A Brave New (Rapacious) World [Pathfinder Homebrew Interest check] (to the 15th)

Started by RobyntheWitch, December 12, 2017, 09:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: TFcommando on December 13, 2017, 03:25:58 AM
*pauses to reflect on a good character type*  *Sees the thread overrun* :)  Decisions, decisions.
I'm half tempted to figure you a way to play that shaman you had a picture of in the pirate game!

Muse

Does dropping an ability score from 10 to 7 grant 4 points?  Or 3? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 03:45:46 AM
Thinking about jumping in Zaer?

I think you missed my earlier message :P

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 13, 2017, 02:59:47 AM
There appears healthy amount of interest already :). But I can throw in char concept as well; something dwarven and drunk + some class.

RobyntheWitch

RobyntheWitch

Arcanist

Well more or less finished a sorceress who is heavy in illusion, enchantment and transmutation. Just need a little feedback before I put her up.

Hopefully its a small, petite girl with either a big tiger or a bear maybe. Thoughts on an Animal Companion? Don't think a dinosaur will fit my character concept who has the Sylvan Bloodline. So, yes she has a bit of fey in her.

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

RobyntheWitch

kingmaster1

Oh god, I need to jump on making a character! I was thinking a halfling monk with surprisingly big boobs XD

Kathyan

Mmm... probably bringing a vigilante in since I was left wanting to try one.
I'd look for a picture I like.

Arcanist

Nessa Caine
Class: 1st level Human Sorcerer
Bloodline Sylvan

Ability Scores:
Strength:      10          Dexterity:    14
Constitution: 14          Intelligence: 14
Wisdom:       10          Charisma:    18

Misc. Information:
AC: 12/16 Mage Armor    Touch AC: 12    Flat Footed 10/14 Mage Armor
Hit Points:      8          CMB/CMD:    +0/12
Initiative:      +2         Speed:         30
Attack:          +0 Melee
                    +2 Ranged

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +2      Appraise:      +6      Bluff:                 +4
Climb:                +0      Diplomacy:    +8      Disguise:            +4
Escape Artist:      +2      Fly:              +2      Handle Animal:   +9 (+13 with Flint)
Heal:                  +0      Intimidate:    +4      Know (Arcana):  +6
Know (Nature):   +6      Perception:    +4      Ride:                 +3
Sense Motive:     +0      Spellcraft:      +6      Stealth:             +2
Survival              +1      Swim:           +0

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +2      Reflex Save:    +2      Will Save:         +2

Sorcerer Bloodline: Sylvan
Level 1: Sylvan, Animal Companion, Animal Companion Link, Share Spells with Companion

Alternative Racial Traits: Fey Magic
Low-Light Vision
Fey Magic in Forrest - 0 level spell: Know Direction, Purify Food and Drink & Stabilize. 1st level: Cure light wounds
Fey Thoughts: Class Skills: Diplomacy & Perception

Feats:
Eschew Materials (Bonus) - Cast spells without needing to utilize minor material components
Boon Companion - Abilities of animal companion calculated 4 levels higher
Spell Focus (Illusion) - +1 DC to Illusion Spells

Traits:
Friend to Animals: +1 bonus to Handle Animal Checks and Ride Checks - Handle Animal is class skill
Focused Mind: +2 Trait Bonus to Concentration Checks
Beastkin - Wolves: Speak with Wolves at Will and +1 Survival

Drawback:
Unlearned: Cannot take unskilled Knowledge Checks even if requirements are DC10 and below.

Spells: 0 level Unlimited, 1st level x4
0 level                   1st level
Acid Splash                      Colour Spray
Detect Magic                    Mage Armor
Oath of Anonymity
Prestidigitation

Description:
Height:  5'2"                     Weight:      100ibs
Hair:      Blond                  Eyes:          Green
Skin:      Fair
Languages Spoken: Common, Druidic & First Speech

Equipment:
Weapons:
Dagger in Boot and on Adventurer's sash
Sickle in Belt
Light Crossbow

Backpack - Adventurer's sash, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Mess kit, 2 Quiver - 20 bolts
                  Torch x2, Trail Rations x5, Traveler's Outfit & Waterskin.

Adventurer's sash: Dagger, Flask of Acid & Spell Component Pouch

Belt Pouch - 38gp

Flint - Wolf Animal Companion
Ability Scores:
Strength:      13          Dexterity:    15
Constitution: 15          Intelligence: 2
Wisdom:       12          Charisma:    6

Misc. Information:
AC: 14/18 with Mage Armor   Touch AC: 12     Flat Footed AC: 12/16 with Mage Armor
Hit Points:      20         CMB/CMD:    +3/14
Initiative:      +6         Speed:         50
Attack: +2 Melee 1d6+1 plus trip

Feats:
Agile Maneuvers
Trip: Upon Bite
Scent
Low-Light Vision

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +2     
Perception:          +5   
Stealth:              +6
Survival              +1    (+5 using scent to track)
Swim:                 +0

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +5      Reflex Save:    +5      Will Save:         +1

Tricks:
Attack, Down, Fetch, Heel, Seek, Track and Defend

Background:
She does not remember much of her past. Only that Flint has always been at her side, protecting her and keeping her warm at night. She had always lived with the wolves. They are pack. However, she does remember a lady that comes to her in her dreams, she could never remember her face, but somehow in her heart, she knew the lady would be beautiful and regal. In those dreams, she will dance, play and even have lessons, although she would never really remember those lessons. Living out in the dangerous wilds for most of her childhood, she does not know much of civilization. In fact, she still feels uncomfortable about it to this day.

One day, in the middle of the forest, in a clearing, she spots an old man. Usually, Flint would warn her of these dangerous animals and lead her away. In fact, she had seen a few of them before. They smell, act horribly to one another and kill other animals for sport. This time, however, Flint seems to let his guard down, even wanting to play with the old man. Flint never plays with anyone other than her. The old man smiled at her, “You must be Nessa. I have been asked to teach you”.

Years went by, at first it was difficult. Learning letters and learning how to talk and be civilized. Her mouth made sounds that they normally don’t. Then came the lessons in nature and magic. She loved those. Learning more about nature than she ever did when she was with Flint. But the best thing is she could do magic!

Sometimes she will follow the old man into towns. She never liked those trips, but the old man said that it was part of her education. She was his “granddaughter”. Many people knew the old man and respected him. They also tried to doll her up and dolt on her. Soon, the old man even made her make those trips by herself with Flint shadowing her of course. Soon, she too was well-liked by the townsfolk. Then one day, the old man just disappeared just as he first appeared. However, he did leave her a note and a small pouch of coins.

My dearest Nessa,
It is time for you to explore the world and live your life. I have taught you enough; the rest comes from experience. You have brought joy to my heart but know I must do my Mistress’ bidding. May our paths cross again.
With Love,
Briar Fox

Nessa cried for hours with Flint at her side comforting her. She had grown to love the old man. Picking up her possessions and the pouch of coins, she sets out to learn more of this world.

Arcanist

Well, that is my character. Feedback anyone? Its designed with story in mind.
She is a Fey Foundling. Yet to flesh her out. So any input is would be appreciated.
She depends quite a bit on her animal companion on low levels. Do not want to play a Druid. But I think Nessa would be interesting enough. She will specialize in Transmutation, Enchantment and Illusion.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 10:57:18 AM
She is a Fey Foundling. Yet to flesh her out. So any input is would be appreciated.
She depends quite a bit on her animal companion on low levels. Do not want to play a Druid. But I think Nessa would be interesting enough. She will specialize in Transmutation, Enchantment and Illusion.

I think she's lovely, Arcanist.  I really like your character sheet, too.  I am going to steal it, if you don't mind.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Talion Holt
Class: 1st level Human Slayer

Ability Scores:
Strength:      14          Dexterity:    18
Constitution: 14          Intelligence: 14
Wisdom:       12          Charisma:    -8

Misc. Information:
AC:  19 | Touch 14 | Flat-Footed 15
Hit Points:      12          CMB/CMD:    +3/17
Initiative:      +4           Speed:         30
Attack:          +3 Melee
                    +5 Ranged

Longbow (ATK +5, +6 PBS | DAM 1d8 or 1d8+1 PBS | Crit x3 | Range 100 ft. | Ammo 30 arrows & 5 silver arrows)

Cold Iron Greatsword (ATK +3 | DAM 2d6+3 | Crit 19-20/x2 )

Skills:
Acrobatics:          +5      Appraise:      +2      Bluff:                 +3
Climb:                 -1      Craft (Carp.): +3      Disguise:            -1
Escape Artist:      +2      Fly:              +2      Handle Animal:   -1
Heal:                  +1      Intimidate:    +3      Know (Dng):      +6
Know (Geo):       +6      Perception:    +5      Ride:                 +1
Sense Motive:     +5      Stealth:         +5      Survival:            +5
Swim:                +3

Saving Throws:
Fortitude Save:   +4      Reflex Save:    +6      Will Save:         +1

Slayer Special Abilities
Level 1: Studied Target

Racial Traits: Human/b]
Skilled;
Bonus feat;

Feats:
Track - Add 1/2 level to survival checks;
Point Blank Shot - Add +1 to ATK and DAM to ranged attacks within 30 ft;
Precise Shot - Prevents -4 to ATK when enemies and allies occupy adjacent spaces;

Traits:
Anatomist: +1 to confirm critical rolls;
Deadeye Bowman: Denies +4 AC to enemies behind soft cover;
Back for More:  +2 to ATK & DAM vs. enemies who successfully land a critical hit against him.

Drawbacks:
Loner: -1 to ATK and DAM when adjacent to ally, -1 to aid ally.

Description:
Height:  6'1                     Weight:      180 lbs
Hair:      White                  Eyes:          Blue
Skin:      Fair
Languages Spoken: Common, Dwarven, Elven

Equipment:
Traveler's Outfit;
Armor (chain shirt & buckler)
Kit (Backpack, containing:  belt-Pouch, blanket, 50 ft. hemp rope, soap, 10x torches, 5x trail rations, and a waterskin)

Background:

Talion Holt's childhood was not controversial or extraordinary.  It is known that his father was a barrister for the Baron of Bellek, and that Holt spent some time during his adolescence serving as that Lord's squire.  On the cusp of adulthood, he was levied to the Vaelentian military and served as an aide de camp for High Lord General Cutter Seward.  Citing boredom, Holt volunteered to join a scouting sortie in an adjacent kingdom, but the party was captured by enemy forces two weeks into their mission.  The men were interrogated and tortured, and ultimately forced to kill each other for a nobleman's amusement. 

Holt somehow managed to survive the ordeal and returned to the Kingdom of Vaelent when hostilities ended between the two nations.  He served as a city guard in Evergreen for a year, but he was dismissed from his post after he was accused of raping numerous women and several men.  He avoided prison by becoming a contracted bounty hunter, taking on deadly jobs in the forests surrounding Evergreen hunting down criminals and monsters.  Out in the middle of nowhere, Holt could do whatever he wanted with his prey.

He was arrested for murdering Lady Constansa Lewynn, an enigmatic woman close to the crown, and sentenced to death for his failure to bring her back alive according to a Royal Decree.  Prior to his execution, he was offered exile in exchange for his life, provided he help settle a place beyond the known world.  Thinking the unknown better than a noose, Holt jumped at the opportunity.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

I'm interested. I'll have something cooked up soon enough. :p

Hexed

Slayers and sorceress and quills oh my.  Missing a healer though?   Think a shaman, witch or oracle perhaps?

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: kingmaster1 on December 13, 2017, 08:12:56 AM
Oh god, I need to jump on making a character! I was thinking a halfling monk with surprisingly big boobs XD

Best hop hop hop shortstack!

Quote from: Kathyan on December 13, 2017, 09:32:06 AM
Mmm... probably bringing a vigilante in since I was left wanting to try one.
I'd look for a picture I like.

I remember you really wanted to try it!

Quote from: Arcanist on December 13, 2017, 10:57:18 AM

Nessa looks amazing! Is there any more questions you have so I can help you flesh her?

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 12:17:55 PM
I think she's lovely, Arcanist.  I really like your character sheet, too.  I am going to steal it, if you don't mind.

And you did, and he looks great! Though I am curious, shadow of Mordor for the name?

Quote from: Snake on December 13, 2017, 01:15:49 PM
I'm interested. I'll have something cooked up soon enough. :p
please do!

Quote from: Hexed on December 13, 2017, 02:11:22 PM
Slayers and sorceress and quills oh my.  Missing a healer though?   Think a shaman, witch or oracle perhaps?

oracle and witch easily, though I might work the shaman if you are a 'Northern Barbarian' the Kingdom deals with.

Ixy

Maryd Kitesbeck, CN Human Alchemist
An eccentric, dangerously curious, and caustically sarcastic girl, Maryd is a well-schooled daughter of a wealthy family.  She was expelled from her academy life after a concerted effort to violate every safety and behavioral guideline written and assumed in the history of the establishment.  After finally admitting that she would be a disastrous emissary, showed no innate talent for the arcane, and would do more harm than good in any respectable alchemist's established course of study, she was finally set loose to sow her special breed of trouble upon the monsters and villains of the world as a freelance adventurer.

(Questions... Are 3 traits ok with a drawback? Are background skills used?  And I intended for CN alignment, and will correct later)

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: Ixy on December 13, 2017, 03:16:08 PM

Maryd Kitesbeck, CN Human Alchemist
An eccentric, dangerously curious, and caustically sarcastic girl I Maryd is a well-schooled daughter of a wealthy family who was expelled from her academy life after a concerted effort to violate every safety and behavioral guideline written and assumed in the history of the establishment.  After finally admitting that she would be a disastrous emissary, showed no innate talent for the arcane, and would do more harm than good in any respectable alchemist's established course of study, she was finally set loose to sow her special breed of trouble upon the monsters and villains of the world as a freelance adventurer.

(Questions... Are 3 traits ok with a drawback? Are background skills used?  And I intended for CN alignment, and will correct later)

3 with a drawback and backgrounds just fine! CN is clear to use!

She looks fun!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 03:15:07 PM
And you did, and he looks great! Though I am curious, shadow of Mordor for the name?

No, I got the name from a guy who used to play with me online a long time ago.  His name was Prince Talion from the Lion's Tooth Islands.  Maybe he got it from LOTR?

As an aside, how acceptable is non-consent in this world?  Can a guy go to town on a bar wench while everyone watches?  o_o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

RobyntheWitch

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 13, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
No, I got the name from a guy who used to play with me online a long time ago.  His name was Prince Talion from the Lion's Tooth Islands.  Maybe he got it from LOTR?

As an aside, how acceptable is non-consent in this world?  Can a guy go to town on a bar wench while everyone watches?  o_o

In the old kingdom, not very or at all, in this new land that has not been build, there are no rules are laws yet laid out. To get things started, you must survive. Survival usually means the strongest, thus they hold the power. So If someone wanted to go rape the only bar wench the colony has while they watch, if he is strong, they aren't stopping him unless they are stronger than him.

You guys are on your own for most of the start as you build your colony. If that's what you are wanting to do? Well, good luck.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: RobyntheWitch on December 13, 2017, 04:05:40 PM
In the old kingdom, not very or at all, in this new land that has not been build, there are no rules are laws yet laid out. To get things started, you must survive. Survival usually means the strongest, thus they hold the power. So If someone wanted to go rape the only bar wench the colony has while they watch, if he is strong, they aren't stopping him unless they are stronger than him.

You guys are on your own for most of the start as you build your colony. If that's what you are wanting to do? Well, good luck.

Good thing I put a handy dose in survival!

Could you elaborate a little on the colony, though?  What will the party have at its disposal at the beginning of the game?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lynx181

It sounds like we are nearly at full capacity party wise...this may be fun for a long term game.