Searching for something from PotC

Started by SinsOfEden, January 17, 2011, 09:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinsOfEden

Just to make a long story short... Me and the father of my baby both enjoy the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. In At World's End in the scene where Davy Jones visits Tia Dalma (Calypso), they both have those musical heart lockets. Well, I've always wanted one and have always loved the little musical theme, which he does too. And he made me remember it after showing me this video clip from the movie:

Davy Jones & Calypso

I've searched all over trying to find the actual lockets, trying to see if I could possibly find one at all. However, all I've found is this. Which I'm glad I did, though. Because I'm really considering buying it as a special gift for the baby.

But I still really want one of those lockets and was wondering if anyone here was willing to help me search. If so, I would be super grateful. Like...forever. Please and thank you!  =^^=  <3
  |≈|  Apologies/Absences  |≈|  On's/Off's & More  |≈| 

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 
{Between Zyrkirius and Lloyd... Zyr is currently present.}

~ Current avatar ~

|≈|  Zyr's Beast  |≈|  Lloyd's first intro.  |≈|

Blitzy

One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

SinsOfEden

Quote from: Blitzy on January 17, 2011, 09:53:42 AM
I found this one, Ghost:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64828015/musical-puffed-heart-locket-love-me

That's actually really nice. And I appreciate the fact that you went searching, but I'm looking specifically for the one from the movie. Or one just like it. Same musical theme and all. I know I probably won't find one and would most likely have to have it custom made. But I'm still holding out hope that someone would be able to find one if I can't. Which is why I'm asking for help. ><;

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Oniya

The best I could find was a music box movement:

http://www.deanorgans.co.uk/order_musicalmovements_mbm18_davy_jones_music_box.htm

Also, more info here:  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=517554

You might also try contacting one of the Disney parks that has the ride.  There might be something in the gift stores.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinsOfEden

Quote from: Oniya on January 17, 2011, 10:29:19 AM
The best I could find was a music box movement:

http://www.deanorgans.co.uk/order_musicalmovements_mbm18_davy_jones_music_box.htm

Also, more info here:  http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=517554

You might also try contacting one of the Disney parks that has the ride.  There might be something in the gift stores.

Yeah. I've found the movements and stuff I was just hoping that they would have somehow led me to a locket. But from what I read on that second link, it was just a prop in the movie and it probably wouldn't be possible to make a locket just like the one from the movie. The movement would be too big and then there are copyrighting issuses and the likes. And even if it were possible, it would most likely be quite expensive. Which just isn't very good for me.

And I've heard that the stuff like that never played the music. It was just another necklace.

I have to say that I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged. =\

But thank you for your time and the information. <3

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~

Oniya

What you might consider is getting a nice wooden jewelry box designed to hold two lockets, and install the movement into that (wooden boxes give the best resonance).  I know it's not the same thing, but it would bring both elements together.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinsOfEden

Quote from: Oniya on January 17, 2011, 12:36:25 PM
What you might consider is getting a nice wooden jewelry box designed to hold two lockets, and install the movement into that (wooden boxes give the best resonance).  I know it's not the same thing, but it would bring both elements together.

That is a really awesome idea. I like that.  =D

|≈|  Elluiki   |≈| 

~ Current avatar ~