Really, Tagg Romney? A swing at the president?

Started by Teo Torriatte, October 18, 2012, 10:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

It's all that testosterone overload, inherited from his alpha-male sire. ::)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Silverfyre

I wonder if he yells out, "Tagg! You're it!" when he punches people in the face.

Callie Del Noire

I dunno.. at least he said at the end of it that he couldn't do it because the debate was part of the process.

Lilias

That pesky process. Why can't one just buy the presidency, like any other proper leading position? ::)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Silverfyre

See, Romney would but then he'd have to tithe 10 percent of his power to the Mormon Church.  That might not go over very well.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Silverfyre on October 18, 2012, 11:22:36 AM
See, Romney would but then he'd have to tithe 10 percent of his power to the Mormon Church.  That might not go over very well.

You know.. I'm surprised a horde of the tinfoil brigade screaming about the 'Mormons taking over'.

Valerian

I'm still astonished that he didn't have the same urge to punch Mitt when Mitt called him and all his brothers liars at the first debate.   ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Tamhansen

with whom? If he bought it, he'd be free to give part or all of it to whomever he so chooses.

Starts musing on caligula romney, but doubts Romney would appoint his dog to senate, more likely tie him to the capitol building roof*
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Silverfyre

Quote from: Valerian on October 18, 2012, 11:27:41 AM
I'm still astonished that he didn't have the same urge to punch Mitt when Mitt called him and all his brothers liars at the first debate.   ::)

"Respect thy father, even if he is making you out to be a lying ass." 

Oniya

I heard that one of the sons not only accepted the tag of 'liar', but credits his and his brothers' lying ability to his father's 'success' in the debate.

Found it.

http://thegrio.com/2012/10/10/romney-son-compares-obama-in-debate-to-obstinate-child/

Quote“I don’t know if you guys saw the debate last week,” Josh Romney said, as the crowd cheered and applauded. “I take a lot of pride in that, because — I don’t know if you noticed, but I was — me and my brothers were responsible for my dad doing so well. We were the ones, as kids, that kept saying the same thing over and over. And we’d say the same lie over and over. And my dad learned then, not to believe it. While we didn’t go to any of the formal debate preparation, we did the real hard stuff.

“So as a father, he learned how to debate an obstinate child. We had a lot of fun, we had a lot of fun watching the debate.”
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Stattick

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 18, 2012, 11:27:14 AM
You know.. I'm surprised a horde of the tinfoil brigade screaming about the 'Mormons taking over'.

Well, most of the tinfoil brigade believe that Obama's a Kenyan secret Muslim who cheated to get into college, cheated to graduate college, and cheated to become president. So, the nutters are still out there, but they're voting for Rmoney.
O/O   A/A

Stattick

Quote“I don’t know if you guys saw the debate last week,” Josh Romney said, as the crowd cheered and applauded. “I take a lot of pride in that, because — I don’t know if you noticed, but I was — me and my brothers were responsible for my dad doing so well. We were the ones, as kids, that kept saying the same thing over and over. And we’d say the same lie over and over. And my dad learned then, not to believe it. While we didn’t go to any of the formal debate preparation, we did the real hard stuff.

“So as a father, he learned how to debate an obstinate child. We had a lot of fun, we had a lot of fun watching the debate.”

Ironically, the child is unable to see that the bolded sentence describes his father's debating style - just keep repeating the same lies, over and over again.
O/O   A/A

Oniya

There's just something sad and mangled about standing up with a smile on your face and saying 'Hi!  I'm a liar!  Not only that, I'm a crappy liar!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Oniya

Caitlin

Quote from: Silverfyre on October 18, 2012, 11:07:58 AM
I wonder if he yells out, "Tagg! You're it!" when he punches people in the face.
Wouldn't that only work the other way around? People hitting him and then yelling, "Tagg, you're it!!" ;)

Either way, it was a very clumsy remark at best. I read he meant it as a joke in the interview, but he should have realised that such jokes don't translate well to paper, where people can't hear the intonations of your voice. I don't mind camp Romney making such mistakes though, in The Netherlands most people are pro-Obama.

Stattick

Quote from: Caitlin on October 19, 2012, 12:54:49 AM
Wouldn't that only work the other way around? People hitting him and then yelling, "Tagg, you're it!!" ;)

Either way, it was a very clumsy remark at best. I read he meant it as a joke in the interview, but he should have realised that such jokes don't translate well to paper, where people can't hear the intonations of your voice. I don't mind camp Romney making such mistakes though, in The Netherlands most people are pro-Obama.

Most of the civilized and/or sane world is pro-Obama. The world is terrified of a Romney presidency. His anti-Russian rhetoric is particularly poisonous and frightening. Most people high office are old enough to remember the Cold War, and Romney's party (it starts with a Tea) is out there shouting about the evil Russian Empire, and Romney himself has been making anti-Russian comments. Romney, if elected, is probably sane enough to quickly tack center and abandon the lunatic fringe of the Tea Party and extreme right that has come to dominate the Republican Party, but there's no guarantee of it. And perhaps that's the most frightening thing about Romney, is that no one knows what he might do. He's a loose cannon. He says whatever he things people want to hear, sometimes reversing himself multiple times in the same day on the same topic. We don't need another war in the Middle East if we can avoid it. There's no reason to go to war with Iran at this time, which he's said he wants to do. And he'd be insane to want to start the Cold War back up, or to put Russia's back against the wall. We can't win a nuclear war with Russia (every nation in the Northern Hemisphere would loose that exchange), and if it were a conventional war without the nukes, chemical, and biological weapons, we'd be hard pressed because Russia outnumbers us, and they'd probably be able to bring China in as an ally with millions of additional boots on the ground. The Republican Party's gone insane, and they're playing an end game, rolling dice where the stake of the entire civilized world is in the pot. Me, I think they've taken with some form of Millennialism mental illness, where they think we're living in the End Times, and Jesus is going to return at any moment, and they think they need to be in charge when it happens, otherwise the nation might be taken over by the Anti-Christ. I'm tired and ranting, and I'm gonna shut up now; I'm starting to sound like Old School Gamer.
O/O   A/A

Callie Del Noire

Well for one thing, Stattick, we can't meet the obligations of another war. At least not one outside the persian gulf. We litterally CANNOT meet our 2 1/2 war battle obligation, haven't been able to do so since '01. Radical downsizing for 'tech superiority' a la Donald Rumsfeld means we don't have the boots on the ground. Period. End of Story.

Most of the current party leadership in the GOP is Double High Authoritarians. There was a study done with a group of Double Highs in one political/war game scenario and one without any DHs. The Double Highs burned the world to a cinder in the game. There was wars in the other game.. but no games of brinksmanship that there was with the DHs.

Ironwolf85

yet I hear the far right rataling sabers to go to war with pretty much half the world, and close the US off to the world... yeah... not going to happen...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.