X-Men:: Friends of Humanity (( Men Needed! ))

Started by Mnemosyne, August 24, 2011, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mnemosyne

Updated with link to new OOC thread for further discussion. <3
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

Ramael

Are you still looking for Brotherhood? Great set-up you have here, nice juicy backstory, that always reels me in. I'm rather interested and would love to be involved, but which group needs numbers the most?

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Ramael on August 26, 2011, 05:00:11 PM
Are you still looking for Brotherhood? Great set-up you have here, nice juicy backstory, that always reels me in. I'm rather interested and would love to be involved, but which group needs numbers the most?

Sexy Avatar. <3

Anywho, The Brotherhood is lacking at the moment. So I'd love for you to join up on that side. <3
Mistreated

Miyu

Starlequin

I am getting so tempted to try joining this myself, but all my character concepts are at war with each other  ::)
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Starlequin on August 26, 2011, 05:14:45 PM
I am getting so tempted to try joining this myself, but all my character concepts are at war with each other  ::)

Hmmm, how so?
Mistreated

Starlequin

I'm thinking about either:

A. A brilliant, treacherous mutant with designs on usurping leadership of the Brotherhood for his own ends

B. A human teacher at the school working secretly with the student underground against both the FoH and the Brotherhood

C. A new student / potential X-Man with a personal agenda against Creed

Thoughts?
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Mnemosyne

I love all of themmmm. <3
So I see why you're finding it hard...

They're grand ideas every one.
Mistreated

Ramael

Brief concept for you gals to work over, in that case. Didn't want to throw up a whole character sheet in case lots of things needed changing, so here's a very small version of it.

Brit mutant, being as he's Brotherhood he's got a superiority complex, slightly on the Nietzschean side. A one-time actor growing up in the England, he discovered his power for conviction onstage, hence his Shakespearean moniker.

Hamlet

Powers - Oratory enhancement. With his words, Hamlet can influence the power of his own body or manipulate things to happen in a certain manner that would benefit him.

[Originally the oral powers extended to other people as well, a cheesey example being "Mind you don't slip..." would cause somebody to slip or stagger slightly. However I've noted you guys have a ban on strong empaths, and I didn't know if this skill would fall under that bracket. I'll leave it upto you to decide.]

Initial thoughts?

Mnemosyne

Hmmm could you give me an example of how he would be in action?
Mistreated

kckolbe

Starlequin, I would go with A.  I think either of the other concepts would compromise the roles of the X-Men on the run.  We need some more womenfolk now.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miyu

kckolbe

Miyu, I think it would be great if your leadership faced challenges. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Miyu

I wasn't telling that I did not enjoyed it hense the :P

Mnemosyne

Come ye womenfolk. ~

Still love some more manfolk...
Love me lots of manfolk...
Makes for lots of fights...
lovely fights...

*pout* Still want me an angel in here too. </3
Mistreated

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Ramael on August 26, 2011, 05:50:37 PM
Brief concept for you gals to work over, in that case. Didn't want to throw up a whole character sheet in case lots of things needed changing, so here's a very small version of it.

Brit mutant, being as he's Brotherhood he's got a superiority complex, slightly on the Nietzschean side. A one-time actor growing up in the England, he discovered his power for conviction onstage, hence his Shakespearean moniker.

Hamlet

Powers - Oratory enhancement. With his words, Hamlet can influence the power of his own body or manipulate things to happen in a certain manner that would benefit him.

[Originally the oral powers extended to other people as well, a cheesey example being "Mind you don't slip..." would cause somebody to slip or stagger slightly. However I've noted you guys have a ban on strong empaths, and I didn't know if this skill would fall under that bracket. I'll leave it upto you to decide.]

Initial thoughts?

I can't speak for Sin or the others, but I think the 'limits' on empaths/telepaths is to make sure no one has a power that cannot be resisted or defended against. No matter how slight the effects having a power that has no real defense against that power is a slippery slope.

Mnemosyne

Quote from: kckolbe on August 26, 2011, 06:00:41 PM
Starlequin, I would go with A.  I think either of the other concepts would compromise the roles of the X-Men on the run.  We need some more womenfolk now.

Wait wait waitttttt...
There's five women so far
only two men. (( Not including you mister, since you haven't gotten me a nice
character sheet filled yet.  :P ))

So I say BRING ON THE MEN.
Mistreated

Mnemosyne

Quote from: EbonyQueen on August 26, 2011, 06:08:59 PM
I can't speak for Sin or the others, but I think the 'limits' on empaths/telepaths is to make sure no one has a power that cannot be resisted or defended against. No matter how slight the effects having a power that has no real defense against that power is a slippery slope.

Could always shut him up. lul.
Big weakness. Can't talk, can't fight. Hmm?
At least that is my understanding of this power.
Mistreated

Miyu

I can make a angel if you want for the xmen hehe

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Miyu on August 26, 2011, 06:15:37 PM
I can make a angel if you want for the xmen hehe

Well you see, the last I played an x-men thing there was a nice guy who made a lovely dark version of angel that I did so adore... so I miss it. lul. Not sure if anyone could pull off the same.
Mistreated

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 26, 2011, 06:10:33 PM
Could always shut him up. lul.
Big weakness. Can't talk, can't fight. Hmm?
At least that is my understanding of this power.

Totally your call. My character is set up in a mostly an 'advisory' or 'mentor' position, so she won't see much actual 'fighting'. So I really don't have a lot of basis to complain about powers on!

Miyu

My power think goes in par with magneto, Emotions manipulation its a wonderful thing. I can make people do mass suicide if I want or be so angry that they kill each other X-X

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Miyu on August 26, 2011, 06:23:03 PM
My power think goes in par with magneto, Emotions manipulation its a wonderful thing. I can make people do mass suicide if I want or be so angry that they kill each other X-X

It's funny but sad that people would be so weak as to give into that power.~

Thinking of Ramael's chara though, I can think of plenty of ways to shut him up
and keep him from using that power. *giggles* Would be great fun.
Mistreated

kobrakid92

Quote from: Miyu on August 26, 2011, 06:23:03 PM

I imagine your character is going to have fun with mine then since his powers are emotionally based.

CurvyKitten

Yeah but I think to a point no one should be able to take complete control all the time. People should be able to fight it at some points or your just to powerful. We have to find a good balance to it all, hence I even listed weakness with runa. That is what you have to look out for in threads like this is to much power and not enough control. One of the flaws of free form and high power game, but with some understanding it can all work out.