Plot idea, need players!

Started by Flora of Horror, June 07, 2010, 01:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flora of Horror

Okay, it's just and idea, not a completely thought out thing.

A disease has taken over the human race, unable to find a cure, the government place a lotto to put a selected few to sleep till a cure could be found. Only 10 people are chosen all together. Criminals, politicians, and even ordinary people are chosen of all ages are concitered. Technology allows the effected chosen to sleep in capsels, with only an ID card that has all the information about the person on it, and a band around their wrist to show the progression of the disease till a cure is created. When the band turns completely white, they are dead.

So they sleep.

A bright light wakens them and they realize that the room of capsules is over grown and nothing seems to be working. What has happened to the docters? Is there a cure? Why aren't the phones working?

I hope you get where this might be going. This is my mini idea, if you think you have something to make it better, post it here and we can talk about it. But this is all that I've thought up with another friend of mine, and I really, really want to role play it. Please help me make it better.
☢so let's just drink to get drunk & tell each other everything☢
☣FOR A DRUNK MIND SPEAKS A SOBER HEART☣
⚡then we both can go on with life in denial of our spoken words⚡
⚠SO LETS GO ON BLAMING THE SHOTS OF VODKA ON OUR DRUNKEN MINDS⚠
until we both admit those hidden feelings we feel <3

Everything you need to know about me

RomanSoldier

I like this so far, however I think criminals need to be left out of the lottery. The idea that the rest of humanity is dead seems to be really cool too. What limitations are you thinking about having? What sort of play style? Is this going to be like a "Lord of the Flies" style game where people are killing each other, or are you looking more for the seeking out other people? Perhaps they need to fins the cure themselves. Maybe the cure was found and it didn't work on everyone. I was thinking that maybe the cure was found, and administered to them as they slept, but for some strange reason it didn't wake them up so the doctors didn't know that it worked.

Also, are you looking for an adventure type of game or action based?

Miyr

This sounds interesting to me Roman, and I agree with many of Flora's questions that she brought up.

I did have a question though, say you were to do this role play. . . How many years would it be after the end of humanity? If things are going to be overgrown, how extensive is it? Is it going to be like I am Legend where it hasn't been that long and people can still rely on the ruins of their civilization? Or will things be completely broken down and ruined?
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Flora of Horror

@ RomanSoldier: Okay, I can agree with no criminals. I'm still unsure about limitations, and play style but it's not going to be a "Lord of the Flies", they are not all going to be children stuck on an island, lol. Me and my friend were talking about having them seek other's out but when they tried to open the door, large strange creatures tried to attack and eat them. Like evolution took hold on some of the local animals and such. And they are defiantly not cured, I was thinking that there might be some... Well, I actually forget how they were going to be cured of if the sickness just took them. And it's a mix of action and adventure.

@ Miyr: I was thinking maybe around a hundred years pasted or maybe more. There are large thick vines covering everything that a few people needed help to get out of their capsules as they were trapped inside them because the vines were so strong that it was hard to pry off. But yea, there are going to be ruins that are still reliable and some others could be broken down.

Does that solve it up, or is there anything else your guys are confused about?

RomanSoldier

"Lord of the Flies" style doesn't just relate to kids on an island. It also refers to the fight for survival and the fight for leadership. If the disease isn't cured won't the characters just die? I can understand that they might die with the elements and creatures, but there should be at least some chance for getting out alive.

Also, I had started another Non-Adult RP when everyone was still unapproved and that one just died once everyone was approved. Are you looking to continue this even after you get approved? I hate starting a game that is just going to get dropped.

Oh and will the players be taking turns so that every player posts then the turns restart or will players post how they feel like?

Flora of Horror

It takes a while for the disease to take them, like a long time. There is a chance, I was thinking that there can be like a place were people could have moved to, like some experiment for the cure turned the animals into the weird creature a long time ago. Like animal experimentation that alters their DNA. Yea, I alway like to continue my role plays. And if it dies, I can always restart it. I don't like order, so players can just post as long as they just don't post after they just posted and no one had a chance to post something else yet.

RomanSoldier

Ok, that makes sense. Also good that you want to continue. Is there a specific character sheet/idea that you had in mind, do we just make up or characters or pick from a set that you had planned?

Flora of Horror

I'm not good at making premades, and I like seeing other people characters. So are you interested?

RomanSoldier

Already had said that I was interested. Did you want me to create a character. Oh, and I'm not sure but there might be an age restriction for characters.

Flora of Horror

Oh, yea, I forgot. Yes, just make them older teenagers to adults I guess, or children if anyone wants as this is a non adult section.

RomanSoldier

I am double checking on the age restriction, and I will let you know if there is, since it is a Non-Adult RP. If we can I am looking to play a young person.

RomanSoldier

I did just get verification that the minimum character age is 16, even in Non-Adult RPs.

Geradine

i would also like to be joining this rp. it reminds me a bit of the movie pandorum...anyway, i was thinking my character would have a military background, puttinng him around 24.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

RomanSoldier

My girl would be about 19. She was going to college to become a surgeon. She has some medical knowledge, but nothing more than disease names.

Flora of Horror

Okay, I figure we can just pick up more people along the way. Um, do we role play here or some place else?

Flora of Horror

Dashenka

Is there still room for more?

This certainly does sound interesting.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Rileysapphire

I'd like to play :)

✗Name✗[Layla]✗Age✗[11]✗Gender✗[Female]✗Likes✗✔[Singing]✔[Swimming]✔[Animals and Bugs]✔[Running and Playing]✔[People]✗Dislikes✗✘[Being Bossed Around]✘[Being Alone]✘[Darkness]

Rileysapphire

Here's a picture link :)

No pictures of underage characters please.  Also as a reminder, as per the Rules, characters must be mentally and physically at least 16 years of age, even for a non adult RP.  Thank you, Staff.

Dashenka

Two things,

1. You need to be acccepted first.
2. Minimum age is 16.

That said I still don't know if this game is still taking off?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Flora of Horror

Oh the game is still on, I'm just on vacation right now and it's hard to find internet. Jus post your profiles here, I'll go through them and post which ones I think are worthy on the thread and then you can post. But, yea, I thought I said that the characters can only be young adults to older teens, please read carefully before posting. I will allow you to make your profile again.