[Ex] Space Mercenaries

Started by BlackFistKronos, February 23, 2010, 12:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goss

I know I asked if I could jump in later but I've had an idea for a sub-humanoid extraterrestrial character I've been bouncing around for a while. I may post a profile in the near future.

Cassiopeia

Everybody's profile's look great so far!  Should make for a really interesting game  ;D

BlackFistKronos

Quote from: Xanatos on February 26, 2010, 11:01:16 PM
Mercenary Company, Fersarlik

Fersarlik: Fersarlik is a small time mercenary company which hires its men and women out on the normal jobs one would expect from a company such as it. Unlike most smaller companies, Fersarlik has a reputation for doing good work. Its people are skilled, and good at what they do. They get paid well and in part because of this, make sure to do a good job. No one has complained about the work Fersarlik does and thus their reputation is quite clean and spotless.

Farsarlik is based on the planet Trepdofson, a large and influential world.

The organization is only known to have 20 on the payroll and has several craft on hand to use.

Trepdofson: The 'mega' world, as some call it is a planet which is now mostly covered in city. It at one time was Earth like, though less lush and has grown to become a major player in the Igir sector. The world had abundant mineral and crystalline resources and they were eagerly plundered bringing wealth and power to the planets government. Little remains of their former natural resources but the power remains.

The population is estimated to be around one hundred billion people of many races, mostly human or sub-human. Trepdofon's military is substantial and as powerful as the planets influence.

How does that look to you Kronos?

Actually, the organization seems a little TOO clean. With all these colorful, dynamic characters everyone is making, I suggest a little less flawless organization.

What I do like is that their preformance is top notch, and they get the job done. Maybe this should just be 'our' perticular crew of PC's, but I'm thinking they should have some other 'flawwed' reputations such as:

-high collateral damage (buildings decimated, company and civilian vehicles always getting wrecked)
-bad expense reports (spending money on fun things like alchohol, sex, high rise hospitality)
-maybe not having the best of relationships with the higher ups (to prevent PC to PC breakdown, I'll rp as the executive NPCs)
-maybe they're just too provocative...if these flaws are just our particular team in the company, maybe it's our team that only has the hot, half naked, women.

As for the game itself, the new threads are coming soon. As soon as we finalize the team dynamic, I'll get an IC thread going. Group vote, should we start the game as the team just meeting, or have they already met?

Cassiopeia

Kinda like that idea Kronos, like the company has a high rep but we're kinda the "bad boys" of the group?  Maybe they're even putting pressure on us like if we don't clean up our act and start working as a team they'll split us up or cut ties all together ... something like that?  Idk, I'm just like spit balling here, lol

And HEY!  Don't blame the hot half naked women!  We can't help that we're sexy ;) the team just needs to learn how to utilize us!

Vandren

Could also simply be that they're the crew that takes the jobs others won't, like those that simply can't be done without PR nightmare collateral damage, and therefore overuse the expense accounts as "their right" due to the jobs (not that the brass would see it that way).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Cassiopeia

Lol ... I like that Vandren, brass is arbitrary anyway >.>

BlackFistKronos

I went ahead and created a commander of the team...a walking talking middle finger to the higher ups:

Richard "Dick" Moorhouse

Race: Human
Sexuality: Love that pussy over and over again (straight)

Description: "Old School" can be the two words that describe Dick Moorhouse. A mercenary commando of nearly 30 years, Moorhouse has seen it all, and been through it all, and his body, though highly strong and conditioned (some say 'the body of a man half his age'), bears the weight of his verteran experience. His signature beard and hairline hide the cracks of his aged face and his dark eyes. His dark brown hair has a slight few coarse greys, surprisingly not as much as other humans in his age rank.

As straight laced and as simple as he is, his space suit is cold black, not reflecting any light, and going the 'old school' route, prefers to wear a gear filled tactical vest that has all the essentials for a successful mission.

Personality:

Dick is a hardened man's man. He hates the bureaucratic and corporate lifestyle, instead preferring the straight forward approach to getting the job done. He tosses civility and many times manners to the side, tending the curse a mile a minute.

He loves to train, stay in shape, and he loves the vice of a man. He doesn't mind lighting up a cigar on occasion, having a bottle of hard liquor, and for a man his age, he stays heavily sexually active. Boasting a libido and 'size' greater than many men his age, he doesn't hesitate to back up his words with a woman.

Some call him an old playboy....some such call him a dirty old man...not his fault he prefers females 10-20 years younger than he.
Background:

Dick grew up in a blue collar family, in a blue collar agricultural  planet of Tetaris 6. Aspiring to see the galaxy, he was recruited at a young age by the PMC Red Dragon Inc.

As large of a corporation it was, Red Dragon higher ups had no intention of making a fighter out of Dick. Instead, he became a logistics navigator in one of their assault ships. For his first few months, he saw very few moments of combat, and was in no real danger.

His career path changed when he got into a fistfight with an 'officer' of the merc company. The officer never saw combat either, much less the natural ferocity that Dick showed in the brawl. As punishment, the executives at Red Dragon assigned him to Specforce Training, wanting him to suffer and potentially die during the grueling regimin.

It was the first within Red Dragon that the training program was used as a punishment. Everyone else in the program aspired to be the best of the best. Being around with people with such courage, such strength, such BALLS, Dick easily adopted their mindset and mentalities, eventually graduating with the rest of his class.

Years pass, and as Dick completes operation after operation, he gains reputation with Red Dragon, not only as a man who gets the job done, but at one that throws caution to the wind. Being a natural rogue, Dick was always on the bad side of the higher ups of the merc organization. Despite his ability to get the job done, he was more of a liability than anything else, so they eventually fire Moorhouse from Red Dragon.

He jumps from one organization to the next, seeing more of the galaxy than he ever though he would, and completing the job, yet in a way that leaves the leaders of the organization reeling from the bad PR, the collateral damage, and Dick's foul mouth.

His latest organization, Fersarlik, hired him with a sight of caution. By now being a heavy war veteran, Fersarlik gives Moorhouse command position, giving him the jobs that no other team would want to accept.

Weapons:

His pistol of choice, he always keeps this gun strapped to his thigh no matter if he's in the captain's chair or in the thick of battle. Being VERY old-school, he prefers the updated versions of classic slug-throwers than the crazy energy weapons that his team would use.

His knife of choice, also strapped to his chest and ready to be drawn, is actually an updated version of a class knife he used for years. Upgrades include an upgraded luna-titanium vibroblade.

Cassiopeia

Lol, definitely a walking talking middle finger, very nice!  ;D

Goss

Name: Apophis Reynolds
Race: Oxoniyeitix (called Golemites by humans)
Sexuality: Unknown

Description: The stone man stands at a steady 6'3" tall, which is small compared to others of his race, and weights well over 300 lbs. His skin is a muted gray with no luster. It is believed that he is semi-organic, and has organs similar to a humans. One example of this is a strange red mucous mesh like material that stretches between the breaks of skin where his joints are. His age reflects the very long life span that his people endure. Their evolution has been very slow; home world technology is millions of years in the making despite the fact that it may not be as advanced as other civilizations.

Personality: For a being who appears to be very rigid, Apohphis is an easy going sort who will follow commands with very little question. Like others of his kind he favors acceptance and is open to change when it is necessary. He sometimes overuses his strength without being aware of it and is not very attentive to details. Clumsy and a slow paced learner.

Background: The origins of the Golemites trace back to a small cluster of planetoids that are located in the depths of space. The planetoids where almost empty, even with the presents of it's inhabitants. Their only resource that was useful to them was an exotic material that could be produced by a strange organism that co-existed with them. It was rocky, like them, and the closet creature that could be used to describe it is a tortoise. This material became of greater use when the Oxoniyeitix used it to power their newly developed mining equipment to explore their worlds further. Eventually the planetoids were invaded by outsiders that wanted to take their main resource. The rock people's technology could not match their adversary's so they converted most of their mining units into space cruisers and fled, never to return.

Time passed, and the rock people made contact with an Earth colony. As strange as it may seem the Oxoniyeitix fit into the Earth colony with few confrontations with humans. Their technology, of course, was inferior to the humans but felt that they could slowly learn and benefit from having their first ally. The Oxoniyeitix adopted human culture, naming systems, and dropped their old tongue in favor of English (it had taken them many years to learn). Apophis was born on the space colony, and grew up into a space excavator. It felt great to follow this trend for the first 70 years of his life, but after most of his human friends grew old and died he wanted to move on to another line of work.

It took him some time and having to part with a few of his inherited mining vessels to convince the organization Fersarlik to hire him as a contractor. He wanted to command his own crew, but since the group valued it's high social view he was hired to work as a crew ships supply grunt. He couldn't complain too much, they paid him and the work was not hard for him, dull as it may be. Apophis always dreams for a brighter position with the crew in the future.

Abilities:

Strength: He has yet to see a human that can match his impeccable strength. He also has the ability to survive unprotected in most hostile environments for short periods of time. This may be the only innate trait that has shown any value to the crew.

Mining: Being in the business of drilling and breaking through all kinds of minerals for decades has allowed him to gain knowledge on many types of different tools and techniques used in that area. Apophis can only pilot the rock crushing vessels or similar that came from his world. They were made for his people's understanding.

Gear:

Apophis wears this protective vest along with a pair of olive trousers and combat boots. Mostly for show and a way for him to blend in with the other mercenaries.

This rifle is an energy weapon that is capable of firing a single shot or a burst of coherent light. Uses standard energy cells for ammo. Was acquired from the Earth colony before he left.

A tool from his own collection, Apophis has found over the years that this cell powered mining hammer was good for close range combat. Able to knock an opponent off his feet with ease.

Note: Had a hard time finding a profile picture for the character. Let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Saerrael

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 27, 2010, 02:58:05 PM

1. high collateral damage (buildings decimated, company and civilian vehicles always getting wrecked)
2. maybe they're just too provocative...if these flaws are just our particular team in the company, maybe it's our team that only has the hot, half naked, women.

1. 'If it dun 'xplode by itself, can't be 'xploded with a bit of 'elp, it ain't fun ta look at.'
2. '..I dunno wha' ya mean. It's hot 'ere, wha' ya mean I can't be naked? Gotta problem, ya look the other way, dude.'

Cassiopeia

Lol, Saerra!

Nice profile Goss  ;D creative!

BlackFistKronos

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61950.0

this is the IC link. I made the first post as a way to set up the others to enter.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61951.0

this is the character roster link. so far, all chars are approved. send them in.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=61957.0

this is the ooc link

Vandren

Quote from: BlackFistKronos on February 27, 2010, 09:42:48 PMi'll keep this thread the ooc thread for now

Technically speaking, that shouldn't be done, under E. guidelines.  Every Small Group gets 2 threads per player plus an OOC thread, so this board's not cluttered up by OOC threads for games already running.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

BlackFistKronos

noted and updated. thanks, Van

Travaius

This actually seems very fun if you are still looking for people to play.
Don't tempt the hammer of the Waagh. The Black Riva is in our blood, spill a drop and the rest of us will drown you in it, got it?

Xanatos

Blackfistkronos should be on later today to answer your question.

Chreestafer

hey everyone is it still cool if i jump in on this? ive been out of town for a bit for navy reasons and i am back on now so is all cool?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

BlackFistKronos

For the two new guys, I'm gonna have to think about if I can fit you guys. We have a pretty full team as it is, and this being my first GM job, I wanted to keep the group slightly small so its more managable.

If need be, I can create a second merc team within the company. Maybe a rival team, or even a rival company. If my 'adviser' (you now who you are), has any input, PM me.

Tydorei

I would like to post interest in playing this game as well. I would of applied sooner but I only recently been allowed to make posts.

Blackbird

Same here. I was actually thinking of making an RP of my own, but this one is pretty much the same thing I would have done.  ;D  Any objections (from anyone) to having me play a female character?

If your original merc group is filling up, perhaps that idea of a rival group is looking more possible? If so, I would certainly be interested. In fact, I have an idea I'd like to propose. What would you say to having the "second" group be a band of space pirates, and the "main" group has to hunt them down?

BlackFistKronos

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided that this game is filled and I can't accept new players without starting a new one.

Thanks for the others for their interest and Im sorry I couldn't get you guys in on this one.

Blackbird

Fair enough. Good luck and have an awesome game!