Ideas/Prompts, Anyone Welcome

Started by TwistedWhimsy, July 28, 2013, 02:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistedWhimsy

Need To Read

Contacting Me
If you decide you are interested in an idea I put up please PM me so we can begin hammering out the details. This is both the quickest and most polite way of getting a message to me. Fair warning, I will ask you a question that you will have needed to read the above links to answer. I'm not asking for a lot, but at least a skim so that I know we're not going to step on each other's toes by accident.

Night Games

Genre
Supernatural/Fantasy, Vampiric

Setting
Modern day in urban environment.

Themes Wanted in Story

• Seduction
  • Cat/Mouse dynamic
  • Dominant/Submissive dynamic
  • Mindgames
  • Possessive behaviors
Tone
I would like this to be a more serious and darker story. This is a vampire, aka apex predator, interacting with a, functionally, prey species.

Characters Involved
Mine
Female vampire changed within the last thirty years so overall age would be something close to sixty although she still looks late twenties to early thirties. Her appearance has yet to be set so that can be discussed/decided later.
Yours
Mid to late twenties human, details may be discussed/decided at a later date.

Premise/Set-Up
The human character (H) and vampire character (V) actually only live a handful of blocks away from each other so they have been going to the same places for quite a while and are aware that the other exist but this has been the extent of their interaction, until... H is aware that there has been a rash of sexual assaults within H's neighborhood, but has no means to effect the situation so H goes about H's life. V has taken exception to this threat and has made a point to hunt down the assaulter.

H, coming home one night, hears a commotion, and true to human nature, goes to see what the hell is going on, just in time to see V chow down on the previously mentioned assaulter. H, unable to believe H's eyes and terrified, watches V drain the body and drop it. V, coming off a feeding high, only realizes after H has gotten away that V was witnessed feeding/killing another human by H. H must now deal with H's life, knowing someone H sees on a fairly regular basis is a vampire or just psychotic.

V does not feed off of humans regularly. It's too dangerous to just go around biting people for the hell of it and V can survive off of animal blood, however, when "problem people" like the assaulter arise V gets rid of them. V doesn't like people causing trouble in V's neighborhood, it brings unwanted attention, so instead of killing H, V sets out to seduce H so that H won't go spilling the beans and V can keep control of H without resorting to threatening behavior.
Vampiric Details

Overall Ups

• No sickness or disease
  • No aging
  • Heightened senses
  • Extreme physicality
  • Extreme toughness
  • Rapid healing
  • Natural weapons/defenses
Overall Downs

• Sunlight begins to burn within half an hour of exposure
  • Feeding dependency
  • Unable to consume solids without violently expelling them
  • Feel compelled to sleep during daylight hours
Abilities

• Hypnotic gaze
    Requires eye contact with prey to initialize and only lasts for a minute after eye contact has been broken. The prey cannot be compelled to do anything during this time, but simply stills in place. The hypnotic gaze will not work if the prey is already panicked unless the prey wants it to work.
  • Rapid healing
  • Heightened senses
  • Extreme toughness
  • Tapetum Lucidum
  • Retractable hollow fangs
  • Grow claws
Characteristics

Physical Characteristics

• Cool flesh
  • Sluggish pulse
  • Narrow set eyes
  • Tapetum Lucidum
  • Large pupils
  • Thick nails and cuticles
  • Flat upper pallet
    Where human soft pallets tilt up and away, vampiric soft pallets are almost completely flat so the "mouth roof" is much lower. This extra room is for the venom sack and blood passages all vampires have. The venom is not for feeding, but used in propagation of the species. The blood passages are used to transport the blood taken in through the hollow fangs to the esophagus.
  • Un-contoured upper gums
    The fangs sit within the upper gums until enough pressure is put on the jaw to flex them forward. When this pressure is released the fangs slide back up into the upper gums thus creating an un-contoured upper gum.
Behavioral Characteristics

• Gaze attracted to highly reflective and/or fast moving objects
  • Licks upper teeth/upper gums compulsively
  • Lethargic during daylight hours
  • Blinks quickly and not often
  • Sits/stands absolutely still
  • Sits/stands with back to a solid object, preferably wall