What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Inkidu, I could not agree more with you assessment :)

Brandon, I love Jericho! But it's problem is that the level design does not meld well with your group. They give you a diverse team with all these powers that blend together for interesting tactics, but then they shove you into tight corridors, and by the time you realize a suicide bombing pus thing is there, its already swelling to blow up two thirds of your squad :/

Still, the story was fantastic.

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on May 15, 2010, 11:20:48 PM
Inkidu, I could not agree more with you assessment :)

Brandon, I love Jericho! But it's problem is that the level design does not meld well with your group. They give you a diverse team with all these powers that blend together for interesting tactics, but then they shove you into tight corridors, and by the time you realize a suicide bombing pus thing is there, its already swelling to blow up two thirds of your squad :/

Still, the story was fantastic.

Totally agree Sabby, if it werent for bad level design, and crappy AI the game would be near perfect. The story (and its presentation) are still gold though.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Sabby

I don't get why some people hate the story :/ it's not like it's hard to understand. It could have used some background info, yeah, (I only found out what lead up to the games events through Wikipedia) but I always hear the same argument, that God creating something more powerful then him is ridiculous. And I'm like... where does it say that? :/ It says it was too powerful for him to destroy... that doesn't mean it was better then him, just means he went a bit overboard and had to rethink.

We've all had a Lego set before. We know what thats like. xD

Brandon

Quote from: Sabby on May 16, 2010, 01:00:51 AM
I don't get why some people hate the story :/ it's not like it's hard to understand. It could have used some background info, yeah, (I only found out what lead up to the games events through Wikipedia) but I always hear the same argument, that God creating something more powerful then him is ridiculous. And I'm like... where does it say that? :/ It says it was too powerful for him to destroy... that doesn't mean it was better then him, just means he went a bit overboard and had to rethink.

We've all had a Lego set before. We know what thats like. xD

I always thought that, given Christian and catholic influenced background of the story, the reason why he didnt destroy the entity was out of unconditional love for his creation. Similar to his love for human kind. That makes more sense to me then the idea that he couldnt destroy it because it was so powerful
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Inkidu

I got Fire Red and Leaf Green for my GBA emulator and I am proudly kicking some serious ass. Besides it's the only pokemon game I'll play anymore (though I'm on the fence about picking Heart Gold up).
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

Quote from: Inkidu on May 16, 2010, 03:46:51 PM
I got Fire Red and Leaf Green for my GBA emulator and I am proudly kicking some serious ass. Besides it's the only pokemon game I'll play anymore (though I'm on the fence about picking Heart Gold up).

I stopped playing those things twelve years ago, so pardon my ignorance: what's the difference between fire red/leaf green and heart gold?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on May 16, 2010, 04:27:45 PM
I stopped playing those things twelve years ago, so pardon my ignorance: what's the difference between fire red/leaf green and heart gold?
Fire Red/Leaf Green are the remakes of Red and Blue (remade for GBA) and Heart Gold and Soul Silver are DS remakes of Gold and Silver.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Either Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be playing Alan Wake. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on May 16, 2010, 05:44:43 PM
Either Tuesday or Wednesday I'll be playing Alan Wake. :D
You know I thought about that one, then I saw the box and said, "A T rated horror game? I dunno..."

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on May 16, 2010, 05:53:53 PM
You know I thought about that one, then I saw the box and said, "A T rated horror game? I dunno..."

It's more psychological horror than Physical horror...So less blood shed, more Holy **** what just happened moments.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Force Unleashed,

Suikoden 1-6

Jusrassic the Hunted

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

cronort

I play a lot... I'm looking for people to play with.

Yes, WoW is one of them. But sadly i'm not on as much lately cause I lack the peeps to play with! Lol
I wanna start up Diablo II again but again, no one to play.
I can't wait for Diablo III
And Guild Wars...again I need peeps.
I play lots of 360 games :3 I can handle those alone but prefer others.

And I so wish I had wifi for the pokemon games >.> I just got back into them. Lol

Oniya

O_o  You actually have 2?  *is very impressed*

Working on speed medals in Dark Cloud 2.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Halo Wars
Halo 3
Halo ODST
waiting on his limited Halo Reach

psp: D&D tactics, Alchemy school, Radient Tales

Ds: Emblem all the way baby.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Shadowsteel

Nice man. Love the fire emblem series.  Sadly, the only one I managed to beat was the second  :'(

I need to get back to the first. Which is technically the second, come to think of it
Sworn to the Oath of Drake

Shadowsteel's theory on the transitive property of handcuffs - through association, especially by physical contact such as hug-piles - legitimate reason is given if you have reasonable reason to apply handcuffs to one particpant, you have reason (excuse) to apply handcuffs to all of them.

OOC's Beware! Because really, when is it not
an acceptable time for handcuffs?

cronort

I've got two 360s lol
I use to have a PS3 but it got stolen
And a wii :3
I have two DSs
A PS1
A PS2
A 64
A Dreamcast
And a Genesis
I need plugs for some. Games for some. And oh well

I have two 360s cause I had one since like 06 and the other since like...FF13, duh. Lol

Paradox

Quote from: cronort on May 17, 2010, 01:56:38 AM
I've got two 360s lol
I use to have a PS3 but it got stolen
And a wii :3
I have two DSs
A PS1
A PS2
A 64
A Dreamcast
And a Genesis
I need plugs for some. Games for some. And oh well

I have two 360s cause I had one since like 06 and the other since like...FF13, duh. Lol

Are you playing any games on them?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

cronort

For DS I am playin HeartGold
For 360 I play
Borderlands
MW2
Mass Effect 2
Uh plenty others, lol. I play usually whatever I can get someone to join me in

Don't have much else hooked up. Since I just unpacked a lot recently

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Ds soul silver
      Fire emblem as usuall
      Final Fantasy 3
      FInal Fantasy Revrent Wings

PSP AVP
        Alchemy school
       Rpgs of all types

Ps2: Naruto titles for now.

Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Lirliel

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Prypiat
Metro 2033 (got it installed, but haven't played yet)
Heavy Rain
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on May 16, 2010, 06:05:23 PM
It's more psychological horror than Physical horror...So less blood shed, more Holy **** what just happened moments.
Oh, I get that, but even Eternal Darkness was M and that's held highly as the greatest psychological horror game ever. It's like trying to find a PG-13 horror movie that's scary. I'm sure it exists but I ain't found it.

I'm not really playing anything! I need a new game! Suggestions?

Sabby

*pouts* this sucks! My supplier had 4 games waiting for me. Red Dead Redemption, POP: Forgotton Sands, Lost Planet 2, and Alan Wake. two of those aren't even released yet. I could pay for them in 6 hours, but he went on holidays in 30 minutes.......

Now I have to wait a week, and maybe a few days more.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 18, 2010, 05:18:01 PM
*pouts* this sucks! My supplier had 4 games waiting for me. Red Dead Redemption, POP: Forgotton Sands, Lost Planet 2, and Alan Wake. two of those aren't even released yet. I could pay for them in 6 hours, but he went on holidays in 30 minutes.......

Now I have to wait a week, and maybe a few days more.
You only get it through one guy? There's something to be said for using a store.

Sabby

That's the difference between paying 40 dollars and 400 dollars >.> I have a mod chip and a supplier.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on May 18, 2010, 05:50:26 PM
That's the difference between paying 40 dollars and 400 dollars >.> I have a mod chip and a supplier.
I question the legality or at least the validity of your warranty with that...