Planeshift: Innistrad (D&D 5.0) (Closed to new interest!)

Started by Roleplay Frog, June 24, 2018, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

...Well I might've found my gal's reference. xD

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Roleplay Frog

-Alright! Character Reviews!-

*listens to relaxing music and reads srs backstories.*

Ruby Fielder
In this specific setting there is little faith beyond the worship of the Avacynian church. However, in the lore at large there is a pretty srs God of Storms, Keranos There are gods of storm and weather, nameless and almost forgotten after the worship of Avacyn 'took over' in protecting Innistrad.
Anyway, sounds kinda more CG to me, restless, driven. The god of storms could be slightly adjusted, angels can be quite zealous in this worls lore, after all.

Either way, no serious complaints on my side, and obviously you can't know the lore, which just makes it more fun. I can work with this. I guess lorewise you are not a learned cleric but an accidential Savant. One thing that kinda makes me hesitate however is a noted dislike for non consensual stuff, is that character-wise only? Gotta talk a bit about that first.

Althaea Ilphelkiir
-A hundred villagers would be able to deal with a wolf.. or they wouldn't have lived to be old, unless the werewolf was someone serious.
I think that could make for an interesting plot, anyway.

Also, bonus points for Shaltear *chuckles* However. I have an issue with her race. *RACIST FROG!*
Nothing in her backstory indicates she ought to be an elf, even the picture looks more human-ish and she reads more like an eldritch knight as well. Why an elf and not a human?

Zoya Amare
-Feel free to assume your character knows a fair bit of
Church lore
The central figure of the church is Avacyn herself, an archangel so pure and extremely powerful that she was able to contain Innistrad's darkness and give humans the faith of true eternal rest-in-peace.

Until recently, the presence of Avacyn was so decisive that faith in her gave real power to the clergy and other faithful, a power that pushed back creatures of evil. The blessed silver weapons could destroy the worst horrors and very powerful runes marked with her symbol protected entire villages. The effectiveness of the church was concrete and visible, a welcome weapon in a world of atrocities.

However, the Archangel Avacyn had not been seen in several seasons, and her absence was starting to be felt with the advancement of darkness. Since Avacyn had disappeared, the prayers were not enough to prevent terrible attacks of werewolves to remote villages. Sacred symbols were unable to stop the vampires from taking advantage of travelers passing through the mountains. The dead were not protected against tampering and resuscitation of the flesh ... alchemists, necromancers and ghoulcallers acted carelessly.

Faith in the church of Avacyn actually works, but there are no formulas that are consistently successful. Saying the mystical words in the right combination will result in protective magic, but some days it works better than others. And sometimes the evil it's warding against is more powerful than other times. The unreliability of the wards and blessings has led to disagreements over dogma. Although there is still only one church, sects have emerged over disagreements about the right way to do things. The goal of the church is safety, not perfection. Humans want to live in reasonable safety until they die, and then they want to remain peacefully in their graves. Cremation is forbidden because it is believed to result in a restless, angry spirit.

In the Church of Avacyn, there is no conception of heaven and hell. The humans of Innistrad do not believe in a heavenly afterlife to reward their past deeds. And their equivalent of hell is a very literal thing: there are actual cracks in the ground where demons dwell. Avacyn is not expected to eliminate evil in the world or to create a perfect life for everyone. Instead, she is the font of safety and protection. She is the authority to whom the faithful must go before something bad happens, to help ward off those evils that have always been a part of the world.
due to her upbringing.
Let's rename Belial into Griselbrand, for reasons that will have no impact on your character whatsoever. Propably. *whistles*
special bonus for you!
Rather than having been invited like other characters, your dreams lead you to the encounter starting the campaign.

I say little, because there is little to call into question. I like.
Approved

Amaric
The Innistrad guide they put out for D&D5 (It's free on drive through RPG if anyone doesn't have it) indicates languages aren't an issue in the setting. Can we trade in languages for other kinds of proficiency? I guess I could use all my languages on exotics, like Infernal/Celestial/whatever.
I'm iffy on trading languages in.

Good alone is not an alignment, you have to add a second axis tendency. Picture should be shrunk down a bit for readability. Grudge haunting huh? *chuckles* I like.
That said,  you should stick with one thing, the hauntening seems more worked out, so let's stick with that?

Backstory could use a snack or two. The basic concept is ok but just a bit.. over the place. For starters, why is he a half elf that claims angelic heritage?

Needs some work, come back at me.

Rosebleue de Sailles
Bit animu. Explanation for the blue hair?
Quotele Marquis de Sailles
I see what you almost did there.
I like the oath of vengeance storyline done convincingly however.
Vampire lore you'd thusly know:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Not all vampires are created equal. Among the existing vampiric bloodlines, some are more common but prestigious whereas some are rare but less respected. There were originally twelve bloodlines, Three of these bloodlines have died out completely. Five others are relatively minor, having sired fewer vampires. The four major bloodlines that remain are:

Markov. This is the bloodline of Edgar Markov and is the most prestigious of the bloodlines. The Markov line has been fairly ambitious in its siring over the many centuries, and as a result the Markov vampires exist in all four of Innistrad's provinces. This isn't to say that all vampires of the Markov line are all high-minded or noble; a bloodline doesn't determine temperament, self-discipline, or restraint. Markov elders seem to have a talent for psychic magic and can achieve the abilities of any other bloodline, given time.

Falkenrath. The Falkenrath line, concentrated more in Stensia than the Markov line, had a famous falconer (now dead) as its progenitor and remains associated with far-reaching activity and predation. Falkenrath vampires are the boldest in walking among humans, taking pleasure in choosing their victims from deep within human communities that consider themselves safe. Falkenrath elders are more likely to master powers of flight than those of other lines.

Voldaren. The progenitor of the Voldaren line, Olivia Voldaren, was in life a beautiful but strange, hermetic, antisocial woman who preferred to live far away from human civilization, in manor homes built for her from her seemingly boundless wealth. Like their progenitor, Voldaren vampires tend to live in the distant places, in the borderlands and edges of Innistrad's provinces. Voldaren elders can more easily master magic that enables them to transform into animal forms, especially those of the bat, cat, and rat.

Stromkirk. Unwilling to take part in the political and social machinations of Stensian vampires, those of the Stromkirk line chose to concentrate their power in Nephalia instead. As a result their disguising glamers are more powerful and more sophisticated. Stromkirk's progenitor, Runo Stromkirk, was a high priest in life who worshipped a pre-Avacynian god of the sea and storms, and Stromkirk vampires still feel a slight affinity with the coast. Some Stromkirk elders have achieved the ability to transform themselves into mist.

Anyway. You gotta explain the blue to me, or pick a different character image, but once you do that.. Approved

Sophia
Visions huhmn.. it'd be ironic if the church that betrayed her was the origin of the vision as well.
Oh my, vixen.

I do want to note that a corrupted church member is the exeption. Sophia would not know this, of course, but it's true. Rankwise, let's say her npc-adversary would have a rank of Bishop, a leader of a larger town, with her father likely having been a sucessful Knight-Inquisitor
[quote Knight-Inquisitors]Knight-Inquisitor of Saint Raban. Taking their name from the legendary investigator and slayer of werewolves, these cathars serve as inquisitors in the classic sense, investigating mysteries and secrets.[/quote]

Anyway, looks good to me, so...
Approved

-This brings us to 3 players, with 3 more needing to iron out stuff for me.
Plot involves werewolves, vampires, and the church as character-personal side quests. works for me. *nodnods*

-putting up an OOC and charsheet for those that got an approval soon. No rush for those that have not quite finished a character yet, there's still time to work on. ^^

VonDoom

Woo!  XD

And I figured Belial because of his erotic associations, but I guess Griseldemonperson works! If he's not too sexy, the intermediary fiend could be the seductive type.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on June 29, 2018, 08:21:01 AM
One thing that kinda makes me hesitate however is a noted dislike for non consensual stuff, is that character-wise only? Gotta talk a bit about that first.

Fraid not. In more serious settings like this one it sort of veers into hard off for me pretty quickly. As that appears to be an issue I think it is best I withdraw the character and wish everyone a good time. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteAnd I figured Belial because of his erotic associations, but I guess Griseldemonperson works! If he's not too sexy, the intermediary fiend could be the seductive type.

You decide: Definitly the real one.

Geesh, never realized how many alternative versions of Griselbrand there were, I might genuinly use one.. :P
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hSIAAOSwu4BVx~cX/s-l400.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/EXMAAOSwPcVVx~5K/s-l400.jpg

QuoteFraid not. In more serious settings like this one it sort of veers into hard off for me pretty quickly. As that appears to be an issue I think it is best I withdraw the character and wish everyone a good time. =)

Well.. Vampires are kinda all about sexy non-con staring and whatnot, plus most players seem to be fine with, or even into these kinda things sooo.. as you please.
You do realize that corruptive and etc themes will also be a theme of my trap campaign as well, right?

----

Also, link to OOC and character threads, yey!
I decided to be subtle with the name.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on June 29, 2018, 08:50:30 AM

Well.. Vampires are kinda all about sexy non-con staring and whatnot, plus most players seem to be fine with, or even into these kinda things sooo.. as you please.
You do realize that corruptive and etc themes will also be a theme of my trap campaign as well, right?

Yup, and I'm cool with it there because its a very silly, tongue in cheek premise. But this seems to be a more grimdark setting which for me requires taking it seriously to a certain extent which also means taking any non con seriously which means I won't enjoy it. But that's just me and how my head works, and I have zero desire to gatekeep the way other people have fun so I mean it when I say please everyone do enjoy it, it just isn't for me that's all!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Roleplay Frog

Hmk, ofc you dun have to join stuff you aren't comfy with.

VonDoom

Aw, man... real shame, that. Rather liked Ruby.

O&O

Roleplay Frog

*chuckles* I wont lure people into vampire bondage-dungeons on the first day, but I get being a bit antsy about what happens to your character so that's how it goes.

VonDoom

... and I totally stole the way Red did her description... as a, uh, tribute I mean! Or something.

O&O

Dreaming Space

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on June 29, 2018, 08:21:01 AM
AmaricI'm iffy on trading languages in.

No problem.

Good alone is not an alignment, you have to add a second axis tendency.

Derp. I forgot they went back to 9-point after 4E. CG?

Picture should be shrunk down a bit for readability. Grudge haunting huh? *chuckles* I like.

Picture shrunk.

I imagine the grudge haunting girl as being, like, cuter than the ghosts were in the actual move, but, in practice, as scary as fucking possible without actually causing significant harm. Amaric treats her as a sounding board basically to put on a show of being brave, ironic, indifferent, etc. But my idea is she does all kinds of creepy shit. I don't know how much ownership you like to share over NPCs, but I do have ideas for her.

Backstory could use a snack or two. The basic concept is ok but just a bit.. over the place. For starters, why is he a half elf that claims angelic heritage?

Huh. I did somehow manage to not include much background.

He doesn't so much "claim" angelic heritage as "demonstrably has angelic heritage." Sorcerer Class + Divine Soul Sorcerous Origin gives angelic ancestor as a possibility. The reason I'm doing it is to give him a hard and undeniable connection to the campaign concept. He wouldn't SAY anything about this because it's tremendously arrogant and attention-seeking to say that he's a distant descendant of Avacyn, even if there's reason to believe it's true.

The half-elf thing is mostly because I like the mechanics. It's the easiest way to get a little magic-ey bloodline stuff, pointy ears, et cetera. My intention is to use the mechanics and reskin it as the effects of a strongly supernatural heritage. Part of why I wanted rid of the Elven language, too. Oh well.

So, stuff I know about him.

His family has a long tradition of being angel/divine-flavored monster-hunting protector types. He was raised into this. They were monster hunters specifically, not just adventurers. There's probably a specific term for this in the Innistrad setting I should look up.

In the years since Avacyn disappeared, that job got a lot harder. There are therefore a lot less of them left. His parents, cousins, etc. have been picked off over the years.

Also the manor/estate house where he grew up is growing dilapidated due to mismanagement and the dismantling of the family. So, even if there wasn't a big quest in the offing, he wouldn't have a lot of reason to stay home.

Stuff I know about him personally already...he fronts a lot. He tries to always appear braver, more prepared, more confident than he actually is. This is probably something that was specifically pounded into him - part of why people like him exist is to help the common folk be brave, so he should never show fear in front of others.

I'll meditate on this and put in some more evocative background stuff tonight.
“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Kathyan

Am I the only non human?

Hakira Rethscale

Extra pics

Name: Hakira Rethscale
Class(es): Bard (aiming towards college of swords)
Race: Dragonborn
Alignment: CG
Description: Strong looking, towering 6 and half feet and extremely shapely built. She has a long thick tail, patches of fiery red scales spread all over her body, two long horns and a pair of vestigial wings.
Fetishes: romance, slave play, pet play, bondage, exhibitionism, coertion, trickery (making her think it is ok to do naughty things), illusions
Dislikes: bath stuff, bloodplay, gore, extreme violence, non sentient beasts.
Backround and Harrowing: Far Traveler - Spared by a monster and don't know why.
Backstory:With no clear destination but decided to make something out of herself by her own Hakira abandoned the nest, as she affectionately called home, leaving behind her loving father who knew that couldn't stop her. He was a human merchant who had a fling with a shapeshifted dragon who did not want to take care of humanoid offspring and so he was left to raise Hakira on his own, a girl who would grow up hearing her father haggle with a wide array of people and listening to every tale adventurers brought with them encouraging her to become one herself and with every story a lesson for her making her have more teachers than anyone else ever had.

But Hakira never recieved any proper training of her own but with all the stories she had heard that posed no obstacle in Hakira's way in her way and claiming an early inheritance from her father she went ahead and picked her gear. She chose at first a heavy knightly armor but found herself unable to use them asking her father to give her instead some lighter and ending with a moderate armor instead which she couldn't manage either but decided she would train in order to be able to and kept it to make hers an heroic tale just as those she loved to hear since she was little.

Quite lively and naive Hakira began to wander the lands spending more time in taverns than in real adventures happily waving her hips to the beat of the tunes to earn herself a living until something happened that would change her life for ever, a strange light that she found one starry night and that left her unconscious for who knows how long. She had no idea she was not in the same place when she woke, or even in the same plane, but the first thing she knew whe she woke up was that some monster was loose and on a killing spree, she wanted to help but found herself unable to do it when she found that creature in the middle of the darkness. She wasn't even able to watch it clearly but just its heavy breath so close to her smooth skin left her her complete frozen in fear.

Additional questions!
What does a true hero look like to your character?: A true hero is always helping the people and making them feel good! (^v^)
What does a true villain look like to your character?: Villains are mean people who wear black clothes to reflect their inner darkness.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 16  (+3) 14+2
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 12 (+2)
Int 08  (-1)
Wis 08 (-1)
Cha 16 (+3) 15+1

HP:18 Armor Class:13 Initiative Bonus:+3 Speed:30'
Strong Saves: Dex+4, Cha+5
Proficiencies: Deception, Insight, Perception, Performance, Persuation
Tools: Flute, Lute, Piano, Dragonchess
Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, long swords, rapiers, short swords

Features:
Draconic Ancestry: Red Dragon
Breath Weapon: 2d6 fire damage, Dex vs 11 for half dmage (1/short rest)
Damage Resistance: Fire

All Eyes on you: Glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance or can gain friendly interest. You can use this to gain access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions.

Spellcasting: DC 13, spell attack +5, Ritual Casting, can use musical instrument as focus.
Bardic Inspiration: 3/long rest, as a bonus action grant 1d6 to an ally, they can roll it within the next 10 minutes and its result to one ability check, attack, or saving throw. Can do so after rolling the die but before the result is announced.
Jack of all Trades: add half your proficiency(rounded down) to any ability check you are not proficient in.
Song of Rest:
add 1d6 hp to the amount you or allies regain at the end of a short rest.

Equipment and items: 4 handaxes, leather armor, scale armor, diplomat's pack, Flute, Lute, Dragonchess, dagger, craftmanship(worth10), crossbow light (20bolts), pouch with 5 gp.
Attacks crossbow +4; axe, dagger +5, Damage: crossbow 1d8+2, axe 1d6+3, dagger 1d4+3 (offhand: axe 1d6, dagger 1d4)

Spellcasting:
Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Vicious Mockery

Grade 1: Dissonant whispers, Healing word, Heroism, Sleep, Speak with animals(R)

Random notez!

I was actually looking for Lestat but then stumbled upon Alucard and he is cute too. ^^

VonDoom

Oh wow, two mental dump stats. Poor dear.  :P ;D

O&O

Kathyan

Quote from: VonDoom on June 29, 2018, 01:52:57 PM
Oh wow, two mental dump stats. Poor dear.  :P ;D
Yeah a ditzy and naive adventurer who wants to become a hero but also happens to be a monster girl, so many ways to take advantage of her ^^. Too bad I receive Insight from my background, um maybe Frog can allow me to change that one :P

Stendarr

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on June 29, 2018, 08:21:01 AMAlthaea Ilphelkiir
-A hundred villagers would be able to deal with a wolf.. or they wouldn't have lived to be old, unless the werewolf was someone serious.
I think that could make for an interesting plot, anyway.

Also, bonus points for Shaltear *chuckles* However. I have an issue with her race. *RACIST FROG!*
Nothing in her backstory indicates she ought to be an elf, even the picture looks more human-ish and she reads more like an eldritch knight as well. Why an elf and not a human?

I was definitely thinking that the werewolf was a big bad guy. With like an entourage of a couple other werewolves. I have an idea for that so I'll change that part up.

I made her an elf because I wanted to do bladesinging, but seeing as we have another Wizard anyway I think I'll do a human fighter that does dual wielding. I was planning on doing like Eldritch Knight 4/ Bladesinger 6, but pure Eldritch Knight is just as good. Maybe if the Frog is benevolent I can do bladesinging as a human so I can do like EK 8/ BS 2.

The changes are done now for whenever you wanna look at her again.

Chulanowa

I'm going to withdraw interest; nothing is congealing, unless we really want another warlock or wizard  :P

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Kathyan on June 29, 2018, 01:35:21 PM
Am I the only non human?

Hakira Rethscale

Extra pics

Name: Hakira Rethscale
Class(es): Bard (aiming towards college of swords)
Race: Dragonborn
Alignment: CG
Description: Strong looking, towering 6 and half feet and extremely shapely built. She has a long thick tail, patches of fiery red scales spread all over her body, two long horns and a pair of vestigial wings.
Fetishes: romance, slave play, pet play, bondage, exhibitionism, coertion, trickery (making her think it is ok to do naughty things), illusions
Dislikes: bath stuff, bloodplay, gore, extreme violence, non sentient beasts.
Backround and Harrowing: Far Traveler - Spared by a monster and don't know why.
Backstory:With no clear destination but decided to make something out of herself by her own Hakira abandoned the nest, as she affectionately called home, leaving behind her loving father who knew that couldn't stop her. He was a human merchant who had a fling with a shapeshifted dragon who did not want to take care of humanoid offspring and so he was left to raise Hakira on his own, a girl who would grow up hearing her father haggle with a wide array of people and listening to every tale adventurers brought with them encouraging her to become one herself and with every story a lesson for her making her have more teachers than anyone else ever had.

But Hakira never recieved any proper training of her own but with all the stories she had heard that posed no obstacle in Hakira's way in her way and claiming an early inheritance from her father she went ahead and picked her gear. She chose at first a heavy knightly armor but found herself unable to use them asking her father to give her instead some lighter and ending with a moderate armor instead which she couldn't manage either but decided she would train in order to be able to and kept it to make hers an heroic tale just as those she loved to hear since she was little.

Quite lively and naive Hakira began to wander the lands spending more time in taverns than in real adventures happily waving her hips to the beat of the tunes to earn herself a living until something happened that would change her life for ever, a strange light that she found one starry night and that left her unconscious for who knows how long. She had no idea she was not in the same place when she woke, or even in the same plane, but the first thing she knew whe she woke up was that some monster was loose and on a killing spree, she wanted to help but found herself unable to do it when she found that creature in the middle of the darkness. She wasn't even able to watch it clearly but just its heavy breath so close to her smooth skin left her her complete frozen in fear.

Additional questions!
What does a true hero look like to your character?: A true hero is always helping the people and making them feel good! (^v^)
What does a true villain look like to your character?: Villains are mean people who wear black clothes to reflect their inner darkness.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 16  (+3) 14+2
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 12 (+2)
Int 08  (-1)
Wis 08 (-1)
Cha 16 (+3) 15+1

HP:18 Armor Class:13 Initiative Bonus:+3 Speed:30'
Strong Saves: Dex+4, Cha+5
Proficiencies: Deception, Insight, Perception, Performance, Persuation
Tools: Flute, Lute, Piano, Dragonchess
Languages: Common, Draconic, Infernal
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, long swords, rapiers, short swords

Features:
Draconic Ancestry: Red Dragon
Breath Weapon: 2d6 fire damage, Dex vs 11 for half dmage (1/short rest)
Damage Resistance: Fire

All Eyes on you: Glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance or can gain friendly interest. You can use this to gain access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions.

Spellcasting: DC 13, spell attack +5, Ritual Casting, can use musical instrument as focus.
Bardic Inspiration: 3/long rest, as a bonus action grant 1d6 to an ally, they can roll it within the next 10 minutes and its result to one ability check, attack, or saving throw. Can do so after rolling the die but before the result is announced.
Jack of all Trades: add half your proficiency(rounded down) to any ability check you are not proficient in.
Song of Rest:
add 1d6 hp to the amount you or allies regain at the end of a short rest.

Equipment and items: 4 handaxes, leather armor, scale armor, diplomat's pack, Flute, Lute, Dragonchess, dagger, craftmanship(worth10), crossbow light (20bolts), pouch with 5 gp.
Attacks crossbow +4; axe, dagger +5, Damage: crossbow 1d8+2, axe 1d6+3, dagger 1d4+3 (offhand: axe 1d6, dagger 1d4)

Spellcasting:
Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Vicious Mockery

Grade 1: Dissonant whispers, Healing word, Heroism, Sleep, Speak with animals(R)

Random notez!

I was actually looking for Lestat but then stumbled upon Alucard and he is cute too. ^^

In my experience aasimar look pretty human when not using magic or their other worldly abilities. :3

So she’s gonna look relatively human but is anything but, just like half elves. xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Roleplay Frog

Amaric the second

QuoteDerp. I forgot they went back to 9-point after 4E. CG?

That seriously tanked your chances just now. The fourth is unforgivable.

QuoteHe doesn't so much "claim" angelic heritage as "demonstrably has angelic heritage." Sorcerer Class + Divine Soul Sorcerous Origin gives angelic ancestor as a possibility.

The half-elf thing is mostly because I like the mechanics. It's the easiest way to get a little magic-ey bloodline stuff, pointy ears, et cetera. My intention is to use the mechanics and reskin it as the effects of a strongly supernatural heritage. Part of why I wanted rid of the Elven language, too. Oh well.

Yeah I think based on your response and overall approach I can feel comfortable denying the character, cute as the grudge-girl idea might be.

He is denied.

What he demonstrably does or does not have ties to is -my- call alone. You make very clear that mechanics are more important than roleplay cohesion by putting half-elves before aasimar, the logical choice for angel born. You do not want to roleplay an angelic bloodline, your backstory and backstory additions clearly indicate that, you just want power. If you want a strong supernatural heritage that is something you should have checked up on with me first things first either way.
For future campaigns, try to remember this advice: A character is not strong by being awesome by birth, but by putting effort into overcoming obstacles. I'll take the liberty of quoting from Kathyan to give you an idea of an engaging character:
QuoteShe chose at first a heavy knightly armor but found herself unable to use them asking her father to give her instead some lighter and ending with a moderate armor instead which she couldn't manage either but decided she would train in order to be able to and kept it to make hers an heroic tale just as those she loved to hear since she was little.

Lets move on to another reskin of something existing...

Hakira Rethscale
QuoteAm I the only non human?
Well, now that I shooed elves that wanted to be elves for mechanical reasons, yes. :p
QuoteVillains are mean people who wear black clothes to reflect their inner darkness.

*chuckles*
Anyway. So she's a large Dragon gal, how do people react to her? You are basically running around, going by the pics, as something that any average superstitious villager mistakes for a devil. now, there are a few dragons in Innistrad, but still. Moreso with her 'all eyes on you' trait, how do you think that would play out in the campaign?
Let's say you face a bunch of people going 'we dun want your kind here, demonspawn!' what do you do?

Althea Brightwood the second
QuoteI made her an elf because I wanted to do bladesinging.

You are lucky you changed to human, because that right there would be a reason for me to to deny your character, see above. While I am quite open to discussing acess to different prestige classes and abilities down the line, for now 'I do the race because I want power X' uncaring of lore is not cool, not in a more srs campaign like this one, anyway.

As is, the story fits a lot better. Character Approved. Make sure to put the work in to prove my trust right, first post has the ooc and charsheet things.

QuoteI'm going to withdraw interest; nothing is congealing, unless we really want another warlock or wizard  :P

Meh, if you prefer.. *chuckles* we do have a bit of weight on spellcasting if I paid attention though, yes.

Florence

Is there still room in this?

I've got posts to make, but I've been craving gothic horror tbh.

I don't have any character ideas jumping out at me, but if there's still room I might try to think something up after I've caught up on my posts for the day.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Roleplay Frog

VonDoom

Wooow, kinda harsh -- 'I wanna do a character who does magic, so I'll play a wizard' is basically the same thing as the bladesinging statement. Of course, the character should then take any considerations that come about due to this into account, so never mind if that was the problem, kinda getting a bit late for me and should probably go to bed.  ;D

O&O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: VonDoom on June 29, 2018, 04:29:44 PM
Wooow, kinda harsh -- 'I wanna do a character who does magic, so I'll play a wizard' is basically the same thing as the bladesinging statement. Of course, the character should then take any considerations that come about due to this into account, so never mind if that was the problem, kinda getting a bit late for me and should probably go to bed.  ;D

A bladesinger that is not an elf is an unusual backround, which requires DM cooperation. I am willing to give that, and more, and allow lewder approaches to classical themes and whatnot.
However. I will not allow someone to play a human wearing an elf-skin for a desired ability, moreso in a setting were elves are more or less extinct.
Race is a pretty crucial aspect of a character concept and I would deny any character that ignores that.

VonDoom

Definitely agreed on the crucial aspect -- didn't know elves were almost extinct for this. That's certainly different than the default D&D assumption of elves ranging from 'basically longer lived humans' to 'aloof magical beings living in magical tree-cities'.

O&O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: VonDoom on June 29, 2018, 04:44:31 PM
Definitely agreed on the crucial aspect -- didn't know elves were almost extinct for this. That's certainly different than the default D&D assumption of elves ranging from 'basically longer lived humans' to 'aloof magical beings living in magical tree-cities'.

Elves are like vampires in that their rules change every other day in every other setting. In more 'casual' games, I'm super ok with them basically being 'Hey I don't need to sleep btw'  humans with an ear-fetish.

I allow all races and classes, but that doesn't make everything equally likely.
The reasons I didn't give a huge lore-dump on all the Innistrad races is 1- I don't want to exhaust people before things even start and 2- Despite what the approval process, a necessity for the campaign imo, indicates, I'm rather flexible in allowing different details to shine through.

Like, right now, the campaign seems to shape up with a pretty strong interest in dark/romantic partners that are also up for doing lewd things to you. Someone that's romantic with a devil might have different.. side effects than a vampire bride, mechanics wise and all. :P

Chulanowa

Weeeeell, if we're down a sorcerer and one wizard is going to be swinging sharp things around, y'know what? Heck with it! HECK I say!

I just gotta figure out exactly how to write the character, but I'm going for either a wild magic sorcerer or a Chaos Patron warlock (or maybe both, you don't know!) who was abducted by a hag.