Freeform Exalted

Started by HairyHeretic, August 17, 2007, 09:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hehe, after all, it's quite common for Lunars to have a shifting gender. ^.^
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Muse

*Grins*  That's true.  Nice little charm, easily acessible to any luanr with 3 essence.  Change your gender on a whim.  :) 

Chocolate is indeed a night caste solar.  She uses sexuality as a tool to get things done, and is kind of jaded about it, so if she actualy fell in love, that might be very, very intresting. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Well, if you want to go with the romantic plotline, feel free :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ZK

So we can basically be any Exalted within reason? "like have a moderate Essence but not no 5+" types?

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

More or less. I tend to play Raven as freshly Exalted, and still coming to grips with his newfound abilities. He has a few small artifacts .... ashigaru armour and some variant of shocklance usually, nothing in the way of spells or followers.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

Resplendent Frenzy of the Winter Cold - Full Moon Lunar

History

Born as Kain of the Broken Mountain Tribe, a tribe of ice walkers who seiced their migratory life style, finding that the mountain could provide them what they needed... if the remained strong, Frenzy's life was hard, almost beyond words. He was forced to struggle against his own siblings to earn a meal, he was forced to adjust to the freezing temperatures of the mountain, and as the only son of Master Hunter of the tribe, he was thrust into the world of wild beasts. When he became old enough to take up his father's weapon's he was sent out for one final test, too bring back the pelt of the true master of the Uttercold. Which was a rare breed of tiger that stalked the mountain passes, it preyed on many of the same beasts as his tribe, but in truth, the flesh of man was what the creature truly desired.

The hunt was long... hard, and when he came upon the beast, the two circled each other, both ready too strike. As the beast suddenly charged, Kain readied his spear, a voice within his head whispered very softly, sounding more like the growl of a beast. "Take your destiny in hand..." With speed and strength that he never possessed before, the warrior's spear hit home killing his opponent with but a single strike. Unable to help himself, he cupped the cooling blood within his hands and drank deeply from it.  His eyes transformed too two silver orbs, slitted like those of a cats. When he returned home though, he came upon a sight that made his blood boil... A large contigent of bandits was pillaging the town, and without even thinking Kain threw himself into the skirmish, as he charged his body reshaped into the image of a rather large humanoid white furred tiger, within minutes, the dervish like frenzy of Kain decimated his opponents, but most of his friends, and family had been killed in the raid. Unable to stay, his heart broken to piece he fled the mountain.

It wasn’t long before a pack of Lunars came upon the young man, fortunately before his casteless nature had any truly negative effects upon him.  He was brought before an elder amongst the Exalted of Luna, and put to the tests...   They were long, hard, but fortunately, with a little luck, and a massive am mount of effort he “Passed” the tests as well as anyone, and the results suggested he was one of the full moon.  He received his tattoos that day, binding his changing caste, protecting him from Chiemerism.  When he was ready, he joined the ranks of the Seneschals of the Sun Kings.  When he was ready, he set out alone once more.

His claws and teeth were put to one purpose, anytime he came upon an innocent in jeopardy, threatened by the hands of ignorant or evil men. He jumped into the fray fighting with such rage, his mind still burning with the images of his own brutalized village. With each victory the Legend of Resplendent Frenzy of the Winter Cold grew.

ZK

I'll be thinking up either a Dragon-Blooded [Non/Ex Dynast] or a Changeling or No-Moon Lunar. :D

HairyHeretic

By Changeling do you mean one of the Fair Folk? They always struck me as interesting, but the shaping combat rules made my head hurt :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

Changing, sorry. Not Changeling.

As for Fair Folk, I actually understand their Shaping Combat. Irony has it, it makes them more formed instead of chaos. Aren't they suppose to be of Chaos? ^.^

Chameleon

I've never actually managed to take a look at the fair folk?  Was it any good?

HairyHeretic

I thought it was pretty good.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

So, have we decided on a starting point? Solo or characters knowing each other? Location?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

Well,  I like your idea of using Nexus.  While I would love to roleplay the innitial meetings between the characters,  I've noticed that sometimes its a bit hard to actually throw a group of four character's together,  particularly if it was going to be a bar sort of scene. 

Of course,  since this is exalted...  perhaps instead of tossing everyone together in a bar scene.  We could begin the game with a fight,  perhaps each character has been tracking a foe,  or perhaps they happen to all stumble upon a group of bandits/slavers/ insert random baddy that has been terrorizing the locals in some way,  and they decide to take things into their hands.  Beating the tar out of a group of evil doers would seem to be a fun way to bring together a mixed group of exalted.

HairyHeretic

Well, Raven does have some of a dislike for Nexus slavers (which generally means the Guild). Chocolate could be planing on taking out the Guild leader who is running this caravan (slaves and drugs, all the comforts of home  :D )

How would that work for everyone?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Sounds good to me. 

Note: Chocolate's doesn't go after slavery on general principle, but given that the Guild deals in it, she would find comon cause with people going after guild slavers. 

And she could be persuaded, by intelegent arguments or by experience, that it WAS a universaly bad thing. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chameleon

Muse

Actualy, I'd like to bow out ofthis to focus on running a system based adult Dragonblooded of Lookshy game. 

I'll throw it open to players soon, but I offered first dibs on concept to a guy who helped me come up wtih it, so I'm waiting for his response. 

HairyHeretic

So, the two of you still up for this, or would you prefer to join Muses game?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

well,  I'd still be up for it.

ZK

I'd like both. ^.^ I need a fixation of both Dragon-Blooded system (never got to play the new one system based) and Freeform. :D

HairyHeretic

*chuckles* Ok, I think we can kick things off here then. What board you think is most suitable?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chameleon

I wouldn't mind placing it in the  bondage section.

HairyHeretic

ZK, you happy with that suggestion, or you prefer a different section? I think we're pretty much ready to kick off.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

In Nexus, fighting the Guild Slavers and such? Way it is, Nexus even has it's shares of Lunars... which should tell you the state of the city itself. Sure. :D

HairyHeretic

Ok, cool. I'll see about opening a thread later today. Work's keeping me reasonably busy at present.

Cattle die, kinsmen die