Police RP interest thread

Started by Vostroya, October 31, 2009, 08:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

RP thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58221.0
OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=58474.0

Hello everyone, im brand new here, but I have done this RP on another roleplaying site so I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in it here:

"The city of LC is a hot bead of crime, over the years its ideal location and ports provided criminals the perfect area to stage their activities, the local police unable to contain it with their limited resources, so the Federal Government created NOOSE (National Office Of Security Enforcement) and put a major branch of the department in LC. This new bureau was granted all the powers of local, state, and federal jurisdictions to fight crime, they are senior to ever law enforcement branch in the country, nothing is beyond their reach and nothing will stop them from controlling crime in the city. But will new law enforcement, comes new waves of criminals....."

Noose Seal

Any questions at all feel free to ask in this thread or drop me a PM!

Vostroya

Trying again to see if anyone is interested in this

Odin

Hmm... I Imagine this is taken from GTA 4. Atleast, the name is.

Could you post more information about this? What exactly do you do in this roleplay? What positions are you looking for, and what plot ideas do you have in mind?

Right now, with this amount of information, its impossible to show interest. I'm trying to help with that, and I am also looking for new Group RPs all the time.

So please, interest us. Grab our attention. Make us eager to want to join and start.

Vostroya

Ah I see, and yes elements are taken from the game you mentioned. The game will involve the players role playing as relatively new officers within the department, with a few who will be training them. Such as myself I will play the leader of their task-force (NOOSE). The town itself has a very Gotham City (Batman) feel to it. Crime has been on the rise for several years. And now finally the government has decided that enough is enough. They created NOOSE has a counter attack against the rise in crime, giving them almost unlimited powers to take out crime. The story is going to consist of both average police work (Traffic Stops, Domestic Calls, etc) and also major crimes (Drugs, Mafia wars, Gangs). Putting all kinds of new stress on the new officers, and forcing them to act in ways they wouldn't normally act. Like having to shot a suspect for the first time and having to deal with the overwhelming strain that puts on an officer. They will also have to deal with the older and more experience officers sometimes crossing the line of the law to catch criminals and decide for themselves if they will continue the cycle or stop it.

For positions for right now im mainly looking for those interested in being the police. If it catches on we can start to add the criminal characters to test and challenge the police in their duties.

Major Major

I might be interested. You know, like a rookie Cop, just out of the Academy, or maybe a brother officer on an exchange from somewhere more peaceful?

Vostroya

yeah sounds good, kind of a wake up call for those who haven't been in the S*** before lol

Major Major

Splendid. I already have a character in mind.

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Vostroya

Even though its a commercial this will give you an idea of what the RP will be like...

Southland Premieres

I'll be posting my character as an example for others soon

Vostroya

(For Cops)
Name:
Special Attibutes: (SWAT, weapons, martial arts, field experience, etc)
Bio:

Apperance:
(Must have a pic of a police uniform, another pic of a character you wish to be in the uniform if you cannot find one for both)(You can also add pics of what you look like in tactical gear or civilian clothes)
(What your police car looks like ((Must be something that the taxpayers could afford to give you!)))

Weapons: (Again something the taxpayers could afford to equip you with, no super customized weapons please)
Three categories:
1. Weapons on your person (ie. on your duty belt)
2. weapons in the main cabin of the police car (as in next to the drivers seat lock rail)
3. Weapons stored in the trunk (Your biggest or most heavy caliber stuff ((ie assualt rifles, etc)))
4. Non lethal weapons (tasers, bean bag rounds, tear gas, etc)

My Character:
Name: Arex Koutai
Position: Cop (Patrol Officer)
Special Attributes: SWAT, Narcotics, Gangs, Special Operations
Appearance: (Standard Uniform) Uniform 1
Uniform 2
(Police BDU's) BDU 1
BDU 2
BDUs are in multiple colors depending on situation Colors
(Tactical Gear) ((Light Load out)) Gear 1
Gear 2
((Heavy Loadout)) Gear 3
Gear 4

Squad Car Appearance:
(The car) Car Body and Paint
(The police light bar on top of it) The Lightbar
Unmarked Cars assigned to him:
Car 1
Car 2
Car 3
Lights on the cars

Bio: A cop who has been on the force for a few years now, still relatively new to the force, but is very proficient at his job, has already been promoted to the SWAT team for his exceptional abilities, but still is a patrol officer at heart, still getting in the car and patrolling the city. Very professional while carrying out his dutys, but tends to be silent when not on duty. When he was contacted by the newly created NOOSE, he immediately jumped on board becoming the chief officer for the NOOSE branch in LC. He has earned 7 medals in the line of duty. Has the highest arrest record in the department and has been on patrol and special operations all of his career. On record he has recieved over a dozen special commendations from Federal, State, and Local law enforcement departments. While his office is large, with the amount of gear, computers, books, files, and what not, it seems small compared to others. Many in the department like to call him by a few nicknames like "Sheriff" or "SuperCop" due to his reputation. His personal injuries have also earned him recognition in the department. He has been shot, stabbed, beaten, spit on, and kicked on many occasions, and each time it did not stop him from coming back and finishing his work. Contrary to what many would think, he takes days off and also takes vacation time. He does not like to over due his job for he believes in the long run he would burn himself out. When he sees new officers he always treats them as rookies until they have "earned their badge" in his mind.

Weapons: (Standard Weapon: Glock 18) Glock 18
(Standard weapon ((kept in main cabin of car)) (Berreta M4 Tactical Shotgun) Shotgun
(tactical weapons: (Stored in patrol car trunk) ((HK UMP 45)) UMP
((HK G - 36)) G-36
((M4)) M4
(((Less than Lethal))):
((Taser gun (Kept on duty belt with pistol): Taser Pic
((Bean bag ammunition (Used with shotgun)
((Pepper spray weapon)) Pepper Ball Gun
((Tear gas launcher)) Tear Gas Launcher

His duty belt:
Duty Belt
Tazer Drop Leg Holster on the left leg:
Holster

Vostroya

Links to my pics have been fixed sorry about that

Major Major

Name: Henry Stone
Special Attibutes: Driving
Bio: Henry is an anomaly in LC; he's  actually a young Constable from the Cambridgeshire Constabulary in the UK. Very much of the 'Old School' of Policing, he usually gets assigned to desk work at the station house, as it probably would look rather bad for the LCPD if he were killed in the line of action. He's a clever fellow and good behind the wheel of a police cruiser, but painfully naive about the horrors that are out there on the mean streets. Generally good-natured, he none the less has a firm set of beliefs about right and wrong, and believes in doing what's right, even if it gets him into hot water with his superiors. Consequently, he finds the American style of Policing very alien to the British style of which he is accustomed to. Outside of his shifts, he likes to play darts and talk about football (soccer to Americans), particularly about Blackburn Rovers F. C., the team he supports.

Appearance:

<-- The badge on his cap.

<-- A typical sort of car that Henry has learned on.

Weapons: (Again something the taxpayers could afford to equip you with, no super customized weapons please)
Three categories:
1. Browning Hi-Power 9mm (rarely has more than one clip on his person)
2. Ithaca 37 in trunk of car
3. Police Truncheon on his belt

This ok?

Vostroya

Major Major

Thanks. Oh, and do you think there's anything else that I could put in to flesh him out?

Vostroya

Nah, we will have to give him alot of new equipment when he gets assigned to Noose though.

Major Major

I meant more like background stuff; make him fond of horse-riding for instance, or a big darts player...

Vostroya

Ah I see, Maybe elaborate on how much experience he has had in American policing, and also explain if he is a stantch believer in "old Style" policing or not, Ie if he will sacrifice his beliefs at the order of Arex.

Major Major

Vostroya

Major Major

Nearly forgot to add; Constable Stone's got a rather distinctive two-inch long scar on the inside of his left forearm. You'll find out how he got it at some point.

Kizurin

Is it still open? I am interested in this.
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

Vostroya

Oh yes we are still taking anyone we can for this RP!

Kizurin

Name: Samantha O'Klein
Special Attibutes: SWAT sniper, martial arts (Wing Tsun 10th level, Karate 4th Kyuu), small field experience

Apperance:

Height: 5'5''

Uniform: Standard NOOSE uniform

Police car: Does not own her own car, only a working car. Usually is the passenger, but can drive.

Bio: Samantha always knew she wanted to be a police officer. Just like her dad. And so, already as a child she got her parents to sign her up for martial arts lessons. She dedicated her whole life to get into police school, determined only more when at age of 16 she lost her father in the line of duty. Of course her mother was less then thrilled and stopped funding her martial arts lessons, but she only started a part-time job and continued. She finished the Polilce Academy with relatively good scores, perfect scores in shooting. As fragile looking woman she had her share of teasing and jabs, people often told her to quit it, but she preserved it. Her perfect shooting skills resulted in her being pulled on the SWAT snipers list. Even now, few years later, she still has to deal with people not taking her seriously because of her height and rather delicate type of beauty. Which frankly speaking pisses her off.

Weapons:
1. Standard weapon: Beretta M9-A1
2. Standard weapon kept in main cabin of car: CZ 75 SP-01/Springfield's X D .40
3. Weapons stored in the trunk:  T-76 Longbow/CZ 750 Sniper
4. Non lethal weapons: Streetwise Stun Baton 18"/others, depending on the situation, taken from the NOOSE armoury.
My switches ON and OFF
When Kizurin is away...

I am rooting for you Vekseid, stay healthy.

The human species is made up of seven billion subspecies each consisting of one specimen. 
~Robert Brault

Vostroya

Major Major

Any idea when we might make a start on this?