For the honor of My Leige

Started by Paladin, February 19, 2009, 09:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Aeval and I were talking and we came up with what we think is a great RP idea.

In 2020 the world has evolved as far as it could and humanity had concoured everything. Genetic alterations were commonplace and people could look like anything. Then the world erupted into war and humanity nearly wiped itself out. Gradually what was left of humanity reverted back to the old ways and beliefs while still maintaining a good level of technology althogugh firearms are almost nonexistant  and the ways have reverted back to the sword and bow. Over a hundred years have passed and what was once known as the united states is now broken up into fuedal societies rules by Daimyo's and Lords of old. Knights and samurai once again exist in a world where the wilderness has once again taken over and monsters and other beings roam the wilderness and the wastelands. A few warriors have even taken to a blending of the two ideals and strive to become the best they can.

This is an open freeform game of discovery and fun for everyone. You can play any creaturetyp that a human could concievably be turned into during the golden age. As for warriors think of almost anything fataseywise.

There is no limit on characters.

gnoah

How many people? I would love to make a bio-mechanoid of sorts.  PM me if you want to talk concept.

Paladin

Ok well I guess I should put a limit. Umm say 6 people starting off.

Elven Sex Goddess

This has appeal, as it sounds a lot like Robert Heinlein's book Friday.  Where the United States was balkanized.    You had the soul less ones like Friday, genetic enhanced or altered and raised in laboratories for specific jobs.  Yet still functional in society and some could pass themselves off as what humans were suppose to look like and be.   You had the cyber-genetics and finally the really outlandish genetic created alterations.  That served a purpose, as a train engineer the driver.  Is part of the train.  Those called living artifacts.

Midnight

I like the idea of it being a reversion back to older ways than a simple 'historical setting.' I think it leaves a lot of scope for players (as highlighted by the ideas so far) to create a new type of character to play in a more simplistic setting. 

I would be interested in playing though I would like to keep my lass human bar perhaps an eye that has been replaced with a site/crosshair for her to use when hunting...  as a female huntress/scout with a pet falcon, proficient with a bow. 

If this would work for you...
IF I have an RP with you and you haven't heard form me in a while then please PM me.  I had a bad spell and lost track and now can't find my way again - I am keen to continue on with them though.Want to help make my Orgy-licious dreams come true?
Want to play too? check out my wish list!
No No's and Yes Yes!

Vandren

Could be interested.  I've been playing around with similar ideas in my head a bit in the last few months.  :)

I'm tossing around a ronin-type genetic upgrade/nano-mod (ok, I've been on a martial arts kick lately).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Paladin

Folks since it is freeform you all are more than welcome to make what you want... but no Ultra powerful mutant Ninja Cyborgs with 6 arms and lasers. I swear I will have a orbital weapon come back to like and kill that kinda character... that is all.

Paladin

Ok I will be starting this whole thing next week. Thoes still interested should post a character idea here with a small description and writeup.

Midnight

(Work in Progress)

Name:  Andromeda Eartis
Personality:  Stubborn, friendly, practical joker, one of the boys, agressive when provoked, fond of rough housing.
Appearance: As above.  Carries Longbow and quiver on her back, has a falcon named Vadar.  Andromeda's left eye has an implant in it that allows her to zoom in and set built-in cross hairs (so she rarely misses a target).  She is 5'6, with an archer's build.  She also has tattoo's wound around both arms from wrist to shoulder (tribal in appearance and black).

History: Left home to see the world, was a dissatisified middle child, hasn't gone back since.

IF I have an RP with you and you haven't heard form me in a while then please PM me.  I had a bad spell and lost track and now can't find my way again - I am keen to continue on with them though.Want to help make my Orgy-licious dreams come true?
Want to play too? check out my wish list!
No No's and Yes Yes!

Vandren

Working up a character, but caught with a touch of something that might be flu related.  Will get character up soon, hopefully.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elven Sex Goddess

Have one in few days,  has and still is sick with a flu.  So been in and out of it.

Vandren

Feeling much better so . . .

Personality: In general, Thomas is impulsive and even borderline capricious.  His natural overconfidence sometimes verges into outright arrogance.  However, once he enters crisis mode, he becomes cool, calm, and collected, virtually emotionless, aside from his overconfidence.

Apearance: A little under six feet in height, Thomas wouldn’t stand out in a crowd.  He has a moderately muscular build easily concealed by his clothes—boots, black pants, a t-shirt, and brown leather bomber jacket.  The only traits that might stand out are his grey eyes, loose wavy shoulder length blonde hair, and cropped full beard.  In addition to travel gear, he carries a kukri, hunting knife, and an oak jo.

History: Thomas is a Lazarus Mark 1.0.1 upgrade designed by a lab that survived the collapse.  His genetic upgrades include enhanced reflexes (+20%) and durability (can take a moderate punch without injury).  In addition, the scientists introduced nanomodification, limited to healing purposes that allow him to recover from injuries about three times as fast as normal.  However, he didn’t age as fast as they would have liked.  By the time he escaped the lab, they were already developing Mark 2.0.3.  That was three years ago.  Since then, he has been constantly moving and working as a professional duelist—either challenging masters or taking money to stand in as champion for shopkeepers, leaders, or others in duels.

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Keely

Personality:  Flamboyant outgoing and playful.  Sure of herself, yet not to the point of overconfident.

Description:   Keely is 5'4" in height and weighs around 126 lbs.   Straight brunette hair that hangs just past her shoulders in length.  Pale complexion and skin tone.  Giving a porcelain doll like appearance.   Gray eyes that have a slight radiance to them. Wears a black leather harness.   Steel wire arm guards, on both arms.  On  her left arm a repeating hand cross bow.  While on the inseam of her forearm of her right arm guard a spring loaded knife.  Black soft leather thigh high boots.   A quiver of bolts that hangs just behind her right shoulder. 

History:  Keely is of the streets.   A rogue who makes her way speed and quickness.   Surviving from day to day in the world.   A descendant of one of the nocturnal brigade.   Soldiers designed to fight in total darkness.   Genetically enhanced to see in total darkness.  The ability was pass down to the off springs and so forth. 

(more coming)

Paladin

Ok Folks I will be starting today or on Sunday. Get ready for a bit of fun

Paladin

My Apolagies my friends. I will start this game today. The Weekend was a bit rough for me. Give me a few hours as I gotta take my car into the shop but I will Get the game started.

Paladin

undisclosedtoyou

Is there still room for another character in this game?

Because if so I would be greatly interested in playing a character who was is blind but can see through 'second sight,'  mapping out the world with her mind.  She would be a map maker as a sort of hobby, and a blacksmith who forges weapons of extraordinary strength and lightness, as her trade. 

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

undisclosedtoyou

Great, I'll just write up a character profile than.

Thanks for letting me in, especially since the game already has started.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

undisclosedtoyou

Name: Elizabeth Faraday

Personality: Practical, passionate, and hard working, she knows that she is the best at what she does an she doesn't tolerate any one belittling her work.   Her trade is that of a black smith, and she also sketches out maps in the privacy of nights darkness.

Appearance: (minus the gun of course, and she also sports a tattoo running down her back of a long sword, with intricate symbols running along and around it.)

Background:  Coming from a long line of blacksmiths, she was trained her whole life to perfect the art.  It even being whispered that they have a special family technique that no one but them know.  The weapons forged by her family are legendary, and to make up for the fact that only a daughter was only born, she was pushed hard from the moment she could walk to when her father died.  But even after that she doesn't stop trying to perfect her craft.  She can be called fanatical about it at times.  Just as her family are black smiths they were also born with blind eyes.  But not needing their eyes to see, they have prospered using second sight, where they are able to map out everything around them with their mind.  When her father died she left her home town, traveling until she heard of a great lord, bringing people together to serve under him.  Curious she settled down in that town, competing with the other all male black smiths who belittle her skill because she is a women; non the less her skill and talent far exceeds theirs so she pays little attention to them.

(Can and will change things if needed)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

undisclosedtoyou

I'm reading all the posts to catch up, so when I'm done I plan on posting, that is alright with you?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

do what you need to to catch up.