Sultry Texas Nights: Interest Check (QUILTBAG welcome)

Started by Phoenixrisen, May 28, 2018, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

Hello and welcome to the Ranch!

Feel free to make yourself comfortable around the bonfire. If that's not to your liking, then you can feel free to check out the farmhouse or the barn. If those don't appeal, maybe you'd be happier going for a swim? I know I like to get a little wet when things get hot and humid. If that's the case, there's a beautiful swimming hole a short drive away, while you're out maybe you'd like to take advantage of the big open sky to do a little stargazing?

Boombox available upon request.
Please note that song requests are always welcome.

Welcome to the Triple D Ranch. The bonfire here has been a nightly tradition for almost a hundred years now. In that time it became the place in the country to go after a long hard day, there was always plenty of great company, a very welcoming atmosphere, and ample refreshments, though if you wanna bring something by, feel free. Over the years many couples met around that old fire pit. That's how it became the spot to find love while having a little country fun, not all of it so innocent. Hay lofts aren't just for hay. Just stay away from the bull, he's real mean.

We do have a few rules here on the ranch.
1) We allow noncon here, but if it's not negotiated before time, you will be thrown to the bull.
2)There are all sorts of lovely creatures here, they're not for sexual gratification. well, the animals anyway.
3) All site rules apply, of course, especially civility. Everyone has more fun when we're at least tolerant of each other.

This is going to be run very sandbox style, much like a socializing thread. Nice and laid back and fun. If you're interested post here and PM a character sheet my way.

Character sheet:
[float=left][img height=200]Your image here[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i]This can be just a few lines, just a little bit about who they are.[/i]

[b]History:[/b][i] This can be as brief as where they're from and anything notable about their past if there is something.[/i]

Example:
Name:Sarah Nimmons

Sexuality:Pansexual

Personality: Sarah is the hardworking type, when the day is done however she's ready to play. While drugs aren't used, she doesn't allow that stuff at her bonfire, she likes to play hard. What that looks like on any given day is going to depend on that given day. Some days she's talkative and sweet, others she's quiet and just wants a little lovin'.

History: Sarah lives and works on her Daddy's farm. He manages the financial end and paperwork and she spends her days working with the ranch hands, and she enjoys every second of physical labor that her day entails. Some might disagree, but there was calm to be found in mucking a stall or riding a fence line.

We have a character sheet thread now! For approved characters.
After your character is approved, feel free to stop on by our OOC thread to chatter plan and plot to your heart's content.
Once you've got an approved character and have done the chattering, plotting and planning that you're interested in doing, feel free to stop in and post in our IC..
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Caradoc

Submitted for GM Approval

Name: Josh Doctrow
Sexuality: Straight
Personality Josh is a laid back, easy-going, actual cowboy. He works on a nearby horse ranch as a trainer, occasionally leading trail rides through the area for paying tourists. Josh enjoys good times, friends, and is something of a joker. He does his job, but when work is over, it’s time for fun.

History: Josh was born in Bexar county outside San Antonio. He’s never been burning with ambition, and avoids cities when he can. He likes the slower pace of the country, and often gets along better with animals than some people. But he enjoys the gatherings at Triple D and comes by to see who’s doing what and find himself something fun to get up to.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Caradoc on May 28, 2018, 02:35:36 PM
Submitted for GM Approval

Name: Josh Doctrow
Sexuality: Straight
Personality Josh is a laid back, easy-going, actual cowboy. He works on a nearby horse ranch as a trainer, occasionally leading trail rides through the area for paying tourists. Josh enjoys good times, friends, and is something of a joker. He does his job, but when work is over, it’s time for fun.

History: Josh was born in Bexar county outside San Antonio. He’s never been burning with ambition, and avoids cities when he can. He likes the slower pace of the country, and often gets along better with animals than some people. But he enjoys the gatherings at Triple D and comes by to see who’s doing what and find himself something fun to get up to.

Approved.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

HockeyGod

Definitely doing up a character and spreading the word!

lux89

Name: Mitch Chance
Faceclaim: Gary "Leo" Taylor
Sexuality: Gay
Personality: Man of very few drawling words. If yer lucky, he can form a sentence that ain't a fragment,
one that makes a lick of sense. Always drunk and nearby a Pabst or Coors beer can. Only eats grilled meat
and vegetables. Obsessed with the next tattoo, and always up for skinny-dipping in the swimming hole.
On the prowl even at work, keeping both eyes wide and peeled for a hot-blooded American husband.

History: Grew up with his grandparents on their ranch down the dirt road. Inherited said ranch
and the gas station near town. He helps pump up people's cars and supplies them snacks and the like.
He is also a good mechanic, may it be vehicles, RVs, tractors, ATVs, or boats. Known for his fireworks.

Extra Pics

Brought here by HockeyGod :)  Giddyap

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: lux89 on May 28, 2018, 10:03:52 PM
Name: Mitch Chance
Faceclaim: Gary "Leo" Taylor
Personality: Man of very few drawling words. If yer lucky, he can form a sentence that ain't a fragment,
one that makes a lick of sense. Always drunk and nearby a Pabst or Coors beer can. Only eats grilled meat
and vegetables. Obsessed with the next tattoo, and always up for skinny-dipping in the swimming hole.
On the prowl even at work, keeping both eyes wide and peeled for a hot-blooded American husband.

History: Grew up with his grandparents on their ranch down the dirt road. Inherited said ranch
and the gas station near town. He helps pump up people's cars and supplies them snacks and the like.
He is also a good mechanic, may it be vehicles, RVs, tractors, ATVs, or boats. Known for his fireworks.

Extra Pics

Brought here by HockeyGod :)  Giddyap

He is amazing! I look forward to him drinking all Sarah's beer. ::)
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

lux89

Heck yea beer kegs!! I'm betting he had to give away all his grandparents' animals to Sarah :D

RampantDesires

Name: Raelynn Scott
Sexuality: Pan
Personality: A friendly little thing Rae will chat with anyone about anything until they tell her to shut up. For all her surface flightiness she's actually pretty damn calm and collected in tense situations, isn't at all squicked out by blood and other 'gross things' (which is good otherwise she'd be absolute crap at her job). She is hopelessly bad at cooking and relies upon the kindness of friends (or strangers) and SO MUCH take out to keep herself fed.

History:  Rae graduated just within the last year with an associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology up in Colorado.  Thanks to a bad break up and general 'it is time to move the fuck on' feelings she's packed up and moved across the country and is pretty new to town (a few months perhaps).  She is trying to balance the new 'responsible adult with student loan payments' and the urge to go a little wild now that she's out on her own for pretty much the first time in her life. Having a little trouble adjusting to the smaller town pace, but she loves the weather, the god damned Texas drawl that never fails to make her knees a little weak, and thankfully her new job.

Other Images

Gigi Hadid

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: lux89 on May 28, 2018, 10:21:08 PM
Heck yea beer kegs!! I'm betting he had to give away all his grandparents' animals to Sarah :D

Nah, she wouldn't bankrupt a ranch like that. Though I imagine she's got access to his stallions and bull(s) for breeding whenever she'd like.

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 29, 2018, 03:44:50 AM
Name: Raelynn Scott
Sexuality: Pan
Personality: A friendly little thing Rae will chat with anyone about anything until they tell her to shut up. For all her surface flightiness she's actually pretty damn calm and collected in tense situations, isn't at all squicked out by blood and other 'gross things' (which is good otherwise she'd be absolute crap at her job). She is hopelessly bad at cooking and relies upon the kindness of friends (or strangers) and SO MUCH take out to keep herself fed.

History:  Rae graduated just within the last year with an associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology up in Colorado.  Thanks to a bad break up and general 'it is time to move the fuck on' feelings she's packed up and moved across the country and is pretty new to town (a few months perhaps).  She is trying to balance the new 'responsible adult with student loan payments' and the urge to go a little wild now that she's out on her own for pretty much the first time in her life. Having a little trouble adjusting to the smaller town pace, but she loves the weather, the god damned Texas drawl that never fails to make her knees a little weak, and thankfully her new job.

Other Images

Gigi Hadid

Woot! A vet! With all the ranchers and farmers that we're likely to draw, that's a good thing to have around.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Hey y'all sorry to double post on ya, but we now have a place to store our characters so they don't get lost in the thread it can be found right here. Whenever y'all have the time and inclination.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

RampantDesires

Well, sorta :-)

*nods* I was trying to think of something that would let her be new to the area, but still have instant connections.

I would not be adverse to someone playing an older actual vet character, her boss who she can have the biggest of crushes upon and convince to come out and play with her friends upon occasion ::)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Phoenixrisen

I doubt it will be an issue, but if we can't find a taker I'm sure I could come up with something...
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Cryptic

I might be interested, just gotta work up the courage. Lol
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Phoenixrisen

We'll be happy to have you whenever you're ready to dip your toes in.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

TroyJordan80

Name:Eli Moore
Sexuality:Straight
Personality: Eli is quite keeps to himself a lot. The epitome of an American cowboy, he works hard and plays hard. He likes his Jack straight from the bottle. Even though he’s quite once he knows you he’ll open up a bit. A charmer of the ladies when he’s had a few shots.

History: He owns one of the biggest ranches around. His parents died fairly young leaving Eli quite well off. Rodeoing was in his blood during his twenties, quite an accomplished saddle bronc rider amassing a couple world championship buckles.

Doomblade403xxx

Jennifer Thornton:
Sexuality: Straight/Bi Curious
Personality: She is a fun loving girl who will go out of her way to help family or friends. She is also the least judgmental person you will ever meet who tends to make friends anywhere she goes.

History: When she was a Freshman in high school she lost her mother to cancer. Her father is a prominent rancher in the area, and instead of going to college she has stayed home to help him run the business end of the ranch. He gets onto her occasionally for working too hard, and tells her she needs to go out and find a boy to date. She was a cheerleader in high school and has maintained her athleticism post graduation. She often drives out of her way to buy liquor with her fake I.D. and makes a smooth jello shot.

Cryptic

Woohoo two more victims ER I mean people to join the party. Lol
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Cryptic on May 30, 2018, 08:44:07 AM
Woohoo two more victims ER I mean people to join the party. Lol

Yep just waiting for approval :P

Phoenixrisen

Eli Moore
Quote from: TroyJordan80 on May 29, 2018, 11:32:27 PM
Name:Eli Moore
Sexuality:Straight
Personality: Eli is quite keeps to himself a lot. The epitome of an American cowboy, he works hard and plays hard. He likes his Jack straight from the bottle. Even though he’s quite once he knows you he’ll open up a bit. A charmer of the ladies when he’s had a few shots.

History: He owns one of the biggest ranches around. His parents died fairly young leaving Eli quite well off. Rodeoing was in his blood during his twenties, quite an accomplished saddle bronc rider amassing a couple world championship buckles.

Jennifer Thornton
Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on May 29, 2018, 11:46:15 PM
Jennifer Thornton:
Sexuality: Straight/Bi Curious
Personality: She is a fun loving girl who will go out of her way to help family or friends. She is also the least judgmental person you will ever meet who tends to make friends anywhere she goes.

History: When she was a Freshman in high school she lost her mother to cancer. Her father is a prominent rancher in the area, and instead of going to college she has stayed home to help him run the business end of the ranch. He gets onto her occasionally for working too hard, and tells her she needs to go out and find a boy to date. She was a cheerleader in high school and has maintained her athleticism post graduation. She often drives out of her way to buy liquor with her fake I.D. and makes a smooth jello shot.

Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on May 30, 2018, 08:47:32 AM
Yep just waiting for approval :P

Here it is. You both are approved. Feel free to chatter here, for now, and to post your characters into the character sheet thread, there's a link in the first post. :)

Welcome to the fun.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

Also, again sorry for the double post, but we have an OOC! I repeat we have an OOC, head on over and chatter, plot and plan to your heart's content, I'm planning to have our IC posted up today or early  tomorrow, the link will be available in the first post of this thread as well as the poked about in the OOC when it's posted.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

SweetBabyxo

Name: Alessandra Del Vecchio.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Personality: While she wasn't the ''queen bee'' in high school, she's the kind of the girl that seems to get all the attention when she walks into a room. Yet she would rather not have all the attention. She's fiercely loyal once she befriends you but that does take some time to earn her trust. She's free-spirited and wild but a deep thinker. She kind of enjoys being a bit of a contradiction.

History:She was born a country girl and has been raised on farms till she got a scholarship to go to New York. She fell in love with the city life and has lost that innocent country girl look she had before. Her parents owned a neighboring ranch and when her mother died, her father gambled away everything and had no choice but to sell the family farm. Those events led her to leaving the ranch and her family soon after receiving her scholarship. She does miss the ranch life and is hoping to land a job back on the ranch. She likes horses and prefers to work with the hard to break ones since she sees a bit of herself in those kinds of horses. Fed up with the fast paced city life she once led, she's back at the ranch to see if settling down would work for her. and to have a steady source of income.

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: SweetBabyxo on May 30, 2018, 04:19:26 PM
Name: Alessandra Del Vecchio.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Personality: While she wasn't the ''queen bee'' in high school, she's the kind of the girl that seems to get all the attention when she walks into a room. Yet she would rather not have all the attention. She's fiercely loyal once she befriends you but that does take some time to earn her trust. She's free-spirited and wild but a deep thinker. She kind of enjoys being a bit of a contradiction.

History:She was born a country girl and has been raised on farms till she got a scholarship to go to New York. She fell in love with the city life and has lost that innocent country girl look she had before. Her parents owned a neighboring ranch and when her mother died, her father gambled away everything and had no choice but to sell the family farm. Those events led her to leaving the ranch and her family soon after receiving her scholarship. She does miss the ranch life and is hoping to land a job back on the ranch. She likes horses and prefers to work with the hard to break ones since she sees a bit of herself in those kinds of horses. Fed up with the fast paced city life she once led, she's back at the ranch to see if settling down would work for her. and to have a steady source of income.

Approved!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for a character Chreestafer. I think we're at our limit for ranch owners though, only so many ranches will fit into a county, so keep that in mind.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

Would the possibility to be one of Sarah's ranch hands be open?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

That is certainly a possibility and we've also got a few other ranchers who you could possibly work for as well.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

How about you work up a character and then if approved you can chat in the OOC to see if anyone there needs a ranch hand. No approved ranch hand/etc will be left to float homeless, if no one else will take them then the Triple D has room.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

Name: Kyler Bishop
Sexuality: Pan-curious
Personality: Ky is the quiet type, showing up for work on time or even earlier than scheduled and putting in a hard days work.  More often than not he stays late to make sure his duties are done.  He's not really the life of the party, not wanting the spot light on himself.  However that doesn't mean he isn't talkative.  In fact he can often be found singing with his guitar at the local bar on Thursday evenings, that is of course if he is able to get all his work finished.

History: Kyler grew up never knowing his parents.  They were both sadly killed in an accident when he turned just three years old, happy birthday him.  However, he was luck enough to be raised by two loving grand parents whom which worked constantly to make his life as easy as possible.  The lived on a small corn farm just outside of town, and besides the normal duties of owning such a place, they older couple owned the local small time book store, mainly a hole in the wall with books.  When Kyler turned 17 his grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and soon passed, months later the bills piled up so much they had to sell the small farm and move into the small apartment above the bookstore.  Currently where they reside to be truthful.  Ky's aspirations are to make enough money as a Ranch hand to move out on his own but still care for his grandmother.  Plus he hopes one day that his talents in singing might take him to the big league so that money will never be an issue again

Extra Photos

Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Chreestafer on May 30, 2018, 09:00:26 PM
Name: Kyler Bishop
Sexuality: Pan-curious
Personality: Ky is the quiet type, showing up for work on time or even earlier than scheduled and putting in a hard days work.  More often than not he stays late to make sure his duties are done.  He's not really the life of the party, not wanting the spot light on himself.  However that doesn't mean he isn't talkative.  In fact he can often be found singing with his guitar at the local bar on Thursday evenings, that is of course if he is able to get all his work finished.

History: Kyler grew up never knowing his parents.  They were both sadly killed in an accident when he turned just three years old, happy birthday him.  However, he was luck enough to be raised by two loving grand parents whom which worked constantly to make his life as easy as possible.  The lived on a small corn farm just outside of town, and besides the normal duties of owning such a place, they older couple owned the local small time book store, mainly a hole in the wall with books.  When Kyler turned 17 his grandfather was diagnosed with cancer and soon passed, months later the bills piled up so much they had to sell the small farm and move into the small apartment above the bookstore.  Currently where they reside to be truthful.  Ky's aspirations are to make enough money as a Ranch hand to move out on his own but still care for his grandmother.  Plus he hopes one day that his talents in singing might take him to the big league so that money will never be an issue again

Extra Photos

He is amazing, I love him! Approved!
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chreestafer

YAY ME!

haha, so who wants to hire good old Kyler? hehe
Ons and Offs
F-List

Phoenixrisen

I appreciate your enthusiasm! Next step is to get your character to the characters thread, after that go on ahead and chatter, plot, and plan with the rest of the folks in our OOC thread.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Phoenixrisen

As a general note, I'm still open to new applicants, but it would be great if they could come from other walks of life than ranch/farm work. Something like this includes everyone who wants to show up. That includes townies, teachers, feed store owners/workers. Bartenders, bar owners, the list goes on. By all means if someone wants to make a ranch/farm hand, they're most welcome to, but we could use a little diversity if you're up for it.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Devilyn Sydhe

This idea has caught my interest so I thought I'd try throwing my Stetson into the ring.  Hope Travis will work alright and I'm completely open to any and all connections.

Name:Travis 'Tex' Williams
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:Travis is a fun loving overgrown kid whose only true focus since he was a child has been on the one great religion in Texas, football.  The brief time he has outside of his church is spent in search of a good woman and a better time.  Despite the success he has attained, now on a full ride scholarship at the University of Texas, Travis is still that good old boy willing to offer a helping hand whenever needed.  He knows just about all the ranchers in the area through years of summer jobs though he never became more than an adequate horseman.  It's not fear but a healthy respect for the animal, at least that's what he'd tell anyone who wonders..

History: Travis is finally escaping the shadow of his father, who was a local high school football legend himself.  He loves the man dearly, but he is also a bit weary from the pressure to succeed his dad has exerted upon him as far back as Travis can remember.  He would never say a word, though, as he realizes his dad only wants for Travis what a bad knee stole from him.  With the concern of his senior season and whether he will be able to reach the next level, Travis is coming to the bonfire to blow off a load of steam and drink the world off his mind.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: KalebHyde on May 30, 2018, 10:21:07 PM
This idea has caught my interest so I thought I'd try throwing my Stetson into the ring.  Hope Travis will work alright and I'm completely open to any and all connections.

Name:Travis 'Tex' Williams
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:Travis is a fun loving overgrown kid whose only true focus since he was a child has been on the one great religion in Texas, football.  The brief time he has outside of his church is spent in search of a good woman and a better time.  Despite the success he has attained, now on a full ride scholarship at the University of Texas, Travis is still that good old boy willing to offer a helping hand whenever needed.  He knows just about all the ranchers in the area through years of summer jobs though he never became more than an adequate horseman.  It's not fear but a healthy respect for the animal, at least that's what he'd tell anyone who wonders..

History: Travis is finally escaping the shadow of his father, who was a local high school football legend himself.  He loves the man dearly, but he is also a bit weary from the pressure to succeed his dad has exerted upon him as far back as Travis can remember.  He would never say a word, though, as he realizes his dad only wants for Travis what a bad knee stole from him.  With the concern of his senior season and whether he will be able to reach the next level, Travis is coming to the bonfire to blow off a load of steam and drink the world off his mind.

I like him, he is approved. Feel free to post his sheet to the character sheet thread and stop on by the OOC to chatter plot and plan whenever you're ready.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Caradoc

Name: Doctor Josiah “Joe” Buxton
Sexuality: straight
Personality: He’s quiet to a point, but has a biting sense of humor that usually comes out when he’s annoyed. He has a very low opinion of people who can’t take care of their animals, and the few in the area who actually abuse them... well, folks still talk about him beating Fred Williams down over what he did to a dog. After you get to know him, he warms up to people.

History: Joe served two tours in the army, where he got a lot of medical training. Sickened by what he saw in Afghanistan, and people in general, he became a veterinarian when he got out. He’s quite happy to be back in a small town, and likes the quiet. His business has been doing well enough that he recently hired an assistant, and they’re still getting used to each other. He’s utterly unaware of her feelings for him... so far.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Caradoc on May 31, 2018, 09:21:50 AM
Name: Doctor Josiah “Joe” Buxton
Sexuality: straight
Personality: He’s quiet to a point, but has a biting sense of humor that usually comes out when he’s annoyed. He has a very low opinion of people who can’t take care of their animals, and the few in the area who actually abuse them... well, folks still talk about him beating Fred Williams down over what he did to a dog. After you get to know him, he warms up to people.

History: Joe served two tours in the army, where he got a lot of medical training. Sickened by what he saw in Afghanistan, and people in general, he became a veterinarian when he got out. He’s quite happy to be back in a small town, and likes the quiet. His business has been doing well enough that he recently hired an assistant, and they’re still getting used to each other. He’s utterly unaware of her feelings for him... so far.

He's great. Approved.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

HockeyGod

Name: Trevor Bates
Personality: Trevor is by nature very laid back. This works well as a new rural sheriff. He’s able to maintain his cool and ignore things that might stoke emotions or provocation in others. As a new sheriff, Trevor has insecurities about being successful in the job – but these insecurities are hidden quite well. Trevor also doesn’t sweat the small stuff. For example, he’d look past an underage drinker as long as the drinker wasn’t hurting self or other. He is after all charged with protecting the peace.

History: Trevor was the youngest of four boys and early on in life understood that he was the proverbial runt. With others in line before him, Trevor knew he would never inherit the ranch. Even if divided (which his family would never do), he would only get a small parcel of land. It didn’t help that he didn’t have interest in settling down and starting a family like his brothers. Early in life his uncle, who had no children, took him under his wing. Trevor’s uncle, Sam, was the sheriff. Being appointed sheriff gave Trevor much of the respect he didn’t get as a child.

More Pics

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: HockeyGod on May 31, 2018, 07:00:34 PM
Name: Trevor Bates
Personality: Trevor is by nature very laid back. This works well as a new rural sheriff. He’s able to maintain his cool and ignore things that might stoke emotions or provocation in others. As a new sheriff, Trevor has insecurities about being successful in the job – but these insecurities are hidden quite well. Trevor also doesn’t sweat the small stuff. For example, he’d look past an underage drinker as long as the drinker wasn’t hurting self or other. He is after all charged with protecting the peace.

History: Trevor was the youngest of four boys and early on in life understood that he was the proverbial runt. With others in line before him, Trevor knew he would never inherit the ranch. Even if divided (which his family would never do), he would only get a small parcel of land. It didn’t help that he didn’t have interest in settling down and starting a family like his brothers. Early in life his uncle, who had no children, took him under his wing. Trevor’s uncle, Sam, was the sheriff. Being appointed sheriff gave Trevor much of the respect he didn’t get as a child.

More Pics

Approved! Feel free to plop him on over into character's thread and start plotting, planning and chattering with everyone in the OOC.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Elahdon

Ons and Offs // Roleplay Requests

Currently seeking new stories

Phoenixrisen

Yes, we are! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. We are just about to start posting though, so you might be smidgen late to the bonfire, but it's a bonfire, it come when you can.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Phoenixrisen

I look forward to seeing the character you come up with.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Ambie

I was leaning toward offering up a young city girl who's parents moved out this way, so its a bit of culture shock for her?

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Sye

Name: Sakura Nakamura (Richardson – Father’s Last name)
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Personality: Sakura is what people call a workaholic. She keeps her professional and personal relationships separate from each other and comes off as sporadic, yet organized. She does know how to have fun, but with not much time on her hands, fun takes a back seat. Granted, her passion in her work makes up for it. She is competitive and hates to lose, but not a bad sport as she rolls with the punches. If pushed, she does have a temper and just as quickly as it came it can disappear.

History: Sakura was raised in Texas and had the last name of Richardson, as her parents were owners of their own ranch dealing with cattle and growing crops. After a couple of years of bad crops brought some issues for the family as her father picked up drinking and the marriage and family dynamics became toxic. When her mother finally had enough, she grabbed Sakura and left. Leaving everything behind and moved back to Japan, having her leave her friends at the age of 11.

Living in Japan she took on archery to help with some of her anger issues and a way to destress. Sakura also participated in mounted archery and starting at age 17, began to compete throughout Japan and internationally. At the age of 24, her and her mother were contacted due to her fathers death and Sakura decided to go to Texas to handle whatever was needed. Once there, she decided to stay in the States as the stars seemed to align. Going to STAR (South Texas Archery Riders) for fun to help deal with funeral arrangements, they offered her a job to be an instructor which she gladly accepted and took on duties of bookkeeper as well since she had an eye for finances. Later took up a job to teach at Austin Kyudo for traditional Japanese archery to keep connected to her roots. Two years later, she found an administrator position at the Community College and teaches mounted archery as an extra curricular class. She still contracts with STAR and Austin Kyudo as an on-call person, but right now a slower pace is what she needs.

What brings her to Triple D Ranch is that her apartment building burnt down and her co-workers got in contact with the owners to see if she can stay there until she got back on her feet. She has met Sarah once a year back when her work hosted a party there and it was a great place to be. Good food, good drink, and amazing people all together in one place. So with her Toyota Rav4 Hybrid and what little she does possess, she heads to the ranch to see what awaits her. 

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Saika on June 05, 2018, 12:48:35 PM
Name: Sakura Nakamura (Richardson – Father’s Last name)
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Personality: Sakura is what people call a workaholic. She keeps her professional and personal relationships separate from each other and comes off as sporadic, yet organized. She does know how to have fun, but with not much time on her hands, fun takes a back seat. Granted, her passion in her work makes up for it. She is competitive and hates to lose, but not a bad sport as she rolls with the punches. If pushed, she does have a temper and just as quickly as it came it can disappear.

History: Sakura was raised in Texas and had the last name of Richardson, as her parents were owners of their own ranch dealing with cattle and growing crops. After a couple of years of bad crops brought some issues for the family as her father picked up drinking and the marriage and family dynamics became toxic. When her mother finally had enough, she grabbed Sakura and left. Leaving everything behind and moved back to Japan, having her leave her friends at the age of 11.

Living in Japan she took on archery to help with some of her anger issues and a way to destress. Sakura also participated in mounted archery and starting at age 17, began to compete throughout Japan and internationally. At the age of 24, her and her mother were contacted due to her fathers death and Sakura decided to go to Texas to handle whatever was needed. Once there, she decided to stay in the States as the stars seemed to align. Going to STAR (South Texas Archery Riders) for fun to help deal with funeral arrangements, they offered her a job to be an instructor which she gladly accepted and took on duties of bookkeeper as well since she had an eye for finances. Three years later, Sakura also teaches at Austin Kyudo for traditional Japanese archery to keep connected to her roots.

What brings her to Triple D Ranch is that her apartment building burnt down and her co-workers got in contact with the owners to see if she can stay there until she got back on her feet. She has met Sarah once a year back when her work hosted a party there and it was a great place to be. Good food, good drink, and amazing people all together in one place. So with her Toyota Rav4 Hybrid and what little she does possess, she heads to the ranch to see what awaits her. 

Badass character

Sye

Quote from: Doomblade403xxx on June 06, 2018, 09:03:35 PM
Badass character

Thank you and just had to edit a few more things. Didn't realize how spread out everything was or how Texas traffic works lol

Phoenixrisen

Looks good, and a lot of people don't, so don't worry about it.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Ambie

Also curious...I forgot to get my char sheet up before leaving on vacation.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

WaitingCynicism

Interested. I might make an older character if someone wants to play his husband.

Chreestafer

Not making any accusations, however Phoenix has sadly disappeared a bit.  Thus sadly bringing the ingame ordeal to a slight halt.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chantarelle

Chreestafer

Quote from: Chantarelle on July 05, 2018, 12:32:16 PM
Damn...and I just made my profile.

I'm not saying to not post a CS. It isn't my game to make the calls, I just wanted to inform you there was a GM Disappearance sadly. I think one of the other players was thinking of taking over. Not sure though.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chantarelle

Sye

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 05, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
I'm not saying to not post a CS. It isn't my game to make the calls, I just wanted to inform you there was a GM Disappearance sadly. I think one of the other players was thinking of taking over. Not sure though.

Doom and I would love for this to continue. I like Sakura too much to let her go.

HockeyGod

Greetings all! Unfortunately the game GM has had real life come up and has not been able to participate in E. There was also no co-GM established in the game to provide transitional support. The game is on an indefinite hiatus.