[Ascendant] Protect The Universe (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, March 01, 2016, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

"Destiny is not a matter of chance;
it is a matter of choice.
It is not a thing to be waited for,
it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan

Greetings writers, welcome to Ascendant.

Ascendant is a guided-sandbox modern fantasy that takes place in the not so distant year of 2018, on a world that is very much a reflection of our own. The story of Ascendant goes much further back then this day, this year, this place however, it starts long before the history of mankind as we know it. In another time entirely the galaxy was ruled over by a great empire that united, protected and nurtured the denizens of countless worlds. To create a golden age of peace and prosperity where the people of the stars could flourish on every world the empire created an elite cast of warriors to compliment their already vast army of soldiers. These elite were called Ascendants, individuals who were imbued and infused with the very essence of the worlds that they were charged to protect and represent. Ascendants came always in pairs - to ensure balance between one another - and always there was one man and one woman. From these worlds the Ascendants were granted immense power and equally great responsibility. With the help of the Ascendants the empire was able to usher in an age of light, of progress, of growth, and of security - and age which they enjoyed for a thousand thousand year cycles.

Like all good things however this age had to come to an end. The world called Sulpraxis, on the far edge of the Milky Way, was the first to fall to the invaders; They came from a galaxy over, and they came in force with war on the mind - and it was war that they got. The galaxy was plunged into turmoil, and a new age of death, destruction and failure was brought to the Milky Way. Year after year the forces of the empire slowly lost ground, their worlds taken over by these invaders who offered no option of peace or understanding. Slowly but surely the armies of the empire folded to the overwhelming, constant might of these dark forces. Even the great Ascendants proved to be not enough to stop the flood from happening, and over a hundred thousand years sector by sector was lost until only a handful of spread out systems remained; the empire had fallen, its command structure lay in ruin, its great armies long defeated and only the Ascendants of the worlds yet untouched by the enemy remained. The remaining Solar Kings took it upon themselves to guide their systems in whatever way they felt was best. For King Keliapis of the Sol System the choice seemed simple, he gathered the Ascendants of his nine worlds - Mercury, Venus, Terra, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune & Pluto - and his bride the Queen of the Moon, and ordered that the Galaxy Gate be sealed and that each world be purged. Like a phoenix, he proposed that the seeds of life be replanted on the world Terra; A hope that with the great gate sealed and the worlds uninhabited the darkness would simply wash over them and in time they would be able to return to their celestial homes.

Game play will begin with a group of average people who are about to discover that there is more to them - and to the world around them - then they every realized possible. These characters are not taking on past lives, but instead being graced with the same infusions that the ancient Ascendants were given - thus making them the first Ascendants in countless millennia. As the story unfolds they will discover the truth about themselves, the ancient legacy that they are now a part of, and be forced to deal with the darkness that has resurfaced and come looking for them. Together they will strive to save the world that they all call home, and one day turn their eyes to the sky in hopes to reclaim the empire that was once theirs.

Wispyr

• Who is running the show?
    That would be Wispyr of course!
  • Besides you, is there anyone else in charge?
    At this time Ascendant does not have, nor is it my intent to have, a Co-GM. If at some point such a position is needed I will look to the cast of the game and with their interest and acceptance select one of them to fill it.
  • Who can play in Ascendant?
    Anyone! Provided that they have read and are able to abide by the game rules, any Lord, Lady or Liege is welcome to participate in this game. The game will be LGBTQA and Rainbow Writer friendly. Additionally cross gender writing is permissible, though we do ask that you not use Ascendant as your playground to test that style of writing, and are comfortable writing such a role prior to joining.
  • How many characters can I play?
    Becuase there are a fixed number of roles available in this game, I ask that each player limit themselves to a single character at the start of the game. However as time goes on if there are positions that we are unable to fill I will look at opening up secondary character slots which will be approved on a case by case basis.
  • I'd really like to play, but the game has already started!
    Not a problem at all. Assuming that there are still available roles to fill, there is no reason that we can not work in late introductions to the story. So fill out your character sheet and submit per normal.
  • Can I play a bad guy?
    If by bad guy you mean a character who is morally ambiguous? Sure. If you mean a character that would be described as a villain, no.
  • What writing style will we be using?
    With the exception of some GM narration, posts should always be made in the Third Person, Past Tense.
  • Will headers be used? What about tagging?
    Yes. Also yes. This is a crucial part to having so many players in one place and helps people sort through what's going on. These are not optional.
  • Will there be the sex?
    I certainly hope so. While sex is not the focus of this game, the bad guys will have... Lets describe it as a healthy level of perversion. As for sex between players? Well, I hope so! Again, not the focus of the game but absolutely room for it.
  • Will player activity be monitored?
    Only as far as it pertains to the health of the game. I'm not anyone's parent, but it is my job to look out for the best interests of this game. So I'll keep a passive eye on things, but so long as people aren't vanishing for weeks at a time without saying anything we shouldn't have any need for me to get involved.
  • In what board will Ascendant be played?
    Undetermined. At this time I'm leaning towards Extreme to accommodate anything that may come up, however this game may be toned down to simply the Non-Consensual boards. We'll see.
  • How active is the Game Master?
    I spend more hours a day on E than I am prepared to admit. I can be reached via PM at virtually any time, and the absolute worst case scenario is that you may have to wait until the following day to hear back from me. I will be very active watching, guiding, managing, shaping, and otherwise handling the game. Oh and I'll be playing in it. You can expect to see a lot of me.
  • Can players control NPC's and alter the world?
    The short answer is yes, the longer answer is mostly. All major NPC's are to be controlled by the GM(s), but the local server at a diner is fine for you to control. The world of Ascendant largely matches our own, so most of the environment is laid out for you; it is acceptable to say that there is a diner on the corner of Marx and Talbert St in New York, but it is not acceptable to travel to the city of Bonerville just outside of the city limits. Best practice is to use common sense, acceptable practice is to inquiry to the GM(s) if you're confused or unsure.
  • How will conflict be resolved?
    We encourage players to work out the resolution to conflict between themselves, but anything large and or impactful to the story should have the GM(s) included.

• No Drama: We're all adults here and there are better ways to handle things than throwing a tantrum and stomping your feet.
  • No Drama: This really should go without saying, but I'm absolutely 100% serious about this. If you can't act like an adult, don't bother applying. If you are found to be the source of it and can not correct your behavior and or are harming the game you will be expelled from it.
  • Out of Character Chatter: Should be kept to the approved OOC thread, the recruitment thread (when applicable, and private messages. OOC chat should never take place in any game thread.
  • Communicate: With me and your fellow players. If it is at all possible do not leave the game hanging; we're all going to understand that your pool burned down and that you need time to mourn, but if you vanish without notice you can't be surprised if the game has moved on without you. Please be as prompt as possible in notifying me if you need to be absent for a prolonged period of time and I will make notice of it somewhere so that everyone is educated as to your status. When you're notifying me of such things, please do so via private message and not the OOC thread.
  • Engage Others: When you get down to the root of why we're all here, it's to have a good time. I will not stand by and watch someone be excluded from the game. Include everyone who is approved, support those who are interested in joining, and be proactive in making efforts to engage other players and characters.
  • Respect: Respect and consideration towards the players of Ascendant is not optional.
  • IC =/= OOC: Do not confuse the behaviors, actions, thoughts of characters as those of the player.
  • Input: The GM(s) welcome any contributions you might have the game world, ideas, concerns or otherwise. Do not hesitate to bring them to us.
  • Word of Law: Belongs to the GM(s), and ultimately Wispyr. All rulings that we make are to be accepted and addressed appropriately. Persistent conflict with the GM(s) could result in expulsion from the game.
  • PMing GM(s): Do not leave the subject line of your message blank. Are you sending a sheet? Tag it: Ascendant Character Sheet. Question? Ascendant Question. Get the picture? Good. I get very grumpy about no subject private messages.
  • Character Ideas: If you've got a crazy concept that you're concerned that it may 'go against the grain', 'not fit' the concept of the game, please PM the GM(s) with the idea before making your sheet. It would be unfortunate if you put time into creating your character only to be told that it's not going to work. We don't bite, so don't be afraid to reach out and communicate your idea if you think it might be 'iffy'.
  • Word Count / Post Size: Ascendant will not use a hard word count limit. However all posts should be approximately three full length paragraphs of actual content for other players to respond to. All dialogue or one-liner posts are not acceptable. Ever. Any post that GM(s) feel is insufficient in content will earn a gentle PM to the player to edit and or remove the post. While this is not a hard limit, you can assume that any post falling shy of roughly 250 words will be subject to scrutiny by GM(s)
  • Post Frequency: We would like each player to post for each character at least once per week (7 days). If the game is waiting on your for ten days you will be nudged by a GM privately. After two weeks of inactivity or lack of response from a player your character will be removed from the game by whatever means the GM(s) deem appropriate.
  • Modding: Godmodding. Metagaming. Powertripping. Just don't.

Wispyr

A group of students attending the world famous Miami Coast Academy are drawn together by seemingly normal circumstances. During which a unheard of astrological event takes place, signaling something much bigger but yet unknown to the world. This event triggers the awakening of the World Essences that have been laying dormant in Terra since before the dawn of mankind. These essences have been jumping from one person to another, waiting for a signal to wake up. Now that they have gotten the signal these students are granted inexplicable powers and drawn together by an ethereal bond that they can't explain. As they will soon come to find out they have become Ascendants, tethered to the worlds of the Sol system. What's more they will discover that these gifts come with a responsibility, not just to themselves and one another, but to the world itself and entire solar system that it inhabits... And perhaps even beyond.

In Ascendant players will be playing ordinary individuals selected by extraordinary circumstances and be thrust into the center of a war that has been raging for ages beyond ages. As the last of the Ascendants and assumably the only survivors of the great empire, they must work to defend themselves and world from the Desolation that has ravaged the entire Milky Way and more. They must uncover the secrets of their lost home, and work to reclaim what was once theirs. It will test them as people, and drive them to do things that they never believed remotely possible. They will fight for Terra, they will fight for the worlds they now champion for and they will fight to right the wrongs delivered by this evil so long ago.

Below you find basic information about the setting and the various worlds. Inside each of the worlds you will see a small section bolded that tells you more about what you get as a character for selecting that world, those things are:

Elemental Affinity: Which represents the element that an Ascendant is both strong against and skilled with.
Special Passive: Is a bonus your character gets simply for being an Ascendant of that world.
Unity: Is an innate power that is usable by a pair of Ascendants working together, should they choose to access it.

When you create a character you will also be creating three powers that go with them and selecting a weapon of your choice. Your powers should reflect the planet of your character, and remember that aside from the passive power the characters must invoke (transform) in order to utilize their active powers. Be reasonable about your powers as these are the early powers the characters have, and they will unlock and gain access to more (and more powerful ones) as the game goes on. Additionally we won't be allowing duplicates of weapons, so please be mindful of what has already been taken.

Sol

The heart of the Sol system, the great sun Sol was the throne from which the Solar King ruled. Ever in orbit around the massive star was the Solarium, the palace from which the Solar King ruled and the systems direct connection to the rest of the great empire. The Ascendant of Sol served as the Solar King, ruler of the system and servant of the empire. The Solar King appointed, recruited or otherwise assigned the Ascendants to each world for which he had dominion over and it was his job to oversee, guide and command these Ascendants in battle - both for the empire and for the needs of his system.

Elemental Affinity: Life
Special Passive: Healing - The Solar Kings are gifted with the ability of regeneration, allowing them to recover more rapidly and even from wounds that might otherwise be fatal.
Unity: N/A

Luna

The favored moon of Terra, Luna was recognized because from it came the Lunar Queen of the Sol system. Luna became a jewel within the system and was revered for its beauty; upon the moon the Lunar Temple was built. A place of relaxation and meditation, and by some rites a holy site. The Lunar Temple became the household of the Ascendants. The Ascendant of Luna became the Lunar Queen, second only to the Solar King it was her job to act as his right hand. While the King acted on behalf of the Ascendants it often fell to the queen to act for the other people of the system. The Lunar Queen served as an adviser to the King, and ultimately his most trusted confidant.

Elemental Affinity: Light
Special Passive: Empathy - The Lunar Queen has the ability to sense the thoughts and emotions of those near her - rendering her virtually immune to surprise tactics and those who would cling to the shadows.
Unity: N/A

Mercury

Upon mercury the great libraries of the Sol system were built. It was a hub of knowledge, learning and development. The great War Conclave was built on Mercury, and acted as a house to the Solar King and his council when strategical plans were needed to be made. The War Conclave was a hub that connected to all worlds within the Sol system, and allowed the Solar King the ability to interact with his charges no matter where they were. The Ascendants of Mercury were valued for their brilliance and served as historians, librarians and record keepers to the system - but perhaps most importantly they acted as the War Advisers to the Solar King and his chief tacticians.

Elemental Affinity: Water
Special Passive: Brilliance - Ascendants of Mercury are granted greatly increased intellectual capabilities, and are prone to seeing patterns where others see only chaos.
Unity: Absolute Zero - Create a field of absolute zero, which applies its effects to anything passing through the field - briefly creating the ultimate defense.

Venus

Venus was the hub of culture and gathering in the Sol system. The greatest cities of Sol were built upon Venus, and society flourished like none other. Denizens of the system would travel from all other planets to bask in the glory that was the great cities of Venus. The Ascendants of Venus were both beautiful and loved by the people; to that end they were tasked by the Solar King with enforcing his laws and those of the empire on the system. They acted as police and enforcers, as well as assassins; they were tasked with keeping the secrets of the Sol system, and to work as the shadowy hand of the King whenever it was deemed needed.

Elemental Affinity: Earth
Special Passive: Charm - Ascendants of Venus are granted unnatural social prowess, acting as magnets to people and always having the upper hand in social situations - people naturally want to like them.
Unity: Mass Hypnosis - The ability to create a ripple that can travel across an entire planet, which can be used to either input and remove information from all those touched by the power.

Mars

Mars was declared the fall back position of the entire system. Upon it was the Solar King's second home, but more importantly the secondary ruling point for the system. The great Mars Temple was outfitted to replace the Solarium if ever a time came that power needed to be transferred away from the heart of the system. To that same end the Ascendants of Mars were put on a pedestal and acted as the second in command of the entire system; in case the leadership of Sol were to fall, all power was to transfer to these Ascendants and they were to take charge. In this capacity the Ascendants of Mars were perhaps more trusted than any other Ascendant pair, and often accompanied the Solar King to be present during his meetings and decrees.

Elemental Affinity: Fire
Special Passive: Brawn - Ascendants of Mars are granted increased physical strength, well beyond what they could normally achieve and often bordering on unnaturally so.
Unity: Hellfire - Conjure the black flames of hell which can not be extinguished by natural means, and continue to burn until they have consumed their target on all levels, leaving absolutely nothing behind.

Jupiter

Home to the great staging grounds of Sol, Jupiter acted as the military focal point for the entire system. Upon Jupiter was built the famous Jupiter Station, which acted as home, training ground, and other facilities to the armies of the Sol system. Because of the sheer harshness of Jupiter it was often said that the soldiers of Sol were among the best in the galaxy. Because of this the Ascendants of Jupiter were tasked as the great generals of the Sol armies, charged with over seeing the training, outfitting and direct command of the forces. The Jupiters were expected to act on the front lines, and represent the system on the battlefield.

Elemental Affinity: Lightning
Special Passive: Speed - Ascendants of Jupiter are second to none when it comes to reflexes and raw speed.
Unity: Polarization - Enhance your bodies with energy of opposing polarities, greatly enhancing speed and strength. Passing near one another enhances the effect, however prolonged use or charging too much can be self destructive.

Saturn

The pride of the Sol system, the beautiful planet of Saturn was the home of industry. From Saturn the weapons used by the armies of Sol were created, and most things used in common life across the system. What makes Saturn important however is not what it produced for Sol, but rather the Ascendants that came with it. Regarded as some of the most powerful Ascendants in the entire Galaxy, the pair from Saturn became the ultimate trump card in the arsenal of Sol and the empire as a whole. Granted powers of immense destruction, the Ascendants of Saturn were said to be able to delete planets from existence - and together entire systems, if not more. Aside from the Solar King the Ascendants of Saturn were the only Ascendants from Sol to ever meet directly with the galactic Emperor before or after their ascension - to discuss the responsibility of their great and terrible power.

Elemental Affinity: Prime
Special Passive: Balance - Ascendants of Saturn are always at perfect balance within themselves - they are impossible to mind control or influence. In short only the Saturns determine what they will and will not do.
Unity: Black Star - Summon a Black Star that floats to a designated nearby location and then pulls everything within a specified radius into oblivion.

Uranus

Uranus was a world of creativity, art and expression. The Star Citadel was built on Uranus, and it served as the communication point between Sol and the other systems of the empire. In many ways Uranus served as a check point for those coming and going through the system. The Ascendants of Uranus were gifted with the ability to solve problems before they happened - precognition. Because of this they were tasked as diplomats and masters of communication throughout the system. They were in charge of relaying information from one point to the next, and dealing with outsiders whenever it became needed.

Elemental Affinity: Air
Special Passive: Precognition - Ascendants of Uranus are granted glimpses into the future.
Unity: Portal - Fold space and time to create a hole between two locations that can be stepped through to instantly transport to a new location.

Neptune

Considered the world of illusion, Neptune became the go to world for training of special forces. The scouts of Neptune were revered for their ability to slip in and out, gather information and control information leaving Sol. Gifted with a level of foresight the Ascendants of Neptune acted as the scouts and leaders of the systems special forces. It was their job to take on the big missions, the the hard ones, the very specialized ones. Neptune and its Ascendants also served as the early warning system to the entire system, gathering information and keeping the armies up to date on the latest information from across the galaxy.

Elemental Affinity: Darkness
Special Passive: Invisibility - Ascendants of Neptune naturally fade away from the minds of people, only standing out if they draw attention to themselves. They are easily forgotten, and often go unnoticed.
Unity: Summoning - Conjure a powerful beast of your creation to do your bidding for a small period of time.

Pluto

The final world in the Sol system, Pluto acted as the doorway into it. From Pluto could be accessed the great Galaxy Gate, the doorway between system that connected the galaxy together. More or less it was the door that gave access to the system to everything else. The Ascendants of Pluto were the great watchers of the gate, tasked with ensuring that no one entered the system without their blessing and likewise no one left it. The Pluto pair was tasked with defending the entire system from the outside and maintaining the outer stability of Sol. In terms of raw power the Pluto Ascendants were second only to those of Saturn - and often considered equal if you disregarded the terrible destructive force the Saturns could summon.

Elemental Affinity: Spirit
Special Passive: Medium - Ascendants of Pluto are granted the ability to see into the afterlife and communicate with those inside of it.
Unity: Temporal Reversion - Rewrite a recent moment in time.

Ascendant Information

What is an Ascendant? What does it mean to be an Ascendant? What are their duties? Their priorities? How do they work? This section covers this information.

An Ascendant is a person - historically a citizen of that world, but not needed - who is infused with the essence of a planet. When this happens the Ascendant is granted powers that relate to world. They are given the World Essence which from that point on is simply part of who they are. The World Essence does not carry on from person to person, thus a new Ascendant can be completely different from the previous one and have absolutely no connection to the them. Each Ascendant is unique to themselves and gains no benefit from the Ascendants before them.

To be an Ascendant is to become a guardian of a world and an elite class soldier, with powers far beyond the average fighter. Ascendants are protectors of their world, and the system in which their world exists. After that they are protectors of the galaxy as a whole - and on a grander scale they are, in theory at least, protectors of the universe as a whole. In general Ascendants also act as rulers of their world, leading and guiding it along under the rule of their Solar King. The first duty of an Ascendant is always to their own world, and ensuring its continued survival however that is often considered the second charge of the Ascendants, as protection of their system is placed higher because if something happens to the system it is likely something will happen to their world.

All Ascendants gain a basic power, something passive that is enhanced or gifted to them upon ascending, however the rest of their powers can only be used when they invoke the World Essence. Usually this comes in the form of a phrase and a moment of transformation where they manifest the world energies within them - this transformation equips the Ascendant with their battle gear, armor and outfits fitting each individual Ascendant and their weapon of choice. These transformations have been enhanced by special talismans in the past which have been known to enhance the powers of an Ascendant.

Wispyr

Male

Female
Sol          Taken     N/A
Luna          N/A     Taken
Mercury          Taken     Taken
Venus          Taken     Taken
Mars          Available     Available
Jupiter          Taken     Taken
Saturn          Taken     Taken
Uranus          Available     Taken
Neptune          Taken     Available
Pluto          Taken     Taken

Player

Character

Face Claim

Planet

Weapon

Orientation

Submission Status

Notes
01. Wispyr         
Misha Leon Ryzhkov

Male

Alexey Vorobyov

Pluto

Dual Wield (Kama/Sickle)

Heteroflexible

Approved

Game Master
02. Amarlo         
Eun-Kyung Mireu

Female

Lee Hyori

Saturn

Glaive

Heterosexual

Approved

?
03. VonDoom         
-

-

-

-

-

-

Withdrawn

-
04. Juggtacular         
?

Male

Michael B. Jordan

Saturn

Scythe

?

Reviewed

?
05. Crash         
Jessica Tokko

Female

Chaelin Lee

Neptune

Chain-Whip

Pansexual

Approved

?
06. Angiejuusan         
Lily Sakimoto

Female

Pia Piranha

Mercury

Fists

Pansexual

Approved

?
07. DomJoe         
-

-

-

-

-

-

Withdrawn

-
08. Xanatos         
Belladonna MacAvoy

Female

Emily Wickersham

Jupiter

Dagger

Homosexual

Approved

?
09. Aya         
Minah Kim

Female

Kim Seo Hyun

Pluto

Sword & Shield

Heterosexual

Approved

?
10. MiraMirror         
?

Female

Emily Rudd

Uranus

Dual Wield (War Fans)

?

Approved

?
11. Cerevan         
Victorie Belle Laveu

Female

Chanel Iman

Luna

Bo Staff

Bisexual

Approved

?
12. Aiden         
?

Male

?

Mars

Greatsword

?

Reserved

?
13. Amelita         
?

Female

Lyndsy Fonseca

Mars

Dual Wield (Swords)

Heteroflexible

Approved

?
14. Emmykins         
?

Male

?

Sol

?

?

Reserved

?
15. Intimate Ink         
?

Male

Alessio Pozzi

Neptune

Katar

?

Reserved

?
16. Zhu Que         
Song Ji-Hyun

Male

Yoon Jeong Han

Uranus

Tome

Pansexual

Approved

?
17. Tokyorose627         
Ai Haruno

Male

Aoi Shouta

Jupiter

Bow & Arrow

Heterosexual

Approved

?
18. OrangeMarmalade         
?

Male

?

Mercury

?

Homosexual

Reserved

?

Code (Character Sheet) Select

[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Ascendant Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Languages Known:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]On's & Off's:[/b]

[b]Weapon:[/b]

[b][u]Powers & Abilities[/u][/b]
[li][b]NAME OF POWER:[/b] [/li]

[b][u]Notes[/u][/b]

Threads
[Ascendant] Character Sheets
[Ascendant] Out of Character

Questions & Answers
GM Note: As Amarlo mentioned, the Academy is a University. Characters should be in the age range of 18-22 attending their 1-3rd year in school.

GM Note: Characters gain extensive knowledge of their weapon as it is assumed that the training needed to utilize the weapon comes from the essence of the planet. Can they get better? Absolutely, but they will know how to use their weapons in combat.

GM Note: Potentially. It will depend on planet, power in question, the weapon itself... Best to say very small powers, but yes the potential for them to have abnormal traits is absolutely there.

GM Note: No. The Unity power is more like a combination attack, it's something that both Ascendants are able to summon only when working together to create it. As I'm sure you noted these powers are much... stronger than the attacks I want characters to have at the start and should usually rival, in general, some of the most powerful attacks they get later. They need not be romantically or sexually involved to access this power, simply working in tandem to utilize that power. The Ascendants were strong on their own, but when an Ascendant Pair was working together they were out right frightening.

GM Note: Ascendants do not need to be romantically involved with their pair. While it was not uncommon for this to happen it was by no means the rule. The Ascendants were a unit in of themselves, and most often worked as rulers of their own worlds. To this end it was natural in many cases for feelings to bubble up and the pair to become involved with one another however it was equally as common (perhaps slightly more) for them to want to keep a health degree of separation between one another as part of their goal was ensuring that the other did not go off the deep end, so to speak.

GM Note: Remember that each Ascendant is unique in of itself and has no ties to the Ascendants before them. So in the case of something like the Solar King (Ascendant of Sol) and the Lunar Queen (Ascendant of Luna), whom were married before need not have any attraction at this point.

GM Note: I will hold character reserves for 7 days at which point I will need to see a sheet for the character produced. This is a shit or get off the pot deal - many people will likely have favorites and you will not be allowed to hold a role hostage. If you are unable to make your sheet within that time frame after making a reserve, please contact me and let me know so that we can work it out. I won't bite you, I promise.

GM Note: Please submit completed character sheets to me via PM and tag them: Ascendant Character Sheet. A character sheet thread will go up once approved characters are around.

GM Note: It is absolutely fine to use art and drawings as supplemental pictures for your character, but every character should have a real face claim. It is totally acceptable to use artwork and what not for images of your transformation. I will help find pictures if you need be, I've got lots of time.

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Dunno if I'll have the time ... but I'll tentatively call Male Venus.  O:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Juggtacular

Reserving male Saturn. -glances at a certain someone-

Amarlo

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 01, 2016, 08:39:52 AM
Reserving male Saturn. -glances at a certain someone-

-Flutters lashes at- Get on Skype!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Juggtacular

Wish I could.  On the road to my sisters and Skype doesn't work on my phone.

Amarlo

Booo! Okay... I'll just have to be patient... -squirms impatiently-

I hope everything is alright, though!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Juggtacular

Everything is honky donky. Just helping her and my niece move.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

VonDoom

If this was actually Sailor Moon I'd consider Uranus for a reincarnation reprisal ... but it's not. ;D

Mars or Jupiter are also rather tempting... hmm.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

DomJoe

Tentatively interested. May go with Uranus (gender undecided).

Also, I noticed Saturn does not have a passive... is this intentional?

Crash

Going to try to get a character sheet done. Is the school a High School or College?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Angie

On one hand, I am not the biggest fan of school based games. On the other hand, Sailor-Fucking-Moon. Good god am I tempted to go right for Lady Mercury...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

MiraMirror

Damn it, Wispyr! Tentative interest in Luna or...don't make me say it....Lady Uranus.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Amarlo

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2016, 11:52:24 AM
Going to try to get a character sheet done. Is the school a High School or College?
College

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Crash

MiraMirror

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2016, 12:52:00 PM
Excellent.

Heeeey, it's Crash! I remember you from another RP thread. >w< I can't recall which one, but hey, sort of familiar face!

For the record, I'm totally game for co-plotting and linking characters up and all that fun jazz. ^w^

Crash

Hey Mira.  Not sure which it was either but nice to see you again!  I am hoping to have a character up tonight time permitting then I will be all for plotting!

Xanatos

I'm interested. Its a Wisp game of course.

Venus, Mars, and Jupiter caught my eye. Female of course. I'll re-look at the others, but for now, those three are what I'll be focusing on.

MiraMirror

Sure, Crash. I'll work on a character tonight. Not exactly sure where I wanna go with it, but I'm thinking someone that isn't Ashe-like. I'm not feeling a quiet character this time.

Crash

Yeah my character will not purposely be like any sailor moon characters. 

Xanatos

Questions for you Wispyr.

Does the character, when infused, gain automatic proficiency (better yet, mastery) with the weapon chosen? Otherwise, I can see the weapon being basically useless/more for show. As even a 'basic' sword requires a lot of practice to truly use effectively.

Can weapons have powers, to to speak? Similar in nature to what one might find in D&D.