[Interest Check|SWSE Non-Forum] Star Wars, MapTools (pos. NC/EX/Etc.)

Started by Antisoul, April 26, 2012, 09:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antisoul

I'm not great with the formatting so please bear with me.  To maybe clear up potential confusion. Section 2 is just an Idea. What I end up putting together will be constructed from player input as to what they want to play. So, please do not feel as though the plot outlined in Section 2 is 'the game' it is only an example of an idea.

Section 1

I hope to or rather will eventually start up a Star Wars Saga Edition game over MapTools. I am still working on getting together plenty of art resources and such to begin shopping up environments, battle maps and so on. I've a fair share of plots, campaign ideas though find that things would be much easier knowing beforehand the sorts of characters I'd have. And so this section is to gauge interest in SWSE.

Schedule
When I begin or start up a game I will, depending on player preference, run weekly, bi-weekly or monthly at the following time.

Saturday OR Sunday, 13:00 - 18:00 PDT. Realized I am free Saturday as well. Also trying to be more flexible, however regardless of day the hours are unlikely to change with the exception of potentially running later if everyone just wants to continue playing. The 13:00 start time however is fairly keyed in, I could start as early as 11:00 but the later after 13:00 we  start my creativity declines. I don't know what it is, I think my muse works the morning shift *shrug*.

This is the time that is good for me and that I can commit to, if this day and or time doesn't fit I'm sorry however it is set in stone. Only the frequency of sessions will be determined by a consensus.

Players: Would be looking for between two and six players. Era and premise are open for input with the exception of the following plot being chosen (by the players).

Please PM me if you have questions or suggestions.

Section 2

Campaign Plot
This is a campaign concept I already have.

Backstory: Prior to the death of Marka Ragnos an ambitious and peerless Alchemist and artificer constructed a number of potent relics and a talisman to focus them. Together these artifacts would bestow overwhelming might to their wearer and had been intended as a gift for the Dark Lord. However it was not to be.

For before Ragnos would return another Sith Lord learned of the relics and gathering his followers seized them. The alchemist's wrath was legendary and the thief was forced to flee to the unknown regions to escape relentless pursuit. Therein the Sith and his followers were drawn to a utterly isolated planet resounding through the force as an endless font of dark side energy.

While already potent by their own right, the artifacts glutted on the planet's energy until even a few of them made the Sih Lord's followers more powerful than any save their peers. And so it came to be that they turned what native inhabitants there were against one another in an endless war to control all the pieces. Eventually the Master and now his rivals numbered four and a stalemate grinds on.

Synopsis: Ravenor dispatches a cadre of Jedi to the unknown regions in search of these relics believing that they can empower him to overcome The Emperor. This would need four to six players, all starting as Jedi 7 / (Player choice force using prestige class) 1.

Summary: The idea for this is greatly inspired by Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Again, PM me with feedback. Thank you.

Muse

I'm intrested.  That said, I have something on Sundays.  Let me see if the hours will overlap. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Antisoul

Added Saturday to available days, realized I had those free now. Also hoping this will be more flexible.

Marie Reynolds

I would love to be apart of this but I'm in Japan so I'm not sure how well I'd mesh with the schedule

Antisoul

Updated: Added notice to post indicating that Section 2 is not 'the game' but merely an example idea of one. Check the OP again for the whole notice. Ty.

Marie Reynolds

Well I am a big fan of the Old republic era or the  Legacy Era

Muse

Cool as Jedi are, it would be nice to not be pigeonholed into playing one.  I mean, 90% of the concepts you get will be Jedi without cutting out the chance of others.  :P 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

Yeah id agree being pigeonholed into jedi only would not nearly be as interesting.

Muse

I do seem to be free on Sundays 'til 1900 to 2000 Central Time.  (Not sure how that relates to Grenich Mean) 

My sarcasm about getting players to play non force users aside, if that's what your plot calls for, I'm down with it! 

Antisoul

QuoteCentral Time.  (Not sure how that relates to Grenich Mean)

-06:00

As for my plot.. that's just it. Devising one prior to having players, their preference and character concepts is an exercise in futility. As was excellently pointed out the likely hood of ending up with a plot that doesn't reduce interest by exclusion is typically low.

That said, if you are interested in a SWSE game. Please PM me with the following

[b]Preferred Era:[/b]
[b]Preferred Style:[/b] (this would be one of these; 'Blast 'em all' , 'Immersive storytelling'  or 'Something in between'.)
[b]Suggested Theme:[/b] (clone wars, unknown regions, AU, military, pirates, galactic war, dark side, light side, etc.)
[b]Adult content:[/b] (none, a little, some, moderate, heavy)
[b]Comments:[/b]

You may also post that here for others but I'm most likely to see them if I get a PM.

Adult content: This is to indicate how much session time I'd set aside for this. Otherwise assume any game will, where the groups role playing or the plot warrants, include adult material though in a manner that doesn't bog down the game. Additionally the opportunity for such misadventure should where plausible be available, however should be taken to the forums again so as not to bog down play with 1-1 focused RP. Essentially, expect your usual table top role playing albeit more mature any additional role playing between characters or just featuring a characters downtime will be here on Elliquiy.

So gah, I think that is more than enough blathering from me for now.

AndyZ

Interested if this happens on Saturdays, but I already have two other games on Sunday and won't be able to fit it in then.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

fallensaviour

I'm interested but I can't make any guarantees due to the nature of my job.

Muse

Preferred Era:  Any

Preferred Style: Something In Between

Suggested Theme: Light Side. 

Adult content: Some

Comments:  Sorry about the sarcasm when you suggested an all jedi plot.  If that’s what you want I’m happy to play it.  I’ve been GM often enough to understand what it’s like to want to run a specific story and have players bring in elements that don’t fit just to be different. 

Antisoul

Update: Considering the style of storytelling that I GM with, I'm thinking that MapTools won't quite cut it and instead propose using RPol.net (simply for the ability to organize threads myself and easy to use space for tracking characters).

Have seen two/four players preferences and propose the following.

Era: Dark Times/Legacy
Style: Something in Between (Lean toward storytelling)
Theme: Independence, mercenary company
Adult content: per individual by preference, inter-player up to those involved
Comments: The concept is for primarily non-force users though Jedi would not be barred however swinging around a lightsaber is ill advised. Plot arch would be a PC chosen by consensus to be the group leader inherits the mercenary company the PC's work for. Which includes the PCs, a ship, four speeder bikes, a junker cargo speeder, the founders records and collection of contacts necessary for obtaining work and a pile of debt with an outstanding balance.

The ship is either an antiquated or archaic junker initially purchased as little more than the original chassis, the debt being the squads initial start up costs. The game focus being initially to resolve the debt then to sandbox style build the squad into a full fledged mercenary outfit. Unsurprisingly the idea would involve plenty of bookkeeping which I'd be more than happy to take care of or if preferred provide an IC means of delegating or minimizing the level of micromanagement involved (unless that just happens to be an interest).

Summation being as the unit grows to encompass more the decisions involved will be broader such as "Do you accept contracts from slavers? Do you supply equipment to members? What should we do sir?"

Anyway, that is the idea I have most thoroughly worked out as far as actual game play goes. I also feel it allows for the largest room to self-determinate focus for individual players.