The Unreal World (High Fantasy Reality TV) - LGBTQ friendly

Started by Crash, July 11, 2018, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

The Unreal World

“This is the true fairly tale of strangers, picked to live in a castle, work together, and have their lives scryed. Find out what happens, when adventurers stop being polite, and start getting unreal… The Unreal World!”

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Premise

Big Brother, Survivor, Real World and other reality TV fair all mashed together in a fantasy setting.  Like all reality TV this show doesn't include the Heroes of the Realm.  They are to busy off saving the world.  This show is filled with the rejects, wannabes, has-beens and never-weres.  The B, C and D-listers that populate fantasy worlds.  We are looking for erudite barbarians, drunken necromancers, druidish princesses, bartenders (there is always one), evil stepsisters and fairy godmothers gone wrong.

The wizards of WBN, The Wizard Broadcasting Network have ensured that there is an orb in every household of the realms, but they have been losing viewership to the likes of the UFC (Ultimate Flogging Channel), Cabal TV and Sinamax for years now and have decided to make a programming change.  They have dubbed it Reality TV.  It is grittier, sexier and more mind numbingly vapid that anything their competitors can hope to offer.  Not even 7 Hells Broadcasting Partnership has come up with something so fiendishly addicting as this!

The contestants will live together in a fantasy castle with all of the perks and headaches that comes along with it. Each week will face off in new and varied challenges.  Some of them planned, some of them not.  At the end of each week a contestant will be voted, killed or in some way disappeared until there is one adventurer left standing.  Be prepared for twists and turns as the rules are constantly changing.

This will be a short term game that is meant to be campy and fun and not at all stressful.  Post when you can and if it becomes boring, your muse decides it hates you or you just have to leave let the GM know and you will be voted out at the next Round Table Elimination Ceremony. This is reality TV you can always be brought back or resurrected later if you choose to rejoin the game!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Rules

The following are the rules and regulations set for UPDATE. Please read these thoroughly and understand that by applying it is implied that you understand what you have read and commit to it. While we attempt to keep these rules stagnant throughout the course of the game, if something begins to pose a problem we will make a rule about it and enforce it.

Disclaimer : We reserve the right to add rules as necessary.

• Be excellent to one another. Do not fight. Do not squabble. If an altercation between players occurs, please bring the matter to myself or your residential Co-GM (if I add them) who will periodically patrol the thread for me when I cannot. We will be perfectly happy to sort out the discrepancy between the players and arrive to the most fair and just solution allowed. Do not turn us into a broken family.
  • Do not God Mod another player's character! Due to the nature of the characters it is easy to accidentally cross into this territory. Please do not control their actions. YOU control YOUR character. On that same tangent please do not make yourself invulnerable to everything. Nothing more boring than a “perfect” character.
  • NO PLAYER CHARACTER MAY BE KILLED WITHOUT PLAYER'S EXPLICIT PERMISSION TO DO SO. There is no leeway to this rule. Don't do it.
  • GM CAVEAT TO ABOVE RULE. If you drop or ghost the game your character will be the next character voted off or killed off by the GM.
  • Never, EVER do something to a player's character they do not like. Consult with the player before making a decision that you think might be a bother to them, even if they list it as okay in their Ons and Offs. Communication is paramount between players! Please use it.
  • Communication is important. If you are going to be gone longer than a day or two, please try to notify the GMs. We are very understanding about outside life – Trust me. I, myself, am a Full-Time Worker, Husband and Dad and I go to school part time. I am busy and sometimes it gets hectic. Everyone has lives. That is okay. But let us know so we're not missing you.
  • You are not expected to post once a day. While it isn't expected of you, more posts are undoubtedly appreciated by your fellow players. However, if you know you are getting ready to leave for a week, we ask that you try not to get your character wound up in a plot that is going to change things drastically. That will bog all players and prove to be quite a pain. We ask that all players post, minimum, once a week. A single post within seven days isn't so bad, is it? Quicker is always better and preferred, though.
  • Post Length We fancy individuals that use complete sentences, full thought, and detail their posts with enough for another character to react to. I am not tying certain post lengths to this game, but I beg you not to use one to three line posts. That would be VERY difficult for another player to react to. Use your best judgment, but give enough for the players to respond to. Multi-Paragraph is best. Remember, a paragraph is a construction of thought usually ranging between three to five sentences.
  • Please use tags in the header of your post.All posts should have tags noting who your character is talking too, about or noticing.  This will help people find conversations that involve their characters in threads that may hold multiple conversations.  Acceptable tags are: another character’s name, OPEN or CLOSED.  Open means anyone can join the conversation or scene.  CLOSED means that player does not want the scene interrupted by other players.
  • Players are responsible for not creating Paradoxes. Players are allowed to create multiple scenes for their characters at different times of the day or week simultaneously.  It is the players responsibility of they choose to do this to not create paradoxes by playing multiple scenes that occur at the same time.

Thank you Faustus and Broken Bonds for letting me pilfer much of their rules.

Crash

Characters

- All images should be Fantasy Art or Cosplay (Includes actors from TV and movie in costume).
- No Anime or Cartoon images.
- Only one character per person to start.

All character sheets should be formated like they are the introductions to the show when your character walks in and you hear them talk about themselves.  This introduction should include their name, what they do for a living and all pertinent background information such as history and hobbies and such.  Have fun with it.  Their personality should show through. 

As a foot note include their name, occupation and prized possession.  They will have been asked to bring it with them so make sure it is something they can reasonably carry.  No living (or undead) creatures larger than a familiar please.

[float=left][img height=400 padding=1][/img][/float]
<Introduction Text Here>
[center][size=8pt]Character Name:
Prized Possession: <Text>[/size][/center]

Sample Character Introduction

Voiceover as a man dressed in the rakish finery of swashbuckling thievery gallops up on a dappled white steed and with flashing smile and a deep “Ha-ha!” he swings his leg over and slides from his horse just as it clatters to a stop on the cobblestones that lead up to the open drawbridge.

“And here is Dash Dashington.  Dash is a robber of the rich and a giver to the poor.  The ladies love a man that’s a giver and from what I hear Dash certainly likes to give.  Renowned as the dashing-est swashbuckler who ever swashed and dashed. Dash Dashington is quite the catch, not that any Sherriff has ever been able to capture this eligible highwayman.  However, I hear he makes his men just as merry as his women.

Dash hails from the heart of the Duskwood where rumor has it he and his merry men (and women) keep more than their fair share of his ill-gotten gains.  You can’t have clothes like that on a burglar’s budget that’s for sure.  He cuts quite the dashing figure.

Dash pauses to preen in front of the scrying orb.

In his own words he is but a humble rogue who likes giving to charity, taking long rides in the forest and spending other people’s money.  Better watch out for this one adventurers no heart or wallet is safe when Dash Dashington is around.

Dash tips his hat and bows extravagantly to the scrying orb, before striding across the drawbridge whistling a delightful little tune.

Name: Dash Dashington

Prized Possession: His dashing smile

[float=left][img height=300 padding=2][/img][/float]<Introduction Text Here>
[center][size=8pt]Name:
Prized Possession: <Text>[/size][/center]

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Crash

Excellent!  I am hoping it will be simple and fun for all involved.

Crash