Prison Game [Sci-Fi/Survivor/Aliens/Fun] - Recruitment Thread

Started by TheBlackThrone, August 14, 2016, 12:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Pink Kitten on August 27, 2016, 01:23:38 PM

Please let me know what you think - I'm not 100% sure if she's close enough to what you'd like to see for this game; if she's enough of a "hardened criminal" for the project!

I guess my own biggest question mark is how useful a character who specializes strongly in piloting would be for this expedition. But with that said, I personally don't mind at all if my character is a bit out of her league and just tries to get along with all of these hardened criminals and mercenaries - but if she does get her own chance to shine, she'd be more than capable enough to pull it off!

Oh yes and to answer your question. Since the ship went down, she might be able to salvage some parts. If she's a racer then she must know some things about ship maintenance and repair, right? Because knowing what to salvage would be very handy. If she could get a ship up and running, even if it couldn't fly anymore but could roll along the ground for vehicular transport that would be very very handy and would save the team periods where they'd have to walk hundreds of miles.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Chrystal

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 27, 2016, 06:58:49 PM
I set up equal ratio so that everyone gets an equal chance of being in the game. I do not set up equal ratios for this "pairing" you speak of. Also, once you get placed on this planet, it doesn't matter what team you bat for because either way you either cooperate with each other or remain fucked.

Also, if you read over the front page, the "innocent" was also an option who could be placed on the ship unintentionally, through being framed, or against their will for who knew what reasons.

*giggles* I have no problem working with guys, and by "flying solo" I didn't mean "go off on their own and get killed...!" I was (as I'm sure you know really) referring to whatever level of smut you are expecting in the game.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Pink Kitten

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 27, 2016, 07:04:42 PM
Oh yes and to answer your question. Since the ship went down, she might be able to salvage some parts. If she's a racer then she must know some things about ship maintenance and repair, right? Because knowing what to salvage would be very handy. If she could get a ship up and running, even if it couldn't fly anymore but could roll along the ground for vehicular transport that would be very very handy and would save the team periods where they'd have to walk hundreds of miles.  :-)
Oh, I was mostly concerned about how you as the GM felt about the concept, like if you had some kind of a grand plan of things to come that really didn't have room for a pure pilot character... as far as I'm concerned, I'm sure I can find ways for my character to be useful, or at least try hard to be useful :3 So if you're happy, I'm very happy!

Also echoing the sentiments that the game and the cast are looking really exciting - can't wait!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Chrystal on August 27, 2016, 07:18:50 PM
*giggles* I have no problem working with guys, and by "flying solo" I didn't mean "go off on their own and get killed...!" I was (as I'm sure you know really) referring to whatever level of smut you are expecting in the game.

Whoever decides to have sexual intercourse, as long as they spoiler it in NSFW to include any lewd pictures, then it's no problem. However, this game is dominantly story-based and won't be taken over by smut. If sex happens naturally, then by all means. As long as writers respect each other and it happened in mutual agreement, again, I have no issues.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

NPC Vote

Hey guys, I got some NPC possibilities for you guys to vote on. I'm only going to RP three for the first phase of the game until we encounter unfortunate losses.

NPC Dames

From left to right: Bio-droid, The Bounty Hunter, The Assassin, The Prostitute, The Innocent Until Proven Guilty, The Smuggler, The Gang Banger and The Lollipop Psycho.

I can't stop adding more to this list lol!

Elf: Bio-droid, The Bounty Hunter, and The Assassin.

TheDarkGoddess: Assassin, Smuggler, and Gang Banger.
The gates are open

Elf

Based on appearances only and what seems most useful to the mission my vote is for The Bounty Hunter, The Assassin, and probably the Bio-droid.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Elf on August 27, 2016, 07:44:25 PM
Based on appearances only and what seems most useful to the mission my vote is for The Bounty Hunter, The Assassin, and probably the Bio-droid.

Useful? They won't be useful for long lol.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I'm totally making this a NPC automatically because a Shark body with a Goldfish being the true brain and operator, is just ingenius lmao. I will enjoy this guy for the duration that he lives. I'm even going to give the Goldfish a British accent because it just has to have one.

Epic
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

I got the IC up, but I plan to open the OOC when I get all of the Character Profiles (yes, I will make a character thread) in that way we don't leave anyone behind or make them feel rushed. Don't worry, you guys will be able to communicate freely soon.  :-)
The gates are open

Elf

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 27, 2016, 07:45:30 PM
Useful? They won't be useful for long lol.

Which is why we want the most useful for as long as we have them.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 27, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
I'm totally making this a NPC automatically because a Shark body with a Goldfish being the true brain and operator, is just ingenius lmao. I will enjoy this guy for the duration that he lives. I'm even going to give the Goldfish a British accent because it just has to have one.

Epic

Definitely Epic and a must play.

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 27, 2016, 10:22:38 PM
I got the IC up, but I plan to open the OOC when I get all of the Character Profiles (yes, I will make a character thread) in that way we don't leave anyone behind or make them feel rushed. Don't worry, you guys will be able to communicate freely soon.  :-)

Most excellent!

TheDarkGoddess

Name: Daianarah Seraph
Nickname: Daia (Die-uh)
Alias: The Red Death
Race: Infuri
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Long red hair
Eye Color: Yellow and glowing
Written Description: Daia is slender, yet toned, and tall for a female. Her entire body, including her long hair and leather-like wings, is a red-violet color. The long, sharp black horns on her head are jet black, and her eyes glow a golden yellow. She is covered head to toe in dark red tribal tattoos, and her nails are long and sharp like talons, able to slice through flesh like butter.

Personality: Daia is effortlessly confident, without being arrogant or boastful; she trusts herself and her abilities completely. She is resourceful and cunning, and has a natural ability to survive as well as prosper; the fact that she is often underestimated doesn't hurt either. Fiercely independent, she relies on no one and works better alone, though she does enjoy company for entertainment and superficial purposes. There is a touch of madness to Daia, in an intelligent, calculating way. If you are on her bad side, expect zero mercy. If she doesn't care about you either way, expect for her to look out for herself. However, make it on her good side and you'll have a loyal, reliable ally for life.

Likes: Intelligent conversation, books, puzzles, revenge, good food and good wine
Dislikes: Idiots, stupid questions, disrespect, losing, and not being in control.

Talents:
Medical - Has vast knowledge of a multitude of species' anatomy. Surgery is her specialty, but she can also perform any simple first aid, medicate, has knowledge of antidotes, can recognize most illnesses, and more.
Advanced Combat – Having been specifically born to be a warrior, she not only has natural killer instincts but was extensively trained as well. Her talon-like nails make a dangerous weapon by themselves.
Photographic Memory – One of the reasons she is so highly intelligent, is her ability to remember the things she sees.
Above-Average Intelligence – Has dedicated her many years alive to educating herself.
Flight - Though she can fly, her wings are on the smaller side and aren’t meant for long distance or strenuous flight.

Psychological Quirks: Daia is straight to the point, and lacks a filter. She doesn’t believe in beating around the bush. She has the ability to go from a cold, ruthless killer to a witty, intelligent lady in a second flat. Very good at hiding her emotions and true intentions, and rarely loses control. Most of her actions are calculated.

Background: Daia is the spawn of the high ruler Ereshkigal, from the land of Infernus. She was one of four sisters born to be warrior priestesses of Ereshkigal; destined to spend their days serving their ruler, while remaining chaste. Daia was restless from the beginning. She would constantly sneak off to the magnificent library in their castle to read everything from history, to science, poetry, and different planets. It was there she met Ereshkigal’s head adviser, and seduced him, losing her sacred virginity. One of Daia’s jealous sisters had been spying on her, and told Ereshkigal, who immediately exiled Daia after a confession from her adviser - who was beheaded for his sin.

After bouncing around for a while, she was discovered in a bar by a self-proclaimed “mad scientist” named Erebos. Erebos was an incredibly wealthy, psychotic, multi-species surgeon with big dreams. He spent his days studying every species he could get his hands on, hiring Bounty Hunters to collect what he wanted, then slicing and dicing the dead bodies, exploring every inch. From there, his obsession grew, he began to construct hybrids, using his medical knowledge to keep them alive through the process. Daia studied under Erebos for hundreds of years, mostly helping to dissect bodies. The moment she got a scalpel in her hand she was in love. When she wasn’t learning from Erebos, she had access to his library where she read thousands of books, mostly medical. She self-taught herself everything; stitches, setting bones, antidotes to poisons – she learned it all and had plenty of opportunity to practice.

As she gained Erebos’ trust, he allowed her to do more of his projects solo. She became extremely close with a few of the Bounty Hunters, who helped her pawn off extra body parts for money. It was then she was introduced to the Black Market. Daia quickly flourished, finding her niche in the world. She was a skilled surgeon and constantly getting better. Soon, she was tired of losing money using Bounty Hunters to collect her victims, and she found she could make an even bigger profit if she let others hire her and choose her victims. This led to her start as a “hitman” of sorts. She rose in ranks to one of the most notorious sellers on the Black Market.

Word travels fast in the Underground, and soon Erebos caught wind of The Red Death’s (Daia's alias) extra-curricular activities. He was the one to contact Union and turn her in. She learned of his betrayal before they came for her, and was found harvesting his body parts while he was still alive. She went willingly without a fight.

Alien Encounters:
a. Alien Impregnation
b. Tentacle Molestation
c. Chronic Arousal & Horniness
e. Trapped
f. Humiliation
O/Os: I’m pretty open but not into bathroom stuff or severe mutilation (like losing limbs). You can check out my player preferences or message me with any questions.

Elf

TheDarkGoddess

The shark/goldfish is awesome! As for the others I vote Assassin, Smuggler, Gang Banger.. but they all sound/look interesting!

Quote from: Elf on August 28, 2016, 12:14:33 AM
I certainly like Daia.

Thank you!!   :D

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on August 28, 2016, 12:02:59 AM
Name: Daianarah Seraph
Nickname: Daia (Die-uh)
Alias: The Red Death
Race: Demoness
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Long red hair
Eye Color: Yellow and glowing
Written Description: Daia is slender, yet toned, and tall for a female. Her entire body, including her long hair and leather-like wings, is a red-violet color. The long, sharp black horns on her head are jet black, and her eyes glow a golden yellow. She is covered head to toe in dark red tribal tattoos, and her nails are long and sharp like talons, able to slice through flesh like butter.

Personality: Daia is effortlessly confident, without being arrogant or boastful; she trusts herself and her abilities completely. She is resourceful and cunning, and has a natural ability to survive as well as prosper; the fact that she is often underestimated doesn't hurt either. Fiercely independent, she relies on no one and works better alone, though she does enjoy company for entertainment and superficial purposes. There is a touch of madness to Daia, in an intelligent, calculating way. If you are on her bad side, expect zero mercy. If she doesn't care about you either way, expect for her to look out for herself. However, make it on her good side and you'll have a loyal, reliable ally for life.

Likes: Intelligent conversation, books, puzzles, revenge, good food and good wine
Dislikes: Idiots, stupid questions, disrespect, losing, and not being in control.

Talents:
Medical - Has vast knowledge of a multitude of species' anatomy. Surgery is her specialty, but she can also perform any simple first aid, medicate, has knowledge of antidotes, can recognize most illnesses, and more.
Advanced Combat – Created to protect Ereshkigal, she not only has natural killer instincts but was extensively trained as well. Her talon-like nails make a dangerous weapon by themselves.
Photographic Memory – One of the reasons she is so highly intelligent, is her ability to remember the things she sees.
Above-Average Intelligence – Has dedicated her many years alive to educating herself.
Flight - Though she can fly, her wings are on the smaller side and aren’t meant for long distance or strenuous flight.

Psychological Quirks: Daia is straight to the point, and lacks a filter. She doesn’t believe in beating around the bush. She has the ability to go from a cold, ruthless killer to a witty, intelligent lady in a second flat. Very good at hiding her emotions and true intentions, and rarely loses control. Most of her actions are calculated.

Background: Daia was created from the blood of the high ruler Ereshkigal, in the land of Infernus. She was one of four sisters created to be warrior priestesses of Ereshkigal; destined to spend their days serving their ruler, while remaining chaste. Daia was restless from the beginning. She would constantly sneak off to the magnificent library in their castle to read everything from history, to science, poetry, and ancient magics. It was there she met Ereshkigal’s head adviser, and seduced him, losing her sacred virginity. One of Daia’s jealous sisters had been spying on her, and told Ereshkigal, who immediately exiled Daia after a confession from her adviser - who was beheaded for his sin.

After bouncing around for a while, she was discovered in a bar by a self-proclaimed “mad scientist” named Erebos. Erebos was a Necromancer with big dreams. He spent his days studying every species he could get his hands on, hiring Bounty Hunters to collect what he wanted, then slicing and dicing the dead bodies, exploring every inch. From there, his obsession grew, he began to construct hybrids, using his Necromancer powers to bring them to life. Daia studied under Erebos for hundreds of years, mostly helping to dissect bodies. The moment she got a scalpel in her hand she was in love. When she wasn’t learning from Erebos, she had access to his library where she read thousands of books, mostly medical. She self-taught herself everything; stitches, setting bones, antidotes to poisons – she learned it all and had plenty of opportunity to practice.

As she gained Erebos’ trust, he allowed her to do more of his projects solo. She became extremely close with a few of the Bounty Hunters, who helped her pawn off extra body parts for money. It was then she was introduced to the Black Market. Daia quickly flourished, finding her niche in the world. She was a skilled surgeon and constantly getting better. Soon, she was tired of losing money using Bounty Hunters to collect her victims, and she found she could make an even bigger profit if she let others hire her and choose her victims. This led to her start as a “hitman” of sorts. She rose in ranks to one of the most notorious sellers on the Black Market.

Word travels fast in the Underground, and soon Erebos caught wind of The Red Death’s (Daia's alias) extra-curricular activities. He was the one to contact Union and turn her in. She learned of his betrayal before they came for her, and was found harvesting his body parts while he was still alive. She went willingly without a fight.

Alien Encounters:
a. Alien Impregnation
b. Tentacle Molestation
c. Chronic Arousal & Horniness
e. Trapped
f. Humiliation
O/Os: I’m pretty open but not into bathroom stuff or severe mutilation (like losing limbs). You can check out my player preferences or message me with any questions.

There are only two things I have to comment about:

1. I would choose another name for her race besides Demoness. You say she comes from Infernus, so maybe something along those lines. This isn't a fantasy and magic game. This is a science fiction game. So, she'd be an alien race.

2. Magic doesn't exist in this game. Every ability and phenomenon can be explained through pseudo-science and not hocus pocus. So any information concerning magic will have to be changed. I'm going to be checking other writers profiles once more to make sure they didn't put any magic or too fantastical elements in their CSes.

If you make those corrections, then she's good to go. They seem like easy fixes.  :-)
The gates are open

Elf

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 28, 2016, 12:21:43 AM
There are only two things I have to comment about:

1. I would choose another name for her race besides Demoness. You say she comes from Infernus, so maybe something along those lines. This isn't a fantasy and magic game. This is a science fiction game. So, she'd be an alien race.

2. Magic doesn't exist in this game. Every ability and phenomenon can be explained through pseudo-science and not hocus pocus. So any information concerning magic will have to be changed. I'm going to be checking other writers profiles once more to make sure they didn't put any magic or too fantastical elements in their CSes.

If you make those corrections, then she's good to go. They seem like easy fixes.  :-)

All things I wondered about! I think I caught them all, if you don't mind checking again I'll make any further changes necessary.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on August 28, 2016, 12:31:33 AM
All things I wondered about! I think I caught them all, if you don't mind checking again I'll make any further changes necessary.

Yep! Looks good. You're good to go.

I think I'll just stop it at 6 people. So when Juggs gets his in, we'll be good. I haven't heard from majin in awhile...but I'm sure that'll change when we can get the OOC up. If not, either way, I can always fill the spot. I'll be surprised if Captain Golden (gold fish shark commander's name lol) becomes my main.
The gates are open

majinmaster

I go away for a few days with no internet and the thread blows up. Lol.

For the vote. Top left, top right, bottom right of that still matters.

In regards to the pilot/street racer character she could always "pilot" one of the Flyers. Depending on how our in character interactions go of course I'd have no problems with that for mine. If she's an expert pilot she's likely to have significantly faster reflexes and control of the character could be ceded to her for a while to describe a particular piece of crazy flying. Just throwing the idea out there.

Chrystal

Sorry, but this doesn't seem to be going in a direction that would hold my interest. I think I may have to drop out.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Elf

Quote from: Chrystal on August 28, 2016, 06:06:10 PM
Sorry, but this doesn't seem to be going in a direction that would hold my interest. I think I may have to drop out.

That would be a shame, I hope you can find this interesting enough to stay and enjoy the play.

Ambie

Hey all! Are there minimums on age or the groups comfort with age? I know the E minimum, but am wanting to make sure before I work through designing the character head to toe...Saw there was a 19YO...just checking on younger.

Thoughts on my character...
She is human, young, and actually not a criminal (gasp! a twist)! She is very smart (techie) and considered a genius for her age. She would have faked the paper work and snuck into the facility that was packaging the criminals and got onto the ship. Reason for her sudden need to leave on a trip with such a fun group? She is searching for her father. He was part of the original research vessel that crashed and she is desperate to find out more. She thinks that there was some foul play involved but needs to keep all of this a secret obviously...but that likely will not last long once she is on the ground...

Thoughts?

Elf

I got no problem with any of that.

Though you might want add something about her being found as a stowaway and having the Harness chip being implanted in her just like the rest of them.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Ambie on August 28, 2016, 09:24:26 PM
Hey all! Are there minimums on age or the groups comfort with age? I know the E minimum, but am wanting to make sure before I work through designing the character head to toe...Saw there was a 19YO...just checking on younger.

Thoughts on my character...
She is human, young, and actually not a criminal (gasp! a twist)! She is very smart (techie) and considered a genius for her age. She would have faked the paper work and snuck into the facility that was packaging the criminals and got onto the ship. Reason for her sudden need to leave on a trip with such a fun group? She is searching for her father. He was part of the original research vessel that crashed and she is desperate to find out more. She thinks that there was some foul play involved but needs to keep all of this a secret obviously...but that likely will not last long once she is on the ground...

Thoughts?

She wouldn't be a stowaway. No one would stowaway on that ship and she wouldn't have survived the 10 years trip. If she did survive, she would be 29. So yeah, stowaway wouldn't work and we have someone making our techie specialization.

We have pilot, tech, medical, strategist, demolition, and stealth/lockpick.

I think they could use a biologist/chemist. Someone familiar with alien species and toxins. We have one person who is supposedly innocent and was placed on the ship due to her family being Yakuza.

But I'm just letting you know all the ideas that have been submitted.
The gates are open

Ambie

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 28, 2016, 09:56:39 PM
She wouldn't be a stowaway. No one would stowaway on that ship and she wouldn't have survived the 10 years trip. If she did survive, she would be 29. So yeah, stowaway wouldn't work and we have someone making our techie specialization.

We have pilot, tech, medical, strategist, demolition, and stealth/lockpick.

I think they could use a biologist/chemist. Someone familiar with alien species and toxins. We have one person who is supposedly innocent and was placed on the ship due to her family being Yakuza.

But I'm just letting you know all the ideas that have been submitted.

With her father having been on the original vessel, maybe then she had been following in his footsteps a knows a lot about chem/bio's? She had a techie friend break her in and set up her paperwork?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Ambie on August 28, 2016, 10:07:56 PM
With her father having been on the original vessel, maybe then she had been following in his footsteps a knows a lot about chem/bio's? She had a techie friend break her in and set up her paperwork?

Go ahead and work on the CS, and we'll work out the kinks after.
The gates are open