TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 13, 2018, 10:10:29 AM
It's kind of fiddly, yeah, I'm probably just so used to working with it.

I don't use the Quick Topics at all. Sadly. I found what I needed for organisation with the Bookmarking.

Perhaps in the settings you need to turn them on still?

Quick Topics might be the better way to go. I have numerous group games but say you want just all the threads for that one group game in one menu, Quick Topics may be the way to go for you.

It's one of the great things about what Ssieth has done, it can be used just how you need it to when you need it. :)

So they need to be turned on as well.

It will add the Quick Topics to the menu bar.

Within a thread you will see the Add QT button is there.

Now you have specified threads in the QT drop-down menu above

I hope that helps, Sith.

So, it says it's enabled, but I'm not seeing where I can  fiddle with things.. There's nothing at that place you're showing me.
Always looking for roleplays, just keep in mind that I' m not a fast poster.

On's & Off's | Request Thread | A & A

Buffy the Vampire Slayer CYOA |
Eternal Nights (VtM) Interest Check  | Buffy: After the End Interest Check

Nymphadora

Hmm I'm sorry I'm not being as much help as I wanted to be. :(

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 13, 2018, 08:39:22 PM
Hmm I'm sorry I'm not being as much help as I wanted to be. :(

Not your fault. :)

Peripherie

I wasn't sure how to make Quick Topics work and your explanation really helped me Nyphadora - thank you!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Peripherie on January 14, 2018, 10:05:24 AM
I wasn't sure how to make Quick Topics work and your explanation really helped me Nyphadora - thank you!

I'm still lost. LOL

Nymphadora

Quote from: Peripherie on January 14, 2018, 10:05:24 AM

My pleasure! Glad it helped you! :)

Quote from: SithLordOfSnark on January 14, 2018, 10:25:49 AM
I'm still lost. LOL

Let's see if we can get it going for you, Sith. What have you done so far and what check boxes are checked in the settings for QTs in the script settings?

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 14, 2018, 10:57:53 AM
My pleasure! Glad it helped you! :)

Let's see if we can get it going for you, Sith. What have you done so far and what check boxes are checked in the settings for QTs in the script settings?

I can't even find how to access the settings..

Nymphadora

Ah!

OK, so in the menus across the screen you sill see Script Settings or should if the script is running. It will get you the popup box I showed in my post before.

This menu:

Hovering over Script Settings will bring up a menu but clicking on it will bring up the settings with different menus. That will lead you to Quick Topic settings and should get you to having them turned on so they show up as I had the in that previous post.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Quote from: Nymphadora on January 14, 2018, 11:33:56 AM
Ah!

OK, so in the menus across the screen you sill see Script Settings or should if the script is running. It will get you the popup box I showed in my post before.

This menu:

Hovering over Script Settings will bring up a menu but clicking on it will bring up the settings with different menus. That will lead you to Quick Topic settings and should get you to having them turned on so they show up as I had the in that previous post.

Firefox hates me.

I see the menu bar where it SHOULD be, but it's not there.

Nymphadora

Hmmm well that sounds like the script isn't actually running.

Did you install the Grease Monkey plugin to FireFox? Then install the script itself?
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

SithLordOfSnark

Yes, and it even says it's enabled.

Peripherie

The greasemoney plugin stopped working for me a while back so I had to download the tampermoney plug in and install it that way.

Here is the post where she mentions the problem:

Quote from: Ssieth on November 17, 2017, 09:51:01 AM
Hi,

Yes - the new GM plugin has broken everything.  I've switched to using the tampermonkey plugin and that seems to be working.  I need to work through the GM4 documentation and get it all working with the new plugin. At that point you would be able to switch back.

In the meantime, though, https://tampermonkey.net/ is the place to get something that works :)

And here is the link to the script to install once you have the plugin:

Quote from: Ssieth on November 19, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
You can get the latest version here: https://openuserjs.org/scripts/Ssieth/Elliquiy_Improver

:)

Sorry - the url does tend to drop off the bottom of the topic...

Not sure if the issues with greasemonkey are fixed for most people but this is currently working for me.

persephone325

Lately when I hit the "Reply" button, I don't see the option for my snippets anymore. Is that something that happens if you have too many? I can still access them, but it's not as convenient as before.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Gypsy

Do any of your snippet titles contain a symbol?  Like () or something like that?  If so, make them just letters and numbers and see if that fixes the issue.  It did for me.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

persephone325

Quote from: GypsyRose on February 10, 2018, 05:07:05 AM
Do any of your snippet titles contain a symbol?  Like () or something like that?  If so, make them just letters and numbers and see if that fixes the issue.  It did for me.

Aside from general board codes, I don't have any symbols.

EDIT: It seems to have fixed itself. Not sure what happened, but yay!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

My computer had a problem, and I had to redownload this script and the Greasemonkey one - but now I can't get it to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong... :-(
I don't know.

persephone325

Never mind. I figured it out...somehow. lol
I don't know.

Nymphadora

Glad you figured it out! Sorry I didn't see this to offer help. Not sure I could have but ...   :-)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

persephone325

Quote from: Nymphadora on April 14, 2018, 06:38:22 AM
Glad you figured it out! Sorry I didn't see this to offer help. Not sure I could have but ...   :-)

No worries. ^^ I think I downloaded the wrong thing. Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey... Got confused. lol
I don't know.

Gypsy

I've recently run into a tiny issue - a Quick Topic I was using was merged into another thread, so now the Quick Topic link leads to an error message and I haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Nebbermind.  Figured it out.  D'uh moment.
<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Jaclyn

Perhaps a bug in the script or an unintended side effect of something else – using Tampermonkey in Chrome x64 on Windows 10 x64, when I use my typical curly quotes (“”), all text between those turns blue, like “this.” No URL or anything else either.

Peripherie

Quote from: Jaclyn on July 15, 2018, 12:41:32 PM
Perhaps a bug in the script or an unintended side effect of something else – using Tampermonkey in Chrome x64 on Windows 10 x64, when I use my typical curly quotes (“”), all text between those turns blue, like “this.” No URL or anything else either.

There is a setting to make speech in posts blue. Go to 'Script Settings' - click on the actual name 'Script Settings' instead of looking for something on the drop down menu. Click on 'Speech Styling' and then you can change the settings - either to designate a color or to just remove the feature all together. Lots of other options available there as well. :)

The blue text threw me off the first time I started using the script too. ^_^

Jaclyn

Quote from: Peripherie on July 15, 2018, 12:44:43 PM
There is a setting to make speech in posts blue. Go to 'Script Settings' - click on the actual name 'Script Settings' instead of looking for something on the drop down menu. Click on 'Speech Styling' and then you can change the settings - either to designate a color or to just remove the feature all together. Lots of other options available there as well. :)

The blue text threw me off the first time I started using the script too. ^_^

  ✓, ✓ 1-2. “✓, ✓ 1-2. ” Hurray! On to other things. (Oh the Script Settings are in the modified E! menu along with PMs, and home and not elsewhere. Doh!

RampantDesires

Quote from: Ssieth on November 02, 2017, 06:53:53 AM
The "Script Settings" menu and then "Export Settings".  At the bottom of the form that pops up is a link that reads "You can also copy them to cabbit.org by clicking here".

If you click that link it should tell you that it's copied to cabbit.org.uk (a site I own and run).   Then from any other place you have the script installed you can go to the "Script Settings" menu and then "Import Settings" and click the link "Load settings from cabbit.org" at the top of that window (yay for lack of consistency there). 

That copies everything except for drafts (which are a bit too big at times to store).

I think this still works for importing your settings to other places that you might access E.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Ssieth

Apologies - been away for a long while.

I am back, now, though and plan to do a bit of an overhaul of the script :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.