate with the pairing you choose, and which you are interested in playing)

Vampire/Vampire
Vampire/Human
Elven/Elven
Elven/Human
Djinn/Human
Angel/Demon
Angel/Human
Demon/Human
Human/Human
(In reference to Human/Human, I'm willing to do this in a variety of science fiction, historical, or horror settings)
Ghost (or Entity)/Human
Ghost (or Entity)/Vampire

Fan Fiction

I am willing to do stories on the following lines of fan fiction, if anyone is interested

Laurell K. Hamilton – Either the Anita Blake or the Merry Gentry series
The Forever Knight television series
Anne Rice – Vampire Chronicles
Neil Gaiman's Sandman series

If you are interested in one of these ideas, or have a different idea you would like to propose, please feel free to drop me a PM.

-Cyn

CynfulTragedy

Extensive updating and addition has taken place.